Home EN General Discussions & Questions Most Discussed Topics

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Mismatched Missions - Unfair?

Comments

• My co-op does run boosters, and I have boosters running, BTW, has your side task bar changed over? I still have yesterdays, 1 A.M. has come and gone, no new side tasks.
  • Shay1968 (US1)Shay1968 (US1) Posts: 1,324
    I am not sure if I got new sidebar tasks on the main farm.  My sidebar task on the island has not changed in several days.  The amounts are slowly adding up over the past several days. 
  • andy123321 (INT1)andy123321 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 117

If the missions are not just about being first, but about taking part, then can I suggest that GGS change the top-heavy scoring system.   Give say 20,000 points to all who take part, and make the rewards for being first only slightly better than the other places.

That way some of the under level 60 players would want to take part, and not to become another Red-Dot.

• dchen1 (US1)dchen1 (US1) US1 Posts: 993
    PBH (GB1) said:

If the missions are not just about being first, but about taking part, then can I suggest that GGS change the top-heavy scoring system.   Give say 20,000 points to all who take part, and make the rewards for being first only slightly better than the other places.

That way some of the under level 60 players would want to take part, and not to become another Red-Dot.

The difference in rewards for the random choice of players in missions is too high.  It makes players use the stackmaster to find another mission for getting much more reward.  

Make it so that players will not need shelve missions at 0 if many other players collect so much that it requires seaweed to get higher than 5th and 6th place.  I am still seeing many red dots at 0.  

• The only times I rank higher is when I first sign on.  I do choose the missions, but don't really "play" them.  I just play my farm normally and whatever certificates I get, I think, "Great!".  If I'm dead last and only get a few certificates then no biggie.  The certificates help with the tractors.  I use them just because some give me fertilizers with experience points that are free.  Also some give an hour of extra production for various things.  They don't cost anything and it can help a little.  
  • Shay1968 (US1) said:
    @GGS  And while I do understand we would get far less points in a Solo mission, that is besides the point because if we were grouped better overall we would actually stand a chance and get far more points.  So this nonsense to make it seem like we are getting more points does not help the situation of being grouped with high level players with super farms. They need to find a solution for this. 
    @Shay1968 (US1) This is the way it was explained to us by Marowit last year:

Each player in a mission gets RP based on their own score & then, in addition, each (except the one in last place) also gets a % of the total RP earned by all the players. 

Any players with 0 score are eliminated, so a mission of 6 players where 2 players have 0 score, will count as a mission of 4 players, with the 4th place player being "last".

The % of the total RP that each player earns, varies depending on the number of active players in the missions:
    2 players = 100% - 0%
    3 players = 100% - 50% - 0%
    4 players = 100% - 90% - 10% - 0%
    5 players = 100% - 90% - 40% - 10% - 0%
    6 players = 100% - 90% - 80% - 20% - 10% - 0%

So as you can see, it is definitely much more beneficial for lower level players to be drawn again those with much higher scores & even big gold users, as long as they do not come in last place
    The reason that solo missions are a bad deal, is because the player in the mission with the lowest actual score (0's do not count) is deemed to be in "last" place & that is the only position that get 0% RP in addition to the RP for their score.  (All other positions, get some RP based on the total scores of all players which as you know can sometimes be very high scores). - So the player in a solo mission, actually comes last. :/

@dchen1 (US1) Your examples do appear to be questionable, but it is impossible to say based on the screenshots that you have provided, because you have not included the breakdown of the RP, showing that both missions were played under equal conditions, such as active boosters.
  • bigez (US1)bigez (US1) US1 Posts: 111
    i always wonder how certain groups that have 50 or 60 players and all of them have tons of gold how can a group have all rich people in it. dont seem right some one has to be sponsering them or theres some big cheating going on
  • CathyD (INT1)CathyD (INT1) INT1 Posts: 958
    i always wonder how certain groups that have 50 or 60 players and all of them have tons of gold how can a group have all rich people in it. dont seem right some one has to be sponsering them or theres some big cheating going on
    Birds of a feather flock together.  
    Shay1968 (US1) said:
    @GGS  And while I do understand we would get far less points in a Solo mission, that is besides the point because if we were grouped better overall we would actually stand a chance and get far more points.  So this nonsense to make it seem like we are getting more points does not help the situation of being grouped with high level players with super farms. They need to find a solution for this. 
    @Shay1968 (US1) This is the way it was explained to us by Marowit last year:

Each player in a mission gets RP based on their own score & then, in addition, each (except the one in last place) also gets a % of the total RP earned by all the players. 

Any players with 0 score are eliminated, so a mission of 6 players where 2 players have 0 score, will count as a mission of 4 players, with the 4th place player being "last".

The % of the total RP that each player earns, varies depending on the number of active players in the missions:
    2 players = 100% - 0%

So as you can see, it is definitely much more beneficial for lower level players to be drawn again those with much higher scores & even big gold users, as long as they do not come in last place
    The reason that solo missions are a bad deal, is because the player in the mission with the lowest actual score (0's do not count) is deemed to be in "last" place & that is the only position that get 0% RP in addition to the RP for their score.  (All other positions, get some RP based on the total scores of all players which as you know can sometimes be very high scores). - So the player in a solo mission, actually comes last. :/

@dchen1 (US1) Your examples do appear to be questionable, but it is impossible to say based on the screenshots that you have provided, because you have not included the breakdown of the RP, showing that both missions were played under equal conditions, such as active boosters.
    I do not feel the system is fair to lower level players trying to compete against higher level players.  I am level 143 and I must wait 12 more levels before I can even buy another piece of land on my main farm. I still have 5 more pieces of land I cannot even purchase due to level requirements.  5 pieces of land can hold quite a bit of extra production.  I most often go up against players that already have all of their land, this is in no way fair. What is even worse is the Stackmaster; way too many players are shelving the entire mission without collecting anything - I have been in missions where every single player shelved, might as well be a solo mission. I have seen the point difference between coming in first and coming in second - there is a very big difference.  I will be sure to screenshot to show this difference on the next CC - I do not do missions any other time.  Perhaps lower level players should get bonus points for level difference. I mean really a level 129 up against a level 509??

PS.  It is hard not to come in last place when placed with ALL higher level players: 

• Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    and I'm level 300+ and routinely beaten by players of level 150-.
    If you want to be 1st @Shay1968 (US1)  you just need to spend gold, there is no other way.

If you want to be 1st @Shay1968 (US1)  you just need to spend gold, there is no other way.

Well that's not going to happen  LOL
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004

Well that's not going to happen  LOL
    No, it don't happen for me either but I do get lots of extra RP thanks to those that do  :¬)
    and I do my best to beat everybody that don't  :¬D
  • Not sure if this will help anyone, but yesterday I got a 1st place in one mission (think it was rutabaga but cant swear to that) and got 18k rp (everyone else shelved so normal seeds only), then came 2nd in an egg mission (the winner had over 60k eggs, so no way was I able to go for that! I did one full harvest and a couple of seaweed feeds to get 2nd, but no gold was spent!) and got 45k rp, so it does kind of work - but from that I seems it has to be where someone else collects way above what is needed to win and you get what would normally be a winning score.  I could be talking utter rubbish though as it is the first time I've actually experienced it!
  • Surya54 (INT1)Surya54 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 507
    Just comparison when doing wildflower mission (RP Farm Machine at level 7, no booster included):

• andy123321 (INT1)andy123321 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 117

Actually I meant 'Red-Dots' in the Co-Op, not just in the missions.   We have so many players below level 70 that don't want to take part in the competitions, as they know that they will only score almost no points.    They get disappointed with Big Farm and quit.

• ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
    edited 14.05.2018

2 players = 100% - 0%

I think this information might be incorrect, I harvested 15,680 milk in two different milk missions with the same booster (70% from the multifarmer) while the other players harvested different milk amounts in each mission and I received 54,065 reputation points from both missions. The other players harvested a lot more milk in the 2nd mission than in the 1st mission so I presume that I would have received more reputation points from that mission judging with what is said above, but that was not the case. Unfortunately I do not have any screenshots to prove this, but hopefully the information will be useful for getting a more accurate idea of the reputation points received in a mission.

I will try and see if I can get some examples from other missions as well and see if the same situation occurs.
  • I played quite a few missions in the last round of the coop challenge, one day I played 3 in a row that everyone else shelved, several with 0 product.  No matter what you say about playing with higher level players it is just not true, When I end up coming in 5th place and only getting 2354 points, or coming in 1st with the same amount of product produced and getting 12000 points, how does the smaller amount of points benefit me like they say?  It does NOT!
    edited 14.05.2018
    A lower level farm competing against a higher level farm is 100% certain to lose without the use of gold or extra resources.  There is no disputing this!  A smaller farm does NOT have the ability to have the same amount of land without the use of gold and therefore would have less production facilities available.  

This needs to be fixed to group players based on the XP levels and land buying requirements.  The stackmaster has made the "solo" mission issue worse so it no longer matters.   I have been in far too many missions where everyone shelved without collecting anything that left me in a "solo" mission anyway. 

There is also a problem with the way the FHWE levels are broken down.  Boat requirements are based on regular XP while the grouping of the event is based on Fishing XP.  A player with a lower level can increase fishing xp to a fairly high level quickly but they have restrictions based on regular XP for buying boats and upgrading the dockyard.  I tried to relay this information during the live broadcast they just didn't seem to comprehend it.  If the mods can pass this info onto the team for review it would be greatly appreciated. The either need to lift the XP restrictions or group players based on how high they can upgrade certain boats. 
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    I played quite a few missions in the last round of the coop challenge, one day I played 3 in a row that everyone else shelved, several with 0 product.  No matter what you say about playing with higher level players it is just not true, When I end up coming in 5th place and only getting 2354 points, or coming in 1st with the same amount of product produced and getting 12000 points, how does the smaller amount of points benefit me like they say?  It does NOT!
    It only seems to work if you come in 2nd or 3rd -- then you'll benefit. Lower than that, you probably don't much.
  • Big Beck (US1)Big Beck (US1) US1 Posts: 514
    Artmaker said:
    Been trying to keep up with ONE mission a day. Eventually I'll get tractor upgrades. Eventually.

But dang. I thought they at least tried to pair up people with similar farms so it's a matter of who is paying attention, who harvests and plants fastest. But I keep landing up against people there is no way in hell I could possibly challenge.

I have 4 cows, 4 chickens 3 pigs. Three farms all have the same. ALL THREE this morning went up against people in the POO mission and right off the bat I'm 2000+ behind????

So I looked up their farms. 12 fully upgraded cow sheds 10 chickens on one farm.
    Another had a dozen or so of those small fields, 10 cows, 12 chickens.... ALL fully upgraded blue houses, blue barn, gold only decor.

What the hell? This is no challenge for those folks. One harvest and I'm out of the running.

The only good thing about this is we get certs even if coming in last place. But still. Why bother? My last tractor upgrade brought happiness up ONE LOUSY POINT!

And by the way. What do rep points do? Anything? Should I care of the game punishes me for not playing in these dumb missions at all? I stopped playing them before this upgrade and never missed it. Though I'd like to see what the tractor upgrades actually do, (perhaps that first one isn't the best.) But still. This is SO dumb. (Especially flowers. I hate that one.)
    The more rep points you have, the more you will earn in a mission. So they are important for that.  It seems like a long row to hoe, (pun intended) but building those tractors is a good thing.  Especially when you get to the mission stacker which will allow you to skip missions you cant compete in for a limited time.  So press on.  keep earning those certs.  You will get there.  It doesnt seem fair now but someday you will be on the other side of it!
  • Big Beck (US1)Big Beck (US1) US1 Posts: 514
    Hi I have a suggestion, with all the fuss about the happiness, nothing changed, when it all happened I was running 100% on all farms, I too have gone to look at farms who are producing so much so quick, they have no deco's I suggest happiness level has to be in green before anyone can do personnel missions, that makes it fair for everyone

This is exactly what I suggested 4 weeks ago, christina! See thread The "Official" Mission Petition...; see posts 228 - 237 (I do not know how to put link in, sorry)...
    Hi I have a suggestion, with all the fuss about the happiness, nothing changed, when it all happened I was running 100% on all farms, I too have gone to look at farms who are producing so much so quick, they have no deco's I suggest happiness level has to be in green before anyone can do personnel missions, that makes it fair for everyone

This is exactly what I suggested 4 weeks ago, christina! See thread The "Official" Mission Petition...; see posts 228 - 237 (I do not know how to put link in, sorry)...
    Players who have no decos are feeding everything with special or premium feeds and fertilizers so their farms don't cost much to run.  The bottom line is we all have to go through the process to get to that level. There's nothing unfair about it.  we have all been the bottom dog in missions when we started out. You have to pay your dues.  Or not.  You always have a choice.  Do what you want. Its your farm.  Unless of course you care about helping your coop.  Or building your tractors.  You cant start at the top.  How would that be fair?

• The more rep points you have, the more you will earn in a mission. So they are important for that.  It seems like a long row to hoe, (pun intended) but building those tractors is a good thing.  Especially when you get to the mission stacker which will allow you to skip missions you cant compete in for a limited time.  So press on.  keep earning those certs.  You will get there.  It doesnt seem fair now but someday you will be on the other side of it!
    It is about fair as putting a kindergarten student in HS and allowing them to sink or swim, which is what they are doing to us.  How long am I expected to lose every mission, 2-3 years or more?  Since I have been playing it has been impossible to get to first place when grouped with players 2-4 times my level that have 5 times as many stables and gold bought fields.  The only time I get up to level 1 is occasionally when everyone shelves the mission without doing anything, but when someone shelves a mission after putting 10K milk I am sunk.  The big problem is that we are not earning certificates, or at least at a decent rate, any more then a kindergarten student would win hits in a baseball game with HS students, we are being flattened.
  • ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
    edited 15.05.2018
    Every time I win a milk mission with 15,680 milk, combined with my 70% reputation point boost from the level 7 multifarmer I will receive 54,065 reputation points for the mission, regardless of how much milk the other players harvest in the mission. So it appears that the information that we have been given about how the other player's score in the mission affect the amount of reputation points I receive is at least partially incorrect.

• CatsPurr (AU1)CatsPurr (AU1) AU1 Posts: 6
    https://prnt.sc/l3hiof

How is that even fair ?

Cant compete against people in the 3 and 500's when you  are only 88.............  and people wonder why you get discouraged and dont want to play.........

Get the "fair" sorted GGS
  • That may be true in an ideal situation, but so many times I end up in a field of players way over me, today the top one was over 500, and immediately got over 10,000 corn, I , so of course came in last as the lowest player besides me was still in the high 200's.   If I am in a group of players within 100 points of my level I can make it to the top and get way more reward points then can get being last all the time.  I don't usually use seaweed or gold doing missions as I see it as a waste, so competing with someone with all fertile fields or 20 cowsheds doesn't do me any good at all, I have watched my scores, and when I can get 6-8 thousand being number 1 and just over 1000 being last it just doesn't add up like they think.
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    Well, sadly, it's just something we have to put up with, because not enough people do missions to fill the roster every time with people of your own level.  It used to be the way you WANT it (so that players around a certain level were all tried to stay together in missions), but all to often people wound up in missions just solely by themselves - making NO points.

So the way it is may not be perfect, but it's better than the alternative.
  • ok so i dont work right now so how can i complete these missions that have this mission can i delete them somehow or give them to someone
  • help me get rid of these i have like a bunch
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    help me get rid of these i have like a bunch
    Read the task carefully some times a small donation can go a long ways ;)
Sign In to comment.