Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update April 17th - A new Grove, a Flag and a lot of Kittie Cats! - Discussion

Comments

• IceeMimi (US1)IceeMimi (US1) US1 Posts: 137

I play to earn the gold certificates. Now they have the one near the end for over 3 mil points along with the same amount of days the normal FHWE took. Sorry, not spending gold to gain a gold certificate. Just because you stuck an extra point thief at the top of the clock does not mean you can quick change or as you call it, "slight rebalance" the item and say the reason behind the raise in points is due to this item at the top. Detach the item from my counter and give me back the old ways. take down the lame prizes and give us a few useful prizes along with our gold certs. Every single thing you do now is connected to needing gold. Seriously, I will not buy gold ever and I do no care if it takes me ten years what it take another ten minutes simply because they want to buy their way to the top. Seriously? I realize you need to make a bit of coin, but come on. There is common sense, then there is greed.

• SuzyQ22 (US1)SuzyQ22 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,475
    For all those of you who keep worrying so much (and gees, posting HUGE long spreadsheets of rewards.)

Best advice for everyone,   keep your life simple.   
    I sent the boats after what ever the event is asking for, IF I actually have it available.  (Two of my farms don't.)
    They get what they get.    I get what ever I get and am happy. 
    I go about my day, all is well in the world.

I will NOT turn into this over this silly (once upon a time relaxing) game.

You can make all the fun you want out of this, except that in the hopes that GGS WILL FIX something for once they will need to know what went wrong and where.  So, as you so eloquently put it, I am not frantic at a keyboard, just simply trying to figure out what went so wrong.  Just where in the heck am I supposed to be in this game?  Huh, can you answer that?  Should I be in the 30 reward game as I started, or should I be in the 50 reward game as I was being given rewards for, although my silo showed me 30?

I started out getting the rewards for 30, then it changed to giving me 50 yet still showed 30.  Now shows 50 and of course still getting those rewards for 50.  I guess for GGS all is well with the world.  I really don't appreciate when people decide it is okay to make fun of others when we are all here for a good reason, which happens to be trying to get some help from that far away Universe OF GGS.
    Again silent from every brave soul( mods & cm) :wink:
    Sadly, I think they are victims of GGS, and have no idea why they even try.  Every time GGS does something, they put these very nice people into the line of fire.   Why can't GGS do something good and right for once? 
  • dchen1 (US1)dchen1 (US1) US1 Posts: 993
    The new Olive orchard appears to take less liquid fertz to start it.
    Takes either WCC coins or gold to upgrade.
    1st upgrade is 2900 coins or 51,900 gold.

The space saving is nice, but the upgrade cost is prohibitive.
    Did you see mobile harvest, the developers planned wisely.  All building sizes are multiples of 3, no more off by 1 placements or difficult building plans.  
  • Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    For all those of you who keep worrying so much (and gees, posting HUGE long spreadsheets of rewards.)

I sent the boats after what ever the event is asking for, IF I actually have it available.  (Two of my farms don't.)

You can make all the fun you want out of this, except that in the hopes that GGS WILL FIX something for once they will need to know what went wrong and where.  So, as you so eloquently put it, I am not frantic at a keyboard, just simply trying to figure out what went so wrong.  Just where in the heck am I supposed to be in this game?  Huh, can you answer that?  Should I be in the 30 reward game as I started, or should I be in the 50 reward game as I was being given rewards for, although my silo showed me 30?

I started out getting the rewards for 30, then it changed to giving me 50 yet still showed 30.  Now shows 50 and of course still getting those rewards for 50.  I guess for GGS all is well with the world.  I really don't appreciate when people decide it is okay to make fun of others when we are all here for a good reason, which happens to be trying to get some help from that far away Universe OF GGS.
    Hopes that GGS will fix something????  When will that happen?   Roll out something buggy and horribly off with the math…. then MAYBE "hot fix" it later.  Maybe WAY later.   Give us some lame low level deco as compensation.  That's how it works here.  

Not trying to make fun of players.  I am aware that some people just love to reverse engineer these games and come up with spread sheets of every point everywhere.  For those who enjoy that fine.  Go for it.
    But it's not my idea of a relaxing silly click fest game.  I wish everything were spelled out right in game. But they don't do that.  I'm probably missing out on a lot of stuff I just don't even know is there.  I just don't have the patience to fiddle around in the forums digging for how stuff works that SHOULD be in the info link for every single thing in this game.  It's not.  So stuff I don't get, I just don't do.  

My point with my post is not to sweat what reward you once got vs what your getting now.  yea GG cheapened out.  They do that a lot.  (Remember the deep sea fishing when we could sell fish and actually make profit?  Oh can't have that, poof gone.  Rolled it back out after how many pages of complaints?  But at a diminished rate.)  
    So this is what we have.    I play accordingly.   Send out the ships, if a hard worker event is asking for something I MIGHT load a ship with supplies to catch more, and that's only IF I actually have a pool with needed items in it.   More often than not, one isn't even available.    
    I just send out ships, they get what they get.   If the HWE hands me some feed or something, great.  If not, whatever.  I got 10 bags of seaweed just for starting it.  
    Once in about two blue moons I actually can fill a big contract.  (Waited weeks to fill the last one. NO CLAMS to be found and every contract I had needed hundreds of them.)  

So they won't make this an easy game by any means.  They WANT you to drop money to push things alone.
    I have endless patience for things that just take forever.   It may be many years before I buy up all the land available.  Or never.  Doesn't matter.  This is not a high priority to me.  And when they make it too stupid, too expensive, or rewards that are an insult, I just ignore it.    The entire coop village is a waste of effort.  Ignore.  Easy.

Hopes that GGS will fix something????  When will that happen?   Roll out something buggy and horribly off with the math…. then MAYBE "hot fix" it later.  Maybe WAY later.   Give us some lame low level deco as compensation.  That's how it works here.  

Not trying to make fun of players.  I am aware that some people just love to reverse engineer these games and come up with spread sheets of every point everywhere.  For those who enjoy that fine.  Go for it.
    But it's not my idea of a relaxing silly click fest game.  I wish everything were spelled out right in game. But they don't do that.  I'm probably missing out on a lot of stuff I just don't even know is there.  I just don't have the patience to fiddle around in the forums digging for how stuff works that SHOULD be in the info link for every single thing in this game.  It's not.  So stuff I don't get, I just don't do.  

My point with my post is not to sweat what reward you once got vs what your getting now.  yea GG cheapened out.  They do that a lot.  (Remember the deep sea fishing when we could sell fish and actually make profit?  Oh can't have that, poof gone.  Rolled it back out after how many pages of complaints?  But at a diminished rate.)  
    So this is what we have.    I play accordingly.   Send out the ships, if a hard worker event is asking for something I MIGHT load a ship with supplies to catch more, and that's only IF I actually have a pool with needed items in it.   More often than not, one isn't even available.    
    I just send out ships, they get what they get.   If the HWE hands me some feed or something, great.  If not, whatever.  I got 10 bags of seaweed just for starting it.  
    Once in about two blue moons I actually can fill a big contract.  (Waited weeks to fill the last one. NO CLAMS to be found and every contract I had needed hundreds of them.)  

So they won't make this an easy game by any means.  They WANT you to drop money to push things alone.
    I have endless patience for things that just take forever.   It may be many years before I buy up all the land available.  Or never.  Doesn't matter.  This is not a high priority to me.  And when they make it too stupid, too expensive, or rewards that are an insult, I just ignore it.    The entire coop village is a waste of effort.  Ignore.  Easy.
    No ones post regarding this FHWE had anything to do with all the spreadsheets out there.  Mine is about the issues I am still having with this FHWE.  You did make fun of players and it wasn't cool of you.  I actually expected more from you than what you did in your having fun.  You are usually better than that, at least I thought you were.

I have never played the FHWE, or done any fishing after the first time.  I wasn't interested in doing it in the least bit.  So many say fishing is where the money is, FHWE is the game to play, not the regular HWE.  So, I decided I would buy those silly boats, send some out and see what happens and what do I get, a bunch of idiotic missteps by GGS once again.  

I agree they won't fix anything, but I also see that Golden Goose who laid that Golden Egg will disappear right before there eyes, just like this game is slowly being diminished by them.  Soon, it will disappear too, because that Golden Goose has had enough of low level feed returned for all it's hard work.  Suzy!
  • Surya54 (INT1)Surya54 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 507
    Just my opinion: Try to build your farm with your own ability and treat all rewards you could earn as a bonus to develop your farm faster. If your treat the rewards as a goal, then you make a huge mistake. I've already seen many people, again, and again, treat them as a goal. Then, if it's unreachable, even only one time, they're out of rage. Even worse, they leave.
    edited 19.04.2018
    Just my opinion: Try to build your farm with your own ability and treat all rewards you could earn as a bonus to develop your farm faster. If your treat the rewards as a goal, then you make a huge mistake. I've already seen many people, again, and again, treat them as a goal. Then, if it's unreachable, even only one time, they're out of rage. Even worse, they leave.
    I get that, really completely and wholly.

My issue is not in the end the specific reward.  It is what was I supposed to be really playing?  The 30, or the 50?  Once again the missteps of GGS has caused a lot of confusion, not just for myself but for many others as well.  My complaint is not about the specific rewards.  It is about the game not operating correctly once again, because of GGS's inability to care enough to make sure the game works as it is supposed to work.  Suzy!
  • Pameow (AU1)Pameow (AU1) AU1 Posts: 266

What a shame there is no dislike the post button to push. You do exactly what you like and I for one will appreciate you not shoving your play style down my throat, acting like your the authority and your way  is the only correct way to do things.

Some people post data sets, others post (arguably clever clogs) animations. Others just post their opinions. Posts are what forums are.

On the topic...Now GGS have demonstrated they can actually code one click water all trees and, as a side effect, they have also demonstrated their absolute contempt for the players.

• Rocky123 (IN1)Rocky123 (IN1) IN1 Posts: 627

Well said :)
    Started to do that these days :)
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    Is anyone else annoyed they are still offering WWC points as a reward in fishing hardworker when the event isn't even running? A few words came to mind when I saw it, the first one starting with the letter F......maybe the constant run of disappointing updates (downgrades) is starting to get to me? 
  • mia111 (GB1)mia111 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 741
    Is anyone else annoyed they are still offering WWC points as a reward in fishing hardworker when the event isn't even running? A few words came to mind when I saw it, the first one starting with the letter F......maybe the constant run of disappointing updates (downgrades) is starting to get to me? 
    Not annoyed at all. Afterall they are extra stuff. I very much prefer them (the points)  to be there always than not to be when needed.

It seems that the next WCC will be starting next week (info gotten from Facebook story. Link in Twitter) so for example is nice that the island was started with WWC points even though when it started no WWC was running and I hope the weekly event start this Friday does have WWC points. 
  • CathyD (INT1)CathyD (INT1) INT1 Posts: 958
    Not annoyed at all. Afterall they are extra stuff. I very much prefer them (the points)  to be there always than not to be when needed.

It seems that the next WCC will be starting next week (info gotten from Facebook story. Link in Twitter) so for example is nice that the island was started with WWC points even though when it started no WWC was running and I hope the weekly event start this Friday does have WWC points. 
    I agree.  Easier for GGS to have the WWC points included in every event, instead of having to load up the proper events when the WWC is running.  
  • durbar (IN1)durbar (IN1) IN1 Posts: 138
    I joined a new coop. It was facing a challenge and a counter-challenge. My contributions did not add up.

My new coop won the counter challenge. The defeated coop started a new counter-challenge. I was there when it was started.

But my contributions still did not add up.

I came back to my old coop. It was also playing a challenge and a counter-challenge when i left. When i returned, they were still continuing. But again my contributions are not showing up.

Why? Pls enlighten me. 
  • ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
    To me the new update to add bonus points to the hard worker events is a good update, it will make us think and play in a different manner to do well in these events. It is also good to see that they are trying to make it challenging for all player level groups.

One thing I think they can improve on is to spread out some gold rewards across the hard work rewards instead of putting them all at the end, that way the lower level players can work hard for a small amount too. Then there will be an incentive to be able to choose to work harder to get some extra gold, or take it a bit easier and still get a smaller amount. Also the amount of gold that can be collected in the event is a bit disappointing, it is hard very hard to get the one gold mining license and I am not sure if it is even consistently possible without gold. I have 14 level 6 trawlers and I will not make it there, I will try to make it in the future but this still gives an idea of how difficult it is to get that reward. But apart from that I would say that it is a good event overall.
  • JustMe (US1)JustMe (US1) US1 Posts: 491
    spreading out some higher end rewards through out makes getting lobster cages and WWC rewards bearable a reward or prize should be commensurate with our efforts - at this point i would much rather see karma fusho tokens and water drops than what is being given out as a "prize"

the numbers just don't work in this new "fun" and "adjusted" DSF HWE  there has been no "fun" what-so-ever - it all appears to be a punishment to existing players with numbers drawn out of a hat - there is no rhyme or reason for this debacle - the average player should feel a sense of satisfaction and accomplishment even if they did not receive the top few prizes - and that is not  happening

trying not to be completely negative but seeing the new olive grove price and upgrade prices makes it as useful as the gold button on the co-op tree

GGS you have your priorities completely screwed up - regardless that the mobile game and this game are under different dev/management teams -  how come they appear (by reports) to be getting things right and this older much more "established"(?) team is failing?

just an FYI regarding glitches the side tasks (for me) are not being recognized herring was my "new" fish about 1.5  hours ago had enough to go immediately to 10 which is at least 300+ and the side task still remains as unfilled  - have rebooted and cleared cache .. just saying... 

this forum should be for TIMELY responses for people like @SuzyQ22 even if you don't have the answers (silence is BAD!) nor should she be put down by (some) players for trying to work through those issues through the forum because the new wave of tech support is volunteer-ism of users through forums rather than companies actually having tech support available -(it tends to be more accurate/detailed and certainly faster in most cases too)

on a more positive note the organic market is finally seeing some more appropriate payouts than what it has been for the last 7-8 months - at least for me
  • Xcution (INT1)Xcution (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,183
    Hey to get that st**y gml one need to get first hit 10 pps then skip it then again then skip until or unless u waste more then gold 4k approx to skip a crate then u can get a gml worthless2000 gol
  • Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495

What a shame there is no dislike the post button to push. You do exactly what you like and I for one will appreciate you not shoving your play style down my throat, acting like your the authority and your way  is the only correct way to do things.

Some people post data sets, others post (arguably clever clogs) animations. Others just post their opinions. Posts are what forums are.

On the topic...Now GGS have demonstrated they can actually code one click water all trees and, as a side effect, they have also demonstrated their absolute contempt for the players.

NO ONE is "shoving anything down your throat."    Gees…. 

YOUR words here…. "Others just post their opinions. Posts are what forums are."
    So my opinion.   No one is forcing it onto you.   I do find it somewhat comical just how intense people get over "rewards."   This is just a game.  If GG decides to cut back on "rewards" they can do that.  How you handle it is up to you.  I posted how I do.   If you don't care to play that way fine.   I just meant to say this isn't how I play.   I get what ever "rewards" the game gives and won't make a full time job out of this.   How is that "forcing" anything onto you.

Gees grow a skin will ya?   
  • The bonus points for doing max points per second is not fair! Some are getting 3 bonus points...I am only getting 1 bonus point! at this rate doing max with bonus of 1, for the entire time of HWE is impossible to get to 3,000,000!  How do they decide how many bonus point to give everyone, or does any one know how to get more bonus points? And one cannot always do max due to not having enough of fish being asked for, due to them not making enough holes available to fish for the fish they are asking for! I really try not to stress about this game and just do what I can, however the HWE was always one I really liked to participate in, and always looked forward to it. Why are they continuing to ruin everything?
  • Fawners (US1)Fawners (US1) US1 Posts: 436

No ones post regarding this FHWE had anything to do with all the spreadsheets out there.  Mine is about the issues I am still having with this FHWE.  You did make fun of players and it wasn't cool of you.  I actually expected more from you than what you did in your having fun.  You are usually better than that, at least I thought you were.

I have never played the FHWE, or done any fishing after the first time.  I wasn't interested in doing it in the least bit.  So many say fishing is where the money is, FHWE is the game to play, not the regular HWE.  So, I decided I would buy those silly boats, send some out and see what happens and what do I get, a bunch of idiotic missteps by GGS once again.  

I agree they won't fix anything, but I also see that Golden Goose who laid that Golden Egg will disappear right before there eyes, just like this game is slowly being diminished by them.  Soon, it will disappear too, because that Golden Goose has had enough of low level feed returned for all it's hard work.  Suzy!
    Why in the world is someone Flagging @SuzyQ22 (US1)?  Everyone is entitled to their opinion.  You must have nothing better to do I suppose?
  • No, you can get more than 10 pts per second....I have a bonus of 3 which gives me currently 13 pt per second.  So the trick is to bet those bonus points.  The bonus points last for the duration of the event.  This is the way it is in the CHWE also.

How did you get 3? I am only getting 1
  • mia111 (GB1)mia111 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 741
    No, you can get more than 10 pts per second....I have a bonus of 3 which gives me currently 13 pt per second.  So the trick is to bet those bonus points.  The bonus points last for the duration of the event.  This is the way it is in the CHWE also.

How did you get 3? I am only getting 1
    Every time that you reach gauge level 10 with a new crate you get +1 points. So you want to reach as many as possible gauge level 10 in as many as possible crates as fast as possible. Which specially for the FHWE is not as easy...
  • JustMe (US1)JustMe (US1) US1 Posts: 491
    who under God's green earth is flagging @SuzyQ22 (US1) for crying out loud...

• Shay1968 (US1)Shay1968 (US1) Posts: 1,324
    Every one is all upset (and that's ok) and flagging posts (which is not ok unless their is a personal attack or vulgarity) while GGS is completely oblivious to how badly they are ruining the events (greed seems to have GGS in its grips at the moment, let's hope they can break free very soon). 

Always remember: it is ok to DISagree with a post but please do not DIS the members or moderators. Everyone has a right to their own opinion .... no matter how off we feel it is.  If you feel the need to disagree, please do it constructively (facts and examples help drastically). 

• Seeker1 (US1)Seeker1 (US1) US1 Posts: 571
    edited 19.04.2018
    @Pameow (AU1)  @Artmaker (GB1)
    Artmaker (GB1) said:

Gees grow a skin will ya?   

Hmmm...lets keep things polite and civil.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll

• I am pretty new to the game. It seems that I can make a lot of money deep sea fishing. I am in the hard worker event and feel great I've won a trawler I could not have bought due to level. I've won a few skipjacks that at the time I couldn't have built, again due to level of boatyard. I'm thankful for what prizes won simply because it's an enjoyable game and I'd play even if I didn't get rewards. It's a satisfying game.
    Thanks to all who make this game happen!
  • HappyEd1 (US1)HappyEd1 (US1) US1 Posts: 36
    ??? are they joking?  What in the new update should give me cause for excitement?  5 gold for each tree? Maybe if I got 5 gold /tree to water them individually. And the new Fishing HW upgrade? Some upgrade, get less for more work. And even the goldies get less for less work- LOL!
  • Rocky123 (IN1)Rocky123 (IN1) IN1 Posts: 627
    edited 20.04.2018
    Hey to get that st**y gml one need to get first hit 10 pps then skip it then again then skip until or unless u waste more then gold 4k approx to skip a crate then u can get a gml worthless2000 gol
    Nope this is not true
    I will reach the GML reward in fishing HWE and i have skipped only 3 boxes till now worth 790 gold and didnt skip any boats , had fishes ready . Some more people in my league will too reach it .
    So its a profit of 1210 gold still but which is not a great amount i agree :( . U have to keep all kinds of fishes ready in boats and hope u have good amount of luck :) . Till now 6 bonus will get 2 more today and then run 9 or 10 pps in last box to reach the GML reward .

But the previous version of fhwe was more easy,gud  and i like it still but in this version too gmls are not impossible as i had thought earlier but needs a bit of planning.
    Post edited by Rocky123 (IN1) on
  • is it hard for a moderator too listen too all the worthwhile complaints and tell us u just have too grin and bare it or don't play! just wondering if u mods really like this game or play another too get away! do u find it hard too turn on your computer in the morning! what have they thrown us now!
  • Jeanette89 (SKN1)Jeanette89 (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 18
    Hard Fishing event .

I agree this was to easy to get, but the levels seems quite high. No one has been able to get all 50 gifts, even the most playing people.
    This is not fair competition, it should be so all had a change even if they don't want to use a lot of gold. Think the last levels needs to be adjusted,
    '

Sign In to comment.