Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Fabulous CC Rewards continue !!!

13»

Comments

• I just can't express how excited our co-op was to earn that 30 water for prize number 81. It took 10,000,000 points to get there, but it was soooo worth it.  That randomness is money!
  • I don't think they got the memo that fish pellets not only are worthless because they are cheap, quick, and easy to make, but also because all those extra pellets make it hard for players to produce more when needed for a mission.

I don't think anybody there has RL experience on how the game actually works, and how one thing thrown at us can throw a lot of other things completely off kilter.
    @artful (US1)  That was indeed passed on, along with several other specific items that had constructive feedback, saying why they were bad rewards. Any changes to the CC rewards would need an update to be run, so if there has been no update since the event was last run, you will know that the rewards are still the same.

Shay1968 (US1) said:
    They want our feedback but can't seem to give us feedback when asked a specific question to better understand this new reward system.
    @Shay1968 (US1) We do understand how it looks that way, but there are different systems involved. We need your feedback, especially about specific rewards, to pass on to the programmers & balancers. Whereas the questions that you ask are a different issue - Some are straightforward & just need a mod to ask & post the answer, but when you are asking for an official statement to explain something, that requires getting the statement, then sometimes having it translated, if multiple communities are asking for it, because it causes all sorts of dramas if one Community gets a response before another. There is a response coming about the rewards, to try to clarify the last one & we hoped it would be posted on Friday, before the current CC started, but its looking like it will be Monday now.
    @WascallyWabbit why would an update need to be run to change the rewards? I thought it was a random generator that was put in place for that very reason, as outlined my mr hunter....

and if an update needed to be run, why on earth havent they? they're learning nothing by just letting the same rubbish rewards run and run - they may as well have left in the original rewards if that was the case

none of this fits any logical thought

it just looks like what it looks like - ggs decided at some point to decrease the value of hw rewards and have done so across the board from low to high

and if what the team are seeking is a REASON why certain items are viewed as rubbish, please let us know, im sure we'll all make a list quite easily

however that seems unlikely cos if the generator was random or the team really didnt know the value of items before putting them in/taking them out, please answer me this - why have ALL the hw rewards been devalued

if it was random or the team didnt truly know the value of rewards in the first place, then they wouldnt have been devalued across the board, quite the contrary, probability factors would suggest some very good rewards would have cropped up, but no, gmls have been hammered in the hws (just one very obvious example), are you telling me that's just chance?

this has all the hallmarks of the typical ggs tactic we're all familiar with - introduce something unpopular, let them blow off steam, say we're looking into it and testing etc, do nothing but let the change just sit there....

.... until the masses see it as the norm and storm in a teacup over, the 'change' is now the norm and as always, doesnt favour the player but is another route to try and provoke/encourage gold spending
    Nail on head Crow
  • dchen1 (US1)dchen1 (US1) US1 Posts: 993
    edited 24.04.2018
    I don't think they got the memo that fish pellets not only are worthless because they are cheap, quick, and easy to make, but also because all those extra pellets make it hard for players to produce more when needed for a mission.

I don't think anybody there has RL experience on how the game actually works, and how one thing thrown at us can throw a lot of other things completely off kilter.
    @artful (US1)  That was indeed passed on, along with several other specific items that had constructive feedback, saying why they were bad rewards. Any changes to the CC rewards would need an update to be run, so if there has been no update since the event was last run, you will know that the rewards are still the same.

Shay1968 (US1) said:
    They want our feedback but can't seem to give us feedback when asked a specific question to better understand this new reward system.
    @Shay1968 (US1) We do understand how it looks that way, but there are different systems involved. We need your feedback, especially about specific rewards, to pass on to the programmers & balancers. Whereas the questions that you ask are a different issue - Some are straightforward & just need a mod to ask & post the answer, but when you are asking for an official statement to explain something, that requires getting the statement, then sometimes having it translated, if multiple communities are asking for it, because it causes all sorts of dramas if one Community gets a response before another. There is a response coming about the rewards, to try to clarify the last one & we hoped it would be posted on Friday, before the current CC started, but its looking like it will be Monday now.
    I think wet pig feed and cow silage should be removed.  
    Regular greenhouse seeds should be removed unless we get a second or third greenhouse to plant multiple seeds at a time.  
    Regular mining licenses should either be removed from the game or make them scale by level up.  
    Main farm special seeds should only be in the first few prizes.  Water should be for lower prizes.  Special seeds for gourmet and flower farm for middle to higher prizes.  
    Laboratory catalyzers should be a very high reward or make the lab upgrade costs 10 times less.  

Regular feed needs to be replaced by premium feed.  
    Premium feed and fertilizer for first few prizes, Super feed and fertilizer for middle prizes, seaweed items for the higher prizes.  Higher league has more seaweed and less premium feed.  

Gold rewards if developers dont plan on adding building materials to get handbooks, water tower, workshop, higher barn capacity(spacious barn), nursery, doghouse and greenhouse.  
    For Rookie, Bronze, Silver, Gold,
    Add 30, 50, 100, 200 gold for 25th prize, 50, 100, 200, 500 gold for 50th prize, 1, 2, 3, 4 goldflower seeds for 100th prize.  
  • Rocky123 (IN1)Rocky123 (IN1) IN1 Posts: 627
    CM_Hunter said:
    @Rocky123 (IN1), sorry it was late ;)

The new reward system is one that takes effect only after an update and it was never intended to suggest that the rewards would be different every single time an event ran. I would like to personally apologise if previously it was expected that rewards would be different each time as this is not the case, an update is still necessary for a change in the game. The system itself is much faster at *building* a list of rewards but an update is still required. The system has some rules that it follows to fill the spaces in a way that provides more worthy rewards the further you get in the event (with a certain margin of error and a small touch of random selection), but it is not setup specifically to remove valuable or well-liked rewards as has been suggested by some. Initially there were items included in the list that upset quite a few of you, but the feedback you guys have been giving adds more rules to the tool and also some hard coded spots for certain items to ensure they are in the list. The tool tries to provide cohesion between the effort and value of the rewards, and as explained below this sometimes does not always match between players or necessarily match the actual value of the item in the game. This is not always the case though, and in cases where items do look very out of place we have tried to ensure that doesn’t happen. These changes will come in with the next scheduled update we have to the game.

Your feedback has been extremely valuable, but in some cases the feedback can be subjective or personal, and so a reward you do not particularly like might be enjoyed by many others. We will try our best to fit your feedback in with future updates but it is also the case that we cannot include all feedback. You may not want or need every reward in the line of rewards but the tool now has more information to work with thanks to you. We have included many of your points handed to us, especially in cases where it seems like many players across servers share the same opinion. We also have some other thoughts being considered for the future to make the rewards more appealing for each of you and are still taking feedback from your posts and suggestions. It has been helpful for us to know what you guys value and use in the game. The current changes were put in place as a time and effort saving measure to allow the team to focus on other topics that are important to you. Of course setting up the system takes time, but once it is ready we will save countless man hours down the line.
    Thanks for the announcement @CM_Hunter .
    Hope to see some positive changes in rewards in future . 
    Please give priority to this thing and do update for change in rewards as soon as possible . 
    Enough feedback has been given i guess by players regarding what prizes could be changed :)
  • PCA (GB1)PCA (GB1) GB1 Posts: 839
    edited 24.04.2018
    @CM_Hunter,  I do appreciate the time you take to try and update us about issues with the game to try and make sense of something that the players are having a hard time with, for example the sudden change in CC and CHWE rewards.

However there seems to be a discrepancy as to what you had told us and further explanation would be great.

You said it is a new random generated prize system so we can have a variety of prizes each time we play the event.  However, for the past 3 CCs it has not been random, it has been the EXACT same low valued prizes each time.  Can we please get a better understanding of this new random prize system? 

Players are certainly not happy with the new randomly created prize system because of the current lack of randomness  :D as well as receiving low valued, unneeded prizes 3 CCs in a row;  this also certainly shows in the CCs.  I must now wait much longer for the system to find missions because not as many are playing it seems; before missions popped up almost instantaneously but now I must wait almost the full 5 minutes. I have also noticed I no longer have to use seaweed or gold to win missions and while this part is a GOOD thing, the prizes still do not prompt effort or any type of enthusiasm to even participate in the CCs even if I am not using gold or seaweed.

Thanks for any feedback you can provide. 
    @CM_Hunter  Apparently my question has been missed, so I will ask again.  Can you please explain this new "randomly generated prize system" because after the past 3 CCs we can see there seems to be NO randomness to the "randomly generated prize system" considering the prizes have been exactly the same. 

Again, thanks for any feedback you can provide. 

Other relevant questions for @CM_Hunter would be if he can explain who has prepared the list of items that should be randomly selected for CC, if this person who prepared the list has any knowledge at all of the game, and who instructed him / her to substitute valuable items with valueless ones

Of course answers to the above questions would be much appreciated

• Xcution (INT1)Xcution (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,183
    CM_Hunter said:
    @Rocky123 (IN1), sorry it was late ;)

The new reward system is one that takes effect only after an update and it was never intended to suggest that the rewards would be different every single time an event ran. I would like to personally apologise if previously it was expected that rewards would be different each time as this is not the case, an update is still necessary for a change in the game. The system itself is much faster at *building* a list of rewards but an update is still required. The system has some rules that it follows to fill the spaces in a way that provides more worthy rewards the further you get in the event (with a certain margin of error and a small touch of random selection), but it is not setup specifically to remove valuable or well-liked rewards as has been suggested by some. Initially there were items included in the list that upset quite a few of you, but the feedback you guys have been giving adds more rules to the tool and also some hard coded spots for certain items to ensure they are in the list. The tool tries to provide cohesion between the effort and value of the rewards, and as explained below this sometimes does not always match between players or necessarily match the actual value of the item in the game. This is not always the case though, and in cases where items do look very out of place we have tried to ensure that doesn’t happen. These changes will come in with the next scheduled update we have to the game.

Your feedback has been extremely valuable, but in some cases the feedback can be subjective or personal, and so a reward you do not particularly like might be enjoyed by many others. We will try our best to fit your feedback in with future updates but it is also the case that we cannot include all feedback. You may not want or need every reward in the line of rewards but the tool now has more information to work with thanks to you. We have included many of your points handed to us, especially in cases where it seems like many players across servers share the same opinion. We also have some other thoughts being considered for the future to make the rewards more appealing for each of you and are still taking feedback from your posts and suggestions. It has been helpful for us to know what you guys value and use in the game. The current changes were put in place as a time and effort saving measure to allow the team to focus on other topics that are important to you. Of course setting up the system takes time, but once it is ready we will save countless man hours down the line.
    Simple brave soul didn't done his homework before posting some bold news again
  • MRG1 (US1)MRG1 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,554
    I just wanted to say that I have enjoyed this CC immensely! (since I didn't participate in it due to the rotten rewards) 
  • JustMe (US1)JustMe (US1) US1 Posts: 491
    CM_Hunter said:

The new reward system is one that takes effect only after an update and it was never intended to suggest that the rewards would be different every single time an event ran. I would like to personally apologise if previously it was expected that rewards would be different each time as this is not the case, an update is still necessary for a change in the game. 
    It was indeed suggested that the rewards would be different every single time an event ran by the following statement in an earlier post of yours:
    The new system allows for us to have events with rotating rewards, making them more dynamic and unique every time they are played with a different set of rewards each time

If it had been just myself perceiving your statement as the rewards would be "more dynamic and unique every time they are played with a different set of rewards each time"  then I would have no problem accepting your current statement.   However, I read this statement over and over and cannot seem to perceive anything different from it.  I am not sure how anyone could possibly perceive the statement any differently, especially with statements such as "more dynamic and unique every time they are played" and "with a different set of rewards each time".   So of course we "EXPECTED that rewards would be different each time".

I really think GGS needs to stop burying themselves further with contradictory statements and at the very least put the prizes back to the way they were until they can figure out their 'new automated system'.

well said, worth repeating and waiting for a response which actually contains some logic and forethought.

Most of us are experienced adults on the game and in the forum - don't try and hand us a lolly and shoo us behind a door hoping we accept mindlessly any GGS answer (most of which GGS should be embarrassed to admit) or that we just not continue to express our dissatisfaction and frustration.

• gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    How does taking away gold and seaweed rewards and replacing them junk make a gameplaying experience "dynamic"? This word has been thrown around a lot in the last few posts and the more I see it the more I think the poster can't grasp the concept or the meaning of the word "dynamic". Running a marathon where the end prize changes from 20,000 dollars to 50,000 dollars IS "dynamic"......running that same marathon where the reward changes from money back to a burger, or fries, or a glass of water, a used movie ticket etc etc is NOT dynamic, its BS!

If requirements in events are more difficult the end prizes should be improved (MORE gold, MORE seaweed) not downgraded to junk we can make on our farms in minutes. If some players weren't so obsessed with ranks the solution would be simple, DO NOT buy or use gold in coop events like the CC's and hardworkers until prizes match effort again.
  • sue1 (AU1)sue1 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 193
    yes a straight answer would be good please.  Much shorter and to the point with some answers included.

• Xcution (INT1)Xcution (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,183
    yes a straight answer would be good please.  Much shorter and to the point with some answers included.

U want ans lol u are talking to dead ones no one is listening seeing or anything
    Oh yeah 
  • lol There is no innocence here. I'd like an explanation why the 10 hour booster button magically appears under the 1 hour button. And that little delay after you click the 1 hour booster? Surely it is not programmed that way to cause people to hit the button again and throw gold or cash at the 10 hour one unintentionally??? Just another juke built into this game to trick people into wasting gold. Their business model in a nutshell.
  • Shay1968 (US1)Shay1968 (US1) Posts: 1,324
    lol There is no innocence here. I'd like an explanation why the 10 hour booster button magically appears under the 1 hour button. And that little delay after you click the 1 hour booster? Surely it is not programmed that way to cause people to hit the button again and throw gold or cash at the 10 hour one unintentionally??? Just another juke built into this game to trick people into wasting gold. Their business model in a nutshell.
    Too many times I hit the button a second time because of the long delay and ended up buying an extra 10 hours I did not want or need.  I really do see your point here.  I have often asked myself if this is intentional. Now I just don't buy any boosters, at least not for the past 4 CCs.
  • i used to be online 24/7 but now i just close my game very often and am thinking about qutting it in all
    balance and prizes were fine no need for changes 
    and instead of changing them back they gives us more gold traps now they want gold for watering trees ... not1 feature can be implemented to enhance gameplay ... no it has to be about GRABBING gold 
    there are 100s if not 1000s of farming games out there soo notthing special about this game
    i wil just be on the lookout for something new 
    i have seen this happen to KOC from kabam aswell 100's of maps full of active players changed to now only a pittifull 3 maps also deu to such greediness not listening to their community etc 
    i wont be sitting around for it as it only frustrates me .. i just wanna have fun and this isnt it 
  • Simply underwhelmed with the new and improved prize lineup.  I'm usually opening mystery boxes of all kinds, including bronze and silver full of seaweed items and tokens by now.  A regular mining license, feed and fertilizers that I can make myself every day?  Not even worth it to show up for Coop Challenges.  :-(
    I do wish something can be explained for the pathetic prizes, it really is bad when all u have too look forward to is opening a pile of boxes and have a pile of slop too show and no help at all!
  • CM_Hunter wrote: "The new system allows us to be more dynamic and you guys to get a more varied mix of rewards. In the past we have been unable to change rewards in a dynamic way and each time we did change the rewards it would be a days long task. "
    Then - Don't change it!
    And - you are saying that the new system is implemented to make the game more flexible. How come then that we have been waiting for - how many weeks to have it corrected?
    I - and many with me are refusing to buy gold as long as this crap is going on, as redusing income is the only way to get attention. 
    I am also sorry that our community manager is not a player him/herself. If he/she was, us telling her/him this would not have been 
    necessary.

• Using the word "dynamic" over & over does not fool us into thinking that we are getting a good deal. It is insulting. I am no longer in a coop so my words & opinions will no longer ever cause them any bother or stress.......... so here goes.

Bottom line.........the new prizes stink & everyone knows it including GGS. Where did the silver & bronze mystery boxes go?? I can't remember the last time I had any goldflower seeds. How about seaweed feed??? That seems to have been abra cadabraed into thin air. And GMLs......forget it. Cow feed???? Are you kidding me?? I can produce that in massive quantities on my own. Fertilizer??? This is not categorized as a prize. Fertilizer is easily attainable by most farms. It is a blasphemous attempt by GGS to pacify us with dynamic crap.

The dynamic dung is getting deep around here.........
  • JustMe (US1)JustMe (US1) US1 Posts: 491
    I think CM_hunter has incorrectly used the word "dynamic"

Perhaps he is unclear of its meaning. Per his explanation we players "assumed" he meant fluid, on-the-fly randomness of reward commensurate with achievement of next higher levels meant to positively "reward" the player (hence the words "prize" and "reward") key word being "positive" and universally understood meaning of "reward" and "prize"

Einstein
     had a theory about this :

:wink:

Taking this statement literally though implies just as many negatives as it does positives.

Thus it appears the dev team has decided to influence the game for those that choose to participate in the challenges with a negative reward system and we are left with

of 

I still see the same "rewards" in the CC.......is the excuse still a malfunctioning automated reward system? There's nothing random about the new system, it is generating consistent crap rewards and while many players sit around waiting and wondering where their rewards for Coop hardworker and wheel went it seems GGS is only interested in rolling out yet another CC!
  • Tinzen (SKN1)Tinzen (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 473
    I still see the same "rewards" in the CC.......is the excuse still a malfunctioning automated reward system? There's nothing random about the new system, it is generating consistent crap rewards and while many players sit around waiting and wondering where their rewards for Coop hardworker and wheel went it seems GGS is only interested in rolling out yet another CC!
    There have - to my poor knowlegde - not been an update, as it requires per the mods repetly has said...So thats why the same "crap" rewards is stil in
  • Shay1968 (US1)Shay1968 (US1) Posts: 1,324
    There have - to my poor knowlegde - not been an update, as it requires per the mods repetly has said...So thats why the same "crap" rewards is stil in
    They can shut the game down in an instant and do an update to fix something that is actually benefiting the players but they will not shut down to do an update to resolve the issue of the crappy prizes for the players.  It is now 4 CCs we have endured with these crappy prizes.  Will we get compensation? - Of course not!  With the run- around, bogus explanations we have been given, it tells me it was indeed intentional.  If I am wrong and it is not intentional, GGS would give compensation for these horrible prizes. However, it is obvious that GGS is trying to deplete our inventory as well as our cash. The greedier GGS gets, the more reserved I get. 
    Are we even getting compensation for the coop hardworker and wheel malfunctions? No ones saying anything about it. This is a 24 hour time reduction booster i'm missing out on, not impressed guys!
  • Rocky123 (IN1)Rocky123 (IN1) IN1 Posts: 627
    Where are the CHWE rewards for the 3 servers yet :( ?
    CC was given to us without us asking for it lol :( but CHWE rewards not yet given ;(

Please remind the team @Mods :(
  • Coöp Be Happy from the netherlands 

no coöp appleyard no half time!!!!! How long must we wait???
    its absurd

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file