Home EN General Discussions & Questions Tutorials and FAQs

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

What Time is That????

WascallyWabbit (FormerMod)WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) Guest Posts: 6,097
edited 24.03.2018 in Tutorials and FAQs
Hi Everyone,

The clocks are changing again & we often see some confusion with timezones & players having difficulties knowing what time things start when we use CET (or now CEST) - As you may or may not be aware, you can set up an additional time display on your computer, which will automatically change when the clocks do.

So for any of you that would like to do that, but are not sure how, here is a quick tutorial - I have done this using Windows 10, but it is a similar set up on most operating systems.

1. Right-click your computer clock in the bottom right corner of your screen & select "Adjust date/time"

2. Up at the top right, select "Add clocks for different time zones"

3. Check the box to show the new clock, select the timezone that includes Berlin,
give your clock a name & then click OK

4. Close all those windows & now when you hover your cursor over your computer clock,
You should see this (or something similar).

If you can't work out how to do it for your operating system, just Google Add multiple time zone clocks windows 7 or whatever your OS is & you should have no trouble finding help. :)

Happy Farming!

Comments

• SuzyQ22 (US1)SuzyQ22 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,475
    Wow, so easy to do on w10.  Thanks bunches Wascally!
  • Big Beck (US1)Big Beck (US1) US1 Posts: 514
    wish I had known about this during the fireworks.

• Shay1968 (US1)Shay1968 (US1) Posts: 1,324
    Thanks Wascally, never even thought of adding it to the toolbar
  • Thanks, but why dont they just include a CET/CEST clock in the game?

Mark
  • Alakazam (AU1)Alakazam (AU1) AU1 Posts: 44
    Awesome now just get Big farm to do it on the clock with different time zones  but till then this is AWESOME 

thanks Wabbit  
  • Alakazam (AU1)Alakazam (AU1) AU1 Posts: 44
    Hey Wabbit 

Just wondering do the dev's know that Canberra is the state Capital of Australia  - I am asking because the big farm clock  is showing the time for South Australia -  ?   which is half an hour behind Canberra Sydney Melbourne the most prominent states -  
  • Hey Wabbit 

Just wondering do the dev's know that Canberra is the state Capital of Australia  - I am asking because the big farm clock  is showing the time for South Australia -  ?   which is half an hour behind Canberra Sydney Melbourne the most prominent states -  

I'm guessing its the same with all servers where there are multiple time zones (I would expect this to be the case on the US1 server). I'm not sure how they choose the time zone they did on the AU1 server, maybe opened and altas and threw a dart.

Having access to CET/CEST time is pointless if events dont start when scheduled.

Mark
  • lol \ wow just wow
  • Andrew56 (AU1)Andrew56 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 879
    Thankyou @WascallyWabbit!

That is incredibly helpful, I've added the second clock & I know that it will certainly help for future events & downtimes etc.

Posts/Tips like this are a fabulous Help!  Keep it up!   Thanks so much!

• LuckyViolat (AU1)LuckyViolat (AU1) AU1 Posts: 106
    Thank you, thank you, thank you.  I can't thank you enough.  

It was very confusing (for those of us who couldn't convert CET time to our own time).  Now when we see that something is going to start at a certain CET time we will know when this will happen on our own time.  :)

I just might think that I am sane again.  lol

This will be very very helpful when we get fireworks or something similar in the future.

:)))))))))))))   I"m so happy now.
  • jay53 (AU1)jay53 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 151
    edited 26.03.2018
    @WascallyWabbit @PicklePaws @RowdyRac @CuddlyFoxes

Can I ask in relation to times/days please that you do not use eg 'tomorrow' without a qualifier eg 'tomorrow, Tuesday' or 'tomorrow, 21st'. It is very confusing in Oz as sometimes your 'tomorrow' is our 'today'! Trying to work our which day you are referring to can be confusing!

Cheers and thanks for all your work and patience!
    Jay

• Hey Wabbit 

I'm guessing its the same with all servers where there are multiple time zones (I would expect this to be the case on the US1 server). I'm not sure how they choose the time zone they did on the AU1 server, maybe opened and altas and threw a dart.

Having access to CET/CEST time is pointless if events dont start when scheduled.

Mark
    @AjneszporPlayer (AU1) @aussie_mark (AU1) As far as I know, for countries with more than one timezone, they choose one that was geographically central, to make it as fair as possible for everyone, so I am surprised they picked Southern instead of Northern, but that is why Canberra was not chosen.
  • hmmm .... seems like we were told a few weeks ago that start times for events would no longer be announced so what's the point??
  • KoStone (US1)KoStone (US1) US1 Posts: 131
    The Big Farm Time clock in the game is off by an hour-long they don'tt bother to reset it after DST.
Sign In to comment.