Home Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Feedback - New WWC Calendar

2»

Comments

•  CuddlyFoxes

Due to previous issues with the WWC calendar we will have a calendar outside of the game for this edition of the WWC. Once the event starts tomorrow you will have a link in game to the calendar.  

I am looking for the link in my game, but I do'nt see him. Is that right?
    I fixed my post now. You can find the link to the calendar here on the forum. There's also a shortened link in the post you can use to send to your cooperative members if you like. :)
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    I hate it.

I am not trying to be difficult here.  I simply would prefer that we keep getting a list with dates like we did before.  

Can we at least get the normal list format in addition to this one, so that those of us who are old-school can go by the printed list?
    If it helps Gavin, mine will do that if you go to the Agenda or List views.

Agenda View:

If you hover over the event names, it also shows you the start/end dates.

List View:

It's not perfect, but if it helps it's there.  I prefer the Agenda view myself, although I do print out the entire month calendar as well to keep it for reference.

The Google one will do the Agenda View as well, if you click on "Month" at the top and select "Schedule" in the pull-down list:

Hope you can find something that works for you.

Success Team is an active, friendly co-op looking for daily adult players. Click here if interested or apply in game today! :)
  • SuzyQ22 (US1)SuzyQ22 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,472
    edited 02.05.2018
    I don't like the format of the calendar because my eyes can't handle all the different colors on it.  Following just one color across the page, and having to follow it down the page just to get the finish line, is just like running the GGS marathons they already have us running anyway.  Just a simple Word Document Linked within the game, at the top under Options Gear would work fine.

Line 1
    Name of Game           Date From/Time Start-Date To/Time End

Line 2
    Name of Game           Date From/Time Start-Date To/Time End

So simple and easy to follow.  Let's say an Event begins twice in the same month both of those times can be put right above and below each other respective of their start dates/times.  This way it would be easy to see which event you want to join and which one to let go.  Just my thoughts anyway.
    Post edited by SuzyQ22 (US1) on

• NormaHelen (US1)NormaHelen (US1) US1 Posts: 259
    I don't see any hard worker events on the google calendar.
  • CathyD (INT1)CathyD (INT1) INT1 Posts: 958
    There's a HWE May 4-7, FHWE May 13-16, and CHWE May 24-26.   The problem is it is all blue lines and if you scroll across the calendar, they don't line up.

I vote for a printed list like we used to have.  
  • NormaHelen (US1)NormaHelen (US1) US1 Posts: 259
    There's a HWE May 4-7, FHWE May 13-16, and CHWE May 24-26.   The problem is it is all blue lines and if you scroll across the calendar, they don't line up.

I vote for a printed list like we used to have.  
    I decided to just use Southern's calendar. I printed it in list view. It is much easier to follow.
  • PCA (GB1)PCA (GB1) GB1 Posts: 839
    Seriously, how hard is it to publish a calender (the in game one) and stick to it.

We use time so we know when to go to work, meet people, attend appointments etc. Its a fairly fundamental and well understood process that we all use in our daily lives.

We are told "we have done away with the old calendar! For those of you who are familiar with it you will also know that it was often incorrect to start with". The whole process is in house, you set the event times, you publish the calender, so how on earth does it end up "often incorrect"

A new calender wont fix whatever internal issues were causing the old calender to be "often incorrect". You need to fix those issues otherwise your new calender will be just as incorrect as your old calender.

Mark

I totally agree  at @aussie_mark (AU1)

I don't understand this at all. How hard would have been to fix the calendar in game?  The story we have been told is anything but believable, it just looks like more excuses.  If that calendar was wrong how is the new one right ?  

• I agree the game's calendar should be in the game.  
    DxrxbillingGame @ us 1
  • sue1 (AU1)sue1 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 190
    I really liked the list of events from the mods on the forum.  Its easy to add any posts regarding changes.  Not keen on the calendar at all and don't want to check it for any changes.
  • Just a simple calendar at the top of our page, linked to correct start/stop times is all that was needed. Simple is best, sometimes.
    Absolutly agree on that, why do simple when they can do compllicated...
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,514
    Really ticked off -- worked my tail off the first week.  GGS, when problems happen, they happen. Stop with your "fair" solutions that penalize players. Is it any wonder that we give up trying hard in events? This is the first WWCC I really pushed for, and it will probably be the last.

Hate coops but missing out on the benefits?  Check out "Hearts of Gold," the non-coop coop -- we leave you alone to farm your way.  No donations or group participation required.

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/158239/just-want-to-be-left-alone-to-farm-in-peace-us1-hearts-of-gold

• MRG1 (US1)MRG1 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,553
    I refuse to use a google calendar, and find the one posted in the forum hard to read...Guess I'll just be surprised regarding events. Doesn't really matter anymore, since my first week doesn't even count.
    MRG1  (US1)
    Former avid player... and long-time Outlander fanatic

Sign In to comment.