Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Pirates

this is beeing discussed on the dutch part of the forum aswell

on the dutch server we have people taking over other peoples accounts 
support has been contacted and does notthing but give weird awnsers 
to the simple question plz look at the time a sertain account left our coop and the corresponding IP logged on at that time 
plz ban that IP
i get awnsers like we cant give private information of other people their accounts etc .....shortly a BS awnser as that was never asked 
sometimes i wonder is my english so bad or are they just so dumb 

so i advised my whole coop to make new saver passwords they themselves cant even remember and write it down using special caracters like $%^&
so i tried this my selv 
turns out we CANT use special caracters ????
so therefor never really make a real save password
and yet BF holds us responseble if our accounts are taken over 
how ironic 

soo BF PLZ PLZ make it so that we are able to use special caracters in our paswords  or just stop blaming us for accounts beeing taken over 
and just ban the person that is actually taking over peoples accounts 

Comments

• so i changed my PW using a nifty little programm called keepass 
    proffesional programmers use this for paswords aswell
    it generates a totally random password for you and saves it on your computer 
    you can set it to what caracters what it can an cannot use and also the number of caracters 
    if you need the pw open keepass ctrl+c on the program witch pw you want and just paste to were  they are asking for that pw 
    i can really recommend that to every1 
  • @guinevere919 (NL1) All very good advice & I hope that other coop leaders encourage their members to set secure passwords too. There is a thread on the forum that may also be helpful to you:

Account Security and Passwords: How To Stay Safe

It does not appear to have been translated into the Dutch thread, so if you or any of your members wish to do that, that would be great.

As for Support, don`t be too hard on them, it is very difficult to give a satisfactory response when you get into the area of privacy & account security, because there are laws about what they can reveal to 3rd parties, so you might ask what you think is a simple question & all they can say to you is that they cannot say anything. But they do take account security very seriously & they do investigate every case reported to them.
  • tnx wascally 
    i do hope they wil investigate this it really has already affected several players 
    i am afraid if these people get bored they wont just emty the accounts from gold and dollars  but might take it further 
    and delete stuff thats gold bought and i just dont wish that upon any1 

• hi here i am again 
    and yet an other1 has fallen victim to these pirates on our server 
    when wil BF support look into this problem and actually solve it?
  • hi here i am again 
    and yet an other1 has fallen victim to these pirates on our server 
    when wil BF support look into this problem and actually solve it?
    I hope they start taking it seriously, sadly the probably love the cost of gold to real players as all income to them and that is all they really care about.
  • droopy980 (NL1)droopy980 (NL1) NL1 Posts: 14

well just give bf the advice to check the coop called "zeldenraad"  because that seems to be the coop where all the stolen accounts move to.

one of our coopmembers changed her pasword but lost for second time her acc and i guess a lot of gold

so my question is how can a player defend himself against this robs

• guinevere919 (NL1)guinevere919 (NL1) NL1 Posts: 145
    edited 17.04.2018
    hi droopy :smiley:
    i have send a msg out to your coop leaders whit the advise to use the programm keepass
    i am using it myselv now too whit these things going on on our server 
    i kinda do not know yet what the max amount of caracters is we are allowed to use in our pw (20 are to many sadly)
    but download that programm set it to use capital lettering (pw's are case sensitive) normal lettering and numbers 
    and atleast 15 caracters long and let it make a pw for you 
    it wil generate1 safe it and than copy it 
    the programm wil allow to use ctrl+c (copy) if you highlight the name of the programm you want the pw for and you can just ctrl+V ,paste it into youre box were the pw for BF goes either when changing it and same when logging on 
    it is harder to explain in english offcourse but if you wish to try this programm you can always msg me ingame and ill try to help out as best i can 

only defence we seem to have so far is try to make really hard pw's as BF seems to think it is all the users their doings by setting too easy pw's or giving away account info 

but if you start to use keepass you wil see that even these pw's arent safe at all they are too short and special caracters are missing as were not allowed to use them 
    Post edited by guinevere919 (NL1) on
  • suus2005 (NL1)suus2005 (NL1) NL1 Posts: 80
    we have not any problems with stolen accounts so far and hope to keep it this way. Keepass seems to be a answer and I will let my coop know about this. Thanks for the tip. 
  • JustMe (US1)JustMe (US1) US1 Posts: 491
    edited 17.04.2018
    guinevere919 (NL1) 

just as an FYI banning an IP does virtually nothing and is not an effective way to prevent someone from logging in or having an account

my guess is for the people that are losing their accounts (and more than once) at such a higher than normal rate have most likely been infected with malware/viruses and/or are using outdated software (ie: flash, win XP etc.) that may be unrelated to this game where backdoors and infections can occur. There are tons of these type of infections going around off websites, skype, email, social media, downloads, blog sites, you name it...

I am wondering if it is localized to certain regions and servers 

Did any players "buy" from the recent gold scam that was going around about a month or so ago and is back circulating? 

some good programs to add to your arsenal are

Spyware Blaster - free sits in the background and blocks things BEFORE they hit your browser - just remember to update it every so often

Malwarebytes - free you do need to use it however not just ilet it sit on your computer -- will auto update before each scan - depending on your computer usage - scan frequently

Junkware removal Toolkit - JRT - free - you need to manually use it

Anti-Rootkit BETA from Malwarebytes - mbar - free - you need to manually use it

Antivirus programs (different from malware specific) - many free ones which are doing a better job of blocking malware - you still need to manually scan and not rely on the fact you just have it on your computer - WARNING DO NOT have more than one anti-virus programs installed at the same time 

ESET Online Scanner - free and no installation necessary so it will not conflict with pre-installed anti-virus - highly recommended

CCleaner - free cleans junk and temp files

Adobe Flash - Updating flash even though most browsers automatically update flash this is unreliable - per Adobe's own support the correct way to install a new version of flash is to first remove all traces of the previous version and use their removal/uninstaller tool and reboot your computer then install the latest flash for the various browsers . If you are using IE this is a separate installation even if you have flash installed. (This tool does not remove registry entries and I go the extra step but is not recommended for inexperienced  individuals)

ONE LAST NOTE: if you have been infected and use the feature "System Restore" this will have preserved the malware on your computer and most likely will re-infect you on a reboot. So if you discover an infection before cleaning stop the system restore feature, clean, reboot and then turn your system restore feature back on 
  • droopy980 (NL1)droopy980 (NL1) NL1 Posts: 14

for myself i don't have a problem at the moment since i change my pw frequently

but it's very sad for such a huge company like goodgame that their security is so weak and players almost don't recieve any help.

the player changed his pw also just like few others who's acc got stolen and all move to the same coop afterwards so in my opinion it can't be so difficult for bf to resolve this problem.

all goodgame need to do is investigate that coop we players don't want to know who is behind this all as i clearly understand there is something like privacy .

• guinevere919 (NL1)guinevere919 (NL1) NL1 Posts: 145
    edited 17.04.2018
    hi justme
    i have been server admin over an ut2004 server for over 10 years also a call of duty4 server for some time 
    and sinds the public on first person shooters are generally alot younger than in BF theres alot more cheating and abuse going on in those games 
    in time i have banned several players from those servers by banning their ip and it was always succesfull as they never came back 
    if they wanted to come back opologies were in order depending on the stuff they did wrong and ban could just as easy be lifted again 
    banning took 1 push of a button on a player name or id and they were gone 
    so i do not understand what the problem is whit BF 
    yes in a browser the coding is diffrent but having multiple games they could have anticipated this happening and on the back end of things make it so players are easy banned 

• JustMe (US1)JustMe (US1) US1 Posts: 491
    IP's are dynamic in most cases, signins from various networks, PC Bangs, coffee shops even MickeyD's etc and VPNs make this moot

I too have been an admin of game servers but it has been a long while ago - This did work back then but not anymore 

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file