Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Would Like To See The Happiness/Unhappiness Go Away

Good Morning Big Farm,

Please consider getting rid of the happiness/unhappiness aspect of this game. The requirement to consistently have to add decorations 1. does not add enjoyment to the game, 2. it creates unnecessary use of resources, 3. the decorations do not enhance the game (at least for me, they do not).

Comments

• SuzyQ22 (US1)SuzyQ22 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,475
    I hear some people run on 70% happiness, I wouldn't because I truly enjoy having nice things on my farm.  But I don't know, some people don't like it as you don't.
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    It would certainly simplify the game but it is the complexities that make it enjoyable for me.    :¬)
  • Elizabeth, you can just ignore the decorations and not put them on. Your production cost would go higher, but if you use premium feed/fertilizer it won't matter that much.

I personally like the decos and the happy/unhappy system. Like Uncle John is saying, it ads a bit of complexity which makes the game more interesting. 

• I wouldn't mind a few decorations, but the amount we need to keep up happiness would cause us to be tagged as hoarders in RL, plus the "farm" looks more like the "city"
  • ronin7 (INT1)ronin7 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 542
    I like the decos; just choose the ones you like & upgrade them when Greta comes. Also, it gives farms a more "homey" like depending on what you build. At moment, I'm ranging between -87% to -96% production costs to plant on all 3 of farms. So GGS please don't take away our decos just yet...thanks :smiley:
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    It is too bad that we can't crowd the Village area with our decos and leave room on our farms for the more important aspects of production (fields, cows, pigs, chickens, ducks, goats, all the orchards, etc, etc.).  There seems to be tons of space available for decos to decorate the countryside.  GGS Team will you think about this?  Doing this will be a win-win situation.  :D  o:)
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    We could also have designated deco areas around the farms, outside the fences. The ones outside the fences could be half the happiness values so as not to throw off the "balanced strategy." 
  • I think the idea of having a designated spot for the decorations is a GREAT IDEA! Big Farm - you have a goal to work towards in revamping the decorations and how they are placed within the game.
  • SuzyQ22 (US1)SuzyQ22 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,475
    I like how I have my deco setup on my farms.  I try to have it meander through to give it a place to explore all around the farm.  Lots of resting places, picnic areas, swimming areas, etc. 

I did that thing they say to fill up all your space as much as possible to get all the happiness you can.  I took out all my deco as I moved things around and made sure as much empty squares were used.  It looked absolutely awful, many of my higher value deco's were now in storage because I couldn't fit it all in and the farm just looked so badly organized I did not like it.   So, another hour putting it all back together so I could enjoy what I was looking at on my farm.  I have little pockets of themed areas.  I like it very much and it is only 1 happiness point less than if I did it the ugly way, lol.  I say, deco how you want and be done with it.  Suzy!
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    This has been a part of the building, expansion strategy since the game first came out. One of the main reason they have been adding land to our farms ;)
  • dchen1 (US1)dchen1 (US1) US1 Posts: 993
    edited 12.04.2018
    The only good decos are from events.  I ignore the decoration shop.  My storage is filling up with farmers lucks, pavilions, snowmen, and goldfish bowls that are not worth much.  The difficulty and reward of themed event is way off.  I once saw a 5x5 quality 7 deco with 90 happiness and 20 village happiness.  The only way to get it is by spending about 80000 gold, definitely not worth the 40 GMLs.  The chinese new year required too much snake and either you get 24 happiness and unlock the accumulated bonus for a super decoration(150 happiness, 24 village happiness) , or dont get any bonus for a decent decoration, no in betweens for the productivity of 15 days.  

This is the best deco I got.  Looks more like quality 8 or 9 than quality 5.  
  • I don't mind decos, but it really makes me mad that the hippies that work on my farm not only get free housing, but they complain because they want more park benches, statues, snowmen, and duckie ponds. Or else they'll charge me more in labor. Maybe I should start charging them for rent. FREE MEANS FREE, HIPPIES!!!
  • Corvid (GB1)Corvid (GB1) GB1 Posts: 625
    its an intrinsic part of the game format, so they're not going to change it

however, i loathe village happiness on decos and especially the lack of choice to have the deco you win with or without vh on it

they could easily do that, allow the player to choose whether the deco they win has vh on it or not

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file