Home EN Suggestions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

License Fail

I already had 9 regular license's I wasn't using... what makes you think I want 7 more!

How about some GML' instead!

Comments

• SuzyQ22 (US1)SuzyQ22 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,475
    I already had 9 regular license's I wasn't using... what makes you think I want 7 more!

How about some GML' instead!
    Really?  Wow, I would love to be given 7 RML even if I already have some in store.  It's free farm money.
  • qewt (US1)qewt (US1) US1 Posts: 161
    edited 03.03.2018

I have 19.

Why would I ever want them ?

Get rid of them and replace them with something worthwhile, or give out more GML.

Even when I was level 12 these were useless, they have never done anything for me.

edit: @SuzyQ22 (US1), are we playing the same game? $2k does not help anyone get any deco or build there farm at all in anyway, even, or especially, young farms who need something decent to earn money until they can unlock the fishing area. $2k is equal to nothing, it does nothing, it means nothing, it is utterly useless, it may as well be zero.I have been playing only for a few months, I am now level 62, I remember well my time before level 20, RMLs were never helpful. It does not matter if you are level 1, $2k means nothing.
    Post edited by qewt (US1) on
    None of it makes sense to me.  Free Money-Put in $2,000 get back $4,000.  So easy, especially needed by those young struggling players who need money to build their farms, or buy deco to help them out.
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617

I have 19.

Get rid of them and replace them with something worthwhile, or give out more GML.

Even when I was level 12 these were useless, they have never done anything for me.

edit: @SuzyQ22 (US1), are we playing the same game? $2k does not help anyone get any deco or build there farm at all in anyway, even, or especially, young farms who need something decent to earn money until they can unlock the fishing area. $2k is equal to nothing, it does nothing, it means nothing, it is utterly useless, it may as well be zero.I have been playing only for a few months, I am now level 62, I remember well my time before level 20, RMLs were never helpful. It does not matter if you are level 1, $2k means nothing.
    Well, I'm at level 161 and don't find them useless. When I don't have a GML, the mine is just sitting there. Might as well collect some money, but then again, if I see a $20 on the street, I pick it up instead of walking on by. Even $1 is helpful to me in the game as it all adds up.

True, they could cut back a little and offer a few different items more often, but useless? Never.

I have 19.

$2K adds up each time you mine for it.  You can buy a flower bed and an ornamental tree for $1,000 total.  You can buy a level 1 field or a chicken coop.  You can buy many animal facilities by mining for that $2,000 I find helpful.  It's money all farms can use when just starting to build.  You can buy deco that at least helps until you can start earning some by completing events.  Did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed or something?  Why so much disdain for something the game provides that at least pays out to those who use it?  Young farms need money, heck I need money and if I don't have a GML I mine for money, why not? I don't care what level you are.  Everyone in this game benefits one way or the other with RML if they want to use them.  At least RML is a positive to the game, too bad you can't see it that way.
  • dchen1 (US1)dchen1 (US1) US1 Posts: 993
    edited 03.03.2018
    It will require 5000 RML and 10000 days to buy the 16th expansion plot on the flower farm!  The RMLs become useless after reaching level 30 when upgrade costs reach the tens of thousands.  

The amounts need to be increased for higher level players so the mining licenses are still useful. 
    1. Add gold lock.  Right now, my mine with 4000 gold ready is a safe for my gold, If my mine makes dollars, my gold will be at risk to accidental spending.  
    2. Increase max licenses from 2 to 100
    3. change mine upgrades to cost dollars instead of gold and change level requirements.  
    4. Each mine upgrade increases dollars earned by 2x but requires 1 more license per run.  (Level 1: 1 license+2000 = 4000, Level 3: 3 licenses + 8000 = 16000)
    For example: A level 80 player will be able to upgrade the mine to level 12 and start production by using 12 RMLs, 4 million dollars for 48 hours and collect 8 million dollars for a profit of 4 million.  

edited 04.03.2018

Well, I'm at level 161 and don't find them useless. When I don't have a GML, the mine is just sitting there. Might as well collect some money, but then again, if I see a $20 on the street, I pick it up instead of walking on by. Even $1 is helpful to me in the game as it all adds up.

True, they could cut back a little and offer a few different items more often, but useless? Never.
    @"artful (US1)" when I dont have a GML I leave gold in my mine so that I cannot spend it (I MADE MY OWN GOLD LOCK, TAKE THAT GGS!) and it is ready for me if Omar ever shows up with a GML to buy. It is not worth it to even bother collecting the gold so that I could wait 2 days and get $2k. I pick up $20 on the street too, thats real money and I know the value of a dollar (unlike some people who play this game, who have more money than sense). In a game that works on the order of scale of millions of dollars by the time you reach level 20, however? $2k is useless, its not equal to 20 dollars, it is equal to 20 cents, and IDK about you but I leave 20 cents on the street where I found it!

edit: thats true, artful, it only stops you from spending the 2k gold, not the 8k gold you need for water tower level 2. I actually have almost a dozen GMLs collecting dust in my inventory, as you stated, I hope to collect them over the course of a month and try really hard not to spend by accident during that time, to pay for the water tower and other expensive upgrades.

@SuzyQ22 (US1) Said: $2K adds up each time you mine for it.  You can buy a flower bed and an ornamental tree for $1,000 total.  You can buy a level 1 field or a chicken coop.  You can buy many animal facilities by mining for that $2,000 I find helpful.  It's money all farms can use when just starting to build.  You can buy deco that at least helps until you can start earning some by completing events.  Did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed or something?  Why so much disdain for something the game provides that at least pays out to those who use it?  Young farms need money, heck I need money and if I don't have a GML I mine for money, why not? I don't care what level you are.  Everyone in this game benefits one way or the other with RML if they want to use them.  At least RML is a positive to the game, too bad you can't see it that way.

Reply: Again, are we playing the same game? by the time you mine the RML (2 days) for $2k you would be up to a level that required tens of thousands of dollars to do any one thing (and hundreds of thousands to be any kind of impact). In two days time you would be over and done with decos like flower beds and level 1 chicken coops, you would be up to level 3 coops and replacing flower beds with ice cream carts and farmers prides/farmers lucks depending if an HWE was running. Maybe it was different, and things were slower, when you started playing, but like I said I remember well my time before level 20, it wasn't that long ago. I did not "wake up on the wrong side of the bed" I am only stating my opinion and some facts, it seems you are being too sensitive, perhaps.

edit: @dchen1 (US1) Thats actually a really smart idea, that math works out really well, good job! (except the part where you said 3 RMLs = $8k, 3 RMLs = $6k edit: oops, not thinking straight, you mean that 1RML=$2k, 2RML=$4k, 3RML=$8k, 4RML=$16k, 12RML=$4mil)
    Post edited by qewt (US1) on
  • mia111 (GB1)mia111 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 741
    edited 03.03.2018
    I actually think that they do need to rework the RML to make it more interesting (it would be nice that they rework the mine and make it more interesting without lowering the current gold output, that is). Even Omar gives for free once in a while 100k, amount that increased with player level, every time you level up you get dollars in the millions and even when you log in daily every 5 days you get much more dollars. 2k IMO is not much when you're high level, for me not even worth to start them in the mine.
    That said when I was a low level and I didn't have GML I used to use them as they were better than having the mine idle. Nowadays I just give them to Santa. I prefer to have gold stock away in the mine (if I do not have any other GML).
    edited 03.03.2018
    When fishing is unlocked, RMLs become completely ignorable because you can get many times more money by using hogfish bait to catch hogfish for 8000 dollars of profit each fish which takes only a little longer than traveling to the mine and back and it can be repeated many times for hundreds of thousands of dollars.  To catch fish easily, if the fish is too deep, close and reopen the window to shuffle the fish.  When the fish is near the surface, cast the rod and reel the fish in without worry of the line breaking.  
    When the fishing boat is unlocked at fishing xp level 10, you can send Oleg on a boat to make hundreds of thousands with only a few clicks and less than 2 hours of wait time.  

edited 03.03.2018

@"artful (US1)" when I dont have a GML I leave gold in my mine so that I cannot spend it (I MADE MY OWN GOLD LOCK, TAKE THAT GGS!) and it is ready for me if Omar ever shows up with a GML to buy. It is not worth it to even bother collecting the gold so that I could wait 2 days and get $2k. I pick up $20 on the street too, thats real money and I know the value of a dollar. In a game that works on the order of scale of millions of dollars by the time you reach level 20, however? $2k is useless, its not equal to 20 dollars, it is equal to 20 cents, and IDK about you but I leave 20 cents on the street where I found it!

The mine as "gold lock" would only protect a little bit for me, I'm afraid, as I save up for large purchases/upgrades (water towers, anyone?) -- and I do pretty well in earning GMLs, so they'd just have to sit there in inventory gathering dust if I had the mine locked up as a safe. I'd rather be mining gold over dollars, obviously, and I'd certainly rather be mining gold than have the mine sitting there holding just a tiny bit of gold for me.

@"artful (US1)" when I dont have a GML I leave gold in my mine so that I cannot spend it (I MADE MY OWN GOLD LOCK, TAKE THAT GGS!) and it is ready for me if Omar ever shows up with a GML to buy. It is not worth it to even bother collecting the gold so that I could wait 2 days and get $2k. I pick up $20 on the street too, thats real money and I know the value of a dollar. In a game that works on the order of scale of millions of dollars by the time you reach level 20, however? $2k is useless, its not equal to 20 dollars, it is equal to 20 cents, and IDK about you but I leave 20 cents on the street where I found it!

The mine as "gold lock" would only protect a little bit for me, I'm afraid, as I save up for large purchases/upgrades (water towers, anyone) -- and I do pretty well in earning GMLs, so they'd just have to sit there in inventory gathering dust if I had the mine locked up as a safe. I'd rather be mining gold over dollars, obviously, and I'd certainly rather be mining gold than have the mine sitting there holding a tiny bit of gold for me.
    At least you cant go under 4000 gold so you can mine gold for 2000 gold or buy a gold mining license from 10 minute offers for 1500 gold then mine gold for 2000 to earn 500 gold.  
    edited 04.03.2018

The mine as "gold lock" would only protect a little bit for me, I'm afraid, as I save up for large purchases/upgrades (water towers, anyone) -- and I do pretty well in earning GMLs, so they'd just have to sit there in inventory gathering dust if I had the mine locked up as a safe. I'd rather be mining gold over dollars, obviously, and I'd certainly rather be mining gold than have the mine sitting there holding a tiny bit of gold for me.
    At least you cant go under 4000 gold so you can mine gold for 2000 gold or buy a gold mining license from 10 minute offers for 1500 gold then mine gold for 2000 to earn 500 gold.  
    Exactly, but the mine has to be empty before you can mine for more, right?  And when you need 30,000+ for an upgrade, etc., you have to keep those GMLs cranking out the good stuff.

edited 04.03.2018
    Exactly, but the mine has to be empty before you can mine for more, right?  And when you need 30,000+ for an upgrade, etc., you have to keep those GMLs cranking out the good stuff.

It is true that the mine only holds 4k gold in lock, not the 8k needed for water tower level 2, let alone the gold needed for much more expensive upgrades, but it does hold enough in lock to both start the mine again and buy a GML from omar at the same time, and most people who hold gold this way do not keep GMLs in their storage:

They do this (tip):

They collect the gold from the Mine when 1. they have a GML in storage to use, and 2. there is a Prime Spending Event. Starting a GML in the mine costs 2k gold and that gold Counts towards the prime spending event. It may not be much but I get 10 seaweed feed pretty often by doing this when the "spend 900 gold" one comes up, its a little better than $2k I suppose. If you are going to buy the water tower level 2 at the same time you can even make the 10k gold mark with a little extra spending.

edit: otherwise if they get 2 or more GMLs they are likely to start one. thats why I said in my original post "When I don't have a GML I leave gold in my mine", implying that "when I do have a GML, I collect the gold and use it" (then I keep the gold that GML makes in the mine until I get another GML)

thanks for replying, artful!

It is true that the mine only holds 4k gold in lock, not the 8k needed for water tower level 2, let alone the gold needed for much more expensive upgrades, but it does hold enough in lock to both start the mine again and buy a GML from omar at the same time, and most people who hold gold this way do not keep GMLs in their storage:

They do this (tip):

They collect the gold from the Mine when 1. they have a GML in storage to use, and 2. there is a Prime Spending Event. Starting a GML in the mine costs 2k gold and that gold Counts towards the prime spending event. It may not be much but I get 10 seaweed feed pretty often by doing this when the "spend 900 gold" one comes up, its a little better than $2k I suppose. If you are going to buy the water tower level 2 at the same time you can even make the 10k gold mark with a little extra spending.

edit: otherwise if they get 2 or more GMLs they are likely to start one. thats why I said in my original post "When I don't have a GML, I keep gold in my mine", implying that "when I do have a GML, I collect the gold and use it" (then I keep the gold that GML makes in the mine until I get another GML)
    I actually was replying to dchen's comment which implied that he kept the mine tied up rather than use the GMLs. My mine is generally going with GMLs, but when it's not, I'm more than happy to use it for dollars. 4,000 isn't much to protect if I have another 25,000 out in the open, exposed. :)

They do this (tip):

edit: otherwise if they get 2 or more GMLs they are likely to start one. thats why I said in my original post "When I don't have a GML, I keep gold in my mine", implying that "when I do have a GML, I collect the gold and use it" (then I keep the gold that GML makes in the mine until I get another GML)
    I actually was replying to dchen's comment which implied that he kept the mine tied up rather than use the GMLs. My mine is generally going with GMLs, but when it's not, I'm more than happy to use it for dollars. 4,000 isn't much to protect if I have another 25,000 out in the open, exposed. :)
    I get 2 licenses from the fishing hard worker event and I never buy gold.  I spend most of the gold on level 2 handbooks that require around 2000 gold.  I wait for the prime spending that gives 3-4 different items for 2000 gold if I have less than 10 licenses in storage.  
    edited 04.03.2018
    LOL, thank you @qewt (US1) for all the sparkles on my farm.  I sparkled all kinds of what I thought was your farm and went back to add more.  I discovered there was no sparkle on your farm from me, lol.  Someone has lots of sparkles and won't know why, lol.  I have to wait for the boys to come back so I can buy more sparkles to light your farm up like you did mine.  Thank you.

Update: 
    I got a very nice note from Oscar Sicko because I had lit up his farm, lol.  I'm glad to put a smile on someone's face.
    Post edited by SuzyQ22 (US1) on

They do this (tip):

I get 2 licenses from the fishing hard worker event and I never buy gold.  I spend most of the gold on level 2 handbooks that require around 2000 gold.  I wait for the prime spending that gives 3-4 different items for 2000 gold if I have less than 10 licenses in storage.  
    Handbooks probably aren't the best use right now of your gold. Leveling up your water towers is a good investment. Lowers your feed usage, and that can save you a ton in the long run. So will the dog house, if you level it up.
  • This game is becoming a grind.  A player has to be on all day and buy lots of gold  in order to do well in this gamel.  Every little thing that helped me get ahead has been removed and the pace of events has been ireased.  Lester was great  with  his offer to  replace gold you used to  improve the farm.  Now he is gone.  The deep sea fishing was great and I was really enjoying being able to have the money to  do upgrades.  Especially on Matilda's acadamy.  I am glad I upgraded that as much as I did because  I have only been able to upgrade once since all the money was taken out of deep sea fishing.  It takes months to accomplish anything and yet I am getting burnt out on all the back to back events.  
    Like I said, it is a monotinous grind...

edited 04.03.2018

They do this (tip):

Handbooks probably aren't the best use right now of your gold. Leveling up your water towers is a good investment. Lowers your feed usage, and that can save you a ton in the long run. So will the dog house, if you level it up.
    About how much % more product will the dog find for upgrading doghouse?
Sign In to comment.