Home EN Contests & Awards

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

CMs Challenge #2 - ❀ Plant a Flower Day ❀

CM KeledarCM Keledar Posts: 9
edited 12.03.2018 in Contests & Awards

Happy "Plant a Flower Day" to you all!

Only few things on earth are as beautiful and fascinating as flowers. There are over 250 000 different types of flowers in the world which are used for many different purposes. Whether medicine, perfume or a nice bouquet, flowers make our lives better in different senses.

As a tribute to our love for flowers in real life and in Big Farm, we would like to organize a challenge with a flowery topic & great in-game prizes to win.

Since our Asian themed event, with the new speed challenge mode, just started, we thought that the interesting art of Origami and flowers are just a perfect match. Therefore we would ask you to get your craft materials out and get creative.

What is the challenge about?

• We would like you to craft an Origami flower(s), as colourful, unique and beautiful as possible 
  • Place a label showing your username & server, next to your flowers, then take a picture & post it on this thread - Pictures without this label, will not be considered as valid entries.
  • Only 1 entry per person
  • Your picture can contain 1 or more flowers

For reference we have some Origami flower instructions for you:

Stem: http://www.origami-instructions.com/origami-lily-with-stem.html

Flower: http://www.origami-instructions.com/origami-lily.html

If you feel like doing a different kind of Origami flower, fell free to have a look at the other instructions on their website.

http://www.origami-instructions.com/origami-flowers.html

When does the challenge end?

The last entries will be accepted on the 18th of March at 23:59 CET

We will announce the winners on the 19th of March.

What's in the boxes?!

The three best, most beautiful, creative, unique, appealing flowers will be picked & will each receive the special community decoration “Family Picnic Table” to enjoy some nice hours with family and friends among flowers. 

Size 3x3 -  Happiness 54

We are looking forward seeing the pictures of your beautiful DIY flowers!

Your CM-Team

Comments

• I have a question. Do the participants have to prove somehow that the image they post is not just copied from the vast amount of origami images on the internet? 

Should we hold a piece of paper with BigFarm written on it next to the origami? I think something along these lines should be in the rules of participation.
  • farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    I have a question. Do the participants have to prove somehow that the image they post is not just copied from the vast amount of origami images on the internet? 

Should we hold a piece of paper with BigFarm written on it next to the origami? I think something along these lines should be in the rules of participation.
    @FarmerMica (US1) It's already in the rules.....

• Place a label showing your username & server, next to your flowers, then take a picture & post it on this thread - Pictures without this label, will not be considered as valid entries.
  • jess_d (US1)jess_d (US1) US1 Posts: 3,515
    edited 13.03.2018

This is the first time I've made an origami flower so don't laugh  :p  
    My eyes read it, but my tired brain didn't register it. Thanks for clearing it up.

• Flowers bloom at night  ;)

• Xcution (INT1)Xcution (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,183
    Flowers bloom at night  ;)

@Tinie Sudjana (INT1) dear  place ur name other wise u will disqualify
  • Xcution (INT1) said:
    @Tinie Sudjana (INT1) dear  place ur name other wise u will disqualify
    @Xcution (INT1) I see Tinie's name - Looks like a good entry to me :)
  • shazamd (US1)shazamd (US1) US1 Posts: 766
  • Nice everyone!  Keep them coming!

•  @Xcution (INT1)   why? hmmm, looks like you like me .... lol

Thanks very much @WascallyWabbit ;)
  • RunsWivScissors (GB1)RunsWivScissors (GB1) GB1 Posts: 6,633
    edited 15.03.2018
    Uh oh, looks like my origami flower got attacked by my origami scissors!!

Lachen Smileys Smileys en emoticons

Post edited by RunsWivScissors (GB1) on
  • This was fun  :)

For those who have not tried this because they think they have to buy special paper - you do not.  If you have leftover gift wrap, you can use that.  Just cut it into 6"x6" or 8"x8" square.  If you want the paper, Michael's stores in the U.S. carries it.
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    Oh well, this contest is a bust for me....I do appreciate the designs of others...but I don't do it myself.  I look forward to the winners! :D<3o:)
  • For those who have not tried this because they think they have to buy special paper - you do not.  If you have leftover gift wrap, you can use that.  Just cut it into 6"x6" or 8"x8" square.  If you want the paper, Michael's stores in the U.S. carries it.
    I used post-its :smiley:
  • bonto (IN1)bonto (IN1) Posts: 2
    edited 19.03.2018
    https://prntscr.com/ishxmj
    Love doing origami!

[Image added to post | Wabbit]
    Post edited by WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) on
  • erkul (TR1)erkul (TR1) TR1 Posts: 2

Extra Cheaper, My facility
  • not something i have done before this is my try .
  • Barbiecharm (IN1)Barbiecharm (IN1) IN1 Posts: 5,242
    edited 19.03.2018
    My first experience in making an origami flower.. I'm busy in exams but I spent some time making this..
    I know it's not so good looking, but I tried my best..

Post edited by Barbiecharm (IN1) on
  • origami is fun. It helped me spent my time b/w studies.(exams on the go) Thnx GGS! :)
  • They are all very nice Great job ........... B)  <3

• What wonderful flowers, good work everyone!

It was not an easy decision, but the 3 recipients of the "Family Picnic Table" deco are:

Tinie Sudjana (INT1) 
    shazamd (US1)
    bonto (IN1)

In addition. as you all did such a great job,
    all entries will receive the new Origami Artist Badge

So congratulation to you all & thankyou for taking part!

• Thnx for the badge. :D
  • Barbiecharm (IN1)Barbiecharm (IN1) IN1 Posts: 5,242
    Congratulations to @bonto (IN1), @shazamd (US1) and @Tinie Sudjana (INT1)

Thanks for the badge...

• Congrats to the winners! 
  • Woww, I Win !!!!  Thanks very much @CM Keledar  ;)

and welcome to my farm "Familly Picnic Table deco's"  ;)

Congratulations  @bonto (IN1) and @shazamd (US1) too  :);)

" keep our earth from human greed which has no human nature "
  • farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    edited 19.03.2018
    @bonto (IN1)  @shazamd (US1)  @Tinie Sudjana (INT1)                                                                                     Congratulations! What a cool badge you all got!    

I always try to enter forum contests, but this one called for more dexterity than I possess.  ;) 
     Here's what the result of my efforts looked like.......

Related image 
                                                 Recognize the kind of flower?    No?          It's a "Crush-anthemum!"  
    Post edited by farmerjohn 22 (US1) on
  • farmerjohn 22 (US1) it looks like a rose to me. 
    If you want to see some work by people who are seriously into origami, check out the photos of the decorations the OrigamiUSA group does each year for a holiday tree at the American Museum of Natural History in New York City:
    https://origamiusa.org/holidaytree

This discussion has been closed.