Home EN General Discussions & Questions Tutorials and FAQs

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Construction Tokens (2nd Building Slot)

Comments

• farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    Had 51 in my inventory when I logged on this morning.  Stayed at 51 until our coop won 9 more. This put me at 60. Logged out, logged back on -- still 60.

A half hour later, the total goes back to 51 as I am playing. What happened, do you suppose, and has this happened to anyone else?
    @a@"artful (US1)"  I've not heard any reports of construction coins lost, only misspent, artful.  B)
    I am getting tired of this pop-up every time I login though.  :(

• artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    I know, right? And you can't spend 9 coins, can you? Pop-up confirmed 51 coins this morning. Pop-up confirmed 60 after we won 9 (and I logged back in). Got bumped off, and suddenly it's back to 51. Good grief!
  • Surya54 (INT1)Surya54 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 507
    Yeah, I got this pop-up every time I login and 'warn' if I MUST use one-time construction slot to obtain another token. Wonder if the cap for it would be removed and/or use leftover tokens to skip construction process.
  • Had 51 in my inventory when I logged on this morning.  Stayed at 51 until our coop won 9 more. This put me at 60. Logged out, logged back on -- still 60.

A half hour later, the total goes back to 51 as I am playing. What happened, do you suppose, and has this happened to anyone else?
    Hey @artful (US1) There's a bug that lets you collect construction tokens one more time after you've reached the max amount but it is corrected with a relog. Once you've reached the limit you can't store anymore tokens until you use the 2nd building slot.
    Had 51 in my inventory when I logged on this morning.  Stayed at 51 until our coop won 9 more. This put me at 60. Logged out, logged back on -- still 60.

Hey @artful (US1) There's a bug that lets you collect construction tokens one more time after you've reached the max amount but it is corrected with a relog. Once you've reached the limit you can't store anymore tokens until you use the 2nd building slot.
    Okay, that would make sense as to what happened. So, I guess my coop can stop playing the CC now, huh? :)

Thanks, CF!
  • Okay, that would make sense as to what happened. So, I guess my coop can stop playing the CC now, huh? :)

Since you have them, why don't you just use them? I wouldn't let them go to waste. Spend them on a cherry/apple orchard or fences/gates. You still have stuff to upgrade :)

Also... what happened to your farms? Are you redecorating or something? That's a lot of empty space (just curious).
    edited 13.04.2018
    Okay, that would make sense as to what happened. So, I guess my coop can stop playing the CC now, huh? :)

Since you have them, why don't you just use them? I wouldn't let them go to waste. Spend them on a cherry/apple orchard or fences/gates. You still have stuff to upgrade :)

Also... what happened to your farms? Are you redecorating or something? That's a lot of empty space (just curious).
    1-I don't have the overage in coins anymore. GGS giveth, and GGS taketh away. I didn't want to start a build until Steve showed up. I have two very long architect-needed builds which I would like to do concurrently, so waiting for Steve I am. (And hope I don't plop down a deco by mistake!)

2-As for the empty space, I need workers to do anything more, and I'm trying to see how few houses I can get by with. Several players have mentioned that they wish they hadn't filled up their farms with so many houses at first. (Again, Steve is needed for upgrades.) Plus, I don't want to start other upgrades in the event he shows up. Once he's left, I start those kinds of projects.

While I'm waiting for Steve, money is accumulating, so I buy land. This works out well or me -- when I need land, I'll already have it. And it gives me space to move things around or add decos and enjoy low production costs as long as I can.  I'm in no rush to fill up the space just because I have it. :)
    Post edited by artful (US1) on
  • woodenskull (US1)woodenskull (US1) US1 Posts: 158
    edited 02.05.2018

I just received this great offer to buy 50 construction tokens for 9,000 gold !

That's just enough to buy an extra one time only construction slot.

Or maybe I'll just hit the skip with gold button for 1,466 gold and start another building construction. Hmmm, what to do ?

Post edited by WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) on
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    It just shows one of two things.........a lack of intelligence on GGS part to do simple calculations or a lack of respect towards its customers because they assume we are too dumb to figure out there's no value in this offer....which is it?
  • dchen1 (US1)dchen1 (US1) US1 Posts: 993
    1 gold skips 30 seconds of construction, but it costs 9000 gold for 50 tokens.  It would only break even if both your constructions are 75 hours long.  
  • HappyEd1 (US1)HappyEd1 (US1) US1 Posts: 36
    It just shows one of two things.........a lack of intelligence on GGS part to do simple calculations or a lack of respect towards its customers because they assume we are too dumb to figure out there's no value in this offer....which is it?
    If I could lend my vote? Mayhaps it is both?  LOL
  • "Favorite Offers" of whom?? Always wondered where these Favorites are from.....
  • Lesley52 (GB1)Lesley52 (GB1) Posts: 1,590
    edited 26.04.2018
    Well we all knew that it wouldn't be long after their introduction that GGS would sell the tokens for gold 9000 for the 50 needed for that extra building slot a big  NO thanks from me Oh just seen Steve is here What a nice coincidence Now  I have a 2 for  1 offer so I can buy the 9000 gold  and get 9000 gold free These happy coincidences keep a coming 

Post edited by Lesley52 (GB1) on
  • Xcution (INT1)Xcution (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,183
    Well we all knew that it wouldn't be long after their introduction that GGS would sell the tokens for gold 9000 for the 50 needed for that extra building slot a big  NO thanks from me Oh just seen Steve is here What a nice coincidence 

Don't buy thoes skip the building cost less 
  • Lesley52 (GB1)Lesley52 (GB1) Posts: 1,590
    the tokens are to upgrade 2 buildings at the same time + with Steve been around someone will buy them it maybe cheaper with these long upgrades 
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    edited 26.04.2018
    the tokens are to upgrade 2 buildings at the same time + with Steve been around someone will buy them it maybe cheaper with these long upgrades 
    The point is that 50 tokens cost 9,000 gold, and that 9,000 gold is the equivalent of 75 HOURS of build time.

Unless you're building something that takes longer than 75 Hours, it's cheaper to start an upgrade, SKIP it (using gold), then start ANOTHER upgrade - so you can still get 2 (or MORE) upgrades using Steve at a price MUCH cheaper than 9,000 gold.

I.E., Let's say that upgrading a house from level 7 to level 8 takes 10 hours. 10 hours costs 1,200 gold to skip. You could upgrade *7 houses* using 8,400 gold for LESS then the cost of the 50 coins to unlock the 2nd slot just to build *1* house.

The "cost" of these coins is greatly out of whack.

*MAYBE* if I just needed 1 or 2 coins (180 gold each), I might consider buying them if I really wanted to upgrade 2 things using Steve, and the cost of the (1 or 2) coins was cheaper than skipping an upgrade.. But even that's a big "Maybe".
  • pizgirl (US1)pizgirl (US1) US1 Posts: 1
    Now that my building slot is unlocked I need to know how it works.
  • Xcution (INT1)Xcution (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,183
    Just upgrade something big 
    I wait until Steve is here. Then I start a long Steve upgrade with it, and use the regular slot for another long upgrade, if I have one, or a shorter one. The main thing is not to place a deco as that also uses the coins up.
  • Be warned!! You all work hard to get the extra construction slot 50 tokens to open it. Once the 50 tokens has been accumulated the extra construction slot is used NO MATTER WHAT THE PLAYER SELECTS!!! I earned the extra construction slot and I wanted to use it on a 10-12 hour construction build. I had a 12 second decoration I wanted to put on one of my farms, and I selected the normal main construction slot for that build to save my extra construction slot. The game automatically used the extra construction slot for this 12 second build. I was pissed and sent a message to GGS. They don't care!! They point to some forum post that many of us missed, which says the extra construction slot will be used IMMEDIATELY after it is open with enough tokens. You can get tricked because you have two selection "buttons" on the farm, which gives the illusion you can select the construction slot you want to use yourself. You can't. GGS refused to reinstate my extra construction slot when I explained what happened. To me this is a BIG RIP OFF!! I hope this helps other avoid the same fate. GGS - You really made a big error when you developed that extra construction slot in this manner!! 
  • CathyD (INT1)CathyD (INT1) INT1 Posts: 958
    If you read the main announcement about the 2nd build slot feature, it is there, loud and clear, that once you have accumulated 50 tokens the temporary build slot will be used FIRST.  You are not being "tricked" it is how it is meant to function.

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/175292/update-mar-26th-new-rewards-extended-downtime-completed-march-21st#latest

I think the second building slot is excellent!
  • Cathy, you can go back to reading your warranty and insurance policies fine print now. For the rest of us normal players who don't read every fine print, my comments still stand!!
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    @FarmerGray (US1), does no-one in your co-op read the forum and pass the info around ? This was not fine print, it was the shelf edge label !!  You made an assumption.
  • RobAnybody (US1)RobAnybody (US1) US1 Posts: 176
    Sorry you had to find out about the 2nd construction slot the hard way FarmerGray. You are not alone. That being said CathyD is right. it was posted well in advance of release. In fact just the announcement that we were getting it  got so much hate, I made sure I knew how to use it before it came out. And just like everything else the strategy on using it depends on your level. I'm still pretty low so I don't always need the architect like the higher levels do but I still use it to great advantage. I love having the 2nd build option
  • CathyD (INT1)CathyD (INT1) INT1 Posts: 958
    edited 04.05.2018
    It wasn't fine print.  If you don't read anything else on this forum, read the announcements.  It's your own fault you didn't know how it works.
  • SuzyQ22 (US1)SuzyQ22 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,475
    edited 04.05.2018
    Just wait until you earn those 50 slot coins and the other slot is already in use and architect isn't here for you to use that extra coin slot.  Then you earn more slot coins and it doesn't save them for you because you are at your limit.  I have lost out three times because of this.  That is what I call a rip off when I fair and square collect those slot coins and they don't give them to me. 

That is a "RIP OFF GGS".
  • aussie_mark (AU1)aussie_mark (AU1) Posts: 211
    edited 04.05.2018
    I've learnt over the years of play that its essential to visit the forum to stay in touch with whats happening in the game. 

I think the forum should be used to seek help and exchange ideas but in this game it also serves in lieu of any sort of game manual and where game changes/new additions are announced.

Mark
  • It wasn't fine print.  If you don't read anything else on this forum, read the announcements.  It's your own fault you didn't know how it works.
    A bit on the snarky side. I come to the forum 1 to 2 times a day to see what is happening, and I sometimes miss something, it happens, no need to be so mean spirited towards FarmerGray.
    edited 04.05.2018
    Even if you hadn't missed the announcement, he's right -- the set up is not to the player's advantage and is a rip off. I hate having to wait to put down a simple deco, for example, simply because of that construction slot. Or waiting for Steve and hope I don't miss him. Or having the extra coins earned just disappear into thin air.

We should be able to amass coins and start the coin construction slot when we choose.
  • garybaldy (GB1)garybaldy (GB1) GB1 Posts: 502
    The extra hoops we have to jump through to use the additional construction slot are definitely a PITA , but any extra construction slot is a major plus  as far as I am concerned .
Sign In to comment.