Home EN Suggestions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Start booster rewards manually ☯️

Comments

• Andrew56 (AU1)Andrew56 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 879
    I do mostly agree with the above suggestions.
    Certainly the Boosters starting mechanism  needs to change.

However, I am  concerned about @gizmo22 (AU1) & @dchen1 (US1)'s idea of being able to pause the boosters.

Because then, players can accumulate  heaps of boosters; imagine a player having 10 boosters going all at once!
    You could save up your boosters & at the end of the month start 5 'shorter times' boosters which would mean that everything would almost be instant.

Also, say you have a fishing Xp booster, when you are collecting fish/oleg turn it on & then turn  it off.  You could just turn it on & off, on & off, when you wanted, -this would not work!

So, YES, the boosters need to be changed, so that  they don't start when your not on, but I think you are going too far, with the above idea.

Instead I would just change the boosters so that they start when you next log-in to the game.

Thoughts?
  • I have gotten multiple boosters for 2 hours for my orchards, well my orchards have never been ready during the 2 hours so it is useless.  All boosters should be activated at the players will not the games, last time the Hardworker event ended I was traveling, when I got home the booster was done before I got to do anything.
    edited 10.03.2018
    @Goldenfarm1 (DE1) ,
    I do see your point, Yes, that could be a problem. 

The only other way, (that I can think of) to remedy my concerns, but still change the boosters to a better starting mechanic, would be to do as @dchen1 (US1)  & @gizmo22 (AU1) said above. But have a cap on the amount of boosters that you can have going at one time.  I would say that 3 boosters at any one time, is the limit.

The other idea that could help, would be to have it so that the Player starts the booster whenever they want to, but once they start it, the booster is on, you can't stop (pause) it.

I would have both of my above ideas, implemented.

Otherwise, Big (high level) players & Big (High level) Co-ops will abuse it.  Making a further gulf between the Top Co-op & the rest.
    At least on my server, the Big Top Co-op, -the Misfits,- are ruthless, they are miles, and miles ahead of every other Co-op in every single event.  Giving them more 'powers' of production is a VERY bad idea.

Thoughts?

Yes, I too have been asking for GGS to change the boosters so that players start them when they want to.

We have been discusing it here;
    https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/167544/start-boosters-manually-%EF%B8%8F#latest

What do you guys think?     How should the boosters be changed  1. they start the next time the player logs-in to the game?  Or 2. that the player can actually start the boosters when they want to?
  • ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
    Yes, I too have been asking for GGS to change the boosters so that players start them when they want to.

We have been discusing it here;
    https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/167544/start-boosters-manually-%EF%B8%8F#latest

What do you guys think?     How should the boosters be changed  1. they start the next time the player logs-in to the game?  Or 2. that the player can actually start the boosters when they want to?
    After reading the thread you posted, I do agree that these boosters can easily be misused to get a large advantage in many events, though I do not agree with the reason to prevent that specific cooperative from getting a larger advantage, since many cooperatives will be able to do that, so it is not really necessary to take the advantage away to prevent the strongest cooperative from using it. It can also be used by many higher level players like me to get a large advantage in individual events like the goldfish rescue, worldwide championships etc. and it will make those events extremely unfair.

There are even other ways that can ruin many of the functions of the game if this feature was to be implemented, so honestly I can't see it happening. But perhaps being able to have a booster start when you log in after an event within a certain time period (eg. 24 hours) can help to prevent players from wasting their booster while not having it be misused in events to gain a large advantage over other players.
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    That sounds good, a 24 hour count down with a "Start Now" button on all the boosters. It would certainly make me happier.
  • Starting only when we log on/choose to start it, and I like the idea that once started no pausing. And there should be a limit of 2-3 on at once.
    Or-Another thought is a limit of 3 weeks to have the booster used from the date won; already have mechanism for counting down time.
    Starting only when we log on/choose to start it, and I like the idea that once started no pausing. And there should be a limit of 2-3 on at once.
    Or-Another thought is a limit of 3 weeks to have the booster used from the date won; already have mechanism for counting down time.
    Unfortunately this will not work, players can easily combine certain boosters to destroy certain functions of the game. It would need to be a much shorter time limit to start them within, or alternatively have them start when the player logs in to the game, and having a certain time limit so if the player has not logged in by then, the booster will start automatically.
  • dchen1 (US1)dchen1 (US1) US1 Posts: 993
    Make boosters not stackable, a 15% production booster and a 20% production booster running at the same time will give a 20% boost.  
    edited 12.03.2018
    Make boosters not stackable, a 15% production booster and a 20% production booster running at the same time will give a 20% boost.  
    This does fix a few instances where it can be misused, but I can still think of some others that this will not prevent from giving a huge advantage in many events and can still destroy certain functions of the game.
    This does fix a few instances where it can be misused, but I can still think of some others that this will not prevent from giving a huge advantage in many events and can still destroy certain functions of the game.

@dchen1 (US1), @ninjahuman (AU1) is spot on above, it would help a lot, & if you also made it so that you can only have 2 or 3 boosters at any one time, it may work.

Along with the 24 hour count down with a "Start Now" button on all the boosters, I think that is the solution!
  • Rocky123 (IN1)Rocky123 (IN1) IN1 Posts: 627
    Hello ,

This wont work out . 
    Simple reason : Imagine a player starting up two  50 percent construction boosters when architect is available . So he gets hundred percent construction booster = buildings get constructed in 1 second or less hehe :)
    So this will ultimately reduce gold sales of ggs hehe. U know many people skip architect construction and if it is going to be the case that is not needed anymore as everyone will have only level 9 buildings (PS : if they have enough farm dollars ) .

So it will bring huge unbalance to the game .

But orchards and the field booster can be started manually , they dont cause any harm to the game :) but messing up with construction booster and production booster will cause a lot of problems is what i feel .
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    Hello ,

This wont work out . 
    Simple reason : Imagine a player starting up two  50 percent construction boosters when architect is available . So he gets hundred percent construction booster = buildings get constructed in 1 second or less hehe :)

I don't think this is as big a problem as you foresee. When I win 24hrs double XP and then win another 24hrs double XP I get 48hrs double XP not 24 hrs quadruple XP. Two 50% construction boosters would only give 50% boost but for twice as long.
    edited 28.03.2018
    Hello ,

This wont work out . 

I don't think this is as big a problem as you foresee. When I win 24hrs double XP and then win another 24hrs double XP I get 48hrs double XP not 24 hrs quadruple XP. Two 50% construction boosters would only give 50% boost but for twice as long.
    U need proof (will only be sent by personal message hehe )?
    I have already got this 5 times  >:)>:) hehe if i am to reveal the truth  and many more in our server too have got it as far as i know :) .
    Two 50 percent wont give but some other combinations will and thats why they are refraining from giving it away so easily .
    edited 29.03.2018
    @Rocky123 (IN1), Your above post is not entirely respectful; You are actually wrong, if you paid attention to the game you would know that!
    So, for your "proof' pay attention to what happens, next time you get 2 of the same boosters.
    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    As @Uncle John (GB1) has explained above, if you have 2 of the same  boosters (whether same length or not) they will 'merge' (best word I could think of) into one booster that goes for longer.

So, as already happens, If I have a 24 hours double XP booster, & then I win/recieve a 12 hours double XP booster, I will now have a 36 Hours double XP booster.

Same will happen with all boosters!   
    :)  ;)  B)  

EDIT:  I have been informed that I may be wrong, I'm very sorry if I am!
    Certainly in all of my experiences, when you have 2 of the same boosters, they merge, giving you longer time, not a higher % booster!!!

I'm sure that I have not had every combination of every boosters, I assumed that all boosters merged, because that has always been my experience.

(Yes, I have had 2 of other boosters at the same time too, they all have merged)  To be honest I'm quite shocked that GGS has a certain combination of boosters, that when played right, don't merge!

Time will tell, seems weird that they would make some instances different!

Post edited by Andrew56 (AU1) on
    edited 28.03.2018
    Yes, as @Uncle John (GB1) has explained above, if you have 2 of the same  boosters (whether same length or not) they will 'merge' (best word I could think of) into one booster that goes for longer.

So, as already happens, If I have a 24 hours double XP booster, & then I win/recieve a 12 hours double XP booster, I will now have a 36 Hours double XP booster.

Same will happen with all boosters!    :)  ;)  B)  
    Okies no worries if u dont believe me
    The day when u figure it out and get it and u will know why doesnt ggs give boosters like that .
    (PS : Same boosters merge but different boosters dont and common elements get added up in percentage  :) ) .
    edited 29.03.2018
    The day when u figure it out and get it and u will know why doesnt ggs give boosters like that .
    (PS : Same boosters merge but different boosters dont and common elements get added up in percentage  :) ) .
    Certainly in all of my experiences, when you have 2 of the same boosters, they merge, giving you longer time, not a higher % booster!!!

I'm sure that I have not had every combination of every boosters, I assumed that all boosters merged, because that has always been my experience.

(Yes, I have had 2 of other boosters at the same time too, they all have merged)  To be honest I'm quite shocked that GGS has a certain combination of boosters, that when played right, don't merge!

• mia111 (GB1)mia111 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 741
    edited 29.03.2018

Same boosters merge. Different boosters accumulate. By same it means the same type of booster with the same % effects. For example, two 5% reputation booster get concatenated in time so it is equivalent to a single 5% rep booster over a longer period of time. A 5% rep booster and a 10% rep booster don't merge so the result is that you have 15% rep booster during the time the shorter of them and 5% (or 10% depending what was the longer booster or 0% if both boosters had the same duration)  during the rest of the time.
    For construction there are at least 2 different types of 50% time reduction boosters: one that is only a construction reduction booster and another one that is also a production reduction booster. Having both at the same time would make a 100% time reduction construction booster. Having only 2 of the same type will only give 50% for long time.
  • dchen1 (US1)dchen1 (US1) US1 Posts: 993

@dchen1 (US1), @ninjahuman (AU1) is spot on above, it would help a lot, & if you also made it so that you can only have 2 or 3 boosters at any one time, it may work.

Along with the 24 hour count down with a "Start Now" button on all the boosters, I think that is the solution!
    Some players only play 2 times a week.  A 2-3 booster limit would still make it fair.  
  • landghe (SKN1)landghe (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 93
    @SuzyQ22 (US1) Boosters are always activated immediately, whether they are won in events or mystery boxes etc or purchased, they are not an object which is stored in your inventory &  it is something that we have passed on suggestions about several times.

If you logged out of your farm just after it was activated, I would suggest contacting support & explaining the situation to them, they should be able to see that you were logged out, though I can`t promise they will refund your gold, it can't hurt to try.

Good luck!
    But seriously unfair.
    When winning a farmbooster for example 6h after an event. When the events end here in Finland at 01.00 night, you get no gain from a booster, because I work and I need sleep. Not even a 12h booster is of use because of work.
    "9 . Ability to choose when to activate bought/won boosters
    The benefit of these bonuses have a huge impact on the game mechanics and this means that having the chance to stack them has a direct potential risk of abusing this, unbalancing the event requirements." 
    It is not balancing, when most boosters are unfair and already benefit some more or can be bought. The game is already unbalanced. After the wwc event another totally wasted farmbonus possibly coming, already lost it twice 2x6h farm booster which came and went. Same after shinkei and goldfish....
  • Liz50 (US1)Liz50 (US1) US1 Posts: 3
    my top 500 bonus for 48 hours lasted about 2 hours ..wth
  • FastSylvia (NL1)FastSylvia (NL1) NL1 Posts: 102
    my top 500 bonus for 48 hours lasted about 2 hours ..wth
    Mayby you should try to get to the top 20 to get a good bonus? We are all working with the same :wink:
  • Ozzie (AU1)Ozzie (AU1) AU1 Posts: 524
    The time bonus I sometimes get has already started & finished before I get up in the morning so NO bonus at all.

What's the point of working to get the bonus if it has finished before we log on?  It should start the moment you log on next NOT when the event finishes.  The boat on the flower farm does not start the countdown until you log on & give it what it wants so why can't the same happen to the bonus time?

I've said it before many times that the shorter production times are not usable for some servers.  But has GGS listened?  That's a big fat NO!
  • Penfold (GB1)Penfold (GB1) GB1 Posts: 252
    @CM_Hunter

It would be SO nice if we could choose when benefits like 'shorter times' etc could start! I've been awarded several hours (8hrs?) of 'shorter times' - but it's currently 2.52am here in the UK (yes, I know I should be in bed, lol) - but that's my point ; it started automatically, and I shall be asleep for the majority of the time so won't gain much from the reward gained by my - and my team's - efforts :(

Is there some way that such rewards could be saved as an item in our inventories - perhaps in the 'equipment' section - so that players can activate them at a time when they can actually take advantage of them? 

I venture to say that this would be a great help to many players, so could the Mods please forward this to the Dev's? Thanks.
  • Seeker1 (US1)Seeker1 (US1) US1 Posts: 571
    I would exploit the game by saving all my shorter times boosters and only activate them during
    cooperative-play events: Cooperative Championship, Cooperative Hard Work event, etc etc.

How would you store such boosters if say one is for 72 hours and one is for 24 hours and one is for 12 hours.
    that's a lot of inventory to keep tabs on. Would they all be held separately, or added all together.
    Well of course the developers could implement it.  But is it in their best interest to give players such a huge advantage.
  • ijrosh (US1)ijrosh (US1) US1 Posts: 1,325
    edited 01.12.2018
    No you make it so that it has to be started with in 24 hours of getting it people earned the reward fairly they should be able to use the reward they worked so hard for it is not the players fault when the event is over they have no cotrol over when the event ends so they should lose out on a weeks worth of effort and probably gold because they have to work or go to school or sleep I mean you would think the game people would want there players to go to work so they can spend the money they make on the game I guess but my solution was a lot easier I just stoped trying so hard at the events why spend so many hours playing and so much gold to not be able to get the award I worked for also there are a lot more decorations and those are stored just fine and like I said not a huge advantage if you do a 24 hour limit and even limit the amount a day if you want for like the trees and stuff and yes it would be in the company's advantage to do this because I would not think I would be the only one that would try harder and spend more gold to get the reward if I was actually going to be able to use it
  • Seeker1 (US1)Seeker1 (US1) US1 Posts: 571
    edited 01.12.2018
    Truth be told, if prizes carried an expiration date, I would probably look for a new game to play.
     If the timed-booster prizes could be added to the inventory-equipment and the players were given the choice when to activate them-- I'm all for it.  They've implemented "booster SKINS" why not do the same for all boosters in general.  :)
  • JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    no no no!! I think leave the booster prizes as is... let them start whenever they start... thought about it and really don't care to remember to go in a dropbox to activate... if I am on I get the benefit, If I am sleeping so be it!!
    Truth be told, if prizes carried an expiration date, I would probably look for a new game to play.
     If the booster prizes could be added to the inventory-equipment and the players were given the choice when to activate them-- I'm all for it.  They've implemented "booster SKINS" why not do the same for all boosters in general.  :)
    Well I was only talking about the bosters but what do you consider the construction tokens? They sort of have a experation date on them I mean if you have 50 then you just lose out on any new ones you get 
    JVD (US1) said:
    no no no!! I think leave the booster prizes as is... let them start whenever they start... thought about it and really don't care to remember to go in a dropbox to activate... if I am on I get the benefit, If I am sleeping so be it!!
    You might not have to seeing how my thought is so they don't start well you are not on so what if when you log on and get the pop up that says you won the prize what if there is a handy button right there that says activate award 
Sign In to comment.