Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Fabulous CC Rewards continue !!!

Comments

• artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    edited 17.04.2018
    With the new owners on board, it was hoped that part of "building for the future" would have been to hire a sufficient number of experienced staff (and pay them enough to close the famed revolving door) in order to service your customers professionally and in a timely manner. Perhaps they could look into this as without it, the game is doomed.  Many of us have been waiting to buy gold when  good, reliable service and products are delivered. We love the game. We wouldn't be here otherwise.
    Post edited by artful (US1) on
  • Shay1968 (US1)Shay1968 (US1) Posts: 1,324
    @CM_Hunter,  I do appreciate the time you take to try and update us about issues with the game to try and make sense of something that the players are having a hard time with, for example the sudden change in CC and CHWE rewards.

However there seems to be a discrepancy as to what you had told us and further explanation would be great.

You said it is a new random generated prize system so we can have a variety of prizes each time we play the event.  However, for the past 3 CCs it has not been random, it has been the EXACT same low valued prizes each time.  Can we please get a better understanding of this new random prize system? 

Players are certainly not happy with the new randomly created prize system because of the current lack of randomness  :D as well as receiving low valued, unneeded prizes 3 CCs in a row;  this also certainly shows in the CCs.  I must now wait much longer for the system to find missions because not as many are playing it seems; before missions popped up almost instantaneously but now I must wait almost the full 5 minutes. I have also noticed I no longer have to use seaweed or gold to win missions and while this part is a GOOD thing, the prizes still do not prompt effort or any type of enthusiasm to even participate in the CCs even if I am not using gold or seaweed.

Thanks for any feedback you can provide. 
    @CM_Hunter  Apparently my question has been missed, so I will ask again.  Can you please explain this new "randomly generated prize system" because after the past 3 CCs we can see there seems to be NO randomness to the "randomly generated prize system" considering the prizes have been exactly the same. 

Again, thanks for any feedback you can provide. 
  • sue1 (AU1)sue1 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 193
    I think the whole point to this is that it wasn't necessary to change the prizes at all,  Everyone was happy with the rewards and if you wanted to add other prizes it was just a matter of tweaking it, not making a whole new prize list.  More lame excuses..but I don't see the point of shooting yourself in the foot and putting your player base off side time after time.
  • JustMe (US1)JustMe (US1) US1 Posts: 491
    i think they should go back to taking the time to do it manually *cough* until they can enter all the prizes in the "randomizer" with their % of application
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    Anyone seeing "dynamic" improvements in the rewards list of this CC? How does one use 1 regular mining license and some regular feed "dynamically" anyway?
    I don't think they got the memo that fish pellets not only are worthless because they are cheap, quick, and easy to make, but also because all those extra pellets make it hard for players to produce more when needed for a mission.

I don't think anybody there has RL experience on how the game actually works, and how one thing thrown at us can throw a lot of other things completely off kilter.
  • sue1 (AU1)sue1 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 193
    not only fish pellets but all these WWC rewards too.   UMmmm maybe someone should tell them that that finished some time ago.

• Xcution (INT1)Xcution (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,183
    Don't know how to @CM_Hunter said by him
    The rewards are auto matic or magic they didn't even change damn they are the same like before Its 3rd time and we are that lucky to have a same rewards third time grow up.old man its not a.time to tell a lie its straight forward and fair u said we are giving ur feedback where is the result every thing is a lie 

• Xcution (INT1)Xcution (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,183
    @CM_Hunter,  I do appreciate the time you take to try and update us about issues with the game to try and make sense of something that the players are having a hard time with, for example the sudden change in CC and CHWE rewards.

However there seems to be a discrepancy as to what you had told us and further explanation would be great.

You said it is a new random generated prize system so we can have a variety of prizes each time we play the event.  However, for the past 3 CCs it has not been random, it has been the EXACT same low valued prizes each time.  Can we please get a better understanding of this new random prize system? 

Players are certainly not happy with the new randomly created prize system because of the current lack of randomness  :D as well as receiving low valued, unneeded prizes 3 CCs in a row;  this also certainly shows in the CCs.  I must now wait much longer for the system to find missions because not as many are playing it seems; before missions popped up almost instantaneously but now I must wait almost the full 5 minutes. I have also noticed I no longer have to use seaweed or gold to win missions and while this part is a GOOD thing, the prizes still do not prompt effort or any type of enthusiasm to even participate in the CCs even if I am not using gold or seaweed.

@CM_Hunter  Apparently my question has been missed, so I will ask again.  Can you please explain this new "randomly generated prize system" because after the past 3 CCs we can see there seems to be NO randomness to the "randomly generated prize system" considering the prizes have been exactly the same. 

Nope we can't provide u guys any feedback so enjoy the system u guys are in thanks  lol!!!

Nope we can't provide u guys any feedback so enjoy the system u guys are in thanks  lol!!!
    They want our feedback but can't seem to give us feedback when asked a specific question to better understand this new reward system.
  • The best thing about the "random" generator giving us exactly the same thing again which is truly pathetic "prizes" is that it will free up more time this weekend to do.......well.........anything else.
  • TMKC (IN1)TMKC (IN1) IN1 Posts: 939
    GGS Developers staff meeting:

Ima Genius:  "..... and so, ladies and gentlemen, if we remove all the gold and seaweed from our hard worker events and co-op championships, our players will be FORCED to buy those items in order to compete in those events"
    (round of applause for the brilliant idea)

Ima Player:  "or of course, we could all just stop playing those events since there is no longer anything of value to win"

(cricket sounds)

Many years ago, there was an experiment done where monkey were given a choice of 3 buttons.... one for water, one for food, and one for cocaine.  Almost all of them hit the cocaine button until they overdosed.  This seems to be the model for GGS events.... the players keep hitting the button over and over.

I beg you, my fellow monkeys..........hit the food button!!!!  It's not too late to save yourselves!!!!!
    lol...im not a monkey...im a cat .
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720

They can't give u feedback because its a randomly generated prize system that is either malfunctioning or simply does not exist, I vote the latter! The only thing being served up to players on a consistent basis is lies.
    The new fireworks during CC which gave a 100% booster in rps was a good addition. Small stuff like these are good .

also bring in happy hours. they are good.
    Rewards of all events need to improve...there is no doubt in that. i havent seen such displeasure among players to such a high extent as there is now.

Bring happy hours everyday at least once per day, maybe just for 2 hrs. But keep randomizing the effect of the happy hour. In this way, the excitement is there to log in everyday and see what is there today in happy hour.

Also ggs can start there hot deals and gold buying offers during the happy hour. since most players will be online during this time, there is a higher chance of players buying gold.

When i look at Big farm, i see a really good game about farming but im surprised why it is not very famous around the world. Why isnt there tons of gold users and people to spend money here ? what is ggs doing wrong in here ? why is player retention low ?

only 2-3 big gold buyers in my server..it should be 200-300.

There is a big window of oppurtunity for BF to grow....i hope good decisions are made by the dev. team
  • I don't think they got the memo that fish pellets not only are worthless because they are cheap, quick, and easy to make, but also because all those extra pellets make it hard for players to produce more when needed for a mission.

I don't think anybody there has RL experience on how the game actually works, and how one thing thrown at us can throw a lot of other things completely off kilter.
    @artful (US1)  That was indeed passed on, along with several other specific items that had constructive feedback, saying why they were bad rewards. Any changes to the CC rewards would need an update to be run, so if there has been no update since the event was last run, you will know that the rewards are still the same.

Shay1968 (US1) said:
    They want our feedback but can't seem to give us feedback when asked a specific question to better understand this new reward system.
    @Shay1968 (US1) We do understand how it looks that way, but there are different systems involved. We need your feedback, especially about specific rewards, to pass on to the programmers & balancers. Whereas the questions that you ask are a different issue - Some are straightforward & just need a mod to ask & post the answer, but when you are asking for an official statement to explain something, that requires getting the statement, then sometimes having it translated, if multiple communities are asking for it, because it causes all sorts of dramas if one Community gets a response before another. There is a response coming about the rewards, to try to clarify the last one & we hoped it would be posted on Friday, before the current CC started, but its looking like it will be Monday now.
  • Corvid (GB1)Corvid (GB1) GB1 Posts: 625
    edited 22.04.2018
    I don't think they got the memo that fish pellets not only are worthless because they are cheap, quick, and easy to make, but also because all those extra pellets make it hard for players to produce more when needed for a mission.

@artful (US1)  That was indeed passed on, along with several other specific items that had constructive feedback, saying why they were bad rewards. Any changes to the CC rewards would need an update to be run, so if there has been no update since the event was last run, you will know that the rewards are still the same.

Shay1968 (US1) said:
    @Shay1968 (US1) We do understand how it looks that way, but there are different systems involved. We need your feedback, especially about specific rewards, to pass on to the programmers & balancers. Whereas the questions that you ask are a different issue - Some are straightforward & just need a mod to ask & post the answer, but when you are asking for an official statement to explain something, that requires getting the statement, then sometimes having it translated, if multiple communities are asking for it, because it causes all sorts of dramas if one Community gets a response before another. There is a response coming about the rewards, to try to clarify the last one & we hoped it would be posted on Friday, before the current CC started, but its looking like it will be Monday now.
    @WascallyWabbit why would an update need to be run to change the rewards? I thought it was a random generator that was put in place for that very reason, as outlined my mr hunter....

and if an update needed to be run, why on earth havent they? they're learning nothing by just letting the same rubbish rewards run and run - they may as well have left in the original rewards if that was the case

none of this fits any logical thought

it just looks like what it looks like - ggs decided at some point to decrease the value of hw rewards and have done so across the board from low to high

and if what the team are seeking is a REASON why certain items are viewed as rubbish, please let us know, im sure we'll all make a list quite easily

however that seems unlikely cos if the generator was random or the team really didnt know the value of items before putting them in/taking them out, please answer me this - why have ALL the hw rewards been devalued

if it was random or the team didnt truly know the value of rewards in the first place, then they wouldnt have been devalued across the board, quite the contrary, probability factors would suggest some very good rewards would have cropped up, but no, gmls have been hammered in the hws (just one very obvious example), are you telling me that's just chance?

this has all the hallmarks of the typical ggs tactic we're all familiar with - introduce something unpopular, let them blow off steam, say we're looking into it and testing etc, do nothing but let the change just sit there....

.... until the masses see it as the norm and storm in a teacup over, the 'change' is now the norm and as always, doesnt favour the player but is another route to try and provoke/encourage gold spending
  • MRG1 (US1)MRG1 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,554
    edited 22.04.2018
    They can still say it's random if they programmed the probability unfavorably to the player.
    Prizes are randomly generated, not randomly programed:

Probability of pig feed:        99.999%
    Probability of fi
    sh pellets:    99.999%
    Probability of Gold licen
    se:  00.001%

Post edited by MRG1 (US1) on
  • WascallyWabbit (FormerMod)WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) Guest Posts: 6,097
    edited 22.04.2018
    @Corvid (GB1) Those are the exact questions I asked when I explained to the CM why the last announcement had caused such confusion (and disbelief) & why another one is needed, so hopefully that will be forthcoming tomorrow. 

As for the feedback, yes that is exactly what they want, as an ongoing thing while they get this new system working perfectly (or as close as can be) for example, Artful did a very good post saying why goldfish pellets were a bad reward, because they are easy to make ourselves, winning them just overloads storage & there is no room left to donate them to the pond, so when you do another feed mission they all have to be dumped. With that type of feedback, the team can decide which items need to be specifically removed from being selected or rarely selected. There are lots of items that one person may regard as useless & another might really like, depending on which parts of the game you play. Greenhouse seeds & products  or horseshoes or certificates for example. What is that saying?... One man's trash is another man's treasure! ... There does seem to be almost unanimous feedback from all the communities that players do not want regular items that they can easily make themselves & regular mining licences are equally unloved.

We also want feedback about rewards that you do like, obviously everyone likes seaweed items, GMLs, high value mystery boxes, gold & various coins & tokens, but it would be good to know how popular some other things are & also anything not currently given as a reward that might be a good addition.
  • DemonR (GB1)DemonR (GB1) GB1 Posts: 43

The thing that knocked everything off kilter was the CC and HWE's running so often. Instead of adjusting the frequency of events, as players have asked for, they mess with the rewards. Thus we end up with fish pellets and wet pig feed. In other words, total rubbish.

• shazamd (US1)shazamd (US1) US1 Posts: 766
    Regular feed is not a reward. No way. No how.
  • CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,226

@WascallyWabbit here is some feed back for you to take back to the office if you'd please.

I understand what they are trying to do and I think it's a very goo idea. A system to generate random Hard Worker rewards would free up their time to improve the game and to get some long-time overdue fixes done. Not to mention it would put some fun back into the game to receive different rewards each time.

With that being said I'd also like to add, this system will work, it just needs some tweaking.

I am not a programmer but I do know it would work if they grouped all rewards into numbered categories...

Put low quality rewards into low numbered groups (1-5) then increase the amount as you get closer to 5.

Put higher low quality rewards into numbered groups (6-10) then increase the amount as you get closer to 10.

Put medium quality rewards into numbered groups (10-15) then increase the amount as you get closer to 15.

Put higher medium quality rewards into numbered groups (16-20) then increase the amount as you get closer to 20.

Put high quality rewards into numbered groups (21-25) then increase the amount as you get closer to 25.

Put higher high quality rewards into numbered groups (26-30) then increase the amount as you get closer to 30.

Put then even higher high quality rewards into numbered groups (31-35) then increase the amount as you get closer to 35.

Put highest quality rewards into number 36 group. Or something like that

Depending on the points needed you could tell the program to award a random reward from a certain numbered group.

I hope this has made sense to you

Detailed feedback was asked for to determine why the current prizes are unacceptable:

I took the time to provide some detailed feedback about the prizes and have attached an excel spreadsheet:

Please note: Any amounts in bold means it is a total of more than 1 prize number.

• Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    edited 23.04.2018
    I'll keep my feedback here simple and am pretty sure on this point I speak for a lot of players.

"Prizes" should be things we can't make ourselves.  Feed is NOT a prize.  Bags of fertilizer, again NOT a prize.  Greenhouse seeds would be a low level prize since the only other way to get them is with the temp farms.  Not everyone plays or even can play.

Real prizes are things you can't get any other way.  The best being the blue mine certs.  Best prize, so it shows up rarely.  Causing the player to actually WANT to keep playing in hopes of landing one.  Gold coins, be it in lessor amounts are a prize.
    Deco that you cannot get any other way (and mix it up please, I don't need 30 blue gazebos from the wheel.)  Surely your designers can come up with more graphics so they can mix it up.
    Heck even if they took the exact same graphic and made multiple color versions.  That would be something different at least.

Seaweed and anything else that can instantly push a crop are valuable prizes you can't get otherwise.  

See where I'm going with this?  
    If we can make it, it's not a prize.  
    If the only way to get it is winning it, that's a prize.
  • Rocky123 (IN1)Rocky123 (IN1) IN1 Posts: 627
    What happened to announcement regarding prizes of CC that was supposed to come from developer team ?
    I saw posts of mods stating that some important announcement will come out today regarding the same 
  • CM_HunterCM_Hunter Posts: 448
    @Rocky123 (IN1), sorry it was late ;)

The new reward system is one that takes effect only after an update and it was never intended to suggest that the rewards would be different every single time an event ran. I would like to personally apologise if previously it was expected that rewards would be different each time as this is not the case, an update is still necessary for a change in the game. The system itself is much faster at *building* a list of rewards but an update is still required. The system has some rules that it follows to fill the spaces in a way that provides more worthy rewards the further you get in the event (with a certain margin of error and a small touch of random selection), but it is not setup specifically to remove valuable or well-liked rewards as has been suggested by some. Initially there were items included in the list that upset quite a few of you, but the feedback you guys have been giving adds more rules to the tool and also some hard coded spots for certain items to ensure they are in the list. The tool tries to provide cohesion between the effort and value of the rewards, and as explained below this sometimes does not always match between players or necessarily match the actual value of the item in the game. This is not always the case though, and in cases where items do look very out of place we have tried to ensure that doesn’t happen. These changes will come in with the next scheduled update we have to the game.

Your feedback has been extremely valuable, but in some cases the feedback can be subjective or personal, and so a reward you do not particularly like might be enjoyed by many others. We will try our best to fit your feedback in with future updates but it is also the case that we cannot include all feedback. You may not want or need every reward in the line of rewards but the tool now has more information to work with thanks to you. We have included many of your points handed to us, especially in cases where it seems like many players across servers share the same opinion. We also have some other thoughts being considered for the future to make the rewards more appealing for each of you and are still taking feedback from your posts and suggestions. It has been helpful for us to know what you guys value and use in the game. The current changes were put in place as a time and effort saving measure to allow the team to focus on other topics that are important to you. Of course setting up the system takes time, but once it is ready we will save countless man hours down the line.
  • MRG1 (US1)MRG1 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,554
    edited 23.04.2018
    CM_Hunter said:..You may not want or need every reward in the line of rewards ...
    I actually don't want or need any of the current rewards, so there is no point in participating in the CC. Granted, the construction coins are of some value, but only when and if the architect is on my farm.The fact that I lose surplus coins if I log out has devalued them.
  • JustMe (US1)JustMe (US1) US1 Posts: 491
    CM_Hunter said:
    @Rocky123 (IN1), sorry it was late ;)

The new reward system is one that takes effect only after an update and it was never intended to suggest that the rewards would be different every single time an event ran. I would like to personally apologise if previously it was expected that rewards would be different each time as this is not the case, an update is still necessary for a change in the game. The system itself is much faster at *building* a list of rewards but an update is still required. The system has some rules that it follows to fill the spaces in a way that provides more worthy rewards the further you get in the event (with a certain margin of error and a small touch of random selection), but it is not setup specifically to remove valuable or well-liked rewards as has been suggested by some. Initially there were items included in the list that upset quite a few of you, but the feedback you guys have been giving adds more rules to the tool and also some hard coded spots for certain items to ensure they are in the list. The tool tries to provide cohesion between the effort and value of the rewards, and as explained below this sometimes does not always match between players or necessarily match the actual value of the item in the game. This is not always the case though, and in cases where items do look very out of place we have tried to ensure that doesn’t happen. These changes will come in with the next scheduled update we have to the game.

Your feedback has been extremely valuable, but in some cases the feedback can be subjective or personal, and so a reward you do not particularly like might be enjoyed by many others. We will try our best to fit your feedback in with future updates but it is also the case that we cannot include all feedback. You may not want or need every reward in the line of rewards but the tool now has more information to work with thanks to you. We have included many of your points handed to us, especially in cases where it seems like many players across servers share the same opinion. We also have some other thoughts being considered for the future to make the rewards more appealing for each of you and are still taking feedback from your posts and suggestions. It has been helpful for us to know what you guys value and use in the game. The current changes were put in place as a time and effort saving measure to allow the team to focus on other topics that are important to you. Of course setting up the system takes time, but once it is ready we will save countless man hours down the line.
    Really ? We have had an update and the prizes are less than sub-par STILL. The DSFHWE wasn't even worse than sub-par they were just rotten and a bunch of junk with point values which are way out of line for the average player - The average player should be able to reach the MAJORITY of rewards 

As someone who ranked 15th on the DSFHWE - yes reached the GML but barely and was in the top 50 so yes I got a second one - but not the "deco" which really only matters for someone who needs one of every one. But I for one probably will just dump this along with other events because the rewards are simply scrapping the scum at the bottom of the barrel AWFUL

If you are saying you need a FURTHER update then we will all gladly put everything else on pause so you can do that now (we have done this so many times it is pretty routine anyway) - please the update is overdue.

The tool is not functioning in "randomness" of reward and has left out or drastically lessened the main rewards we play these events for which is seaweed, treasure boxes and GML's. The "further you get in the event" was more or less how it DID work and it is not working now. 

You say the tool is not set up to remove the valuable rewards then where the heck are they? Absent - so what IS a person to think. I can guarantee you did not receive significant feed back from players saying these were what we were complaining about and so your "rules" should not have diminished these at all in the first place. 

As for needing our feed back to tell you what rewards we feel are valuable and actually use? Sorry - that just doesn't hold any water - you have gobs and gobs of data showing EXACTLY what rewards are used on every single account.

The TIME and EFFORT needed to calculate rewards is still needed - go back to it until you get the "tool" actually working with enough data points and "rules" to make it functional - can't believe it was manual but ok - and you know this should have had a basic range which did not vary that much - so in my personal opinion the time and effort statement makes no sense nor do I find it to be true in a variety of other games. 

So far have not seen anything that is "important" to us that we have been asking, begging, complaining and MORE THAN PATIENTLY waiting for happen. Cat tree and charms fixed - no worries mate - got my cats without those working or being replaced after MONTHS of waiting - but GGS knew that right? DSF still broke with no fix in sight - DSF Market still broke - no fix in sight. CC's too often? - no fix in sight. too many events? no fix in sight - if anything they are coming even faster - you can't even take a breath in between one ending and starting. Wedding planner and for many the food truck too little change and no fix in sight. Ridiculous CV and challenges - yup still there with no fix in sight

Instead we get a costly gold lock and olive grove with little to do but sell the olives. Neither of these would be what any player suggested or envisioned. We also get new art - which probably is not so new at all and is just being pulled from the mothballs to roll out as "new". I say vote on "new" art decos vs real rewards and get some REAL feedback on what we use and value.   -- BTW in case you don't know  - I vote real rewards.

Also noticed that the weekly cv village rewards - previously whatever what not used converted to village dollars and that appears to not be happening now. (I don't know if that applied to any daily rewards) 

Everything seems to be a fly-by-the-seat-of-our-pants type of change "hoping" it "works" with no real thought of how it will effect the game and players and no - i repeat - NO TESTING
    For me, ghost rods can be added to the list. Now that the FHWE has been nerfed into nothingness, the ghost rods aren't nearly as valuable as before.
    CM_Hunter said:

The new reward system is one that takes effect only after an update and it was never intended to suggest that the rewards would be different every single time an event ran. I would like to personally apologise if previously it was expected that rewards would be different each time as this is not the case, an update is still necessary for a change in the game. 
    It was indeed suggested that the rewards would be different every single time an event ran by the following statement in an earlier post of yours:
    The new system allows for us to have events with rotating rewards, making them more dynamic and unique every time they are played with a different set of rewards each time

If it had been just myself perceiving your statement as the rewards would be "more dynamic and unique every time they are played with a different set of rewards each time"  then I would have no problem accepting your current statement.   However, I read this statement over and over and cannot seem to perceive anything different from it.  I am not sure how anyone could possibly perceive the statement any differently, especially with statements such as "more dynamic and unique every time they are played" and "with a different set of rewards each time".   So of course we "EXPECTED that rewards would be different each time".

I really think GGS needs to stop burying themselves further with contradictory statements and at the very least put the prizes back to the way they were until they can figure out their 'new automated system'.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file