Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update May 8th - Update Notes in a Bottle ARRRRR!! - Discussion

Have fun discussing the Latest Update here :)

Comments

• Rocky123 (IN1)Rocky123 (IN1) IN1 Posts: 627
    Love the new cowshed appearance  as reward for horse season :) and other avatars too 

Hope CC rewards will be better now :) ( hopefully not like the last one :D
  • farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    edited 07.05.2018
      Love the pirate theme.  :)<3

Post edited by farmerjohn 22 (US1) on
  • We shall see but as usual i dont have a lot of happy thoughts about improvements because i am tired of false hope!
  • We shall see but as usual i dont have a lot of happy thoughts about improvements because i am tired of false hope!
    @EDWINMIT (US1) Go on treat yourself to a smile, even with pot luck they have to get something right sometimes hehe  B)
  • Surya54 (INT1)Surya54 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 507
    Hope the next one would be 'better'
  • Trui (NL1)Trui (NL1) NL1 Posts: 6
    @ wascallywabbit,  there's nothing to smile about on the  Dutch server, only 1 coop are laughing their head off
  • Seeker1 (US1)Seeker1 (US1) US1 Posts: 571

Happy Happy Joy Joy!!!
  • What's the reason for the Calender change?

In another post a MOD has described the the calender as "often incorrect", but why is that? After all you guys set the events, so what makes it so hard to stick to a schedule that you draw up?

It would be nice to be given an explanation of the issues that made this change necessary.

Mark
  • The change from in house calender to google calender seems like a step backwards to me.

We have been told the reason for the changes are:

1.  "Often incorrect" This is how it has been described by a MOD in another post.

2. Avoid time consuming maintenance in order to update the calendar in case of changes.

Hard to understand why it would be "often incorrect". The variables are pretty limited and well known. The number of days in a month, known. The number of hours in a day, all so known. What is making it so hard to stick to a schedule?

We are told "to avoid time consuming maintenance". You're a programming company, get your programmers to fix things so it's just as easy, if not easier to make changes to the in house calender than the google one.

Mark
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    A calendar linked to event times and dates is basic Programming 101. If an event is changed, the calendar automatically is updated. It would seem that either there aren't enough staff to take on the task to write the program, or the one(s) on staff aren't proficient enough to handle the task. 
  • The Drifter (US1)The Drifter (US1) US1 Posts: 243
    I see why they can not get the calender right. They can not even start the CC on time.
  • Xcution (INT1)Xcution (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,183
    edited 08.05.2018
    I think it's best to see what auto system has generate this time because the same system generate 6 times in a row a **** rewards of the same line so its simply not to be took happy  :p players know when there is a good announcement it always kill the player and in every announcement ggs want more gold so 
    Go on and laugh and smile I don't think so  hehe
    Post edited by CuddlyFoxes (FormerMod) on
  • Xcution (INT1)Xcution (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,183
    Just wondering why we have the Shikoku shinjouku event only for the cc where is the normal one go any one know :* that normal guy didn't generate enough money to ggs is that's y he is fired or something like that????? 
  • TMKC (IN1)TMKC (IN1) IN1 Posts: 939
    edited 08.05.2018
    Almost 80% players are curious what will be the rewards of tomorrow CC. They have hopes that something will be better.....

Lets see........

If rewards turn out to be bad..........

Worse case.....if CC does not even start on time and rewards are still bad........ hahahahaha

But i have a feeling things will be better.

P.S : Send 2 for 1 with x600 tokens Hot deal......... i need tokens :smiley:

Almost forgot.......i dont play horse much...just started 3 days ago.....so this new update, i have no idea how good or bad it is :expressionless:

I'll just take @Rocky123 (IN1)  words on it being good as he knows his Big Farm well.
    I personally dont like this new 9999+ thing

How do we know how much sw feed/sw humus/ sw ferti do we spend without exact amount display ?
    It is irritating to go and check inventory everytime and so sometimes may end up overspending

Everything is showing 9999+ :(
  • PCA (GB1)PCA (GB1) GB1 Posts: 839

We received an amount of medals that is not even 25% of what we should have received had the problem not happened

I assume you gave the same amount of medals to every player ?  Those who do not play and those who do, regardless of coop ranking in the village league ?

Excellent job NOT as usual

• taaj277 (IN1)taaj277 (IN1) IN1 Posts: 27
    We need to know the actual barn stock and not some 9999 figure .Why change the good easy viewing display into something to search for.What happened to the chw rewards i know this is not the thread to post this but we are still waiting for the rewards .Please give them before the next chw starts.Good lord ggs wake up from your extremely extended holiday.My favourite mod pickle if you are looking at my post dnt get annoyed.A simple request from a small time player.Hope you understand our rants and whining.Again bless u guys before you announce the cc rewards better make them worthwhile to play .Ty in advance .
    Almost 80% players are curious what will be the rewards of tomorrow CC. They have hopes that something will be better.....

Lets see........

Worse case.....if CC does not even start on time and rewards are still bad........ hahahahaha

the rewards will be random, and will generally be worthless and only once in a while someone will see a valuable reward appear

with this last move GGS will have closed what they started exactly the way they meant it,  and will have removed gold based items while pretending they are still there

there has never been any mistake in this matter either, just deception as in the best tradition of GGS

edited 08.05.2018
    PCA (GB1) said:

Lets see........

the rewards will be random, and will generally be worthless and only once in a while someone will see a valuable reward appear

with this last move GGS will have closed what they started exactly the way they meant it,  and will have removed gold based items while pretending they are still there

there has never been any mistake in this matter either, just deception as in the best tradition of GGS

Then half of the people will just ignore that event n simply keep dong the regular one or two missions per day :)
    and some may also leave :(

So lets wait and see :) hopefully better rewards atleast the bronze and silver MBs in place of those useless chicken feeds and dollar mining licenses
    Better attractive rewards will make the cc competitive .At present i think its a dying event nuthing to look forward.
    edited 08.05.2018
    PCA (GB1) said:

Lets see........

Then half of the people will just ignore that event n simply keep dong the regular one or two missions per day :)
    and some may also leave :(

So lets wait and see :) hopefully better rewards atleast the bronze and silver MBs in place of those useless chicken feeds and dollar mining licenses

rewards have been deleted and replaced with rubbish on purpose, that was my message, regardless of who plays and who doesn't 

• Dont like the idea of going time and again to inventory to see the SW,  Humus and other items stored there.

Instead of changing things it would have been better if GGS would have worked on giving  the pending rewards of last CHWE
    edited 08.05.2018

what is the problem with GGS, little team, likely understaffed, wasting time changing things which work fine, like the 9999 plus inventory items, instead of getting the game out of the  ..... it is in, and fix the bugs

Lately it appears GGS needs to fix their compensation skills as well because its clear they haven't got a clue

• plovers barrow (IN1)plovers barrow (IN1) IN1 Posts: 82
    edited 26.07.2020
    Good to see the new avatars!

At the same time it'll be pleasing to see tomorrow's cc rewards change for good.

We believe we'll get our last chwe rewards tht went missing on friday :smile: And please do some revisions to hot deals too.
    Post edited by plovers barrow (IN1) on
  • Well, I gained no village medals.
  • I personally dont like this new 9999+ thing

How do we know how much sw feed/sw humus/ sw ferti do we spend without exact amount display ?
    It is irritating to go and check inventory everytime and so sometimes may end up overspending

Everything is showing 9999+ :(
    We need to know the actual barn stock and not some 9999 figure .Why change the good easy viewing display into something to search for.What happened to the chw rewards i know this is not the thread to post this but we are still waiting for the rewards .Please give them before the next chw starts.Good lord ggs wake up from your extremely extended holiday.My favourite mod pickle if you are looking at my post dnt get annoyed.A simple request from a small time player.Hope you understand our rants and whining.Again bless u guys before you announce the cc rewards better make them worthwhile to play .Ty in advance .
    Dont like the idea of going time and again to inventory to see the SW,  Humus and other items stored there.

Instead of changing things it would have been better if GGS would have worked on giving  the pending rewards of last CHWE
    @Rocky123 (IN1) @taaj277 (IN1) @FastMunira (IN1) It is only on the ring menu that the full amount does not show & if you have 9,999 that is more than enough to start your stables/orchards.  When you are making regular items in your mills & silos or premium items in your lab, you can still hover your cursor over the picture to see how much you already have, so that you know what to produce. The change was necessary because some players had ring menus looking this, or worse....

PCA (GB1) said:

We received an amount of medals that is not even 25% of what we should have received had the problem not happened

I assume you gave the same amount of medals to every player ?  Those who do not play and those who do, regardless of coop ranking in the village league ?

Excellent job NOT as usual

@PCA (GB1) I hear you, my own were more like 13% :/ We are making inquiries.  
  • sue1 (AU1)sue1 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 193
    We keep hearing how time short the developers are then why bother with this update.  An extremely underwhelming calendar, some decos, a horse season thats already started and if the last dynamic prize list is any indication...well who knows.  Surely you have more important things to do.
  • didah (SKN1)didah (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 1,246
    edited 08.05.2018
    @Rocky123 (IN1) @taaj277 (IN1) @FastMunira (IN1) It is only on the ring menu that the full amount does not show & if you have 9,999 that is more than enough to start your stables/orchards.  When you are making regular items in your mills & silos or premium items in your lab, you can still hover your cursor over the picture to see how much you already have, so that you know what to produce. The change was necessary because some players had ring menus looking this, or worse....

Not to be annoying Wascally, I do appreciate you talking time to answer us here - and I know your influence is limited. :p
    But are you seriously telling me, that the team decided that this change was so much more important, than anything else that needed to be fixed?- all stuff which has bad impact on nearly all players, including yourself?
    - How many percentages of players has this or worse 'Luxery problem'?
    I for one, do not want to go to inventory, to check I still have the products I with one look can see I do.
    IF, its really a problem, then let the players 'click on/off' what view they want - that would have helped everyone!

Hmm....... let the 9999+ go  and the bugs and the cc rewards and the technical problems like the game hanging,logging issues etc its not a big deal but then wat abt the delayed rewards not yet received by us.How many tickets do u guys need and how many days to process the ticket.I know all mods are busy as bees but please take some time to clear the tickets as fast as possible.This is an era of artificial intelligence were things can b moved forward in no time and days are not required to clear the rewards.Ty for the reply wabbit but please take all the above said issues and do something abt them.
    edited 08.05.2018
    Ok Wabbit  :o for your reply about the 9999 thing
    Dont have more than 1 lakh of any feeds .
    So i never faced any problems .
Sign In to comment.