Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Game now displays 9,999+ when you have more than 9,999 items?

Just logged back on and see 9,999+ for items in the game menu ring that I have more than 9,999 of. At first I thought I'd lost about 90% of my inventory. Is this happening to others as well?

Mark

Comments

• Rocky123 (IN1)Rocky123 (IN1) IN1 Posts: 627
    Yes same here as well
  • paroma (IN1)paroma (IN1) IN1 Posts: 45
    Same here too
  • kalsha (IN1)kalsha (IN1) IN1 Posts: 43
    For me, it is all blank.  Not showing seaweed, super premium or premium feed at all.  only normal feed can be seen.
  • same for me.  had more than 11k SW feed now not showing.  
  • aussie_mark (AU1)aussie_mark (AU1) Posts: 211
    edited 08.05.2018
    For me, it is all blank.  Not showing seaweed, super premium or premium feed at all.  only normal feed can be seen.

Might a cache issue?? Try closing and re-opening the browser etc. See if that helps.
  • Looks like there has been a programming change. In the Update May 8th, They said we would get a private message with the link to the google calender, that arrived, but I didn't read about any change to the way items would be displayed.

I must have missed that.

Mark 
  • paroma (IN1)paroma (IN1) IN1 Posts: 45
    Everybody must have missed that
  • kalsha (IN1)kalsha (IN1) IN1 Posts: 43
    I got ingame message with link alright but it is not working. the message is frozen.  :p 
  • CuddlyFoxes (FormerMod)CuddlyFoxes (FormerMod) Guest Posts: 845
    edited 08.05.2018
    Just logged back on and see 9,999+ for items in the game menu ring that I have more than 9,999 of. At first I thought I'd lost about 90% of my inventory. Is this happening to others as well?

Mark
    Hey @aussie_mark (AU1) that was changed in the update. You can still see the exact amounts of feed in farm management or when making feed in the mill or lab. :)

If there is no number showing on the feed in the ring menu due to it being a smaller amount than 9,999 please reload the game. You may need to reload a couple of times to get the amount to show.
  • eissol (NL1)eissol (NL1) NL1 Posts: 21
    There are few members in our coop who lost everything they had on food ?
    What was happened now.
    Will there be any hotfix or update thats works right ?
    Its getting worse and worse...

We get an ingame e-mail that is totally empty !!
  • MRG1 (US1)MRG1 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,554
    I got ingame message with link alright but it is not working. the message is frozen.  :p 
    My in-game message was blank. LOL
  • sally456 (US1)sally456 (US1) Posts: 196
    edited 08.05.2018
    Got the 9990+ on the rings too.  For me it seams to be working just fine.... thank goodness!

But it is annoying not to see the full amount.
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    edited 08.05.2018
    Yep, very annoying. They could have raised the max number, at least. Or, as someone suggested, show the amount when you hover over it.

They still haven't put right what was messed up a long time ago that allowed us to see what we had in the ring menu even if the field was busy or humus was already applied. The greenhouse still works right, thank goodness.
    Post edited by artful (US1) on
    The display of high values only was bothersome to a few, that had to then check their inventory on a couple of overstocked items. Now many people are affected and have to check inventory on everything. 

Did anyone ask that this be 'fixed'? Probably not.
  • farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    The reason for the change was explained in the German forum this way....

The amount has been changed as it became very confusing when the premium food reached 100,000. In case of manure, for example the display is different again because the individual products do not get in the way.
    Unfortunately, it was not possible to move the icons in the ring menu without much programming effort (and the risk of errors), hence the 9,999+ solution.

The amount has been changed as it became very confusing when the premium food reached 100,000. In case of manure, for example the display is different again because the individual products do not get in the way.
    Unfortunately, it was not possible to move the icons in the ring menu without much programming effort (and the risk of errors), hence the 9,999+ solution.

So why not make it 99,999+ ?

huh? No idea what this means
    edited 08.05.2018

huh? No idea what this means
    Me either.  :D  But our German friends are as unhappy about it as we are.  ;)

Here's a link to the post from their Mod....
                          https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/de/discussion/comment/3880552/#Comment_3880552
    GG talking Gobbledygook again. LOL

edited 08.05.2018
    @artful (US1)  I think it would give the same confusing readout in the ring menu due to the close proximity of special and premium feeds. Here's the example they used....

@artful (US1)  I think it would give the same confusing readout in the ring menu due to the close proximity of special and premium feeds. Here's the example they used....

Dat's a whole lotta feed! LOL!
    They could have just made it smaller print if over 10,000 feed.
    edited 14.05.2018
    After seeing yet another so-called 'fix' that stole from the players (the loss of XP boosters from everyone regardless of whether they were earned fairly or given in error), I am beginning to think that perhaps the change in the feed display may be intentional as yet another way to easily steal from us.  I can't be checking my farm management tab constantly, and I certainly wouldn't notice if I suddenly was missing a couple thousand feed.

Please change it back. Make the font size smaller if you must, but let me see the amount I have.  It's not that I don't trust GG, but I really don't trust GG.
    Post edited by MRG1 (US1) on
  • There seems to be a total lack of ownership of the problems the "Team" create and customer care is in the poor to non existant range.

1 recent issue the players needed to write in an tell them what they didn't get. Who got an email advising this? No one, only players linked to the forum would know about this.

When a problem is reported, how many times have you heard, "We'll get it fixed straight away?". You never have, its always when the "Team" get in tomorrow or nothing can be done its the weekend or its a holiday.

The "Team" need to stay until they fix the problems the create/return to work and fix issues they create.

The 1 positive is that I think we are pretty much at rock bottom here, so hopeful they can only go up from here.

Mark
    There seems to be a total lack of ownership of the problems the "Team" create and customer care is in the poor to non existant range.

1 recent issue the players needed to write in an tell them what they didn't get. Who got an email advising this? No one, only players linked to the forum would know about this.

When a problem is reported, how many times have you heard, "We'll get it fixed straight away?". You never have, its always when the "Team" get in tomorrow or nothing can be done its the weekend or its a holiday.

The "Team" need to stay until they fix the problems the create/return to work and fix issues they create.

The 1 positive is that I think we are pretty much at rock bottom here, so hopeful they can only go up from here.

Mark
    I posted in another thread that GG needs to stop hiring short-term interns and hire a full-time development team. There is no continuity, and no accountability if the developer is replaced every couple of months.
  • There seems to be a total lack of ownership of the problems the "Team" create and customer care is in the poor to non existant range.

Mark
    I posted in another thread that GG needs to stop hiring short-term interns and hire a full-time development team. There is no continuity, and no accountability if the developer is replaced every couple of months.

I was going to suggest that maybe they could use a modified version of the infinite monkey's theorem as programmers, but thinking about it, maybe they already are..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infinite_monkey_theorem

Mark
  • janflipflo (GB1)janflipflo (GB1) GB1 Posts: 388
    Who was actually confused ?  I thought most of us farmers were intelligent adults who were able to see how much feed/dung we have :(
  • didah (SKN1)didah (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 1,246
    There's also the fact, that I don't trust GGS a bit anymore...so I do not wanna go check my inventory, every time I harvest or win a prize, to see if I got the right amount - it will be impossible to keep track off !
    Make the font smaller if necessary, or make it up to the single player, what display the want!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file