Home EN General Discussions & Questions Most Discussed Topics

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Fishing Hard Worker Event

Comments

• hmm 
    getting kinda tired of this 
    running into walls ingame aswell whit support etc 

prizes arent good i am unhappy about it but this bonus system is even more of a joke 
    i would need to have all boats have the right stuff loaded before the event
    harvest pay gold to get next harvest pay gold etc to even get the bonus needed to even reach the GML whitch isnt worth the afford
    soo no ty i wont bather whit this any more either wil stop buiing gold al in all 
    i recently bought some didnt spend it in CC any more deu to bad prizes but on stuff that actually stays 
    now im done for they can kiss their ass and say bye bye to my money 
    and if they screw up even more ill just press X and wont come back at all 
  • Daisy May (GB1)Daisy May (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11
    Disappointing to say the least!  Yet another event ruined.  It was the only way that lower levels stood a chance to work hard and get decent prizes.   Congratulations GGS your business plan is a winner for sure!

• artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    Disappointing to say the least!  Yet another event ruined.  It was the only way that lower levels stood a chance to work hard and get decent prizes.   Congratulations GGS your business plan is a winner for sure!

While putting their focus on higher level players -- I think the guy in the video referred to them as Power Players -- they are forgetting where high level players come from.  That's right, each and everyone started out as a low level player. And not too many are sticking around these days because ALL the events now have gone beyond their reach. There won't be too many new high level players if the lower levels don't stay.
  • Shay1968 (US1)Shay1968 (US1) Posts: 1,324
    If you can empty a pool or 2 with in the 24 hour period the pool resets with a new set of fish to catch. After some planning & effort one can get the pools they need to do the event. Keep on Farming!!
    I wish it were that easy.  I have sent out all my boats several times to try and open a Lobster pool, been clearing pools all evening yesterday and all day today with Roys and Brigittes.  I am stuck on 9 for Lobster with ~1 day in need of 68 Lobster to reach 10.  Not 1 Lobster pool in sight.  Usually I have mostly Lobster, now that I NEED them I can't even get 1. I know as soon as I finally get a pool open and get the boat back it will drop me down to like 10 minutes and I can get past Lobster but it does me no good when I know I need to carry 14pps to get to the last hard work reward. Needless to say I have pretty much given up at this point.  Just going to let Lobster run it's course and get whatever prizes it gives me. 
  • mia111 (GB1)mia111 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 741
    If you can empty a pool or 2 with in the 24 hour period the pool resets with a new set of fish to catch. After some planning & effort one can get the pools they need to do the event. Keep on Farming!!
    I wish it were that easy.  I have sent out all my boats several times to try and open a Lobster pool, been clearing pools all evening yesterday and all day today with Roys and Brigittes.  I am stuck on 9 for Lobster with ~1 day in need of 68 Lobster to reach 10.  Not 1 Lobster pool in sight.  Usually I have mostly Lobster, now that I NEED them I can't even get 1. I know as soon as I finally get a pool open and get the boat back it will drop me down to like 10 minutes and I can get past Lobster but it does me no good when I know I need to carry 14pps to get to the last hard work reward. Needless to say I have pretty much given up at this point.  Just going to let Lobster run it's course and get whatever prizes it gives me. 
    With the current set up is really hard to get the top prizes (aka GML): pools are not always there (I haven't seen a sword fish one in over 3 days,  I keep getting lobsters and tuna. I had to skip with gold several times and there the best fishes to the +1); the time the silo is running at a certain speed are too long for this +1 setup. All in all is frustrating and not really working. Too many variables outside your own control. Completely different to the normal hwe, where you can control much better what to harvest when.
  • Corvid (GB1)Corvid (GB1) GB1 Posts: 625
    that's very simplistic, no amount of planning or effort will necessarily get you the fish type you want/need

two days of lobsters, with pools being continuously emptied, isnt particularly unusual

you are correct in what you need to do to make pools spawn, what that actually does for your event is an entirely different thing

i cant think of one event they've improved (there may be one, but i certainly can't bring it to mind)

i can make a list of the ones they've ruined and for me personally there are no longer any events i actually like

while i recognise it's a business that's there to make money via micro transactions for the most part, the words enjoyable, fun, interesting should still resonate with players while playing the game

there is no fun in this anymore, ggs has managed to suck the life out of the game since they nerfed the dockyard (which, ironically, was the one new addition that really was a boon to the game when first implemented)  - im not a big gold spender but i bought more gold in the months the original dockyard was in place (about 3 months?) than all rest of my time on big farm rolled together... cos it was fun, made the wider game fun, more interesting; but with every change ggs bring in to 'spice things up' (translate that as reduce chances to win GMLs), the more bland the game gets

• Anytime I see the word re-balance, I cringe.
  • farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    Anytime I see the word re-balance, I cringe.
     For me it's the word "update". animated-frightened-smiley-image-0019 
  • If you can empty a pool or 2 with in the 24 hour period the pool resets with a new set of fish to catch. After some planning & effort one can get the pools they need to do the event. Keep on Farming!!

You have to keep as many boats clearing pools as you can. The only boats I leave in port are ones with the next two types of fish already caught. I'm in the same boat though, except I'm stuck at 9/per on shrimp.... Having to sacrifice caught fish to use those boats to clear more pools. It is a ridiculous set-up, I must admit.

PS: I just sparkled the one boat I saw on your lobster pool. :)
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    edited 19.04.2018
    i cant think of one event they've improved (there may be one, but i certainly can't bring it to mind)

i can make a list of the ones they've ruined and for me personally there are no longer any events i actually like

while i recognise it's a business that's there to make money via micro transactions for the most part, the words enjoyable, fun, interesting should still resonate with players while playing the game

there is no fun in this anymore, ggs has managed to suck the life out of the game since they nerfed the dockyard (which, ironically, was the one new addition that really was a boon to the game when first implemented)  - im not a big gold spender but i bought more gold in the months the original dockyard was in place (about 3 months?) than all rest of my time on big farm rolled together... cos it was fun, made the wider game fun, more interesting; but with every change ggs bring in to 'spice things up' (translate that as reduce chances to win GMLs), the more bland the game gets

I think this FHWE has done it for me once and for all. I enjoyed a certain amount of satisfaction in finally being able to achieve something and finish an event. There is something very wrong with a HWE of this type if you can keep each and every crate filling at 9 pts/sec and still not being close to finishing. There is "rebalancing" and then there is "killing off an event that everyone enjoyed."
    Post edited by artful (US1) on

You have to keep as many boats clearing pools as you can. The only boats I leave in port are ones with the next two types of fish already caught. I'm in the same boat though, except I'm stuck at 9/per on shrimp.... Having to sacrifice caught fish to use those boats to clear more pools. It is a ridiculous set-up, I must admit.

PS: I just sparkled the one boat I saw on your lobster pool. :)
    @amaprincess1 (US1)  Thank you very much for the sparkle!   Yes, I gave up last night and left it alone after sending ALL my boats out time after time on short trips to clear pools for a day and a half and woke up this morning to find one Lobster pool.  I cleared a few boats not in my lineup and sent one for the Lobster and the rest of the unneeded boats out for the fish in my lineup and of course kept the boats with fish I need.  I know I won't get the 50th prize or even the GML at this point.  I have decided to treat this event the same as several of the other unattainable without gold events - simply ignore it or get what I get without losing sleep.  : )

I just find it very odd that the majority of my pools are always Lobster but now that I need them I had to jump through hoops to try and get just one. 
    i dont know about the original dev team for this game - but the currrent dev team seem incapable of serving up a fun game, unless they're totally hamstrung by the 'squeeze players for gold' mentality that is ever present like a bad smell for a long time now

for all of mr hunters carefully chosen words - the bottom line is the game from a player point of view is falling apart

not only will newer players in general not stay the course, established players will leave, as has been the case with the former and latter for what? a year now?

when we say fun, it seems ggs think we mean easy - when in fact we mean fun, and part of that is due reward for a good effort etc (which they've totally turned their back on)

when ggs say challenging, they dont mean that at all, they mean 'unless you gold your butt off' this is not attainable - which is kinda of ironic cos the easiest thing to do in this game is gold everything, its simple, its easy, you can remove a large measure of any effort involved by throwing it around

which highlights an overwhelming sense of a lack of honesty when members of the team talk about game changes to long running events that previously players have been happy with (putting bugs etc aside) and it's kind of insulting our intelligence with the pap that's been said lately regarding all the hw events - we're adults, we're not dumb, it's obvious they've been fine tuning that part of the game to reduce gold won (plus other game valuable items) and hone them to extract as much gold as possible from players, the fact they've ruined them in the process seems not to factor into their thinking
  • rsny (US1)rsny (US1) US1 Posts: 2,294
    I have given up on trying to get a gold mining license.   I am going to let my present item run out and if I happen to catch the right fish it can run for however long it wants..  There is nothing worth while for me to try to get anymore.

I Spent 2 days catching oysters for what?  A bunch of stuff I can make anytime I want.
      No more fish hard worker event for me.
  • they are a greedy bunch!
  • It is practically impossible to get the GML's and have a life at the same time with the new change. They are changing the regular event, too. Both now require almost 4 million points to get ONE license. Top 50? Only for the deepest of pockets now.
  • buddy194 (US1)buddy194 (US1) US1 Posts: 382
    As far as I can tell there are at least 2 things going on to generate pools , firstly there is a random(ish) chance .But also, for a certain time period, 1 type of pool is more likely to appear , think of it as a fishing   "season". This time period varies  , but is long for lobsters , 8-10 hours or more . It is short for shellfish, maybe 2-3 hours .The more pools you can empty in this period, the more likely you are to get more shellfish pools . If you send 1 boat to fish out your shellfish pool, chances are that the "season" will have ended , and the next type of pool is more likely . I use 3 boats with fishing gear to empty pools very fast, and normally get more shellfish pools. 
    No guarantee, but it works well for me, if you get a shellfish pool, empty it quick, and as many others as you can.

@garybaldy (GB1)  is right, at least as far as the playing goes. 

First off, my fleet is completely built up - I'm sure things are MUCH different if you're still trying to build your fleet up.  There are things I can do that just wouldn't work for others. I make $30 million a day with deep sea fishing. That number varies over a range of probably $25-$35 million on any given day.

My philosophy is more pools = more fish = more money.  So, except for overnight, I'm ALWAYS fishing out the pools in the shortest time possible. I pay no attention to the cost of crew because it's a rather small percentage of the total money made.

If I need more clams/oysters/shrimp, I simply keep fishing out other pools until I get a couple of those pools.  Doing that, I've noticed the same thing Garybaldy did - there's a fair spread of randomness, but there's also a spread where you get more lobsters for a while, then more shrimp pools for a bit, then more tuna/herring pools.

It's frustrating that shrimp/clam/oyster pools are so scarce since you virtually CANNOT sell to the market without them. However, after getting a sense of how many of the other fish are required in any given market contract, I now regularly sell my excess of those fish directly.  Lower prices, sure, but it's still millions per sale.
  • dchen1 (US1)dchen1 (US1) US1 Posts: 993
    There is no such thing as upgrading fish pools to make more fish available.  
    There is no such thing as bait that attracts the fish you need into a new pool.  

• Yep........they did exactly what we figured they'd do...........NERFED it for normal regular players and fixed it up for the golden children.........I figured a good thing wouldn't last too long..........Thanks for the memories, GGS!
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    edited 20.04.2018
    There is no such thing as upgrading fish pools to make more fish available.  
    There is no such thing as bait that attracts the fish you need into a new pool.  

I am afraid you are mistaken if you are able to fish out, empty the pool fast enough the next time it spawns it is usually with more fish ;) I have been able to bring my shell fish pools up to almost double what they use  to be :) 
    There is a 20% chance of getting a new pool of fish each time a pool is emptied.
  • Jan50 (NL1)Jan50 (NL1) NL1 Posts: 13
    It is impossible to reach price 49 at the HWE-fishing. The event is 72 hours x 3600 seconds = 259.200 sec. Even if you run all the 72 hours on lvl 10, you still cannot reach the end. You have to play with at least 4-6 points extra every second. And that is depending on the type of fish.
    If this goes along, I won't play this events no longer and I don't know if I even want to keep on playing with guys who only have $-signs in their eyes and completely lost the fun we should have playing this.
  • eshalia (US1)eshalia (US1) US1 Posts: 5
    Thank you GGS for removing the possibility of earning gold licences from the FHWE.  Now we can all stop playing with gold - from any source- and build our farms the hard way - WITHOUT USING ANY GOLD.  I for one will embrace this new philosophy and save my cash for other games.
  • My Fishing HW Silo has been at +10 the entire time and I'm not going to get all the prizes...?

Actually going to come up 5 Prizes short...?

Now does THAT make any sense...?

What the heck kinda dang math is THAT GGS-BF...?

Are you serious...?

Duped again.  >:- (

Shame - Shame - SHAME !
  • bulubla (INT1)bulubla (INT1) INT1 Posts: 99
    GLASSARMS GAME STUDIOS,
    Everything they touch they break
    Oh McGoo you've done it again
  • HappyEd1 (US1)HappyEd1 (US1) US1 Posts: 36
    Should the wrong number of prices be fixed by now?

Because it is fixed for me, but I have still coopmembers reporting they have only 30 prices visible.

side note, any reason support is so slow lately?
    It takes more then a week to get a reply while a couple months ago it was 24-48 hours....
    Don't know about the prizes, but the time for reply's?  Easy, with all the disinprovement's and bugs, there are just too many ticket's to reply too. No way to keep up. What a shame, what a fiasco!
  • Please put the FHWE back to the original version

no one likes this change

• MRG1 (US1)MRG1 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,554
    edited 21.04.2018

Please put the FHWE back to the original version

no one likes this change

But I won Cat charms for being in the top 100!  LOL  A far cry from the 2 GMLs I usually got.
    Don't remember the exact number of points but more than double the 1.2 million points needed in the previous version for the 2 GMLs
    Post edited by MRG1 (US1) on
  • dchen1 (US1)dchen1 (US1) US1 Posts: 993
    edited 21.04.2018
    Well I don't even know where the first item is to be found or how to get it. I click the show me arrow, send boats to that spot, and nothing.  Not a single one since it started.

I really don't care much for the whole fishing thing.   BTW….. what exactly is the chum used for?
    Shrimp chum for example.  Is it made FROM shrimp?  Or used to catch MORE shrimp?
    Doesn't seem to do anything.  And as usual, the game offers NO suggestions what so ever.

And please, no one bother sending me to pages that read like college courses with spread sheets and all that.  This is suppose to be a simple game.  

So I just keep sending boats, they catch a single shrimp for each trip.   Tried with and without a crew, no difference I can see.   Just boring.
    @Artmaker (GB1) When you equip your boat for a trip, if you look at the details below the equipment slots, you can workout exactly how many fish you are going get, before the boat even leaves.

The 3 main things to look at, are:
    • Storage - How many fish your boat can carry
    • Fish per hour - How many fish you catch in an hour
    • Fishing time - How long your boat will continue to fish

If you do not use any equipment (or crew) & the basic settings for your boat say that you will catch 2 fish per hour, and the fishing time is less than 1 hour, then you will only catch 1 fish.

To catch more fish, you can add crew (or chum) to increase the number of fish per hour or you can add crew to increase the amount of time that you spend fishing or a combination of both.

As you increase the amount of fish that you are going to catch, always keep an eye on your storage, to make sure that you have room to carry them all, if not, you can add freezers.

If you are sending your boat to a location that has more than one type of fish, it will catch equal quantities of each type, but if you only want to catch one type that is at that location, you can add the specific equipment for that type of fish (for example a bent rod for swordfish)

If you still have some empty equipment slots when your boat is ready to go, you can add some of the 3rd type of crew, which will reduce the travel time (to & from) the location & make your overall trip quicker.

There are several posts claiming that it is better to use extra crew instead of Chum, you can decide that for yourself, but Chum is profitable to sell & also produces seaweed as a bi-product, so it is worth making even if you do not use it for fishing.

That is just the basics, once you see how it works you can look at other things such as hazard protection & work out your own personal strategy. As your boats get better, they have higher basic settings & more slots, so you will be able to catch larger quantities of fish in one trip.
    No longer profitable to sell.  All chum is loss making.  Fish always sell for more directly than making it into chum.  
  • Big Beck (US1)Big Beck (US1) US1 Posts: 514
    I DO understand the fustration here. And yes, this is not an improvement - more likely the oppesite.

I am sure, that the mods are doing what they can, but there is only very little as they can do. Not need to take this out on the mods. (Whom are very fustrested as it is I am sure).

All we can do is to try to hope, that it will improve in time.
    Not taking it out on the Mods, but they are our line of communication to the guys in charge of this debacle.
    The game has gotten to the point where nothing seems to be worth it anymore.  I use to look forward to the FHWE and would not have minded THAT running back to back like the CCs.  All the events get harder by lower drop rates or increased items needed but the rewards have become much less desirable. 

I have scratched EVERY event off my to-do list now. I participate in the CCs simply to help my co-op with rep points for prizes but use no gold or resources. I also start the silo and one field of corn during the CHWE and after that if normal harvesting triggers the timer - great, if not - oh well.  

GGS adds all these events and then says we don't have to participate in all of them --- well GOOD because the rewards do not warrant playing in ANY of them anymore.  I was burnt out with trying to keep up with everything including the village and co-op projects.  From this point on I will go back to the basics and the way farming once was here and simply enjoy building up my farm, helping my co-op with projects, and helping with RPs from a non-gold and non-resource standpoint. 
Sign In to comment.