Home EN General Discussions & Questions Tutorials and FAQs

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Construction Tokens (2nd Building Slot)

Comments

• outawac (US1)outawac (US1) US1 Posts: 49
    I've only used the construction slot 3 times now (takes some time for me to collect the coins) and I agree with above post that it's a nice addition to the game even with the hoops you have to go thru.   I've planned ahead and used it for bldgs. that take a long time to upgrade (I don't try to save it and use for the random architect visits).  So far it's working for my style of play.    
  • Marycat (US1)Marycat (US1) US1 Posts: 33
    I'm using my construction slot right now for a duck coop.  When I log in, I get the pop-up that says my construction slot is ready for use.  It shows that I have 57 coins, but there is a duck coop in the window.  It says I can't collect any more tokens until I use the slot.  I didn't get the 15 tokens that I won from the HW event.  Other members of my co-op say the same thing happened to them.  This is a glich, right?

• artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    I'm using my construction slot right now for a duck coop.  When I log in, I get the pop-up that says my construction slot is ready for use.  It shows that I have 57 coins, but there is a duck coop in the window.  It says I can't collect any more tokens until I use the slot.  I didn't get the 15 tokens that I won from the HW event.  Other members of my co-op say the same thing happened to them.  This is a glich, right?

There are two slot tabs. If you click on the "coin." it will show you your second slot. There also is a limit of coins you can collect until you use the slot.
  • ronin7 (INT1)ronin7 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 542
    2nd slot is fantastic!!! I work hard to save up the coins; read in forum that when using the slots when 2nd is available, that 2nd slot is used first.  I planned, used it to clear 2 ground cover on 2 different farms...both ground clearing were 20hours each. Did everything I wanted to do on all farms, got the 2 20hr ground clearings set up & went to bed.  It was fantastic the next morning as was able to use land right away. The 2nd time I got to use the 2nd slot was when I had to level up 2 houses as needed more workers; again worked like a charm & got to have workers readily available for when I had to upgrade my fields.  The architect was NOT needed for anything!!! Looking forward to using it a 3rd time; hoping the architect will be here along with build being available so that upgrades can be done. Thank you, thank you, thank you for 2nd slot & opportunity to save up coins.
  • Its pretty clear that the 2nd slot would suit people a lot better if it could be manually activated instead of this current automatic system, but that's just they way things happen around here.

Look at the introduction of the of the single press - water all trees button. The sales pitch was "You asked for it, so here it is"... oh and it will only cost you 5 gold per tree. These are fun guys, that's the way they roll.

Mark
  • Pameow (AU1)Pameow (AU1) AU1 Posts: 266
    2nd slot is fantastic!!! I work hard to save up the coins; read in forum that when using the slots when 2nd is available, that 2nd slot is used first.  I planned, used it to clear 2 ground cover on 2 different farms...both ground clearing were 20hours each. Did everything I wanted to do on all farms, got the 2 20hr ground clearings set up & went to bed.  It was fantastic the next morning as was able to use land right away. The 2nd time I got to use the 2nd slot was when I had to level up 2 houses as needed more workers; again worked like a charm & got to have workers readily available for when I had to upgrade my fields.  The architect was NOT needed for anything!!! Looking forward to using it a 3rd time; hoping the architect will be here along with build being available so that upgrades can be done. Thank you, thank you, thank you for 2nd slot & opportunity to save up coins.

Well that is lovely for you. Fantastic!!!

If the game mechanic was to activate it only when the player likes and have the tokens stored, not lost when they add up to over 50, the second slot would be lovely for me too. As it is now it is NOT fantastic!!!

I have to wait for the architect to turn up and if he fails to turn up in time, I lose tokens I win. I think that is called "Theft".

• sdstc (TR1)sdstc (TR1) TR1 Posts: 214
    That is unfair! I have twice empty building slot. why does it start with from second (extra one) slot? 
  • That is unfair! I have twice empty building slot. why does it start with from second (extra one) slot? 
    When they announced the new slot here, they explained that the 2nd slot will get used first once you gather 50 coins; that is the maximum amount you can store. Therefore you need to plan carefully, not placing a 6 second deco there instead of a building or plot of land to use the 2nd slot.
  • dchen1 (US1)dchen1 (US1) US1 Posts: 993
    Temporary farm always use the regular slot.  You can build the temporary farm with the regular slot and do architect upgrades for the farm with the coins.  
    Except for those of us who don't do temporary farms. LOL!
  • TMKC (IN1)TMKC (IN1) IN1 Posts: 939
    I dont like temp farms.... :(    waste of dollars.
    edited 05.05.2018
    I dont like temp farms.... :(    waste of dollars.
    I used to love them when they ran a full month, not so many event going on, no fishing region, and we had weeks off in between. Loved the different strategy and different visuals. But now it's "rush, rush, rush" and no fun at all ... at least not for me!
  • Marycat (US1)Marycat (US1) US1 Posts: 33

There are two slot tabs. If you click on the "coin." it will show you your second slot. There also is a limit of coins you can collect until you use the slot.

Yes, I know there are two slots.  I had both in use at the same time.  When my duck coop finished it still showed that I have 57 coins.  I'm sure that's not supposed to happen, but I like it.
  • garybaldy (GB1)garybaldy (GB1) GB1 Posts: 502
    You can always do them at a low level, to make runes/shells for seaweed products, if  you are in a coop with the boat running, that should give plenty of greenhouse seeds . The Candy Farm is the exception, it costs a fortune .
  • ronin7 (INT1)ronin7 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 542
    I don't know what you guys are talking about. When I get over 50 coins whatever I use is deducted from that total & the rest are stored to which more are added whenever I get rewarded more coins so --- 59-50=9 & the 9 coins stays there until the total again reaches 50 (or more) & I can again use the 2nd slot. I don't have to wait for architect to come along to be able to activate or use the 2nd slot, I just use it. I don't care what order it's used in be it first or second, who cares...just that it is there & can be used. Never would I use for deco building if two slots are available...total waste...I use it for major stuff --- be it for 2 houses to get workers or level up building/field/garden etc AND if an architect is needed for leveling up & he's not there, then I wait for him but I don't lose any coins just because he didn't arrive.  The coins just sit there until I am ready and able to use them whenever architect arrives...there is NO automatic usage of 2nd slot what are you guys talking about...I activate/use it when I please ... no lose no automatic.
  • MRG1 (US1)MRG1 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,554
    edited 06.05.2018
    I think mostly the problem happens for players that have all their facilities needing the architect. You can't upgrade anything any further without him, so you wait. Can't build a deco now or you waste it on a 30 second build. But, if you don't use the coins, the surplus that you earn disappears if you log out. 
    edit to add: The coins are also useless to players that are at a lower level who don't need a 2nd slot, because they can't afford or are not high enough to build 2 things at once.
    Post edited by MRG1 (US1) on
    edited 06.05.2018
    I don't know what you guys are talking about. When I get over 50 coins whatever I use is deducted from that total & the rest are stored to which more are added whenever I get rewarded more coins so --- 59-50=9 & the 9 coins stays there until the total again reaches 50 (or more) & I can again use the 2nd slot. I don't have to wait for architect to come along to be able to activate or use the 2nd slot, I just use it. I don't care what order it's used in be it first or second, who cares...just that it is there & can be used. Never would I use for deco building if two slots are available...total waste...I use it for major stuff --- be it for 2 houses to get workers or level up building/field/garden etc AND if an architect is needed for leveling up & he's not there, then I wait for him but I don't lose any coins just because he didn't arrive.  The coins just sit there until I am ready and able to use them whenever architect arrives...there is NO automatic usage of 2nd slot what are you guys talking about...I activate/use it when I please ... no lose no automatic.
    By "automatic," we mean that  when you start a build, the coin slot automatically will be the one chosen, whether you want it to be or not. It makes more sense to use it for a super long build, so if you have short builds, or decos to place, you have to wait, or waste it on a short build, which isn't good for a lot of players.

For higher level farms, the 2nd slot actually can slow you down.
    Post edited by artful (US1) on
    As for additional coins, you can collect more than 50 one time, but after that, no more until you use the slot.  From Cuddly:

"There's a bug that lets you collect construction tokens one more time after you've reached the max amount but it is corrected with a relog. Once you've reached the limit you can't store anymore tokens until you use the 2nd building slot." 
  • I love the extra slot, i can upgrade 2 things now and I always make sure the longer one to upgrade i click on first. It did say to be careful and dont use the extra slot for decos.
    Im sorry farmergray that happened to you. Im guessing now lesson learnt I bet you wont to that again lol.
    I also like the  button we can now use to water everybodies trees. I have been bad for not watering the trees lol.
    Least my co op knows that.

Dotter

• dchen1 (US1)dchen1 (US1) US1 Posts: 993
    You can always do them at a low level, to make runes/shells for seaweed products, if  you are in a coop with the boat running, that should give plenty of greenhouse seeds . The Candy Farm is the exception, it costs a fortune .
    I earned 7 million vouchers just from building the farm.  4 million for making candy and donating to the candy palace.  In all constructions, every 1000 dollars spent gives 680 vouchers.  
  • garybaldy (GB1)garybaldy (GB1) GB1 Posts: 502
    Candy Farm is much worse than all the others, by a factor of 2 or 3 .
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    I earned 7 million vouchers just from building the farm.  4 million for making candy and donating to the candy palace.  In all constructions, every 1000 dollars spent gives 680 vouchers.  
    I'm sure you're right, but I reckon to make 7,000,000 runes/shells spending $7,000,000 on the others.  :¬)
  • 5-10 Man (AU1)5-10 Man (AU1) AU1 Posts: 249

In reading a lot of comments on the forum, it seems quite a few people are confused and not aware of how to use the tokens. My first couple of times I found it confusing and stuffed up once by putting a quick finishing build in the “One Time Slot: Ouch, that hurt. The next time I was prepared. The following is meant as my interpretation of it as I see it and hopefully will allow others to use them too. This is not a cause for debate. There is enough of that...  :) I just hope it is educational for you.

Use the 50 Token One Time Slot wisely and it can be your friend. Prepare in advance. That is, after all, what farming is about. Real farmers don't just wake up one morning and say "today I am going to plant corn". They have to plan everything.

Watch your tokens (inventory box - equipment, and on the slot itself, 2 buttons on side of TV screen) and when getting near 50, have some specific constructions in mind and leave them available. No, you don't have to put everything on hold, but if you know you are close, just build/upgrade short term items so when it happens, you won't be out on a limb with just one item that will run longer than your "One Time Slot". Your patience will be rewarded.

Your tokens come as prizes in the events and scrolling through the prize list will tell you how many may come your way, allowing you to at least guestimate when number 50 may come. If you are in a very active co-op, they can come around very quickly. I have just finished my second run in a little over a week and already have 42/50 for run number 3. That's how fast they came. Now I want a holiday.  ;) 

Whatever your longest available construction is (eg Windmill at say 18 hours), make sure it goes into your One Time Construction Slot. Whilst ever it is running, you can then build/upgrade as many other things as your time and money will allow, in the other (Universal) slot. I usually find all the quickest things to build whilst I am at the PC and then set it for a longer one when I go to bed. More often than not, I can slip in another build when I get up for breakfast. It works even better if you are lucky enough to win a 50% time reducer on building at or about the same time. Be warned though. If that happens, you will spend all day and night in front of your PC...  :)B)

As for the problem with Steve, the Architect, I am only a very low level (47) player and haven't had the pleasure yet to deal with him. I am confident though, that when I do, as Pietral (US1) suggests in another post, "you can wrangle it"...

I agree with the idea of more control over when to activate it, but also see both sides of the coin. If GGS were to allow you to activate it at any time, there are players out there who would no doubt find a way to hold on to this benefit and use it to their advantage in some way or other. It's hard enough as a low level player trying to win missions against gold buyers, but if they can afford it, good luck to them. They give
     free players the opportunity to play the game. That; however, should be their only advantage. Perhaps if anything, they should set a time limit of say 24 hours to activate.

As a matter of interest, NO, I am not an employee of GGS (but I am available and guarantee to do a better job than some others  :)  :)  ) and NO, I am not a moderator, just a friendly farmer offering my 2 cents worth. Enjoy the game folks and look for ways to make the game work better for you.

edited 21.05.2018

I agree with the idea of more control over when to activate it, but also see both sides of the coin. If GGS were to allow you to activate it at any time, there are players out there who would no doubt find a way to hold on to this benefit and use it to their advantage in some way or other. It's hard enough as a low level player trying to win missions against gold buyers, but if they can afford it, good luck to them. They give free players the opportunity to play the game. That; however, should be their only advantage. Perhaps if anything, they should set a time limit of say 24 hours to activate.

Agree with most of your thoughtful and helpful post, but not with this paragraph. There is no real advantage to be gained by a player if they can activate the slot when it's best for them, other than to eliminate extreme frustration. Higher level players do have the advantage over lower level players on all fronts ... I can't see how they could increase any advantage by holding off on a build. Timer's a bad idea, too. I'm a free player, too, but still maintain that we should be able to keep all coins we have earned, and to use the slot when we wish.

It's in the best interests of all players -- regardless of level -- to be able to activate the slot when they need to.
  • SuzyQ22 (US1)SuzyQ22 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,475
    After having been warned that accidentally using these building coins is too easy, and after warning my coop about this issue, I myself also succeeded eventually in losing my building coins on a futile Deco.

With this new building slot, another negative aspect has been added to the game. It feels like GGS is presenting us a cookie with one hand and taking it back with the other. The only way to achieve it is to pay attention all the time. And I don't want all that pressure! I want my game to be relaxing and pleasant, including some hard work which is honestly rewarded.

I really don't want to join the Complainers Club on this Forum, because it's my nature to stay positive, and to flip-think all obstacles that come in my way. But on the other hand.. this time I felt the need to give GGS my feedback.

Please, rethink this feature, f.e. add an additional screen before spending the building coins (like we are asking for the spending gold)... Thank you
    So agree !!
    All they have to do is switch the priority so the game always uses the normal slot if it is available and only uses the coin slot if we try to start a second construction. This would still require attention to avoid wasting coins but would not be such a deliberate trap.
    Except some would prefer to use the coin slot first -- start a long construction, then use the regular slot several times, if possible, while the coin slot is still running. By using the regular slot first, we lose that option.

Better to let us choose when to use the coins -- a simple confirm button is all that is needed.
    Easy way to fix that would be to remove a short rebuild deco, use in the first slot and then use the coin slot for the very long build.  That slot needs to open only when we want it to open, they are stealing from us every which way they can.  Loss of coins and loss of build slot because of accidental use when building a deco.  It is wrong either way you look at it.  It should be our choice and we earned those coins, why are they stealing them from us?
  • chbamb (US1)chbamb (US1) US1 Posts: 29

In reading a lot of comments on the forum, it seems quite a few people are confused and not aware of how to use the tokens. My first couple of times I found it confusing and stuffed up once by putting a quick finishing build in the “One Time Slot: Ouch, that hurt. The next time I was prepared. The following is meant as my interpretation of it as I see it and hopefully will allow others to use them too. This is not a cause for debate. There is enough of that...  :) I just hope it is educational for you.

Use the 50 Token One Time Slot wisely and it can be your friend. Prepare in advance. That is, after all, what farming is about. Real farmers don't just wake up one morning and say "today I am going to plant corn". They have to plan everything.

Watch your tokens (inventory box - equipment, and on the slot itself, 2 buttons on side of TV screen) and when getting near 50, have some specific constructions in mind and leave them available. No, you don't have to put everything on hold, but if you know you are close, just build/upgrade short term items so when it happens, you won't be out on a limb with just one item that will run longer than your "One Time Slot". Your patience will be rewarded.

Your tokens come as prizes in the events and scrolling through the prize list will tell you how many may come your way, allowing you to at least guestimate when number 50 may come. If you are in a very active co-op, they can come around very quickly. I have just finished my second run in a little over a week and already have 42/50 for run number 3. That's how fast they came. Now I want a holiday.  ;) 

Whatever your longest available construction is (eg Windmill at say 18 hours), make sure it goes into your One Time Construction Slot. Whilst ever it is running, you can then build/upgrade as many other things as your time and money will allow, in the other (Universal) slot. I usually find all the quickest things to build whilst I am at the PC and then set it for a longer one when I go to bed. More often than not, I can slip in another build when I get up for breakfast. It works even better if you are lucky enough to win a 50% time reducer on building at or about the same time. Be warned though. If that happens, you will spend all day and night in front of your PC...  :)B)

As for the problem with Steve, the Architect, I am only a very low level (47) player and haven't had the pleasure yet to deal with him. I am confident though, that when I do, as Pietral (US1) suggests in another post, "you can wrangle it"...

I agree with the idea of more control over when to activate it, but also see both sides of the coin. If GGS were to allow you to activate it at any time, there are players out there who would no doubt find a way to hold on to this benefit and use it to their advantage in some way or other. It's hard enough as a low level player trying to win missions against gold buyers, but if they can afford it, good luck to them. They give free players the opportunity to play the game. That; however, should be their only advantage. Perhaps if anything, they should set a time limit of say 24 hours to activate.

As a matter of interest, NO, I am not an employee of GGS (but I am available and guarantee to do a better job than some others  :)  :)  ) and NO, I am not a moderator, just a friendly farmer offering my 2 cents worth. Enjoy the game folks and look for ways to make the game work better for you.

I was able to use Steve for both construction slots - Mermaid bar and Flower Farm house. One of them took 24 hours, the other one 14 hours. Within a few days, I was able to get another 50 coins and I am now upgrading a 33 hour build while upgrading smaller buildings during the day. I love the coins. I can have a long build running in the background and short runs during the day/night. Using the construction coins does take planning and paying attention. 

There is a notice from the game as soon as you have earned 50+ coins. A popup menu box immediately opens informing you that you have the coins and that the very next build will use them. To close the window, you have to click continue. With this particular addition to the game, I think GGS has done their due diligence in giving instruction on how to use it. I still wish we had a build slot for each farm independent of the others (like the garage, you can build there and on your farms) and the construction coins for two builds on one farm. 

Anyway, just my experience and opinion about the feature. 
  • SuzyQ22 (US1)SuzyQ22 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,475
    edited 22.05.2018
    There is only one problem with both of your suggestions above regarding Steve the architect.  If you already have a building going in the construction slot and are earning more coins during an event, what then do you do when you have now gone over the 50 it will hold for you?  I have lost out three times because of this issue, and the issue of Steve just not even being available to use those coins because the original building slot is already being used.  It is plain and simple that GGS has not done their due diligence, because if they had we wouldn't be losing out on that building slot they have so much control over even though we/you earned the coins, and it is "our farms" so to speak.  When you do get to the point of needing Steve, and he isn't available while you watch your hard earned coins vanish away, you will be just as disappointed in this setup as the rest of us are. We need to be able to control construction on our farms with those slots, not GGS.

Update:   And wouldn't you know it, Steve shows up but the original slot is being used and I don't have the coins needed because of the loss due to GGS and their bright idea to take away an earned awarded prize, imagine that!  Shaking my head once again.
    Post edited by SuzyQ22 (US1) on
  • Michaelmn569 (US1)Michaelmn569 (US1) US1 Posts: 250
    edited 25.05.2018
    SAme here. tear down house there gone.
    Another joke from the game. i just laugh my ass off alot for long time..
    Look at edge plants chat also all.
    No wonder they lost 66% of united states players in less then 5 years.
  • hi im got 18 construction token from hard working event but how can use them?
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    The slot will become available once you have 50.
    BEWARE - once it is available it WILL be used for your VERY NEXT construction.  !!
Sign In to comment.