Home EN General Discussions & Questions Most Discussed Topics

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Deep sea fishing question

Comments

• artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    @Emm55, I LOVE lobsters with a passion that borders on the unnatural...LOL!  "Set it and forget it" is right. This time, not one request for lobsters in the FHWE. Not one. Managed to finish, though, thank goodness.  
  • Corvid (GB1)Corvid (GB1) GB1 Posts: 625
    edited 15.03.2018
    disaster items are pointless, dont use them

i know ggs want to change that, which means they'll make disasters hurt your haul more

one of the specific things they did say about future changes to the dockyard

you nerfed it enough ggs, leave well alone pls
  • I hope there are not more disasters, because the far pools are a complete waste for me with the werry and skipjacks, they always come back with big losses, yesterday the skipjack lost 26 fish, that makes the run go into the red.  

One of the things I have noticed in the last week or so is that my contracts are more and more not for just money, I fish for money and don't want 1 or 2 water, horseshoes, or seeds.  I had a contract for 1 bag of rose seeds and 1 bag of violet seeds no money.  Either are not worth over 200K $ in fish.  Right now everyone of my contracts have additional items besides money, there are  EX, seeds, water, nothing I want, but to keep deleting them is detrimental.
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    I've just started pricing up contracts and, so far, as long as some money is included, the price paid is better than selling the fish from inventory.
    Up till now I have declined all contracts that included such over-priced cr=p but I am being forced to reconsider 
  • Continuing the "female dog in heat" session...why offer us boats as prizes if we (1) can't sell them or break them down for parts, or (2) can't place more than 14 in the dock yard???  I have 8 Prize Boats that I can't do a darn thing with!!  As for the disasters, I am fortunate enough to make millions per day even though I work (Real Life) 10-hour days, so the extra $$$$ for ink packs, magnifiers, propellers, etc. doesn't faze me, and about 90% of the time I lose no fish when the haul gets back to port.  To me they are worth the cost, as are the coolers, as the coolers help me empty the pools quicker.  Regarding lobsters, I never got to use my lobster catch on this last FHWE; my  herring catches lasted over 36 hours at 7/sec - 9/sec, and I ended up only using herring and clams by the time I collected all the prizes. Oh yeah, the same goes for boat workers as prizes; I don't have any more motorboats, so how come I can't sell those useless workers off when I get them as prizes???

• Great good point Andy!!!  I have a TON of useless people, equipment and boats!!  I would love to see something done where we could SELL the things we don't need instead of just trashing them!  At least make Santa more interested in fishing during his workshop event, that would be nice to use it all for his prizes at Christmas time....... :p  
  • funki (US1)funki (US1) US1 Posts: 75
    i have made a few dollar fishing but i dont use coolers or  protection
  • I have an inflatable boat and I want to get a new one. How do I do it? And how do you see all the boats you have?

Thanks,
    Johnset
  • RobAnybody (US1)RobAnybody (US1) US1 Posts: 176
    The inflatable raft  on Flower farm is where you can rent boats. Boats you own are in the fishing region. You need to be a certain level and have finished all of Oleg's tasks to unlock it
  • shazamd (US1)shazamd (US1) US1 Posts: 766
    Here's a link to information on the Dockyard and Deep Sea Fishing.  There's a link to all the Oleg tasks on the page.  
    http://crazybigfarm.tk/farm/dockyard/dockyard.htm

• Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    edited 26.04.2018
    There was talk some time ago that GG was going to revamp the deep sea fishing.
    One of the things they said was that at least one pool of everything would be available all the time.
    Is that going to happen?  In my lifetime?  

Look…. I started to fill a contract thinking I had everything.
    But… turns out I am ONE…. count um ONE clam short.   AND this particular contract is one of those limited time deals so if I don't fill it before the clock runs out I'll lose all the stuff I sent already.
    I kept a runabout empty thinking as soon as I saw a clam pool I'd send it.  Get my one as fast as I can.
    BUT NO!   NO clams yesterday, NO clams today, and considering on one of my other farms I had a HUGE contract that needed clams and I didn't get ANY for about two weeks… I have no expectations of seeing my one remaining clam now.

GG this really sucks the fun out of the game.  Require something for a reward, then not offer what I need to chase to win it.

look…. feel my pain.

SaveSave
    ouch! I do feel your pain! :(
  • farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    @Artmaker (GB1)  Been there myself, Artmaker.  The availability of shellfish is definitely a limiting factor in completion of contracts.  :(
  • CathyD (INT1)CathyD (INT1) INT1 Posts: 958
    I've had nothing but shellfish and lobster for two days.  Needing salmon and swordfish, of course. :expressionless:
  • Xcution (INT1)Xcution (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,183
    One of the things they said was that at least one pool of everything would be available all the time.

But… turns out I am ONE…. count um ONE clam short.   AND this particular contract is one of those limited time deals so if I don't fill it before the clock runs out I'll lose all the stuff I sent already.
    I kept a runabout empty thinking as soon as I saw a clam pool I'd send it.  Get my one as fast as I can.
    BUT NO!   NO clams yesterday, NO clams today, and considering on one of my other farms I had a HUGE contract that needed clams and I didn't get ANY for about two weeks… I have no expectations of seeing my one remaining clam now.

GG this really sucks the fun out of the game.  Require something for a reward, then not offer what I need to chase to win it.

look…. feel my pain.

SaveSave
    Hey dear don't donate anything till u got full availability this thing gave u a huge amount other wise 0 so I thi k we need huge amount not zero so when u got all the supplies put them in high contracts at onc
  • dchen1 (US1)dchen1 (US1) US1 Posts: 993
    I keep at least 1000 of every fish before doing contracts and fill limited contracts all at once.  
  • Xcution (INT1)Xcution (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,183

look…. feel my pain.

SaveSave

I got the note that time was up and it was only 60 something gold to push it through.  So why not.  Didn't want to waste everything I put in.  8 mil is hard to come by.

And yea… WATCH the numbers BEFORE donating anything.  I usually do that but just missed it here.

Every single contract I have waiting now needs clams.  STILL no clams.  But that's fine, I just keep collecting what I can catch for the next round of contracts all wanting tuna.

• gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    Are u sure u want GGS to update it? Everything they have done lately has been a disaster and I really dont want fishing contracts that offer regular mining licenses and wet pig feed as reward! Its one of the few features of the game left that hasn't been ruined by the new "automated rewards system".
    Are u sure u want GGS to update it? Everything they have done lately has been a disaster and I really dont want fishing contracts that offer regular mining licenses and wet pig feed as reward! Its one of the few features of the game left that hasn't been ruined by the new "automated rewards system".
    NO actually I don't wish they would upgrade it.   Your right, GG would put out a fire with a blow torch.
    As much as I would like to see at least one pond of everything, some of the other stuff that was being discussed is more harm caused by storms and such.  Sure don't want that at all.   

I don't even know where that discussion thread went.  Maybe it's off the table.  (Yea.)

Still…. every single contract I have waiting needs hundredS of clams.   Day after day after day I have not seen a clam pool.
    I think I'll just trash ALL my waiting contracts and see what else I can get.
  • Surya54 (INT1)Surya54 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 507
    Enough said  :/

The others also crustacean.
  • MRG1 (US1)MRG1 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,554
    NO actually I don't wish they would upgrade it.   Your right, GG would put out a fire with a blow torch.
    As much as I would like to see at least one pond of everything, some of the other stuff that was being discussed is more harm caused by storms and such.  Sure don't want that at all.   
    Agreed! No need for GG to introduce storms or other such disasters to fishing, they create enough disasters every time they do a so-called 'upgrade'.
  • Are u sure u want GGS to update it? Everything they have done lately has been a disaster and I really dont want fishing contracts that offer regular mining licenses and wet pig feed as reward! Its one of the few features of the game left that hasn't been ruined by the new "automated rewards system".
    They should just leave it alone and let us limp along. Last time they updated it, they removed the ability to sell fish at all. Great "fix"... 
    There was also mention in an announcement of adding hazards and other "fun stuff" to make fishing more complex and strategic. I, for one, would prefer no update if these kinds of things are involved.
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    There are two things i'd like to see. Increase the maximum boats allowed in your fleet from 14 to 20 and increase number of pools in the deep sea fishing area to 10. That will make it a lot easier to fill contracts and a higher likelyhood of shellfish ponds in play. I DO NOT want a more dynamic deep sea fishing, i'm already overwhelmed by the sheer excitement of winning regular mining licenses and feed in other events.....so dynamic it makes me want to explode lol.
  • buddy194 (US1)buddy194 (US1) US1 Posts: 382
    I cancelled 24 contracts in a row while waiting to get a crustacean pool.  Spawned 18 new pools before I finally got one.  Had enough crustaceans to fill ONE contract.
    UG… got some really sweet contracts after trashing what I had.  And every single one of them wants more than a few hundred clams.  And once again not a single clam pool to be found.

(Though a few showed up last night, one had 30 something in it, the other even less.)

Yea isn't this just so much fun?   It was better when we just sold fish and actually made money doing it.
    But the balance was off.    Gee… play a game, get rewards which is fun so you want to play more.
    How was that "off"?  

OH… play the game, get big rewards dangled at us, then "balance" it so they are impossible to reach.
    Yea that's just SO much better.     (not)
  • I average 4 lobster pools and 1-2 tuna pools a day   if I get swordfish, etc. or shellfish  that could be days before I get one of those
  • dchen1 (US1)dchen1 (US1) US1 Posts: 993
    edited 01.05.2018
    I got 4 shellfish pools at the same time.  

This is the big harvest.

So YOUR hogging up all the shellfish…. I see.  
    lol.     
Sign In to comment.