Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Performance Issues - User Feedback required

Hello all,

we made some changes in order to fix the performance issues you have been experiencing since the server move. Please check on your farm if you still experience the same behavior or if the lagging of the game stopped/got better.  (Remember to re-log into the game, in the event that you've been online for an extended period already today).
Please only comment on the performance behavior in the game in this thread.

Other topics will be dealt with separately.
Thank you for your help.

Best regards,
Your Community Team

Comments

• garybaldy (GB1)garybaldy (GB1) GB1 Posts: 502
    I logged back into game about 10 mins ago, seems to be back to normal :)  :)  :)
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    edited 22.03.2018
    lagging is better than it was last night, but still lagging just a little bit ... 
  • So far so good. I have been playing for over an hour, no lag, haven't had to refresh, clear cache/history. There is just a small lag when watering trees.
  • Rocky123 (IN1)Rocky123 (IN1) IN1 Posts: 627
    The one good thing i saw after the update was i was able to load ships much more faster in DSF :)
    Thanks for doing it . Now the deep sea fishing has become better with the better loading speed :)
  • Don't seem to be freezing up every 30 seconds now =) Thank you!
  • I'm not sure if it's from the lag, but the following issue happens to my farms quite a lot after the server move:

I harvest my fields and I try to seed them again and they look as if they aren't been seeded. The issue goes away if I move to another farm and them come back to the farm in question at which point the fields look like they have seeds on them. Same goes for stables, etc... I harvest the eggs and I try to feed them but the ZZ icon stays on top of them. After moving between farms, the coups look as if they've been fed.

I had cleared cache and I re-log into the game several times per day. The issue still happened this morning a few times on my main farm and a couple of times on the Flower farm. It's not happening ALL the time.
  • CM_HunterCM_Hunter Posts: 448
    Thanks everyone for passing on your feedback, it certainly seems to be looking better than it was but do keep letting us know if it's improved or not. It's possible there some improvements and not all the issues were resolved but we think our last fix might have got the majority of the lag down by quite a bit. you're all great, keep the feedback coming!
  • CathyD (INT1)CathyD (INT1) INT1 Posts: 958
    The lag's gone for me, too.  Thanks for fixing this so quickly.
  • Big Beck (US1)Big Beck (US1) US1 Posts: 514
    I am still experiencing lag but it is intermittent and better than last night.  equipping the boats is the worst part. And harvesting fielsd and chickens is taking a very long time. Also, are we always going to have to sign on to get in the game every time we log out?I have selected the save password but I still have to log on everytime
  • Tinzen (SKN1)Tinzen (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 473
    At least 2 in my coop is having lag, and 1 is still having it, and it has for her gotten worser since yesterday after the move. There is a few, who on occanstlay gets kicked off as was before, so I guess that this lag wont be helping in this issuse either....
  • debj (GB1)debj (GB1) GB1 Posts: 157
    edited 23.03.2018
    the lag is better but I still have harvesting issues in the cooperative village and the information in the cooperative window tabs are all blank or have "i'm a text box" text. This part is actually slightly worse - they disappeared after a short time with the lag issue, now they won't correct without logging out of the game. 
    Post edited by debj (GB1) on
  • vtkady (US1)vtkady (US1) US1 Posts: 98
    Mine is definitely bad.  Lag is extremely slow.  I had signed off and back in, cleared cache, etc., but the chat window is totally empty and just says **Name** for everyone in the coop...also when I collect something, I have to switch farms and come back to have it actually collect.  Screen painting is extremely slow as well.  These are all issues from about 17:30 eastern time in U.S.  Yesterday was similar to today.  Had to log out/in quite a few times yesterday and I always clean cache each time and close out browser

• Have had problems most of the day with the DSF and loading the boats.  Had to log out and back on several times.  Also, difficulty seeding the fields.  Switching farms didn't help.  Log out and back on several times.  Lag, too, in harvesting crops.  Got a message that welcomed me back to my farm.  Afraid I would have trouble but the sign in worked okay.  Everything was there and nothing missing.  
  • BrownieGirl (US1)BrownieGirl (US1) US1 Posts: 32
    edited 22.03.2018
    There seems to have been some improvement in most farm functions. 

Coop trees are a bit easier to water, no double image of farms when moving from one farm to the next.  
    Not as much lag or freezing when going from main farm to gourmet, flower, etc.
    Chat is posting and members are on the board.
    Boats at Dockyard seem to function now.
    Harvesting is emptying a little smoother,  but still super slow to reload.

I hope you can fix the reloading of fields, sheds and other production.  That hesitation is taking up too much time.

Still waiting for a fast fix to the slow problem,
    Brownie
  • SuzyQ22 (US1)SuzyQ22 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,475
    The forums keep logging me out when I click my name to get updated forum information.  It will say login, then it I click on discussions and I am back into the forum.
  • vtkady (US1)vtkady (US1) US1 Posts: 98
    I don't even have a coop tree right now.  The coop tab shows no people or coop description other than 'blah' and I know there's one there.  I have no way to get to other farms to water them from any window.  Has the proper link to get to big farm changed, and we're possibly using an old link or something.  Really unable to do almost anything at this point
  • My HW event won't open, my coop watering tree has disappeared, I can't contact coop members because my chatbox is blank, when I try to open my organic market my chatbox opens instead, some fields and stables will harvest, others won't and the adventurers boat won't open. And that's if it allows you to log in at all, which is hit & miss. The game is now virtually unplayable.

• SuzyQ22 (US1)SuzyQ22 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,475
    What a bummer for some of you unable to play now.
  • Lag is gone here, too.  Thanks   B)
  • vbillyboy55 (AU1)vbillyboy55 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 214
    Lag problems seem to have been rectified.
    Can now enjoy game again  ,   thanks
  • PCA (GB1)PCA (GB1) GB1 Posts: 839

no more need to restart every few minutes as before. Collecting from buildings without any problem

well done, thanks ! 
  • rie22 (US1)rie22 (US1) US1 Posts: 361
    same with my coop on the us server, we are fine now. thanks! 
  • JustMe (US1)JustMe (US1) US1 Posts: 491
    while it is better still having issues with planting and harvesting and in chat

• 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    edited 30.01.2023
    no comment
    Post edited by 24-KL0V3R (US1) on
  • jess_d (US1)jess_d (US1) US1 Posts: 3,515
    The game is better for me now. I see that some are still having issues....what browser are you guys using & have you tried another browser to see if it helps?
  • I don't use the chat feature, so no feedback there. ALL other performance issues seem repaired on my US1 farm. Thanks for the quick fix!
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    Huge issues just now. Nothing loads, can't plant or harvest without having to reconnect. Horse tourney board blank. Cleared everything. Switched to a different computer.  Works fine on other sites.
  • debj (GB1)debj (GB1) GB1 Posts: 157
    edited 23.03.2018
    In addition to the problems with the coop village harvesting and the cooperative window ... also now have trouble with horse tournament ranking and WWC rankings being blank. Horse timers also blank. Have changed browsers & cleared caches. This is what my coop window looks like now: members & projects are completely blank, research has only the option of 1 piece of research which is said is not done. 

P.S. relogging isn't always correcting this now either. 

...Also, are we always going to have to sign on to get in the game every time we log out?I have selected the save password but I still have to log on everytime
    Hey Beck, the new login behaviour means that when you use the logout button your password will not be saved. To retain your password in the browser memory you can simply close the window containing Big Farm instead of logging out. This is a perfectly acceptable way to 'logout' of the game but will save your password so that you don't have to re-enter it each time. Hope that's a little more clear now and thanks for the report in the lag issues!
    In addition to the problems with the coop village harvesting and the cooperative window ... also now have trouble with horse tournament ranking and WWC rankings being blank. Horse timers also blank. Have changed browsers & cleared caches. This is what my coop window looks like now: members & projects are completely blank, research has only the option of 1 piece of research which is said is not done. 

Hi deb, is this issue still occurring for you since you reported it? Is anyone else still having any issues with the chat screen, leader boards or anything like that? Or does it seem to have been better since yesterday?
Sign In to comment.