Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Fabulous CC Rewards continue !!!

just simply awesome,marvellous,wonderful . Thank you GGS for listening to us ;)

I had a belief yesterday that GGS will make changes to cc rewards this time..hmmm..no words to appreciate the effort of the team behind these rewards,else i cud be flagged Abuse ;) 

It was said the system was loading the rewards on a rotation basis,yet the same bunch continues too..whatta fabulous system!

still i have a little hope,these will be changed..Will u do it GGS ? or gonna flag me abuse for asking this ? 

Thank you..

Comments

• rie22 (US1)rie22 (US1) US1 Posts: 361
    simply appalling GGS. Hats off again for not fixing the CC rewards....
  • Rocky123 (IN1)Rocky123 (IN1) IN1 Posts: 627
    edited 13.04.2018
    just simply awesome,marvellous,wonderful . Thank you GGS for listening to us ;)

I had a belief yesterday that GGS will make changes to cc rewards this time..hmmm..no words to appreciate the effort of the team behind these rewards,else i cud be flagged Abuse ;) 

It was said the system was loading the rewards on a rotation basis,yet the same bunch continues too..whatta fabulous system!

still i have a little hope,these will be changed..Will u do it GGS ? or gonna flag me abuse for asking this ? 

Thank you..
    U wont be flagged  ;)
    This thread will be merged with March 8 update thread and standard reply of mods(Your feedback will be passed on to the team) will be present once again :)
    I dont blame the mods here . They do their job good passing on our feedback but i dunno why the team doesnt care about giving priority to problems of players :(

A possible solution was posted for this long ago (The previous CC and CHWE rewards can be brought back until the automatic system is fixed ) .
    No complaints about the HWE rewards though ,they are good enough but CHWE and CC rewards are a complete joke.
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    Nobody in our coop is putting forth an effort ... only a few playing, and the scores are low... as low as morale.  We played the CCs for rewards and a little fun ... so much for that. :(

If they could change the HWE rewards, why not the CC'S?
  • Simply underwhelmed with the new and improved prize lineup.  I'm usually opening mystery boxes of all kinds, including bronze and silver full of seaweed items and tokens by now.  A regular mining license, feed and fertilizers that I can make myself every day?  Not even worth it to show up for Coop Challenges.  :-(
    Agree.
  • shali1 (US1)shali1 (US1) US1 Posts: 7
    just wrong, that's all
  • JustMe (US1)JustMe (US1) US1 Posts: 491
    wow a cash mining license? thanks donno when i last used one of them 
  • CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,226
    and let's not forget the 3 special barley seeds, a real winner there
  • koza (US1)koza (US1) US1 Posts: 1
    Don't like this game, I start demolishing my farm, is boring in my level over 400, same events , and prizes lol.
  • Shay1968 (US1)Shay1968 (US1) Posts: 1,324
    They take away gold mining licenses from CHWE as well as the mystery boxes that contain them and then spam my email with this: 

"We're in the gold rush.

You can get the highly sought-after gold mining license during tomorrow's Prime Day. The license lets you earn gold in your mine."

• didah (SKN1)didah (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 1,246
    Well, it can't surprise us any longer - GGS doesn't care - simple as that!

As I've said many times already, I'm not after the mods doing their job here..

BUT @CMHunter is not doing his very well (he probably does something, but besides dropping by here, now and then with a lame excuse) - I have very difficult seeing, what he does, of the things he says he does. 
    If he was on my team, he wouldn't be for long!

Do our complaints EVER reach the dev. team (or whoever is in charge) and how come nothing happens afterwards?

Try for once, showing the best side of yourself, and give us some answers - and stop the 'blah blah bla - we're sorry' blah blah bla 'it all happened automatic' blah blah blah, we're doing the best we can, blah blah blah, we need to gather more info ...blah blah blah ...you're such dedicated players, blah blah blah!

It happens that 'blahblahbla' is my first language (have been working in sales for ages) - so don't try this, I can translate your blah blah, into 'Not listening to your customers needs, not bothering with what you the customer say, not bothering with anything other than Mobile Harvest, and how to keep the people quiet, while we roll it out. 

It just struck me yesterday, that we- the PC version of BF- , is the testserver for the mobileversion, and I wouldn't be surprised if we're closed down within a year or two...and untill then, they don't care about anything else than, how much gold  can be milked before then.
    You put your own needs before mine - that's not good if you try to get me to start spending gold again & even play any of your Coop-events.

Your solution is to quiet the whole thing down, but instead you're about to create a fire, where you could have chosen to ride of the storm, by giving us 'something and treating us as adults' (which Im sure most of us are!

It's NOT okay, not to listen to your customers - and it's definitely NOT okay, not to get back and 'close' the thread, whether you need to tell os, nothing will change or that somethings will change.

You are here for us, not the other way around - without us you have noone to pay for your salary- that can't be a hard calculation, but if it is - I will gladly help you doing a correct budget, - I have years of experience in that too. 
    So, why don't you get rid of the arrogance, and give us some REAL answers.?

For records; I will not say we're b......... the events, but we're not playing the Coopevents untill you as a minimum has given us closure for the endless threads about prizes.

Thank you!
    didah
  • @didah (SKN1)  I am not going to respond to most of your post, because your preach about GGS not listening & then make wild statements, which clearly show that you have not listened to many things that you have been told, such as BF Mobile being not only a very different game, but a game with its own totally separate development team & it does not share resources with BF.

However, I will respond to your outrageous remarks about CM_Hunter, you could not possibly be more wrong if you tried. This community & the BF game in general is very lucky to have him, not only does he love the game, but he does more work than he is even paid for, he is here for us at nights & weekends & anytime we call him, & he has done more for improving the communications within the team & with the players than many who have gone before him. So I would suggest you get your facts right before throwing insults at people. 
  • RowdyRac (FormerMod)RowdyRac (FormerMod) Guest Posts: 1,250

I would like to second Wabbit's statement,  unconditionally.

• didah (SKN1)didah (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 1,246
    @didah (SKN1)  I am not going to respond to most of your post, because your preach about GGS not listening & then make wild statements, which clearly show that you have not listened to many things that you have been told, such as BF Mobile being not only a very different game, but a game with its own totally separate development team & it does not share resources with BF.

However, I will respond to your outrageous remarks about CM_Hunter, you could not possibly be more wrong if you tried. This community & the BF game in general is very lucky to have him, not only does he love the game, but he does more work than he is even paid for, he is here for us at nights & weekends & anytime we call him, & he has done more for improving the communications within the team & with the players than many who have gone before him. So I would suggest you get your facts right before throwing insults at people. 
    Well, I'm sure you agree that the Mobile Harvest is the prolonged version of Bigfarm, if BF had never been here, you wouldn't have found the idea to make a mobile version, would you?
    - I' do know (or expect) that you have different development teams - since programming for mobile is another coding language than coding for pc games - and I would also expect, that you don't share budget, since now the company is listed, that would be a big no go.

But okay - you claim the two products has nothing to do, with one another - I guess time will tell - this we can't argue about.

About Mr. Hunter - I'm glad that you see him as more dedicated that the rest, but you must agree that it is NOT comming through on these pages....?.
    May I suggest, if you're right - as you often are - that you pass on that we would like to see some closure on the many questions?
    Too often when we get a post from him, it's rarely followed up upon, and things just goes on, until you either pull the Event (e.g.Weddingplanner) or continue like nothing has happened.

-(and we never had a closure here either, what did happen to the event) ? 

You write I'm insulting, well guess what, I think the opposite - I think I'm being insulted daily by a company, who really don't listen to their customers. What you guys do in office I have NO way of knowing - but what you do here (officially), I have a pretty good idea about - and imho its far from enough.

didah

• OMG i am shocked to see we still are getting the same lame prizes 
    i have stoped  spending gold on CC  i refuse to pay up for notthing 
    yes it is fun to be nr1 offcourse but if me and my coop dont get any good prizes whats the point beside beeing nr1 
    i can make all that stuff my selv 
    and they speak of balance and high lvls stopping low players from growing sorry but as lvl 70 i made as many rep points as i do now and no1 keeps me from growing that is utter BS and i won HW 2 times as lvl 20 and in lvls 60 now that i am in a pool whit the big fish its harder to win but stil not impossible cuz BF used to give us the tools (seaweet etc) and yes spending a little gold aswell and the old prizes were easing the pain of spending to mutch as crates and seaweet items are always fun to get 
    i started playing this game becuase the balance was perfect as it was
    now youre screwing that up majorly 
  • JustMe (US1)JustMe (US1) US1 Posts: 491
    These prizes are well it's like Clark Griswold said:

Ellen: Clark, what’s wrong? It’s bigger than you expected? Smaller? What is it?
    Clark: It’s a one year membership in the jelly of the month club.
    Eddie: Clark, that’s the gift that keeps on giving the whole year.
    Clark: No, Eddie. It was my fault. I lost my temper when I got my bonus and I guess I said a few thing I shouldn't have.
    Mr. Frank Shirley: Bonus? How did you get a bonus? I cut out bonuses this year.
    Clark: Yeah. Thanks for telling us. I was expecting a check. Instead I got enrolled in a jelly club. 17 years with the company. I've gotten a Christmas bonus every year but this one. You don't want to give bonuses, fine. But when people count on them as their salary, well what you did just plain...
    Rusty Griswold: Sucks.

• Tinzen (SKN1)Tinzen (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 473
    About Mr. Hunter - I'm glad that you see him as more dedicated that the rest, but you must agree that it is NOT comming through on these pages....?.
    May I suggest, if you're right - as you often are - that you pass on that we would like to see some closure on the many questions?
    Too often when we get a post from him, it's rarely followed up upon, and things just goes on, until you either pull the Event (e.g.Weddingplanner) or continue like nothing has happened.

-(and we never had a closure here either, what did happen to the event) ? 

You write I'm insulting, well guess what, I think the opposite - I think I'm being insulted daily by a company, who really don't listen to their customers. What you guys do in office I have NO way of knowing - but what you do here (officially), I have a pretty good idea about - and imho its far from enough.

didah

From where do u know, for a FACT, that he isnt comming here? He cant read the posts without he HAS TO resond? And he CANT come up with solutions without answers to them (in which case u should know if u have been working with sales). The solutions is not always as fast as u (and many others) want to them to be.

If u are so insulted, then why not just stop playing and leave the game? In that way u wont be so insulted. At the end of the day this isnt ur life, but a game! Wether u like it or not, and if a game makes u insulted, then why play it at all?

And for rest:
    I am sure, that the team is aware of this (I bet that other forums are nuts about this too), so either play the game or dont. This isnt a matter of life and death as far as I know - or at least shouldnt be!
  • CM_HunterCM_Hunter Posts: 448
    Hi @didah (SKN1) , thank you for your comments and the time you took to write them.

Just to clear up the Big Farm: Mobile Harvest question, while the overall theme and title of this game shares much with our original Big Farm web game the teams for each game are completely separate. The mobile team have their own CMs, developers, testers and everything they need to develop the game. My focus and my job are in no way related to the mobile version of the game.

First off I want to apologise if you or any other player feels like I have not given you the information you need. I'm not here to make excuses or tell you sob stories and I welcome feedback on how I'm doing, it's impossible for me to get better without knowing where I'm falling down.

My job involves a very large community of people, and while I can mainly be found posting in the English forums (English is my native and only fluent language) I am also responsible for every other forum we maintain. Some time ago the CM team was much larger, with at least one dedicated CM for every single forum, while currently there are two CMs for every single forum, myself and my colleague Keledar. This means that our time is spread a little thinner than it would have been in the past and we are not able to provide the dedicated forum service that has been the norm in the past. We are also responsible for many other aspects of the community besides the forum and are now more deeply involved in the process of the game's design and feedback process than ever before. I can assure you that your feedback is being passed on and our moderators do a wonderful job of making sure we know what you want, whether they forward us threads in which you've posted or specific comments form discussions they have had, or even trends they have noticed. We rely heavily on our moderator team, more so than before. They are our direct link to all of you guys, and while we try be as active as we can in the forums we spend a lot of our time in the background gathering information and details, planning concepts and campaigns and holding regular feedback sessions with our moderators. This feedback is then discussed directly within the team and evaluated for inclusion in the game. We are currently in a period where we are both closing off some older topics and trying to move fully into new topics and features. We are doing our best to keep a balance between older topics and newer things you guys want added in to the game.

I again apologise if you feel at all neglected, but as I mentioned we tend to rely on the moderators to disseminate information for us across the forums and let us know what is being spoken about. We do stop in and check om posts and threads as often as we can, but it's also true that in the last couple of years the CM role has changed here at GGS, and especially recently. Though having said that, I am very happy to receive your feedback and happy to see what I can do to improve. If any forum member has feedback, agrees with the above post, would like to tell us what they do and do not like about the forums or about me as a CM you are welcome to do so in a constructive manner! Without feedback I am in a void so it is a vital part of this role.

I want to take this opportunity to once again thank our wonderful moderator team, here on the English forums and across all of our forums. They role they fill is a tough one and I am glad your post above acknowledges the fantastic work they do and the relationship they have with the community. It is a blessing to have them and I truly couldn't do a thing without them.

In regard to getting you answers, I am not sure if you are aware but one example where we are trying to make improvements in this area is our new thread set up by the moderators. In this thread they will let you know when a suggestion made by players or moderators has received some feedback from the team and what that feedback is. We hope this will improve the overall communication and feedback cycle with you all. I have a few other projects in various stages of preparedness that I hope will provide you all with a smoother game experience in future, improve the feedback cycle and get you guys what you want and need. If I'm not hitting the mark, let me know. I can't promise to fix everything or improve over night but I can't do anything about a problem if I am not aware of it.

Wedding Planner
    The event has not been cancelled or pulled at any stage, a small rebalance was done and we are still happy to collect feedback on the event as it currently runs if anyone still feels it is not balanced in a fair yet challenging way. Simply post your feedback in a relevant location and either I or the moderators will see it and make sure it gets to the team.

Reward Changes
    We posted recently about the new reward system. We are aware of the complaints about the rewards that were changed and are working to improve that system. It is an iterative process and every change requires an update to the game, so I cannot promise super speedy results but I can say that we have taken some of the feedback we were passed and already implemented it into our new reward creation system. We will also be collecting feedback in an ongoing manner, so if you spot things that you think don't fit let us know and we will see if it makes sense to get a change put in place.

Thanks and looking forward to future feedback!
  • Daisy May (GB1)Daisy May (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11
    Same old boring missions for what?  Far too many comps to start with and now that the prizes are worthless it makes it even more of a chore.  We are loosing members and interest.  
  • Shay1968 (US1)Shay1968 (US1) Posts: 1,324
    @CM_Hunter,  I do appreciate the time you take to try and update us about issues with the game to try and make sense of something that the players are having a hard time with, for example the sudden change in CC and CHWE rewards.

However there seems to be a discrepancy as to what you had told us and further explanation would be great.

You said it is a new random generated prize system so we can have a variety of prizes each time we play the event.  However, for the past 3 CCs it has not been random, it has been the EXACT same low valued prizes each time.  Can we please get a better understanding of this new random prize system? 

Players are certainly not happy with the new randomly created prize system because of the current lack of randomness  :D as well as receiving low valued, unneeded prizes 3 CCs in a row;  this also certainly shows in the CCs.  I must now wait much longer for the system to find missions because not as many are playing it seems; before missions popped up almost instantaneously but now I must wait almost the full 5 minutes. I have also noticed I no longer have to use seaweed or gold to win missions and while this part is a GOOD thing, the prizes still do not prompt effort or any type of enthusiasm to even participate in the CCs even if I am not using gold or seaweed.

Thanks for any feedback you can provide. 
  • sue1 (AU1)sue1 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 193
    A good point you made Shay1968.  Every one of my missions has a big gold spender in now because so fewer players are doing missions.  I have even had missions on my own which hasn't happened in years.
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    Just shows there is no automated random reward system in place.......I still think the crap prizes were implemented manually and the automation system is just an excuse until they think of better lies to feed their customers.
  • LEC (US1)LEC (US1) US1 Posts: 26
    I too am disappointed in the prizes. It's hard to keep motivated and to enjoy the co-op challenge while thinking about the real resources being lost and worrying about affording it and not wanting to let down your team. I'm sure many of us feel this way. But, if the automated system is true, then I don't understand who put the poor prizes into the sorting machine in the first place. The automation has to generate the prizes from a list pre-programmed. If "110 duck feed" is in the bin to choose from, so to speak, then the automation system will pick it, of course. My question is, who put the duck feed/humus/wwc points (when wwc is not in progress)/chicken feed etc.  in the bin in the first place? That's a programmer's decision and thus a direct GGS decision to put in these poorer prizes. 
  • i sooooo agree whit gizmo22 
  • Just Kar (US1)Just Kar (US1) US1 Posts: 340
    My question is...if these prizes are randomly selected now, how did it randomly select the same garbage as last cooperative challenge?  Same "random" crap this time!
  • anifromid (US1)anifromid (US1) US1 Posts: 103
    GGS Developers staff meeting:

Ima Genius:  "..... and so, ladies and gentlemen, if we remove all the gold and seaweed from our hard worker events and co-op championships, our players will be FORCED to buy those items in order to compete in those events"
    (round of applause for the brilliant idea)

Ima Player:  "or of course, we could all just stop playing those events since there is no longer anything of value to win"

(cricket sounds)

Many years ago, there was an experiment done where monkey were given a choice of 3 buttons.... one for water, one for food, and one for cocaine.  Almost all of them hit the cocaine button until they overdosed.  This seems to be the model for GGS events.... the players keep hitting the button over and over.

I beg you, my fellow monkeys..........hit the food button!!!!  It's not too late to save yourselves!!!!!
  • dchen1 (US1)dchen1 (US1) US1 Posts: 993
    Wet pig feed, cow silage, and goldfish pellets needs to be removed from rewards.  
    I notice that there is still regular and premium feed and fertilizer in higher rewards.  Reward type needs to be better in higher rewards such as mystery boxes, tokens, super feed, seaweed humus.
    The pellet rewards are causing a problem beside the fact that they are worthless as they are easily and quickly made. It's causing some of us to have a huge overage, so if we want to make them for a mission, we do so at a loss. And it's impossible to put them into the pond because it's filled to the brim.

Thank you.
  • Corvid (GB1)Corvid (GB1) GB1 Posts: 625
    @CM_Hunter

i take onboard what you've said, but here's a simple thing that makes no sense

we've been told plenty of times the dev team is small, so response times to problems and things in general is slow, and there's a process to all this that takes time

yet with so many ongoing problems in the game (lag, forever a problem but of late more of a problem, booster drop down menu is still broken and causes crashes etc, you know the list, im not going to rewrite it here), why on earth change a system your user player base was happy with? - ie the hw rewards and the now so called random (yet to be convinced on that, for good reason) list of hw 'rewards' that are pitiful in reward for the effort put in (whoever coded them in doesnt play the game or the team just decided to be cheap, its one or the other)

i know you said it was to save time, but well, unless the team are doing nothing to rectify that (but you say they are), all you've done is make a rod for your own back and a considerable percentage of your user base unhappy, to the point the lack of effort in general in those events is clearly evident to all players - and now you have another problem taking up time that was totally not needed

plus i dont see how you're saving time in the long run, the reason you state for doing it in the first place, as the cc and hw events rewards were already there, with your players happy enough with them in general, the time and energy spent on this new system would clearly have been better spent sorting out ongoing long term problems

instead you've just added another
  • CM_HunterCM_Hunter Posts: 448
    Hi there @Corvid (GB1)

The new system allows us to be more dynamic and you guys to get a more varied mix of rewards. In the past we have been unable to change rewards in a dynamic way and each time we did change the rewards it would be a days long task. In the long run, this will save time as the occasional reward changes took a long time and we hope to get to a point where the new system is working well and we can have more frequent reward changes that take virtually no time at all. The setup time ends up being countered by the time saved over the future of the game and the work involved in creating reward lines, since once the system has a solid set of rules that also includes the feedback you guys are giving it can also be used to setup new reward lines in new events. In the long run it really does save us a lot of time and open up doors for the future of the game that were previously not possible, thereby allowing the team more time to work on the bigger issues in the long run. The transition from the old way of working to the new is an ongoing process but we are also trying to tackle some of the larger problems. The lag issue is being addressed directly and the CM team is conducting some testing with some players who experience lag to try and figure out the problem. Bugs are being reported and resolved as best as we can manage and our team has already seen some improvements in how we work. It is not where we want it yet but it is certainly getting closer than before. In the meantime, we are collecting feedback and making some comprehensive notes on the new reward system so that we can pass that over and make sure that changes are made based on what you guys have been saying. We will continue to do so in future as well, so this is by no means a closed topic and is top of CMs list right now.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file