Home EN Bug Reporting & Technical Issues

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Harvest Timers Not Working Correctly (Again!)

Comments

• *Bmp*
    Still occurring w/multiple times not just one farm. 
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    still happening
  • dchen1 (US1)dchen1 (US1) US1 Posts: 993
    If the harvest timer gets stuck at a few seconds left, you will know what is ready to harvest.  If the timer ends, you will not know what harvest is ready until you load the farm.  
    Or, sometimes the timers aren't stuck, and might show something ready to be harvested in an hour or so, but when you go to the farm, you'll find one or two things ready to be harvested, and have been sitting there for some time.  This is especially true of the FF.
  • Can we possibly get a fix for this? It's been happening for a while and it is extermely annoying when I go to harvest and find it is not ready yet.
  • Faranth2 (AU1)Faranth2 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 318
    edited 02.09.2018
    Or, more accurately, NON-notification.  Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

Post edited by WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) on
    Or, more accurately, NON-notification.  Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

Yes, it's been going on for a long time. Sometimes the notice will show a long harvest/production counting down when smaller ones have been sitting there finished. The problem goes away for a brief period, then comes back, especially when a lot of events are going on.
  • MRG1 (US1)MRG1 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,554
    Yes, just another of the myriad bugs that has been identified many months ago that GG needs to fix.
    Yes, just another of the myriad bugs that has been identified many months ago that GG needs to fix.
    Not to mention that clicking on the boat doesn't always work, either.  That's been reported a long time ago, too.
  • MRG1 (US1)MRG1 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,554
    Not to mention that clicking on the boat doesn't always work, either.  That's been reported a long time ago, too.
    Yes, but instead of fixing long-standing bugs that affect everyone, GG wastes their time implementing new content (one-click tree) that only perhaps 1% of the players will actually use.
  • I have noticed that it happens more if i dont have my lab on the flower farm working. but i do get it on all my farms some times it will count down to 4 sec and then stop so i dont realise that it has finished.very anoying
    As you can see ...

• Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    That's the Flower Farm, and yes, it's been a problem for a long time.  Reloading usually clears it up.

It's got something to do with making chum in the dockyard, but I haven't cared enough to try and figure out exactly what the pattern is.  I know if I don't make chum, I don't get the problem.

But anyway, it's a known issue.
    Thanks Southern. I tend to get confused when I'm not sleeping well.
    @Faranth2 (AU1)  @Southern (US1) I'm here to tell you, you don't have to be making chum for this to happen. Happens in the Gourmet Farm, too, as well as the Deep Sea Fishing area. Seems to be worse when there's a lot of activity, like a CC.  Like Southern says, reloading usually clears it up. :)
  • I am having an issue with my timers running too quickly!  I put up with it for the first few days, but now its downright annoying!  Especially for my fishing boats!

It runs very fast.  My icon on the right of the screen will show that a boat is ready to harvest, so I go to the fishing region and my boat will still have lots of time left on it.  it shows the timer seconds running about twice as fast as it should.  I have to reload the game just to see what is ready and what is not.  I have to do this about every half hour!  its getting very annoying.   several of the members of my coop are experiencing the same issue.

-FarmerJRGordon
    -TN Farmers Coop
  • BlueZilver (GB1)BlueZilver (GB1) GB1 Posts: 222
    edited 21.11.2018
    How come that the FF-timer often dont show 'next' harvest ???

• @BlueZilver (GB1) The FF & DSF both have a timer bug, where they show the end time for the last thing that you started, instead of the next thing to finish. With the DSF, you can just change farms & go back & it will be showing the correct time, but if I recall that doesn't work for the FF, you have to reload the game to get that one right.

@FarmerJRGordon (US1) Are you still having the issue with your timers? It sounds like a tricky one for the techie elves to reproduce & if it corrects itself when you reload, it is going to look ok to them, if they login to your farm. Is it possible for you to make a short video of it happening? If so, you could upload it to Dropbox & send me the link.
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    @WascallyWabbit

I'm having all kinds of issues with timers in conjunction with the Turbo Harvester.

Here's an example:

Donkeys are ready (as you can see). Turbo Harvester also says Donkeys are ready. Timer says Uh uh! Nothing ready for 23:38 (which is one of the goat pens below the donkeys). 

Same on Main Farm:

Turbo Harvester knows what's ready, Timer says "Nope! Not for another 40 seconds there buddy!" :)

Reloading of course clears it up, but then after 1 or 2 harvests the timers are all out of sync again.

• @Southern (US1)  I will pass it on & thanks for the screenshots -  The timers are in the queue for a rework, because of the bug described about by BlueZilver, which also occurs on DSF, then the one where the timers get struck between 00:00:01 & 00:00:05 & all the requests for additional things to be added to them.
  • DebRN (US1)DebRN (US1) US1 Posts: 697
    Main Farm and Gourmet Farm seem to be the only 2 that never fail to alert me that production is finished. Lately Ranch doesn't even appear to be active, deep sea fishing is hit and miss and flower farm frequently doesn't alert me, This used to be a rare event, but the last 2 weeks or so it has been daily.  Anybody else having trouble in these areas?  I'm on chrome latest version.
    Main Farm and Gourmet Farm seem to be the only 2 that never fail to alert me that production is finished. Lately Ranch doesn't even appear to be active, deep sea fishing is hit and miss and flower farm frequently doesn't alert me, This used to be a rare event, but the last 2 weeks or so it has been daily.  Anybody else having trouble in these areas?  I'm on chrome latest version.
    Yes, I posted about this as well. FF is the worst, and I also have trouble with the fishing region being accurate. The Horse Ranch works only if I hover over the alerts.
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    Also on the subject of the Right-hand menu, when it alerts a basket icon or a yellow star appear briefly.
    Recently a Yellow Padlock has been putting in an appearance, does anybody know what it signifies ?
  • Also on the subject of the Right-hand menu, when it alerts a basket icon or a yellow star appear briefly.
    Recently a Yellow Padlock has been putting in an appearance, does anybody know what it signifies ?
    I have been seeing the yellow padlock for a couple of weeks. I click on it and it disappears. First time I saw it, I thought it was the deco tower lock. Maybe one of the mods can share with us what it is.
  • Seeker1 (US1)Seeker1 (US1) US1 Posts: 571
    Sometimes my horse ranch will read "No current production"  even though I have horses training or the mine is in production.  :/

I believe the yellow padlock signifies a new deco is unlocked in the tower.
    Yet when i look through the tower i dont see anything new to unlock yet I receive the notification quite often. :/
    I'm guessing it must be a known issue since I've seen others post of the same occurrence. 
    I, too, am curious about the padlock. Mine pops out constantly, yet I haven't won neither a new deco, nor new DV tokens.
    From Official Announcements:

""Issues from the end of 2018

We already gave you details on some of the issues which happened during the Christmas holidays, but we’d like to grab the loose ends now and give you an overview as to which of those issues we’ll tackle with this update:

3. You received decorations from Santa’s Wheel which were not unlocked in the deco tower after building them and/or which were shown with a wrong information dialogue?

The corresponding slots in the deco tower for the decorations won from Santa’s Wheel will be unlocked and the wrong information dialogues were fixed. If you have the decos, which were not unlocked in the deco tower, built on your farm already, you’ll have to store them and rebuilt them in order to trigger the unlocking. If you trashed corresponding decos already, they will not be unlocked.""

From Official Announcements:

""Issues from the end of 2018

We already gave you details on some of the issues which happened during the Christmas holidays, but we’d like to grab the loose ends now and give you an overview as to which of those issues we’ll tackle with this update:

3. You received decorations from Santa’s Wheel which were not unlocked in the deco tower after building them and/or which were shown with a wrong information dialogue?

The corresponding slots in the deco tower for the decorations won from Santa’s Wheel will be unlocked and the wrong information dialogues were fixed. If you have the decos, which were not unlocked in the deco tower, built on your farm already, you’ll have to store them and rebuilt them in order to trigger the unlocking. If you trashed corresponding decos already, they will not be unlocked.""

Not sure this is it. I have nothing to unlock in my tower. The padlock pops out from the right task side when I harvest something. There is no padlock on the tower, and when I scroll through the floors, there is nothing to unlock.
    From what I understand of the announcement,  if i have won and placed any decos from the Santa's Wheel on my farm... to store them and place them again... and this should remedy the padlock notifications.
    ...worth a try IMHO.  :)
    From what I understand of the announcement,  if i have won and placed any decos from the Santa's Wheel on my farm... to store them and place them again... and this should remedy the padlock notifications.
    ...worth a try IMHO.  :)
    I did that already, LOL!  Maybe they could just fix the notifications?
Sign In to comment.