Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Feedback - New WWC Calendar

2»

Comments

•  CuddlyFoxes

Due to previous issues with the WWC calendar we will have a calendar outside of the game for this edition of the WWC. Once the event starts tomorrow you will have a link in game to the calendar.  

I am looking for the link in my game, but I do'nt see him. Is that right?
    I fixed my post now. You can find the link to the calendar here on the forum. There's also a shortened link in the post you can use to send to your cooperative members if you like. :)
  • Maggiltilda (NL1)Maggiltilda (NL1) NL1 Posts: 546
    Thank you Cuddly
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    I hate it.

I am not trying to be difficult here.  I simply would prefer that we keep getting a list with dates like we did before.  

Can we at least get the normal list format in addition to this one, so that those of us who are old-school can go by the printed list?
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    I hate it.

I am not trying to be difficult here.  I simply would prefer that we keep getting a list with dates like we did before.  

Can we at least get the normal list format in addition to this one, so that those of us who are old-school can go by the printed list?
    If it helps Gavin, mine will do that if you go to the Agenda or List views.

Agenda View:

If you hover over the event names, it also shows you the start/end dates.

List View:

It's not perfect, but if it helps it's there.  I prefer the Agenda view myself, although I do print out the entire month calendar as well to keep it for reference.

The Google one will do the Agenda View as well, if you click on "Month" at the top and select "Schedule" in the pull-down list:

Hope you can find something that works for you.

• SuzyQ22 (US1)SuzyQ22 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,475
    edited 02.05.2018
    I don't like the format of the calendar because my eyes can't handle all the different colors on it.  Following just one color across the page, and having to follow it down the page just to get the finish line, is just like running the GGS marathons they already have us running anyway.  Just a simple Word Document Linked within the game, at the top under Options Gear would work fine.

Line 1
    Name of Game           Date From/Time Start-Date To/Time End

Line 2
    Name of Game           Date From/Time Start-Date To/Time End

So simple and easy to follow.  Let's say an Event begins twice in the same month both of those times can be put right above and below each other respective of their start dates/times.  This way it would be easy to see which event you want to join and which one to let go.  Just my thoughts anyway.
    Post edited by SuzyQ22 (US1) on
  • aussie_mark (AU1)aussie_mark (AU1) Posts: 211
    edited 03.05.2018
    Seriously, how hard is it to publish a calender (the in game one) and stick to it.

We use time so we know when to go to work, meet people, attend appointments etc. Its a fairly fundamental and well understood process that we all use in our daily lives.

We are told "we have done away with the old calendar! For those of you who are familiar with it you will also know that it was often incorrect to start with". The whole process is in house, you set the event times, you publish the calender, so how on earth does it end up "often incorrect"

A new calender wont fix whatever internal issues were causing the old calender to be "often incorrect". You need to fix those issues otherwise your new calender will be just as incorrect as your old calender.

Mark
  • NormaHelen (US1)NormaHelen (US1) US1 Posts: 262
    I don't see any hard worker events on the google calendar.
  • CathyD (INT1)CathyD (INT1) INT1 Posts: 958
    There's a HWE May 4-7, FHWE May 13-16, and CHWE May 24-26.   The problem is it is all blue lines and if you scroll across the calendar, they don't line up.

I vote for a printed list like we used to have.  
  • NormaHelen (US1)NormaHelen (US1) US1 Posts: 262
    There's a HWE May 4-7, FHWE May 13-16, and CHWE May 24-26.   The problem is it is all blue lines and if you scroll across the calendar, they don't line up.

I vote for a printed list like we used to have.  
    I decided to just use Southern's calendar. I printed it in list view. It is much easier to follow.
  • PCA (GB1)PCA (GB1) GB1 Posts: 839
    Seriously, how hard is it to publish a calender (the in game one) and stick to it.

We use time so we know when to go to work, meet people, attend appointments etc. Its a fairly fundamental and well understood process that we all use in our daily lives.

We are told "we have done away with the old calendar! For those of you who are familiar with it you will also know that it was often incorrect to start with". The whole process is in house, you set the event times, you publish the calender, so how on earth does it end up "often incorrect"

A new calender wont fix whatever internal issues were causing the old calender to be "often incorrect". You need to fix those issues otherwise your new calender will be just as incorrect as your old calender.

Mark

I totally agree  at @aussie_mark (AU1)

I don't understand this at all. How hard would have been to fix the calendar in game?  The story we have been told is anything but believable, it just looks like more excuses.  If that calendar was wrong how is the new one right ?  

• Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    I looked... I HATE IT!  

WHY are you using GOOGLE???????
    You have your OWN site.  Your OWN servers.... OR this forum linked right from the game.
    WHY do you insist on using OTHER SITES?  Facebook.... google.

This is something I will never again even waste my time looking at.
    Google anything is a pain. 
  • I agree the game's calendar should be in the game.  
  • sue1 (AU1)sue1 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 193
    I really liked the list of events from the mods on the forum.  Its easy to add any posts regarding changes.  Not keen on the calendar at all and don't want to check it for any changes.
  • rsny (US1)rsny (US1) US1 Posts: 2,294
    I'll  keep it simple.

I don't like it.

• gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    I'll keep it simple too.......is the new "automated reward system" also responsible for the calendar debacle? :p
  • Just a simple calendar at the top of our page, linked to correct start/stop times is all that was needed. Simple is best, sometimes.
    Absolutly agree on that, why do simple when they can do compllicated...
  • IceeMimi (US1)IceeMimi (US1) US1 Posts: 137
    Happy with any calendar information no matter what form.

Not happy that the first weeks worth of points are not going to count when I spent many hours working the WWC (MY FAVORITE EVENT) placed 8th in my sector last time and am holding at 8th this time. I worked long and hard to get these points and to find out that some will be taken away and nothing counts before the beginning of the 2nd week is a bothersome bit of information to me. You say it is fair to make it the same across the board. But it really is not fair. Those who worked an honest game with no issues are penalized with points to be removed, not sure what to say for those taking advantage, and sorry for those who started late.

All I know, I set my alarm clock to harvest so I can make a high score. Worked hard figuring out my light areas like fishing and how to up my score in that area. I actually work at this game. I do not buy my way to the top, I have no money to spend on buying gold. I earn my points the good old fashioned way. By actually playing the game.
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    Really ticked off -- worked my tail off the first week.  GGS, when problems happen, they happen. Stop with your "fair" solutions that penalize players. Is it any wonder that we give up trying hard in events? This is the first WWCC I really pushed for, and it will probably be the last.
    edited 08.05.2018
    By the way, I still say we shouldn't have to sign up for Google (very invasive company that has no respect for privacy) just to know what's going on with the game.
  • MRG1 (US1)MRG1 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,554
    I refuse to use a google calendar, and find the one posted in the forum hard to read...Guess I'll just be surprised regarding events. Doesn't really matter anymore, since my first week doesn't even count.
    Could we also just have a list  under "Events Calendar" for May, please? Just a simple typed list like before.

It would help a lot of folks, I think. Thanks!
Sign In to comment.