Home EN Bug Reporting & Technical Issues

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Wrong horse being selected to be challenged by others.

Comments

• Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    OK on the training part, but how would I manually select each time when I'm not even logged in?  Seems being challenged while I'm sleeping is something I have absolutely no control over.  Correct?  Or are there settings for that I missed?

As for the manually selecting part, all my horses get trained the same way.  Up ten points on each skill then breed.  It's not like I get one real high in racing, one in jumping and like that.  I don't.  So shouldn't matter then right?  When I'm doing the challenging it's always my top horse that goes.  Same horse since I only have one top horse.  

It's late… not sure Im making sense here.  
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    edited 19.04.2018
    OK on the training part, but how would I manually select each time when I'm not even logged in?  Seems being challenged while I'm sleeping is something I have absolutely no control over.  Correct?  Or are there settings for that I missed?

As for the manually selecting part, all my horses get trained the same way.  Up ten points on each skill then breed.  It's not like I get one real high in racing, one in jumping and like that.  I don't.  So shouldn't matter then right?  When I'm doing the challenging it's always my top horse that goes.  Same horse since I only have one top horse.  

It's late… not sure Im making sense here.  
    To select manually:

1-click on the horse transporter
    2-click on Tournament Preparation tab
    3-select the horse you want for each of the tournament categories
    4-Make sure the box "Select the horse for each discipling automatically" is UNCHECKED.

You don't have to do this each race. The settings should stay put (although it's a good idea to check them now and then.)
    Post edited by artful (US1) on
    Ok, I see how to do that now. Thanks.

BUT again, my top horse is my top in all three.  I never saw any advantage in training one higher in any one skill.  They go up by ten, breed, repeat.  So the top horse is the top in everything.  Now if only I could prevent the others from being bullied while I'm not even playing.  

Be nice if we had a breeding farm, (off limits to racing, just training and breeding.)  And one for the all out racers.   

Guess I'll just keep doing what I've been doing.
    Ok, I see how to do that now. Thanks.

BUT again, my top horse is my top in all three.  I never saw any advantage in training one higher in any one skill.  They go up by ten, breed, repeat.  So the top horse is the top in everything.  Now if only I could prevent the others from being bullied while I'm not even playing.  

Be nice if we had a breeding farm, (off limits to racing, just training and breeding.)  And one for the all out racers.   

Guess I'll just keep doing what I've been doing.
    If you follow the steps above, your other horses will not be "bullied" while you're asleep. Only the horse you designated will be challenged.
    OH yea?????   Ok, will try it.  I'll watch the reports for a few days and post back.

Awesome…. thanks again.
  • qewt (US1)qewt (US1) US1 Posts: 161
    this thread was helpful for me too, thank you artful, artmaker, and white_doves.
    this thread was helpful for me too, thank you artful, artmaker, and white_doves.
    Good deal!
    Good deal!
    OH ARTFUL…. this works out GREAT!!!!!  THANK YOU so much.   <3
    I went and fixed all three farms now.   And already I noticed I'm moving up in ranks faster than before.  
    Very cool.   
    Good deal!
    OH ARTFUL…. this works out GREAT!!!!!  THANK YOU so much.   <3
    I went and fixed all three farms now.   And already I noticed I'm moving up in ranks faster than before.  
    Very cool.   
    Cool beans. Keeping up with the Forum can be a pain, but the stuff you learn can come in handy! :)
  • Bufo (AU1)Bufo (AU1) AU1 Posts: 167
    If you send your champion to the Cooperative Horse Meadow, it will be unselected when it is successfully trained.  Horse #1 will be selected in its place :frowning:

So make sure that you go back to the Tournament Preparation tab to re-select your champion :smile:
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    Ok, I have right now only two horses.   A level 70 and one still in training at 64.
    This time around, since before this season even started, I am making sure number 2 there, my 64 guy is always in training.
    So how is it when I view the reports I keep seeing him losing?   I SHOULD only have one available horse to race right?  The level 70 one.  The other is BUSY TRAINING so why do I keep seeing him in the reports?   (Besides the fact I have it set to always take the best horse.)   Still… isn't one in training unavailable to race?

What am I missing here?
     "Select best horse" has never worked properly. Uncheck the check box and then go to each discipline and select the best horse yourself. You should find this works ok.   :¬)
  • Why does my horse racing choose the wrong horse, I have chosen the horse I want, the box that allows the game to choose the horse it wants is unchecked, yet it constantly chooses the incorrect horse, both when I am challenged and when I try to race.

• shazamd (US1)shazamd (US1) US1 Posts: 766
    If the checked horse is in a training session, it can't be used in a competition, so the system selects the next best horse. I don't know if that's the case here, but that is one possibility.
  • Well that is not true either because the horse that was not supposed to be chosen, pictured in the first photo was the one in training, the one that is pictured in the second photo has not been in training for months.  So it not only chose a choice that I didn't indicate but chose a horse that was in training
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    Each race you should select the horse you want to use. Do not use the pre You have no choice when it comes to others challenging you. Do not use the pre select option for your horse as it does not work.
  • GoldenrodFarm (US1)GoldenrodFarm (US1) Posts: 311
    edited 17.07.2018
    That is the problem with my game too,  it is not using the horse I select no matter what I do, even if the only other horse is in training.  Is this another long term bug in the game?  I never heard it mentioned before and it always worked before now because I check on races I was not present for and they have been correct.
    Post edited by GoldenrodFarm (US1) on
  • humpty (AU1)humpty (AU1) AU1 Posts: 16
    Despite having my 'best horse' for each discipline selected i'm regularly disappointed to see that a lower horse has some how been challenged... and all those precious comp points lost!!

I'm aware that my best horse can't compete while training, but it hasn't always been an issue when challenged..or has that been a matter of timing? Is this a glitch..a bug or me simply not understanding what happens when my best horse is in training?

:| 
    Unselect "best horse for each challenge," and manually select the horse you want to compete in each category.  Not a glitch, but it doesn't work as it should.  And, yes, your horse can be challenged when in training.
  • humpty (AU1)humpty (AU1) AU1 Posts: 16
    I will do that straight away...thank you very much :)))
     B) 
  • WascallyWabbit (FormerMod)WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) Guest Posts: 6,097
    edited 16.07.2019
    @humpty (AU1) Just to clarify, as you can see from this thread, this bug has been around for a long time & does appear to happen when your top horse is in training & the auto select is switched on, but the devs assure us that it is just a display error & even though it shows a lower level horse on the challenge, it is actually your top horse that competes.

There is some evidence to support that claim, we have seen screenshots of some challenge results, where it shows a level 0 horse with an 80% chance of winning, which would be the correct % for the top horse.
    Started this morning. When I go to start a challenge in the Horse Tournament, it automatically selects the wrong horse for me, and always the one that's in training.

This is not the known issue where this happens when you set it to "select the best horse."

As you can see, I have the horse selected that I want to use. Have done from the very first day. Always check my settings before each tournament.  Even reset them after this issue.

Have never had a problem until this morning.  Any suggestions?  Thanks!

Tried it again with no horses in training, and again, it selected the wrong one. What's going on here?
    edited 19.07.2019
    ok It's not just me that is having this trouble with their *horse selections not taking. So I have been manually selecting the correct horse I wish to use to challenge fellow horses for each one.
    So yes it does seem to be another or the same bug there.
    Post edited by Data King (US1) on
    ok It's not just me that is having this trouble with their hose selections not taking. So I have been manually selecting the correct horse I wish to use to challenge fellow horses for each one.
    So yes it does seem to be another or the same bug there.
    Thank goodness. Thought I was losing it. Another new bug crops up. *sigh*  My worry is that that those who challenge us aren't challenging the right horse.  Mods, please look into this.
     :)
     We have never been able to control who challenges us or which horse they choose to challenge with. If used right one can win a lot of challenges against others because of this.
     Heck one can even get challenged while training :(
     I haven't been able to double check if a horse in the horse meadow can be challenged while being in the meadow yet, but won't doubt it :(
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    A horse in the Meadow can defo be challenged. (A good thing for me cos' my top show jumper is in there)
    Bug still here.
    anyone else?  anyone have any suggestions?

• Dolphin (AU1)Dolphin (AU1) AU1 Posts: 117
    Do you happen to have that horse in training?
    If you do then it does select another horse.
    I also found with mine if it had finished training it still did not go back to it automatically I had to put it back there again.

Sign In to comment.