Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update May 8th - Update Notes in a Bottle ARRRRR!! - Discussion

Comments

• It may be useful to have a colleague at GGS who reads and understands a Hungarian forum. 
  • Eowyn12 (HU1)Eowyn12 (HU1) HU1 Posts: 168

Sadly they had to start somewhere and the way to affect the minimum amount of players is starting with the smaller servers. While I agree that GGS should have planned much better the update and update all servers at the same time (to be more fair with the cc rewards, for example), by no means you (the Hungarian server) are the only ones in that boat. The Polish server (Edit: which was the first one to be change to HTML5 and was on this test task alone for a while), the Lithuanian server and the Scandinavian server are also under the HTML5 testing, the first two being also "linked" to EU countries and the last one representing many countries, some of which are also in EU.

I hope you get soon a moderator, as I know that can help a lot of players, and hopefully GGS will appreciate the effort of those servers that were the first to test html5 with some reward package.

Dear mia111,

this was a very bad decision of GGS.

Please note, that you are mistake that Polish server was the first and alone with html5. We've get the html5 in the same time with the Polish server on Polish language. Once upon a time one of my university teachers said that "there are some very good dictionaries...", but I don't speak Polish at all.

Software testing is a job. IT-companies paying real money for the testers, because they are employees. We are not employees, we had no choice.
    Our "payment" is a less service, than yours. And the feedback is not important. We've get a Hungarian forum topic for it, but no one will read and understand the feedbacks. Do you know what does it mean? The html5 test-servers will be killed.... But we like this game. And I think this is our last chance not to lose what we like. We can only say it on other servers forum. And why we do it? Because if we don't try to say our opinion and stop them which server will be the next?

We don't have support on national language for more than 2 years. We don't have any CM for more than a half a year to say what we think. We have some players (like me), who does this "work" without any payment, translate and try to do something. 

But it turned now to a legally question. Maybe something changes. Maybe not. But we can say: we tried.

• mia111 (GB1)mia111 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 741

Sadly they had to start somewhere and the way to affect the minimum amount of players is starting with the smaller servers. While I agree that GGS should have planned much better the update and update all servers at the same time (to be more fair with the cc rewards, for example), by no means you (the Hungarian server) are the only ones in that boat. The Polish server (Edit: which was the first one to be change to HTML5 and was on this test task alone for a while), the Lithuanian server and the Scandinavian server are also under the HTML5 testing, the first two being also "linked" to EU countries and the last one representing many countries, some of which are also in EU.

I hope you get soon a moderator, as I know that can help a lot of players, and hopefully GGS will appreciate the effort of those servers that were the first to test html5 with some reward package.

Dear mia111,

this was a very bad decision of GGS.

Please note, that you are mistake that Polish server was the first and alone with html5. We've get the html5 in the same time with the Polish server on Polish language. Once upon a time one of my university teachers said that "there are some very good dictionaries...", but I don't speak Polish at all.

Software testing is a job. IT-companies paying real money for the testers, because they are employees. We are not employees, we had no choice.
    Our "payment" is a less service, than yours. And the feedback is not important. We've get a Hungarian forum topic for it, but no one will read and understand the feedbacks. Do you know what does it mean? The html5 test-servers will be killed.... But we like this game. And I think this is our last chance not to lose what we like. We can only say it on other servers forum. And why we do it? Because if we don't try to say our opinion and stop them which server will be the next?

We don't have support on national language for more than 2 years. We don't have any CM for more than a half a year to say what we think. We have some players (like me), who does this "work" without any payment, translate and try to do something. 

But it turned now to a legally question. Maybe something changes. Maybe not. But we can say: we tried.

It was a bad decision. I wonder if they tried to do both updates at the same time (flash and html5) but they run into problems, like often.

Please, do note that Polish server started HTML5 on April 19, 2018. That things are in Polish are probably because GGS was doing bug fixes there and they made errors when correcting them. Since they corrected for the Polish server (and texts in Polish are just fine in the Polish server) they didn't realize that they were bugs anymore. Rollout of HTML5 on the Scandinavian, Hungarian and Lithuanian happened on May 2, 2018, so the Polish server was well over 10 days testing the feature alone. Probably the rollout came when they observed few not critical issues remaining in the Polish server.

All software companies test software. Some more than others, probably depending on the needed quality of the software. Even if the software is critical and lots of tests are run, lamentably bugs are unavoidable (I know this by experience, as I am a software developer and I do test extensively my code and other developers code). Many bugs will come to light when the software is live in the community of users. That is why there is support among other things. I'm pretty sure than feedback is read (even by means of translator software in the worst case) although maybe not completely understood (even if it were to be in ones' own language sometimes). 
    I do hope that some reward package is given to all those that were the first to tests the html5. html5 "test-servers" won't be killed, I doubt that a lot.  All severs eventually will be run in html5. Else the game will be killed as flash is not going to be supported any longer.

I am sorry to hear that you don't have support in your national language. These players that you describe, as yourself, could volunteer as forum moderators. Forum moderators are players (like you and me) that assist other players without any payment, except for maybe some extra decos or "gifts" to their (in this case) farms. I have been forum moderator of some games that are long gone and it worked like that. We did not have CM's either in our forum, but we were in contact with the team which send us (the mods) messages to translate and put in our respective forums. I'm pretty sure the working here is similar. It was a fulfilling task but quite time consuming unfortunately, so you need to have the time for it and sometimes lots of patience.

• Tinzen (SKN1)Tinzen (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 473

This html5 test is a DISCRIMINATION. As I know Hungary is member of EU, and you have to give the same service in all countries of EU. The same as in Germany, GB, or other countries you like better than Hungary. If you don't do it, you discriminate.

I for one (and only talking about myself here), dont feel discrimated nor offened by testing the new HTML5.

I do know that they need to start somewhere, and it does makes more sense to start at the smaller ones rather ie dutch or us or au or gb.

I am from Denmark, but we also have sweds in my coop and used to had finns too. All a part of the EU.

And who said that YOU as person HAVE to test? Where does that said anywhere? Can u point that out for me? I am not sure how many in the coop as I am in, is testing this, but I do know that some have and have been going back over to the flash version again. I am trying to gathering as much info as I can into this, so when I am playig, then yes, I am testing, but that is a CHOICE as I have made at my own.

And forum wise: Be happy, that u have ur own forum. SKN (the nordic server) is a part of the English. Even far from all in my coop can English. But not many in my coop is in forum anyway, so I am the coop person for them.
  • Eowyn12 (HU1)Eowyn12 (HU1) HU1 Posts: 168
    Tinzen,

you don't understand what does it mean your voice is unhearable.

Your forum is here, as you say. So if you have a problem with the game you can get the answer on your own forum. You don't need to search an answer on another forums, like us need to. That is not the same position. 

About the testing: I don't see why can't for example german server test html5? Why? What's the problem with them?

Is there any serious reason instead of "because we said!"?

It all could only be all right just in that case if in the flash servers won't be updated till the test on html5 servers is over, and html5 is ready to work.

Dear mia111,

the last sentence is for you too. Why need to update a flash version? That will be stopped if html5 is ready to work. Why?

Thanks but I don't want to be a forum moderator. Why? Because I have a working place and I have a small kid who has just one parent (that's me). But as my freetime allows I try to help to my coop's members and other player on our server. But I have not enough time to be a forum moderator. 

• Tinzen (SKN1)Tinzen (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 473
    the german server is one of the bigger ones, and they do test on the smaller ones. but u are partly right, because I thought, that we had a TEST SERVER, so it could be for all who wanted on all servers, but i guess, that they wanted it to go live directly....
  • karadok (PL1)karadok (PL1) PL1 Posts: 1,122
    Eowyn12 (HU1) said:

Why need to update a flash version? That will be stopped if html5 is ready to work. Why?

That's a good question. Why GGS couldn't wait with update until update for servers with html5 will be ready??? Especially during WWC.. ?
  • ha
    We shall see but as usual i dont have a lot of happy thoughts about improvements because i am tired of false hope!
    @EDWINMIT (US1) Go on treat yourself to a smile, even with pot luck they have to get something right sometimes hehe  B)
    I smiled a little smile, sense most large coups can only use construction coins when steve around it was a letdown for larger farms and lose a good chance too use them. cant store them so u lose them, and there supposed too be a good upgrade prize? tell them thanks for the try, it must have hurt them a lot just too try!

• What does it mean for the servers not getting the update as SKN.

Are we loosing something?
    Will our cc start same time as other servers?

nannsi
    @nannsi (SKN1) It just means anything that was changed on the other servers, will not be on yours yet, such as the new rewards in CC.
    Dear players, moderators and Community Managers,

I writing this comment in the name of all players from hungarian servers. First of all, i would like to ask a competent person from the team, why the hungarian players are punished by not getting the recent update and we are struggling for the weak rewards from the previos CC's and other events.
    Do you think, this is fair and thats all right? What made it possible to enable html5 testing for the hungarian server besides a few smaller servers? Can we expect compensation for this?
    We do not understand, why we are the nation, who who has been selected for testing the new html5version of our loved game, in Polish language, when most of the players event dont speak and understand the english language. We do not have a hungarian moderator who could describe our problems while we testing, even writing our experience on the hungarian forum, because either of the management team not understanding our language.
    Its possible that the hungarian team of players is small, but on the last WWC our server was on the 8th place, we are very proud for this. Please condider paying more attention on the hungarian players too.
    We can not give voice for our opinion, because we do not have a moderator, who could represente us and moderate our problems and feedback regarding this game. You are not willing to hire a moderator from september last year, who could bring the news for us, represent us in front of you and resolve our problem. Since september there have been several candidates, why dont you find a candidate qualified to make order on the hungarian forum?
    Players translating the news and info about the upcoming update and only in this cases we get new info about the game. I know that a reliable old player, who helps a lot in translation on the forum and on a private facebook group as well, his name is [Removed], sent the form but wasnt nominated. it is true that he has less comments, but please tell me, with who to talk? Himself? Because a lot of player left the forum, after the last moderator give up, [Removed] is a trustworthy, calm, nice person, we would like you to finally be able to get a moderator! 
    It is incredible for us that the Hungarian players and their opinions do not count you so much? Do you think that Hungarian players can do everything because they will not have the echo of language barriers? We love this game and we respectfully ask you to take Hungarian players as humans.
    How do you think that you are pushing everything on our throat? We would like to draw everybody's attention that we are here and we dont ask testing the html5 version of the game, especially in polish language, because this language is loadid automatically, even if we select the hungarian language with hungarian server. We think that test players this new version who receive it on a language that he / she understand.
    In addition, we ask you to compensate for the rewards of the current CC, so please do not continue the previous poor rewards! We are the same players as other nations, we are not experimental mice!

We would like to receive answers on the basis of what the Hungarian players have allocated to the same number of master points, much less WWC medals than, for example, for German players once there is no server rankings?
    Just to illustrate the differences:
    Hungarian TOP1 player: 615,000 master points, 2100 medals
    another player: 84,000 master points, 765 medals

German players:

47,714 master points, 1135 medals
    26,129 master points, 829 medals
    77,720 master points, 1434 medals
    101,980 master points, 1659 medals

The difference is remarkable, and even the German players are upset why they got so few coins, so what are the Hungarians to say? We can not even complain about it because we are not listening to it because of the language barriers, support constantly refuses us, the forum is barely visited by anybody, more and more Hungarian players leave the game because they simply refuse to deal with us!

Therefore, we ask you to take immediate action to ensure that CM does not use Google translators to inform Hungarian players every few weeks with a little bit of crunch about the game and also ask that the current co-operative contest be equally rewarded for those servers players who had the latest update!

Thank you for your understanding and also for reading my post. Since English is not my native language and I did not write my thoughts with a google translator, so I apologize for the mistakes.

Regards:
    players on the hungarian server

Removed name | Cuddly

• It seems to me that the Big Farm game also works with "double standards". Like when the same manufacturers, different quality, shoddy products are shipped to some European countries.

Úgy látom, a Big Farm játékban is működik a „kettős mérce”. Mint amikor ugyanazon gyártók, eltérő minőségű, silányabb termékeket szállítanak egyes európai országokba.

• dpbplue (US1)dpbplue (US1) US1 Posts: 15

Village League Rewards panel Pops Up on Monday morning 1am EST .

It may be the only panel we cannot get rid of before we solve the rewards.

Why can't we postpone it when we have more time to do it? - it takes a quite a few minutes to go through. It does not matter the hour it pops up - the problem is u Have to solve it right away or convert rewards as Village Money.

I would like - and many others - to have the choice to postpone the resolve of the awards for when we have time, later  - we have 1 week to do it !! - we could we just go to village and open it later ?!! Why it is not done like this ??? And also - why not be possible to accumulate the rewards over a few weeks ??

On the other hand - there is a problem with an item : TOOLS - it can never be bought no matter how big rewards!    I made a ticket with this a few months ago  and never got solved.

• Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268

Village League Rewards panel Pops Up on Monday morning 1am EST .

It may be the only panel we cannot get rid of before we solve the rewards.

Why can't we postpone it when we have more time to do it? - it takes a quite a few minutes to go through. It does not matter the hour it pops up - the problem is u Have to solve it right away or convert rewards as Village Money.

I would like - and many others - to have the choice to postpone the resolve of the awards for when we have time, later  - we have 1 week to do it !! - we could we just go to village and open it later ?!! Why it is not done like this ??? And also - why not be possible to accumulate the rewards over a few weeks ??

On the other hand - there is a problem with an item : TOOLS - it can never be bought no matter how big rewards!    I made a ticket with this a few months ago  and never got solved.

You CAN go to the Hill in the Co-Op Village and open the reward panel at any time during the week and spend any medals you've been awarded up to that point.  The Sunday panel that pops up is the "use them or lose them" one. Course, that's also when most Co-Ops get the majority of their points, for their place in the rankings..

But if you win any medals during the week in the League, you can spend them at any time, up until the Sunday panel that pops up.

Why they don't want people to save the medals from week to week, I have no idea.. It's not like it would affect much.. Oh boy, someone is able to afford a (crappy) deco once a month instead of having to buy 20 chicken feeds..
  • sam70 (INT1)sam70 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 15
    edited 15.05.2018
    big farm is a bad game now, very very bad
    all of the good rewards were removed,
    i have over 340 hours twice experience points booster and after that yesterday's hotfix i have just 13 hours booster, i used my tokens for getting 340 hours booster and now i lost my booster
    that's a shame for GOOD(!)GAME STUDIOS  :|
    i hate this game now , it's rubbish
    Post edited by sam70 (INT1) on
  • aaabbb1 (INT1)aaabbb1 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,049

Chech how many tools you have in your inventory. Namely, the 500 is maximum. You can have more, if these tools are gained as a reward, but in that case you can not buy more in a medal shop or gain them by dropping from buildins.
  • sjanni (SKN1)sjanni (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 20
    thanks BF for ruin the hwfe, i have used a lot of gold to get in top 50, have all boats ready loaded with fish for the next load, and then it is al useless,all the gold spend, dollars on boatsloading, dip and i can go on, and then all a waste of time and real money, i dont have oysters ready now and will loose my place in the top 50, THIS is not okay, im realy not happy  right now
  • didah (SKN1)didah (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 1,246
    NONONO you restartted the whole FHWE.

I had tuna on 14 for rest the event, ranked in the mid tweenties...why on earth did you reset it , and why on earth did you at all do a update now, when you know what will happen?!

when has it NOT happened?!

You guys are seriously suffering from Goldinities -which will lead the game to a slow painfull death. Geez

Will I restart the event now---ofcourse not.! >:)

• nannsi (SKN1)nannsi (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 325
    same her - FHWE started over again, i had herring running for more than 1 day on 12 - enough to get the gold licens

What now - will i get it or what............!!!
  • JustMe (US1)JustMe (US1) US1 Posts: 491
    what has happened to the organic market!! virtually all the orders are for low level players  these are ridiculous to be seen at my level (i consider I am only mid level at 225) -- the other 2 orders are not much better

for a BRIEF while the MO were actually decent again but it was so brief i must have been dreaming....

it seems apparent with @CM_Hunter's latest announcement his frustration is on Defcon 4 (with a lack of staff? skeleton crew?  no one knows what they are doing or responsible for?) with all the glitches & "forgot to do that"'s we have had in the past several weeks and per his announcement of a no end in sight of the "bugs" but even of just fixing the punishment visited on many players which has no ETA in the near future either - so don't hold your breath players T_T

so GGS keep on rolling out that new untested content and known broken coding while you try and play the magician to keep us entertained with some little new deco - very very sad

the obvious aim at new players through the crappy market orders and rewards & tons of internet ads & TV ads {$$$$!!!!}  leaves the rest of us out (still  here but are we still loyal?) and getting the short end of the stick

• eug1 (NL1)eug1 (NL1) NL1 Posts: 11,434
    All the boosters are removed because of a bug somewhere last week. The reason is that it may affect the economics of the game. The moment the solution is found and communicated to us may take some time, due to staff problems. 
    So steal all the the boosters that were won (or bought) in a honest way does not affect the economics of the game. Right now it takes me lots of extra time to get a level up and gain the bonus in dollars and gold. That's not an influence in the economics? And what about the Euro's some players paid to get the tokens for the Wheel of fortune and not receiving the price? That's almost a theft.
    Question: wasn't it better to rmove the booster afterwards, just after the moment the short-handed staff found out who gained against the rules? I like to see your comments
  • To go from thousands of hours of double xp to 31 hours is unacceptable.  To read this is low priority to GGS is also unacceptable.  Cost us money to spin that wheel.
  • This is unfair and very unprofessional.
     How can you (mods) "just" change everything in hwfe
    I and my coop members have invested time and gold to play this. Our boats ARE FILLED to the brim with FISH we can not use no  more.
    NOTHING NEW UNDER THE SUN CONSIDERING THIS GAME!
    DAMN !
     AM I DISAPPOINTED !!!!!!!!!!
    Is there nothing in this game worth investing time anymore ?
    Can someone suggest an other game where you get what u win and the game not changes i the middle of a competition and so on and on and on and on and on and on .........? 
    I'm so fed up with just accepting this unproff BF farm game... i feel farmed !
  • You promised you won't count the results of first week in WWC to Frida's competion. Against of the promise there was published a list about the actual results. I'm on the 13th place on this list, and there is a Hungarian player too on the 8th place. The problem is that neither on first week, nor on this week this player was before me. My points on the list is not correct, too. I'm the first on Hungarian server, my points are: 1.298.000 Please explain why this list you published is false?
  • mia111 (GB1)mia111 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 741
    edited 16.05.2018
    You promised you won't count the results of first week in WWC to Frida's competion. Against of the promise there was published a list about the actual results. I'm on the 13th place on this list, and there is a Hungarian player too on the 8th place. The problem is that neither on first week, nor on this week this player was before me. My points on the list is not correct, too. I'm the first on Hungarian server, my points are: 1.298.000 Please explain why this list you published is false?
    I don't see contradictions here. They say the first week didn't count, so the players in the list published should have less points than the points they see in their respective wwc rankings. You see 1 298k which are your points including week 1 and week 2. The scores published give the points from week 2 onwards. They show around 377k for you meaning that in week 2 you scored 377k and in week one you scored 1 298k-377k = 921k.

The other player in the HU1 sever must be in a different level gap than you and that is why you don't see him/her. There are I think 4-5 level brackets and each one of them sees a list like the one in the picture from the left (i.e. there are 4-5 players in each server that get first position). The contradiction would be if the other player is supposed to be in the same level gap than you.

Congrats on the 13th position and btw where did you found that pic from the right?
  • durbar (IN1)durbar (IN1) IN1 Posts: 138
    I WANT my 5000+ double XP hour back immediately. If u can rob it off, u must return when caught. And immediately. Every hour was hard won by toil over years. How can I let it go like smoke due to ur proverbial inefficiency.

And I also want compensation for my F***ed up fishing HWE.

P.S. When u launched this game, u should have been aware of ur answerability to the players. Why cant u employ some decent programmer who really know their stuff. We don't want to hear any more of bug-story. Its ur headache, not ours. 
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    This is unfair and very unprofessional.
    I and my coop members have invested time and gold to play this. Our boats ARE FILLED to the brim with FISH we can not use no  more.
    DAMN !
    Can someone suggest an other game where you get what u win and the game not changes i the middle of a competition and so on and on and on and on and on and on .........? 
    Just to let you know that GGS NEVER Reads the Forum. The Mods have very little control over the game. They just relay our complaints and concerns back to a member of GGS. They control the game and the events that go on with in the game.
  • JustMe (US1)JustMe (US1) US1 Posts: 491
    edited 17.05.2018
    whoever flagged HipLYS (SKN1) - shame shame on you

Post edited by JustMe (US1) on
  • You promised you won't count the results of first week in WWC to Frida's competion. Against of the promise there was published a list about the actual results. I'm on the 13th place on this list, and there is a Hungarian player too on the 8th place. The problem is that neither on first week, nor on this week this player was before me. My points on the list is not correct, too. I'm the first on Hungarian server, my points are: 1.298.000 Please explain why this list you published is false?
    I don't see contradictions here. They say the first week didn't count, so the players in the list published should have less points than the points they see in their respective wwc rankings. You see 1 298k which are your points including week 1 and week 2. The scores published give the points from week 2 onwards. They show around 377k for you meaning that in week 2 you scored 377k and in week one you scored 1 298k-377k = 921k.

The other player in the HU1 sever must be in a different level gap than you and that is why you don't see him/her. There are I think 4-5 level brackets and each one of them sees a list like the one in the picture from the left (i.e. there are 4-5 players in each server that get first position). The contradiction would be if the other player is supposed to be in the same level gap than you.

Congrats on the 13th position and btw where did you found that pic from the right?

You promised you won't count the results of first week in WWC to Frida's competion. Against of the promise there was published a list about the actual results. I'm on the 13th place on this list, and there is a Hungarian player too on the 8th place. The problem is that neither on first week, nor on this week this player was before me. My points on the list is not correct, too. I'm the first on Hungarian server, my points are: 1.298.000 Please explain why this list you published is false?

I don't have problem with my place on your list. I have only problem with my points. First week I had 615 000 points, at second week I had about 600 000 points.
    So my points are not correct anyway.
    The other HU1 player is in the same league with me, and now this player is the second. This player didn't make more points than me at this two weeks, neither at first week, nor at second week. So the  list is totally false.
  • HipLYS (SKN1)HipLYS (SKN1) Posts: 69
    edited 18.05.2018
    This is unfair and very unprofessional.
    DAMN !
    Just to let you know that GGS NEVER Reads the Forum. The Mods have very little control over the game. They just relay our complaints and concerns back to a member of GGS. They control the game and the events that go on with in the game.

THANK YOU mr.   Data King (US1)  For correcting me ,of cause I meant GGS NOT  mods  

And sorry to Wabit i was not on your neck at all.

• eug1 (NL1)eug1 (NL1) NL1 Posts: 11,434
    No word on the bug in the last coop champs. And today they start a new one already, So, is that bug still there? Can we wait for another big problem, with prices going all the way wrong. And what will be the solution now? Take everybodies gold? Can't wait to see what will happen this time.
Sign In to comment.