Home EN General Discussions & Questions Most Discussed Topics

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Fishing Hard Worker Event

Comments

• Weren't we supposed to get booster options with this update? What happened?
    No we weren't supposed to get boosters with this update. They said we would get the plus 10 counter but not boosters yet.
    Hello

Please bring boosters too otherwise its difficult for those who dont use gold 
    We need to run at 14 pps right from the start to get to the last reward . So if we dont skip we will need around 7 to 8 bonus by end of day 1 which is again hard .

So if boosters brought then we have a chance to get there :) can just run heavy dollar boosters and rewards are also achievable without gold :)
    Otherwise thanks once again for spoiling a good event as usual .

HWE is easy in the bonus version ,we have good amount of specials and fields and stables which can be made ready whenever we need but in FHWE everytime all pools other than what is needed for the box will successfully pop up :( and catching fish takes time too .
    Weren't we supposed to get booster options with this update? What happened?
    No there wasn't an announcement to add boosters Rusty Farmer. They said they were adding the +1 bonus to the FHWE now just like on the CHWE.

Don't fret though because you wouldn't want to spend any money on boosters for these crap rewards anyway.
    And in any case, even if the rewards would be worth it, if there were the possibility to buy boosters, they would just increase the amount needed to reach each reward, to "balance" /compensate from the fact that it would be possible to get more points. So no to boosters, thank you. 

@Rusty Farmer (AU1) @Rocky123 (IN1) @mia111 (GB1)  Its not clear whether or not you want us to put through the addition of personal boosters as a suggestion - We have not heard of any plans to add them, as, so far, they only appear on coop events, but if you do want us to suggest it, could someone start a thread in the suggestion section. But, I would be careful what you wish for, as personally I agree with Mia, that if they add the boosters, the numbers will all be rebalanced & end up even higher, so that it would be impossible to reach them if you don`t buy boosters. :/
  • Rocky123 (IN1)Rocky123 (IN1) IN1 Posts: 627
    edited 22.04.2018
    No we weren't supposed to get boosters with this update. They said we would get the plus 10 counter but not boosters yet.
    Hello

Please bring boosters too otherwise its difficult for those who dont use gold 
    We need to run at 14 pps right from the start to get to the last reward . So if we dont skip we will need around 7 to 8 bonus by end of day 1 which is again hard .

So if boosters brought then we have a chance to get there :) can just run heavy dollar boosters and rewards are also achievable without gold :)
    Otherwise thanks once again for spoiling a good event as usual .

HWE is easy in the bonus version ,we have good amount of specials and fields and stables which can be made ready whenever we need but in FHWE everytime all pools other than what is needed for the box will successfully pop up :( and catching fish takes time too .
    No there wasn't an announcement to add boosters Rusty Farmer. They said they were adding the +1 bonus to the FHWE now just like on the CHWE.

Don't fret though because you wouldn't want to spend any money on boosters for these crap rewards anyway.
    And in any case, even if the rewards would be worth it, if there were the possibility to buy boosters, they would just increase the amount needed to reach each reward, to "balance" /compensate from the fact that it would be possible to get more points. So no to boosters, thank you. 

@Rusty Farmer (AU1) @Rocky123 (IN1) @mia111 (GB1)  Its not clear whether or not you want us to put through the addition of personal boosters as a suggestion - We have not heard of any plans to add them, as, so far, they only appear on coop events, but if you do want us to suggest it, could someone start a thread in the suggestion section. But, I would be careful what you wish for, as personally I agree with Mia, that if they add the boosters, the numbers will all be rebalanced & end up even higher, so that it would be impossible to reach them if you don`t buy boosters. :/
    Hello Wabbit :)

No need of adding the boosters . I am sorry about causing the confusion .
    Now as the FHWE event ended i found boosters were not needed to reach the GML reward but only some planning and luck.
    I agree with Mia's thought on aftermath of introducing boosters .
    So please dont take this as a suggestion to dev team :) 
  • mia111 (GB1)mia111 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 741
    @WascallyWabbit
    Yes, please. Do not suggests the addition of personal boosters. IMO it will be just another money pit: they will not help, they will rise the bar so that if you want to reach what you were able to reach before you will need to use the boosters (dollars and/or gold) for it.
  • garybaldy (GB1)garybaldy (GB1) GB1 Posts: 502
    IMHO the addition of boosters would be a bad idea, as the targets would be raised .Not easy to get the GML, but just about doable , with lots of planning, good luck with sequence of crates and no sleep .....
  • Thankyou all for clarifying that .... Boosters? What boosters? No one here wanting boosters. 
  • itta_itta (INT1)itta_itta (INT1) INT1 Posts: 40
    edited 13.05.2018
    The gold mining license required 3,390,000 points.
    We have 3 days = 72 hours = 259200 seconds. 
    So, the points/second we need to win gold license is: 3390000/259200 = 13.1

That means, to win this prize we need to get 14 points/ second in EVERY SECOND from the beginning of the event. 

I know I can't do it. Or maybe I can with skipping more than 2000 golds =)
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    More correctly, 
    That means, to win this prize we need to average 14 points/ second in EVERY SECOND from the beginning of the event. 
    So,starting with Oysters at 11 p/s we need to to do 6 more boxes, all with bonuses, so that the last one will be 17 p/s.
  • aussie_mark (AU1)aussie_mark (AU1) Posts: 211
    edited 13.05.2018
    Was it more than 72 hours? My clock is still showing 3 days and it has been running awhile.

Even so the old event was 1.2 million for 2 licenses (within reach as it only needed around 5 points an hour to collect) and now its nearly 3.4 million points for 1 license with the points per hour rate set to ensure that its effectively out of reach for most players.

Mark
    Post edited by aussie_mark (AU1) on
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    My understanding of it is the time limit is over 3 days but it is disappointing to see just the 1 GML up for grabs in hard work rewards as opposed to the 2 in previous fishing hardworkers. It is still within reach with some well timed fish collections and a bit of luck but this is just another example of an event made harder and the rewards downgraded not improved.
    edited 13.05.2018
    Assuming we have full 4 days = 3456000 seconds, we still need to reach 10 points/second every seconds. Maybe we can reach it with waking up at 3 a.m sometimes to start collecting fishes for new box :D 

• archerbob (AU1)archerbob (AU1) AU1 Posts: 531
    It's not possible.

The thing that really peeves me this time round is that I got an email telling me I need to plan ahead for events, which is fine and all.  And in that email is a link to a calendar, that the FHWE does not appear... so I didn't have my boats lined up for the beginning of the event and thus another reason why its impossible to now get a GML.
  • ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
    It's not possible.

The thing that really peeves me this time round is that I got an email telling me I need to plan ahead for events, which is fine and all.  And in that email is a link to a calendar, that the FHWE does not appear... so I didn't have my boats lined up for the beginning of the event and thus another reason why its impossible to now get a GML.
    It definitely is possible, unfortunately though it is not possible without a large amount of gold for players who have lower level boats or who are not that active. I think that the rewards could also allow those players to collect an amount of gold with some good planning and a bit of hard work while giving players who can be more active to get a larger amount of gold. In my opinion, this would be a good balance to the situation.
  • Morgane (US1)Morgane (US1) US1 Posts: 83
    Ruined yet another event I actually looked forward to participating in...That brings the events I look forward to down to zero now....Well done GGS
  • garybaldy (GB1)garybaldy (GB1) GB1 Posts: 502
    The latest FHWE is possible, needs good planning and a good bit of luck, in getting crates and pools in the appropriate order .If I have to spend gold to win gold, I won't bother, given the time and effort involved, but looks to me that maybe 1 FHWE in 3 I will get a good chance .
  • aussie_mark (AU1)aussie_mark (AU1) Posts: 211
    edited 14.05.2018
    It may be possible to win a Gold license, but is the effort worth the reward?

It has been mentioned that "Good Planning/Timing" and "A bit of luck" are needed to win 1 gold mining licence. Its a 3 or 4 day event and for all the effort you get 2,000 gold.

For me, I'd rather wait until a 2 for 1 gold sale appears and spend $10. For my $10 purchase I get 20,000 Gold. The same result as busting my hump for 10 HWE Fishing events.

Mark
    Post edited by aussie_mark (AU1) on
  • PCA (GB1)PCA (GB1) GB1 Posts: 839
    The gold mining license required 3,390,000 points.
    We have 3 days = 72 hours = 259200 seconds. 
    So, the points/second we need to win gold license is: 3390000/259200 = 13.1

That means, to win this prize we need to get 14 points/ second in EVERY SECOND from the beginning of the event. 

I know I can't do it. Or maybe I can with skipping more than 2000 golds =)

The event lasts  96 hours and we need to average 10 point / second to reach the 3,39 million points for the GML

It has been mentioned that "Good Planning/Timing" and "A bit of luck" are needed to win 1 gold mining licence. Its a 3 or 4 day event and for all the effort you get 2,000 gold.

For me, I'd rather wait until a 2 for 1 gold sale appears and spend $10. For my $10 purchase I get 20,000 Gold. The same result as busting my hump for 10 HWE Fishing events.

Mark
    Good point of view. It's much more efficient to spend time catch real money than catch fishes. 

Mark

Its not really busting your hump though.......I have 14 ships in my fleet and if you leave all ships full of fish ready to collect before the start of fishing hardworker you get that fast start needed to work towards the GML in hard work rewards. There's also a GML for finishing in top 50 so thats 4000 gold for collecting and sending out boats......this event is a lot less demanding than coop hardworkers and CC because boats come and go every couple of hours.
  • It may be possible to win a Gold license, but is the effort worth the reward?

Mark

Its not really busting your hump though.......I have 14 ships in my fleet and if you leave all ships full of fish ready to collect before the start of fishing hardworker you get that fast start needed to work towards the GML in hard work rewards. There's also a GML for finishing in top 50 so thats 4000 gold for collecting and sending out boats......this event is a lot less demanding than coop hardworkers and CC because boats come and go every couple of hours.

You also have coop members supplying boosters, so I guess that all helps.

I'm just expressing my point of view, if a player feels they want to chase a reward that is worth at most 50 cents a day, that is their choice. If I could hire someone for 50 cents a day, I'd get my house painted every year.

Mark
  • didah (SKN1)didah (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 1,246
    edited 02.09.2019
    I'm a bit afraid if I'm the only one having problems with fhwe, this time around - usually the forum will be first to notice..

My crates showed I would get Tuna, mussles, tuna (and I remember specific, cause I thought it was lame, with 2 of the kind, so close to one another.)
    I harvest my tuna...- nothing happens even if from the front of the silo it looks like I have tuna there- but I don't
    Now I have Mussles, swordfish and Oysters?

One thing is that it's very difficult to obtain ++ to reach the goal - but will you please stop changing the conditions?

This is not good!

-didah

Post edited by WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) on
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    edited 14.05.2018

I'm just expressing my point of view, if a player feels they want to chase a reward that is worth at most 50 cents a day, that is their choice. If I could hire someone for 50 cents a day, I'd get my house painted every year.

Mark
    Couldn't agree with you more, Mark.

A GML (2,000 gold) is worth about 84¢. I'm not gonna bust my hump for 4 days straight just to save (less than) a dollar. My sleep is more valuable than that. :)

If others want to chase that dollar, more power to 'em. :) 

If I can get it without disrupting my sleep schedule or my method of playing, great.. If not, I'm not going to lose a lot of sleep over it. I'll throw GGS a dollar a couple times a month and call it even. :)
    Post edited by Southern (US1) on
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    edited 14.05.2018

Mark
    When I apply your comments to other events, I very much agree. But the way many of us do the event, there is no "hump busting" involved. We send the boats out and go about our day -- at least I do. Since they nerfed the event, I doubt if I'll ever see that coveted GML. But I do manage to win a trawler which helps me build my fleet, so maybe one day ... :)

@Southern (US1)   And yes, speaking in terms of real money, a GML isn't worth much. But some things on the farm can only be leveled up or obtained using gold, and if you don't buy gold, GMLs are very valuable. I'm not going to rearrange my life for them, or take extraordinary steps to get them, but I do value them.
  • Shay1968 (US1)Shay1968 (US1) Posts: 1,324

Mark
    Couldn't agree with you more, Mark.

A GML (2,000 gold) is worth about 84¢. I'm not gonna bust my hump for 4 days straight just to save (less than) a dollar. My sleep is more valuable than that. :)

If others want to chase that dollar, more power to 'em. :) 

If I can get it without disrupting my sleep schedule or my method of playing, great.. If not, I'm not going to lose a lot of sleep over it. I'll through GGS a dollar a couple times a month and call it even. :)
    I agree with you both and although I refuse to spend even a dollar on this game lately, I do what I can during the daytime and get a peaceful night's sleep.  As time demanding as this game has become with all the HWEs and CCs I will not let it disrupt my daily activities. I will not get up during the night, I will not get up in the middle of dinner, I will not run in the house during the middle of gardening, and I will not cut my grocery trip short.  Prizes have been drastically reduced and demands for the events have increased.  I have adopted the "get what I get" motto and prefer to focus on real life before it passes me by. 
  • Ladyoz (US1)Ladyoz (US1) US1 Posts: 155
    I have the same problem. Before this morning's "hot fix" I had swordfish running at 9/second for about 9-10 hours. Now suddenly the swordfish are gone and I have shrimp. BUT the counter was still running, as if the swordfish were still there - except it was at 0/second so no points were being scored. Instead of "hot fix" it should maybe be called "hot mess".
  • Same here Shay........The awful changes, the terrible "hotfixes", the dismantling and destruction of events and the taking away of rewards that folks used game resources or bought and spent gold for is just absolutely unspeakable........I'm thinkin' the after hours "beer parties" have spilt over into the work day or something......but I don't fret over it anymore......I just play for the fun of it, and whatever I manage to win, I win.......One thing's for sure, since the FHWE got skrooed up I dang sure won't EVER earn another GML.........smh, dissssssgusting............. >:)
  • Big Beck (US1)Big Beck (US1) US1 Posts: 514

Mark

But that if the next box coming up stays the same till you get to it and the current box keeps running for time it says it will.  Neither of those things were true this week.
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617

Mark

But that if the next box coming up stays the same till you get to it and the current box keeps running for time it says it will.  Neither of those things were true this week.
    Yep!
    Well yes but with all things running as they should this event isn't overly demanding. Gold won is a lot more satisfying to me than gold bought plus why would I buy gold and fund a company that has been disrespecting its customers badly in the last year or so?
  • Surya54 (INT1)Surya54 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 507
    I didn't play the event since got sick and many terrors here since 2 days ago. Thinking about GML is worth or not, it's not right now. Just getting sleep after sending the boats and get money from it much better.
  • Hey, just wondering on the HWE skip function.  I noticed at the start of the event it costs 100 gold to skip a crate.  Now my costs to skip a crate is 2,490 gold.  Is the increase based on how many skips you perform or based on your total points at that time?

Thanks for any help.
    Fortay
Sign In to comment.