Home EN Suggestions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Speedy Fertilizer - Speedy Orchards

Seeker1 (US1)Seeker1 (US1) US1 Posts: 571
edited 15.04.2018 in Suggestions
Imagine "fast" fertilizer produced in the silo for apples, cherries, almonds, and peaches;
 similar to the "fast" feed for pigs and cows (wet pig feed - cow silage).
It would give a purpose to the 2nd silo at gourmet farm which many players omit.

Then imagine an entirely separate style of Cooperative Championship
 with missions just for orchards.  The Orchard Olympia!!!
-Collect fast fertilizer
-Collect leaves
-Collect apples
-Collect cherries
-Collect almonds
-Collect peaches

Post edited by Seeker1 (US1) on

Comments

• The Orchard Olympia!!! I like that :smiley:

Super cool idea with the fast fertilizer. The orchards are boring and annoying right now cause they take so long. Fast fertilizer makes a lot of sense.

And I like the idea of specialized Coopchas. We can have one focused on the fields, one on orchards, one on stables... etc... That would be really, really neat.

• Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    edited 16.04.2018
    The Orchard Olympia!!! I like that :smiley:

Super cool idea with the fast fertilizer. The orchards are boring and annoying right now cause they take so long. Fast fertilizer makes a lot of sense.

And I like the idea of specialized Coopchas. We can have one focused on the fields, one on orchards, one on stables... etc... That would be really, really neat.

It would certainly add some interest to the current tedium  :¬)
    Post edited by Uncle John (GB1) on
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    edited 15.04.2018
    Um, what's the difference between "fast fertilizer" and "seaweed fertilizer?" I usually have a ton the latter on hand from events, etc. I mean, I realize "fast" would just speed things up, but still have a "grow" time. But is it necessary when we can harvest instantly?
  • Um, what's the difference between "fast fertilizer" and "seaweed fertilizer?" I usually have a ton the latter on hand from events, etc. I mean, I realize "fast" would just speed things up, but still have a "grow" time. But is it necessary when we can harvest instantly?
    Dunno what Seeker's idea is, but I would imagine that the "fast fertilizer" would give less yield than regular and in turn even less than seaweed. But it would be cheaper to produce (Seeker compared it with the wet pig feed).

So, maybe the "fast fertilizer" would have a 10 minutes production time, but for 10% of the regular yield? And we could produce it from just 1 dung and some wildflowers? Lol, just playing with the idea...
  • I like the idea, def. could use varied missions. 
  • Seeker1 (US1)Seeker1 (US1) US1 Posts: 571

Dunno what Seeker's idea is, but I would imagine that the "fast fertilizer" would give less yield than regular and in turn even less than seaweed. But it would be cheaper to produce (Seeker compared it with the wet pig feed).

So, maybe the "fast fertilizer" would have a 10 minutes production time, but for 10% of the regular yield? And we could produce it from just 1 dung and some wildflowers? Lol, just playing with the idea...
    Speedy orchards may also help with themed events where many drops from orchards are required. :#
  • dchen1 (US1)dchen1 (US1) US1 Posts: 993
    Imagine "fast" fertilizer produced in the silo for apples, cherries, almonds, and peaches;
     similar to the "fast" feed for pigs and cows (wet pig feed - cow silage).
    It would give a purpose to the 2nd silo at gourmet farm which many players omit.

Then imagine an entirely separate style of Cooperative Championship
     with missions just for orchards.  The Orchard Olympia!!!
    -Collect fast fertilizer
    -Collect leaves
    -Collect apples
    -Collect cherries
    -Collect almonds
    -Collect peaches

I think most players would not be interested in speed feed because it does not add much to the mission if the player harvested the long term product. 

There are 2 ways to play a mission:
    1. reaping a big harvest when many long term processes are finished.  Does not include crop missions.  
    2. harvesting small amounts every few minutes using quick crops and speed feed.  
    A player can do both to increase score by little more.  

The second way is not balanced because if you mix players of both ways in a mission, players that can do the first way will have an advantage over the players that do the second way.  The second way is also more tedious and requires more play time and timing of harvests.  The second way would be an option for players that want to spend more of their time playing for a very small amount of points each mission.  I think missions should be based mainly on reaping a big harvest in the morning or after work.  The bigger the harvest, the bigger the reward.  

It would be more fun if more types of missions are added.  
    Before adding more missions, the randomness for the type of mission needs to be less.  Players need to be given a choice on the type of mission(crops or animals) because players that just harvested all of the animals in a dung mission will be at a disadvantage if the next mission needs animal products.  
    I have a suggestion. 
    Group the missions together into categories.  Let the player choose the type depending on what is ready to harvest.  In the 30 minutes, the player will collect products that belong to the category and make room if the barn is full such as filling contracts or starting production in the shop or bakery.  

Categories: 
    Crops: Crops from all 3 farms will give points.  Higher value crops give more points 

Animals: Animal products from all 3 farms will give points.  Includes honey and wax, does not include dung.  Higher value products give more points.

Farm supplies: In order from least points to most points, includes goldfish pellets, wet pig feed, cow silage, chicken feed, pig feed, goat feed, donkey feed, cow feed, duck feed, fertilizer, liquid fertilizer, humus.  Does not include honeydew, laboratory items, or event rewards.  

Orchards: Includes orchards from all 3 farms, leaves and honeydew dont count.  The higher its sell value, the more points per unit.  Players can play missions the second way using speed fertilizer.  

Fish: includes fishing minigame, Oleg fishing and deep sea fishing, Higher value fish give more points.

Um, what's the difference between "fast fertilizer" and "seaweed fertilizer?" I usually have a ton the latter on hand from events, etc. I mean, I realize "fast" would just speed things up, but still have a "grow" time. But is it necessary when we can harvest instantly?

If a player forgot to use regular (long term) fertilizer when he logs out, the orchard will not produce anything for hours.  

• Dunno what Seeker's idea is, but I would imagine that the "fast fertilizer" would give less yield than regular and in turn even less than seaweed. But it would be cheaper to produce (Seeker compared it with the wet pig feed).

Speedy orchards may also help with themed events where many drops from orchards are required. :#
    Oh yeah! For sure.
    edited 22.04.2018
    @dchen1 (US1)

If you played this game several years ago you will know the missions format was setup with each type of product having its own mission-- and missions were further split into 2 types of categories:
     collect product, and sell product,  (i.e. collect apples, sell apples; collect eggs, sell eggs.)

Players were allowed to choose which mission they wanted to join.  They were added to a 'waiting list' queue and missions would start at designated times each day.  I remember the duration of the collect apples mission would last an entire day.

Many players complained this setup was very unfair.  Players who specialized in only one type of building-stable-fields would dominate their respective products.  On one hand, player with several fields built, or a player with several stables built, or a player with several orchards built, would only join the missions they knew they could win easily.  On the other hand, players who built a balanced farm were at a major disadvantage and had no chance to win any missions at all.

The format was changed.  Sell products missions disappeared.  Missions for collecting apples, collecting feed, collecting humus and fertilizer disappeared too.
    The format which included entirely every product you could collect on main farm was reduced to just 4: collect corn, collect wildflowers, collect eggs, collect dung.
    And missions were chosen as how they are now: randomly.
    The current revision brings us to a 'collect list' of 9.

I believe the stackmaster machine does a good job at providing the player with some choice of which mission they want to play at that given time.  Going back to a format where players can outright choose which mission they want to play will just bring back old problems and old complaints.

And my suggestion to introduce orchard missions back into the game. I wouldnt want them mixed into the existing Cooperative Championship.  I would like it to be an entirely separate event, with a new tab at the bottom right of the missions panel, so it could be possible to play 2 types of missions at the same time, one for standard missions - CoopCha, and one for orchards missions - Orchard Olympia.

Post edited by Seeker1 (US1) on

Again, so does seaweed fertilizer... only instantly. And I'm up to my neck in the stuff. Still don't see why the speedy fert is needed.
  • @artful (US1) We'd be making the fast fertilizer, not buying it; main difference. And, no gold.
    @artful (US1) We'd be making the fast fertilizer, not buying it; main difference. And, no gold.
    I have never bought seaweed fert and I have more than I can ever use.

• Speedy orchards may also help with themed events where many drops from orchards are required. :#
    Again, so does seaweed fertilizer... only instantly. And I'm up to my neck in the stuff. Still don't see why the speedy fert is needed.
    I believe you don't use wet pig feed or alfalfa feed either and you just have so much seaweed feed! well not everyone does.
    The reason you have so much seaweed fertilizer is that you don't have to use them in missions, I would like to hear about how much you will have left if they ever added apples to missions in current format  :)
    The point Seeker is making is that such type of fast fertilizer can be made instead of won or bought and it will add more diversity to the missions.

• @Wisso (US1) My point as well :) It gets made by us, like our premium items and fast feeds do.
  • Rusty Farmer (AU1)Rusty Farmer (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,705
    Well, I like the idea of speedy fertilizer and adding orchard missions.

I will go further - there are types of missions which are completely separate - no overlap.

1) Fields
    2) stables
    3) Feed
    4) Orchards (new suggestion)

It would be good if we could decide on which TYPE of mission but not specific mission, perhaps for a gold cost.

In addition, I would like the possibility of doing more than one mission AT ONCE. Each mission would be a different type so there would be no doubling up or overlap. eg: Be able to do corn and milk at the same time.

• 1) Fields
    2) stables
    3) Feed
    4) Orchards (new suggestion)

I like this suggestion :)
    edited 20.04.2018
    @dchen1 (US1)

If you played this game several years ago you will know the missions format was setup with each type of product having its own mission-- and missions were further split into 2 types of categories:
     collect product, and sell product,  (i.e. collect apples, sell apples; collect eggs, sell eggs.)

Players were allowed to choose which mission they wanted to join.  They were added to a 'waiting list' queue and missions would start at designated times each day.  I remember the duration of the collect apples mission would last an entire day.

Many players complained this setup was very unfair.  Players who specialized in only one type of building-stable-fields would dominate their respective products.  On one hand, player with several fields built, or a player with several stables built, or a player with several orchards built, would only join the missions they knew they could win easily.  On the other hand, players who built a balanced farm were at a major disadvantage and had no chance to win any missions at all.

The format was changed.  Sell products missions disappeared.  Missions for collecting apples, collecting feed, collecting humus and fertilizer disappeared too.
    The format which included entirely every product you could collect on main farm was reduced to just 4: collect corn, collect wildflowers, collect eggs, collect dung.

I believe the stackmaster machine does a good job at providing the player with some choice of which mission they want to play at that given time.  Going back to a format where players can outright choose which mission they want to play will just bring back old problems and old complaints.

And my suggestion to introduce orchard missions back into the game. I wouldnt want them mixed into the existing Cooperative Championship.  I would like it to be an entirely separate event, with a new tab at the bottom right of the missions panel, so it could be possible to play 2 types of missions at the same time, one for standard missions - CoopCha, and one for orchards missions - Orchard Olympia.

I have an idea: The choice of the mission type depends on the percentage of buildings read to harvest.  If there were 4 cowsheds, 3 ready to collect, 1 still producing, and 2 pigsties both ready, It will choose pigs because 100% of the pigs are ready and 75% for cows.  There are 3 level 7 chicken coops ready, 1 not ready, and 1 level 7 duck coop ready.  Each level 7 chicken coop makes 57 eggs, the level 7 duck coop has 630 eggs.  There will be 801/858 eggs ready which is 93%.  

This way of deciding missions will encourage well rounded farms and make missions more fair and less dependent on chance.  
  • MRG1 (US1)MRG1 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,554
    edited 20.04.2018

I have an idea: The choice of the mission type depends on the percentage of buildings read to harvest.  If there were 4 cowsheds, 3 ready to collect, 1 still producing, and 2 pigsties both ready, It will choose pigs because 100% of the pigs are ready and 75% for cows.  There are 3 level 7 chicken coops ready, 1 not ready, and 1 level 7 duck coop ready.  Each level 7 chicken coop makes 57 eggs, the level 7 duck coop has 630 eggs.  There will be 801/858 eggs ready which is 93%.  

This way of deciding missions will encourage well rounded farms and make missions more fair and less dependent on chance.  
    GG$ of course will not implement this because it is better for the players, and does not help Gold $ale$ (as there is less chance of us needing to use gold). In fact, a suggestion like this will more likely cause GG$ to do the opposite and make the likelihood of a player-favorable mission even less likely.

The CC is here more and more often for the sole purpose of players using and buying gold.
    Post edited by MRG1 (US1) on
    Almost every aspect of the game has varied short term and long term collection times;
    regular feed and fast feed for stables, regular seeds and special seeds for fields. 
    The orchards should be given the same opportunity too. :#
  • TMKC (IN1)TMKC (IN1) IN1 Posts: 939
    @dchen1 (US1)

So far...what i have understood of GGS strategy is - their prime focus is on new players more than old, addicted ones. Getting new players to keep playing the game and make them spend a little or more gold and then if they leave, fine, if they stick and become addictive, even better. Now this is a good strategy from a business point of view since GGS is running a business for profit.

Now as far as your idea is concerned, 

More hours...more output  >>>> ( is better ) less minutes....less output.
    since most players are not active the whole day...its best for them to make product which takes many hours to make. So the fast fertilizers, even though it could be added, might not be used by many players.

Now lets come to missions of apples, peaches, almonds, even donkeys or more.

Personally i would love to have apples, almonds, peaches, donkeys, jasmines, honeycream ..... u name it anything is okay with me. Because i skip a lot. i will skip everything to get 1st in mission and win all of them.

But majority of the players of BF dont skip with gold.... all of them will be stuck for 30 minutes on peaches, then 30 minutes on apples then almonds then god knows what....if they have already used stack before. already milk and eggs mission most people play once or twice in 8 hrs. the field missions i doubt if anyone loves them. So adding more missions will ruin the game for majority of the players.

GGS would never introduce anything which will look like too complex for a new user.

i would like GGS to introduce more stuff like the fireworks or happy hours which are easy to understand and benefit both new and old users.

Happy hours in my opinion were incredible. Almost everyone used to come online during happy hours....the right time for ggs to throw in the 2 for 1 or hot deal offers...since a large audience was present.

i wish ggs brings back happy hours .

@dchen1 (US1)

So far...what i have understood of GGS strategy is - their prime focus is on new players more than old, addicted ones. Getting new players to keep playing the game and make them spend a little or more gold and then if they leave, fine, if they stick and become addictive, even better. Now this is a good strategy from a business point of view since GGS is running a business for profit.

Now as far as your idea is concerned, 

More hours...more output  >>>> ( is better ) less minutes....less output.
    since most players are not active the whole day...its best for them to make product which takes many hours to make. So the fast fertilizers, even though it could be added, might not be used by many players.

Now lets come to missions of apples, peaches, almonds, even donkeys or more.

Personally i would love to have apples, almonds, peaches, donkeys, jasmines, honeycream ..... u name it anything is okay with me. Because i skip a lot. i will skip everything to get 1st in mission and win all of them.

But majority of the players of BF dont skip with gold.... all of them will be stuck for 30 minutes on peaches, then 30 minutes on apples then almonds then god knows what....if they have already used stack before. already milk and eggs mission most people play once or twice in 8 hrs. the field missions i doubt if anyone loves them. So adding more missions will ruin the game for majority of the players.

GGS would never introduce anything which will look like too complex for a new user.

i would like GGS to introduce more stuff like the fireworks or happy hours which are easy to understand and benefit both new and old users.

Happy hours in my opinion were incredible. Almost everyone used to come online during happy hours....the right time for ggs to throw in the 2 for 1 or hot deal offers...since a large audience was present.

i wish ggs brings back happy hours .

If I understand the gist of your post correctly:

Basically you're stating that you're a player that uses a lot of gold in missions,
    and you would love to see new missions added. 

Yet you feel the majority of average players or new players who don't spend a lot of gold or don't spend a lot of time playing the game wouldn't benefit from short term collection times.

With the introduction of the Village Fair comes the arrival of "speed fertilizer."
    I wonder where I've heard that idea before???...hehehe LOL.
    I wonder if library books will be added for the various trees/orchards--speed fertilizer.
    *hint hint, wink wink*
  • ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
    I am personally very happy with the new addition of speed fertiliser. Now we can get through the apples box in the hard worker event and cooperative hard worker event at a much faster speed without skipping the box with gold.
    Yes, but the yield is lower. I probably will use seaweed fert for events rather than the Pepto Bismol ferts.
  • ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
    Yes, but the yield is lower. I probably will use seaweed fert for events rather than the Pepto Bismol ferts.
    That is a good thing. Previously, if you have a lot of high level apple orchards, you would often end up spending over 2 hours on apples just to get to the next box or you would skip the box with gold. But now you can just have one apple orchard ready with speed fertiliser and move on to the next box in less than 20 minutes, which is much better than before.
  • rpggal33 (US1)rpggal33 (US1) US1 Posts: 150
    How does one get speed fertilizer?
  • Exxy (INT1)Exxy (INT1) INT1 Posts: 2,602
    Right now, We can only get Quick Fertilizer during Village Fair ( Coop event )

Sign In to comment.