Home EN Suggestions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Hard worker event

The hard worker event was hard enough at around 4 points per second for the 96 hours to reach the 1.2 million...Now developers set it to 4,600,000 at a rate of just under 14 points per second...I'm no slouch of a player and set up my farm specifically FOR the hard worker event...Now it's not even close to enough production... Keep in mind, some people need to sleep at night, we can't play 24 hours a day. The older way was great before it was changed for the worse...As most things that have been changed lately, it wasn't for the better...At least before like 4-500 players had a chance for the highly coveted gold licenses...Now with this last hard worker, last I saw there were 7 that reached it in my level....7...Not cool on the fairness and reachability...PUT THE HARD WORKER BACK THE WAY IT WAS....Wheat and lambs lettuce was another stab we can do without...

Comments

• 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    The CCHWE was designed for the super advanced players to give them a venue of real challenge and opportunity to work their strategies.  It is not meant for us, the low or middle level players.  You see the HWE was way too easy for a lot of folks.  It is like instead of being able to choose the level 7 of the recurring event (Hawaii, Asian, etc) we only had the level one.  It would soon get old news and definitely unchallenging except for the new players who are still working on the first 10 of these events. So the Team had to come up with something that would challenge them.  Even with that the CCHWE, I noticed that there were loads of farmers who did reach the GML level (I think it was somewhere around the 33 Million points+ level).  So for the rest of us who are not there yet, we just play as we can and accept whatever goodies come our way.  I think the regular HWE is still unchanged. So with that one you can get your GML when you reach 1,200,000 points.
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    The CCHWE was designed for the super advanced players to give them a venue of real challenge and opportunity to work their strategies.  It is not meant for us, the low or middle level players.  You see the HWE was way too easy for a lot of folks.  It is like instead of being able to choose the level 7 of the recurring event (Hawaii, Asian, etc) we only had the level one.  It would soon get old news and definitely unchallenging except for the new players who are still working on the first 10 of these events. So the Team had to come up with something that would challenge them.  Even with that the CCHWE, I noticed that there were loads of farmers who did reach the GML level (I think it was somewhere around the 33 Million points+ level).  So for the rest of us who are not there yet, we just play as we can and accept whatever goodies come our way.  I think the regular HWE is still unchanged. So with that one you can get your GML when you reach 1,200,000 points.
    True about the regular HWE and the GMLs.  But I think this new rework makes it extremely difficult for even the top players to reach unaided -- translation:  We didn't design this to challenge the super advanced players, we designed this so they'd players would buy boatloads of gold.
  • If i'm not mistaken to reach 35 mill points you need to run with over 101 points per second for the FULL 96 hours. That is just insane.
  • GazFarmer (AU1)GazFarmer (AU1) AU1 Posts: 92
    On Aus 1 we need 3.6 mil if you use boosters early it is achievable I think but I digress.
    I would like to see more farm products included so we don't get as many field drops in a row.
      If we could make a quick donkey feed similar to wet pig feed or alfalfa feed , donkeys could be included ( maybe we could feed them oats , carrots or some other. 
       Pigs could be included also, on that note why not include all , it would make the challenge truly diverse.
    Thank you.
  • The CCHWE was designed for the super advanced players to give them a venue of real challenge and opportunity to work their strategies.  It is not meant for us, the low or middle level players.  You see the HWE was way too easy for a lot of folks.  It is like instead of being able to choose the level 7 of the recurring event (Hawaii, Asian, etc) we only had the level one.  It would soon get old news and definitely unchallenging except for the new players who are still working on the first 10 of these events. So the Team had to come up with something that would challenge them.  Even with that the CCHWE, I noticed that there were loads of farmers who did reach the GML level (I think it was somewhere around the 33 Million points+ level).  So for the rest of us who are not there yet, we just play as we can and accept whatever goodies come our way.  I think the regular HWE is still unchanged. So with that one you can get your GML when you reach 1,200,000 points.

I think we are doing the regular HWE right now and mine says to get to the  3 GML's  which is #38 of 50 you need 4,600,000 points....that is quite a difference.

Let's go back to the one  FarmerCli (US1)  was talking about   :#  I've had enough challenges for awhile  B)
  • CrazyArthur (US1)CrazyArthur (US1) US1 Posts: 79
    edited 10.12.2017
    HWE was my favorite event but not anymore because it's not fun anymore.

It's not fun to have to collect, one after the other, cabagge, alfafa, wheat, rutabagga, lamb's lettuce, dandelion then finally milk, where are the apples?

Really not fun anymore.

PUT THE HARD WORKER BACK THE WAY IT WAS
    Post edited by CrazyArthur (US1) on
  • dchen1 (US1)dchen1 (US1) US1 Posts: 993
    The points per second increase per harvested amount is only half as effective and the amount required for each productivity level is too low.  This makes the total amount of time for that productivity level too low.  
  • JustMe (US1)JustMe (US1) US1 Posts: 491
    just saying  each time i have been above rank 100 for most of each event yet am nowhere near to getting the various prizes

at rank 64 for almost this entire event  and with 29-30 of the prizes and 2 days to go I could already see i would not advance much further

now with 15 hours to go  I am still only looking at the 34th prize to gain @ 2,400,000 points

if there are the millions of players GGS claims to have playing at least everyone in the top 100 rank should be able to easily finish this event with all prizes but that is not even close to possible

also the normal HWE has not run at all which strips out hundreds of players
  • holidayrox (US1)holidayrox (US1) US1 Posts: 328
    @CrazyArthur (US1) There are THREE different Hard Worker Events. One is the original, which I like as well, then there is the Fishing Hard Worker Event (love it too), and the other is the Cooperative Hard Worker Event, which I have yet to enjoy. Do not like it.

The original hard worker event still comes around, just not as often.
  • archerbob (AU1)archerbob (AU1) AU1 Posts: 531
    edited 06.01.2018
    Some of the point values you have to reach now are just ridiculous.

EDIT: Nothing has improved in 2018... Some people somehow get millions of points and I cannot, I'm lucky if I can get a timer to run for an hour or more than 2 points/sec.
    Post edited by archerbob (AU1) on
  • I ee in the welcome screen you're going to cull the old hard worker and also the fishing one to make it impossible like the cooperative hard worker... DO NOT DO THIS DEVELOPERS...DO NOT DO THIS!!!!!!
  • Well, we knew it would be just a matter of time before they skrood up the fishing hardworker event.........Too many players were doing good at it WITHOUT GOLD, you see?  Don't forget the bottom line........In all our complaints and worries and troubles, don't forget the BOTTOM LINE with our wonderful gamemakers is always gonna be what benefits them!  and that, unfortunately is succeeding in everything we do by BUYING GOLD!!  LOLOL!  Once you really get that situated in your mind, you'll stop fretting over it..........Nothing will ever change when it comes down to the BOTTOM LINE!!   ;)
  • Seeker1 (US1)Seeker1 (US1) US1 Posts: 571
    Yep, prepare for changes to the "points scale" regarding prizes for regular HWE and FHWE.  The prizes will be harder to earn.  GGS has to keep ahead of players gaining any advantage whatsoever... our farms get stronger so we cant expect events to remain the same forever.

• artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    edited 29.03.2018
    Yep, prepare for changes to the "points scale" regarding prizes for regular HWE and FHWE.  The prizes will be harder to earn.  GGS has to keep ahead of players gaining any advantage whatsoever... our farms get stronger so we cant expect events to remain the same forever.

I can understand the logic, but making it harder for top levels to earn points also makes it impossible for lower levels to finish. Sense of accomplishment is what makes a game fun to play, and these changes eliminate that for the majority of players.  That translates into people leaving the game. Top-level players are low-level players who stuck around.  Eliminate or reduce the pool of lower level players and you end up with very few new top level players, and when that happens, poof! No more Big Farm.
  • ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526

I can understand the logic, but making it harder for top levels to earn points also makes it impossible for lower levels to finish. Sense of accomplishment is what makes a game fun to play, and these changes eliminate that for the majority of players.  That translates into people leaving the game. Top-level players are low-level players who stuck around.  Eliminate or reduce the pool of lower level players and you end up with very few new top level players, and when that happens, poof! No more Big Farm.
    Yes I agree, all ability level players need some good rewards to aim for, they took away the ability for some players to get the gold mining licenses and gave players a harder target to aim for to get more gold mining licenses, but the players who cannot get them are now worse off than before. So perhaps you can have rewards such as the gold mining licenses available at different amounts. (eg. One can be available at 1,200,000 points, another can be available at 2,800,000 points and another can be available at 4,600,000 points.)

That way it will give stronger players a challenge while allowing the players who could get the gold mining licenses before to still have the opportunity to work hard and get them.

Also the decorations need much better happiness, for example a 3x3 decoration with 26 happiness for 6,000,000 points is not worth the effort required to collect it.
Sign In to comment.