Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Inappropriate Names for Farmers

MaryT (US1)MaryT (US1) US1 Posts: 9
Is there any rule as to how to name your farmer. I was running a Mission  and was surprised that the person in second place was named "*******"  [edited for inappropriate content | Pickle].  I do have a screen shot, the time was 10:44 est  4/20/2018 United States server (that's the one I'm on). 
I know most of us are Adults but there must be some guidelines somewhere. 
I'm an Implementer/Administrator on an on-line game and I'd never allow a name like that, even though most of my players are Adults. 

MaryT
Post edited by PicklePaws (FormerMod) on

Comments

• artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    edited 20.04.2018
    Is there any rule as to how to name your farmer. I was running a Mission  and was surprised that the person in second place was named "*******"  [edited for inappropriate content | Pickle]
    .  I do have a screen shot, the time was 10:44 est  4/20/2018 United States server (that's the one I'm on). 
    I know most of us are Adults but there must be some guidelines somewhere. 
    I'm an Implementer/Administrator on an on-line game and I'd never allow a name like that, even though most of my players are Adults. 

MaryT
    Agreed. I ran into one player during a mission whose name was "Pedophile[man's first name]. Not cool, and no way of knowing if someone thought it was funny, or is a potential threat. Some innocent words don't make it past the censors in the Forum, chat, and messaging. Surely GGS would want to develop a system for filtering out these types of names.
    Post edited by PicklePaws (FormerMod) on
  • On January 5, I sent a ticket to support about someone with almost the same name but it was spelled with 2 k's instead of ck. The player's main farm was called jackenhoff and I sent screenshots showing both names. I'm generally not a tattletale but kids could be playing this game. And really, nobody should have to see that. I never heard anything back but then I never do and don't even get the copy of the ticket in my email. I've also noticed some boats in dockyards with less than polite names but a username is a lot more in your face and there's really no place for that in a farming game.

• farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    edited 20.04.2018
    I've seen inappropriate username's myself.  :(   Sometimes they fall through the cracks and make it past the censor when a player registers for the game. If they're especially offensive, the only thing you can do is report it to Support. Then it's up to them.  ;)  
    Post edited by farmerjohn 22 (US1) on
  • If you come across these types of names, please take a screen shot and sent it to support:  Contact Support.
    If you come across these types of names, please take a screen shot and sent it to support:  Contact Support.
    Did that ... months later, the one I reported is still here.
  • Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    Just my humble opinion here,  SO WHAT?

You think kids don't hear foul language from other kids at school?   Please.
    I learned the F word back in Kindergarden.  
    (and OH the horror when my mother saw it scribbled on a piece of scratch paper…. oh my….Nevermind I must have heard it spoken hundreds of times a day at my good Catholic school.)  

Frankly I think the whole thing is funny.   But complaining about it will only produce more really stupid filters than they already have in place that are obviously all just a challenge to get around.    

Do you know… one of the many words they have filtered here, because PART of the word would be another word that is bad….  but the full word refers to a fruit.  one that grows on a vine and is usually used to make wine.   Starts with a G.   yup…. try using it.  I don't recall now if it's here or chat but one of the two won't let you.   

So do we really need more of these?   Please.  Laugh at it and move on.  
  •  Please.  Laugh at it and move on.  
    My sense of humor must be different from yours.
  • shazamd (US1)shazamd (US1) US1 Posts: 766
    I'd be willing to bet that most of the players using these kind of names are kids.
    edited 21.04.2018
    I don't mind the foul language. I came of age during a time when everyone all let loose. But, do you really think "Pedophile" is something let slide? Could be a joke, but what if it isn't? The system won't even let me name my horse "Serendiptiy" for Pete's sake.
  • Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    Yea Pedophile is pretty bad. Especially on a game kids can play.  Yea I'd have to say that crosses a line.

But I played a game (long gone now) with a guy who went by Buckoff.  lol.  
    At the risk of losing my stable… one of my farms has a whole stable of buck horses.  
    Buckoff  getbucked,  bucker, etc.   

Not really cussing, horses do buck so reality really.  Just because that sounds like something else… 
    lol… 
  • If you come across these types of names, please take a screen shot and sent it to support:  Contact Support.
    @artful (US1) Can you please send the name to me in a PM? Thank you!
    If you come across these types of names, please take a screen shot and sent it to support:  Contact Support.
    @artful (US1) Can you please send the name to me in a PM? Thank you!
    Will do!  :smile:

• TMKC (IN1)TMKC (IN1) IN1 Posts: 939
    I need to change my username.... how do i do it ? 
  • Not only do I think that a person with "pedophile" in his name should be kicked off the game, maybe someone should contact authorities on whatever server it is. Not cool.

As for other "inappropriate" names, as a femailman I see real names everyday on mail that could be counted as offensive if they were fake, but they aren't. Real names can be downright funny!

Why would parents allow children to play a game with adults online? I don't think kids should be in a co op at all. You never know who your kid could be chatting with in one. Yuck.

• I need to change my username.... how do i do it ? 
    @TMKC (IN1) You would have to contact support, as only they can do that, but I should warn you that it is extremely rare for them to do it, without a very good reason. 
  • Tinzen (SKN1)Tinzen (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 473
    Just my humble opinion here,  SO WHAT?

You think kids don't hear foul language from other kids at school?   Please.
    I learned the F word back in Kindergarden.  
    (and OH the horror when my mother saw it scribbled on a piece of scratch paper…. oh my….Nevermind I must have heard it spoken hundreds of times a day at my good Catholic school.)  

Frankly I think the whole thing is funny.   But complaining about it will only produce more really stupid filters than they already have in place that are obviously all just a challenge to get around.    

Do you know… one of the many words they have filtered here, because PART of the word would be another word that is bad….  but the full word refers to a fruit.  one that grows on a vine and is usually used to make wine.   Starts with a G.   yup…. try using it.  I don't recall now if it's here or chat but one of the two won't let you.   

So do we really need more of these?   Please.  Laugh at it and move on.  
    And the cencoring in ig letters for the very same reason shouldnt be allowed then? There are SEVERAL words, as u cant do in ig letter, while u can do them in chat (because thats not swearing, so it makes a lot of sense).... So why shouldnt names matter? Even horse names matters in this case.

Just saying.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file