Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Feb 27th - WWC 4th Run - Discussion

Comments

• Corvid (GB1)Corvid (GB1) GB1 Posts: 625
    edited 01.03.2018
    I'm a bit late to the party on this one but yep, once again, false logic from GGS

Oh look, that person has 30 cows, i only have 10, how unfair, am i to presume you're going to remove cow stables from the building slot?

Whatever the reason for removing the kite etc, it isn't anything to do with fairness, by removing the kite etc, you have now created the very situation you claim for its removal

pretty dumb logic

and to be totally transparent, i dont have a kite, i dont want a kite (if i did i'd have a few by now)

so what is the actual reason for the removal of the kite, gumball and boxes?

The saddest part about all this, is that you actually created decos with a purpose beyond the usual, which was a very good thing; something i was going to suggest doing just as you introduced them in the wcc and so didnt bother (basically, decos with kickers on - could be lots of things, eg for every 10 cows you have, +5% milk output to all cow stables, and such like - it would lead to more farms having specific 'flavours' utilising the benefits of kickers to shape their farms in various ways).

And i thought the decos you came up with were by and large good, the gumball machine is somewhat limited (no real purpose for someone not in a coop or one that doesn't generate many medals) but the other two have their uses, with the boxes being useful for all and the kite being of particular use to those interested in generating RP.

So some choose to proliferate their farms with many of these decos - with the kite, seemingly, being singled out as being particularly 'overpowered' in this regard. So what? Who cares? If someone has 60 kites, that's a lot of space that isn't being used for other things, a lot of space that for the majority of the time (happiness aside) is 'meaningless' (while some see their total RP as something meaningful, personally i dont, RP is only meaningful imo during cc as it's the scoring system).

So back to my original point really, what's the problem? Whether it be pig or cow sheds, decos or running a farm in the red, players make choices and for every choice made that creates a positive, there is a cost being 'paid' somewhere else. It's merely a choice how individual players want to play their farm.

As i questioned above, i dont know what the reason for the removal is, but it isn't the one stated.

Oh, and an aside on the kite claim - if you view the kite as being overpowered and unbalances the game, where exactly is this happening? I can only presume you mean the CC. Well, then you better remove the RP WoF, cos if you think owning lots of kites 'abuses' the system, the RP WoF puts it well in the shadows. On my server there has been for sometime a particular player that spins the hell out of that thing and has many times been in the gold league, and stayed in the gold league, as a one-person coop based on spinning that wheel. I dont believe anyone with kites (even if they had 60 of the damn things), could stay in the gold league as a single-person coop. (I will state here i am not criticising the 'spinner of all spinners', it's part of the game, they have every right to use that approach as they see fit and it's just as valid a tool in the game cos GGS made it that way).
    Post edited by Corvid (GB1) on
  • Shay1968 (US1)Shay1968 (US1) Posts: 1,324
    I agree 100% with Corvid when he mentions the Rep points from the CC WoF, and to add to the topic:  Just take a look at the Shinkei school, 10 MILLION rep points for 1st place .. that in itself can throw a coop out of the top rankings after their continuous hard efforts if the coop below them wins 1st place at the Shinkei school if they only have a marginal lead. 

All the EXCESS ways of "BUYING" points for events is what throws the game out of balance.  Just as WWC points are able to be "BOUGHT" (ie: buying tokens for the WWC WoF or from buying gold packs) allowing the ability to "BUY" dozens of kites.  It's not the items in the game throwing the balance off, it is the greed from GGS with trying to find ways to "SELL" extra points and coins and such that is throwing the game out of balance.  If the ONLY way to get coins for the WWC was playing the game/event there would be no ability to buy 40-60 kites because we certainly do not make that many coins from the event itself.
  • didah (SKN1)didah (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 1,246
    It is best to give feedback while the event is running so GGS can fix the problems in the event.  
    Yeah, one should think so...but reality & history shows different...
  • I laugh at GGS removing the purchase of kites just 1 or 2 weeks after they fixed them. All the time before that they had claimed they were not broken and working properly, just we couldn't figure out the impact.

Seems to me that GGS is the ones that couldn't figure out how the kites were suppose to impact reputation points.
  • garybaldy (GB1)garybaldy (GB1) GB1 Posts: 502
    Surely, simple answer to this kite problem . They are only of use in the Coop championships, so reduce frequency of the CC .  :) 
    I fully agree with Corvid that purely spinning your way to points is at least as much of a problem, and 10 million rp for the  Shinkei event is more of a problem .
  • Is there any way to find out who started an upgrade of a building in the coop village?  I think our coop is being sabotaged.
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    I agree 100% with Corvid when he mentions the Rep points from the CC WoF, and to add to the topic:  Just take a look at the Shinkei school, 10 MILLION rep points for 1st place .. that in itself can throw a coop out of the top rankings after their continuous hard efforts if the coop below them wins 1st place at the Shinkei school if they only have a marginal lead. 

All the EXCESS ways of "BUYING" points for events is what throws the game out of balance.  Just as WWC points are able to be "BOUGHT" (ie: buying tokens for the WWC WoF or from buying gold packs) allowing the ability to "BUY" dozens of kites.  It's not the items in the game throwing the balance off, it is the greed from GGS with trying to find ways to "SELL" extra points and coins and such that is throwing the game out of balance.  If the ONLY way to get coins for the WWC was playing the game/event there would be no ability to buy 40-60 kites because we certainly do not make that many coins from the event itself.

Bingo! This has absolutely nothing to do with fairness, this all comes down to that one dreaded thing.... GOLD SALES! Deep sea fishing was changed because it became too easy for players to make lots of money and brought the farm lab gold and token production levels into play. The truth is GGS don't want players to get to that level because there is no longer a need for players to spend real money to buy these items. In fact IF this game is around long enough for say 50,000+ players across all servers to have the ability to produce tokens and gold I bet GGS will "rebalance" the lab products so that we can no longer produce these items.

In relation to the kites......again its all about gold sales. Players needed to buy tokens for the CC wheel or fuku coins for the Shinkei event to fuel their obsessions with rankings. Now that kites are in the game they bought up big and no longer have to worry about buying the tokens meaning gold sales are down because reputation points are much easier to earn with these boosters. For GGS to come out and bleat about fairness when CC wheel and Shinkei are on during EVERY CC giving players the ability to cheat (buy wins) is ridiculous to me! There are very few things that are fair in this game, the only economy being affected by kites, gumball medal boosters, deep sea profits is GGS pockets.

You can't just add something to the game then take it away any time you feel like it. Stop disrespecting your customers/players because many of us see through your lies. If players keep leaving at their current rate there won't be a game to play and you will have to come up with a new game to con players out of their hard earned money.

• dchen1 (US1)dchen1 (US1) US1 Posts: 993
    edited 02.03.2018
    Getting high rankings should not depend on how much real money spent, it should depend on the production ability of the farms.  It is fair to use gold to get the last bit of points for a hard work reward but the game should not be a race of who spends the most money.  Rankings rewards need to be a percent such as top 0.1%, top 1%, top 5%, top 10%, not top 5, top 50, top 100.  

There is too much gold buying offers or offers that cost an extremely high amount of gold(100000+ for upgrades, 1000+ for each consumable item).  The gold buying advertisements need to be reduced.  A better game allows players to recommend the game and give it a good rating so more players will play and buy gold offers that are less frequent and not overwhelming players.  
  • Seeker1 (US1)Seeker1 (US1) US1 Posts: 571
    @gizmo22 (AU1)
    Direct and to the point of the matter.

• Rocky123 (IN1)Rocky123 (IN1) IN1 Posts: 627
    edited 02.03.2018

Bingo! This has absolutely nothing to do with fairness, this all comes down to that one dreaded thing.... GOLD SALES! Deep sea fishing was changed because it became too easy for players to make lots of money and brought the farm lab gold and token production levels into play. The truth is GGS don't want players to get to that level because there is no longer a need for players to spend real money to buy these items. In fact IF this game is around long enough for say 50,000+ players across all servers to have the ability to produce tokens and gold I bet GGS will "rebalance" the lab products so that we can no longer produce these items.

In relation to the kites......again its all about gold sales. Players needed to buy tokens for the CC wheel or fuku coins for the Shinkei event to fuel their obsessions with rankings. Now that kites are in the game they bought up big and no longer have to worry about buying the tokens meaning gold sales are down because reputation points are much easier to earn with these boosters. For GGS to come out and bleat about fairness when CC wheel and Shinkei are on during EVERY CC giving players the ability to cheat (buy wins) is ridiculous to me! There are very few things that are fair in this game, the only economy being affected by kites, gumball medal boosters, deep sea profits is GGS pockets.

You can't just add something to the game then take it away any time you feel like it. Stop disrespecting your customers/players because many of us see through your lies. If players keep leaving at their current rate there won't be a game to play and you will have to come up with a new game to con players out of their hard earned money.

Making tokens in Farm lab level 25 is not easy and u dont get hundreds of them as u say .
    The catalyser needed for them we dont get it anywhere . i have a level 25 lab and hardly make 20 tokens a month from the lab :( not more than that  because catalyser runs out too fast and we cant get it from anywhere except for the HWE and village medal shop .
    Daily task give too less amount of catalysers.
  • TMKC (IN1)TMKC (IN1) IN1 Posts: 939
    I like the WWC so I'm happy to see it back. You can farm as usual and get additional stuff or you can be as busy as you wish to be. Hopefully the coin payout has been improved. We will see.

A pity that the items have been removed. I was still on my way to get the first of them (saving up coins). A limit would have been the best solution. After all, there is a limit for example in the library books, the boosters you can buy or the storage you get from barns. I.e. everybody has access to the same (controlled) amounts they wish to purchase them.

Skins are nice. I hope they do collections for the gourmet and flower farms as well and that all skins in general will become easier to get them (thought I feel this is wishful thinking...) so that we can really get the look we want to our farms.

On another issue: I understood that we would get the deco from the first CNY day with the update (at least the idea was to give it with the next update). Did this happen or was this postponed? I didn't see any pop up telling me that I got a deco. What was the deco? (I could not even see what was on the first day...). At least, I do not think I got anything.
    Yes im happy to see WWC back too. It has good rewards and most importantly it makes me want to play BF more. Also, players can just choose to do normal farming and keep getting the rewards.

WWC every alternative month is a good idea.....at least 4 WWC per year is a must. 
  • TMKC (IN1)TMKC (IN1) IN1 Posts: 939
    Solution to this mess 

Step 1 - Bring kites n harvest boxes back.
    Step 2 - Stop giving championship coins offer....the one where we can buy around 26k coins with gold.
    Step 3 - Remove coins from WWC wof....... this is the most easy way to get infinite coins in 1 day. 

Let players make coins by playing wwc again n again....it will take players 1 year to get 2-3 kites max. This wont unbalance the game.

Also, a suggestion to introduce decos in championship trader.
    Kites - 50% rps
    Harvest Boxes - 500 storage
    Fishing Deco - +25% more fishes each time from each fishing vessel
    Fields Deco - +25% from all fields all the time
    Orchards Deco - + 25% from orchards
    Stables Deco - + 25% from cows n chiks n pigs

Keeping many such decos will only make players more interested in playing wwc in order to get more coins. And as always more activity from players  = more competition = more gold purchase by all.

Dont put a limit on any deco...just make sure coins are hard to get....that way no one can buy huge amount of any of these decos within a day or two.

If players are ready to play wwc for 3-4 yrs and then get 10-20 kites , i see that a fair situation....

As far as the current holders of kites is considered.....that will stay like it is...introduce kites back in again.....all members of a co-op can buy enough kites to outperform a single guy who has 20 kites.

I see this as the only solution.

On my server gold purchase and CC activity has gone down by maybe 80-90% after this kite fiasco.

As far as GGS is considered.....i think GGS never thought someone players would buy so many .... as it takes good amount of real money to buy many kites. This was an unforced error.

• Rocky123 (IN1)Rocky123 (IN1) IN1 Posts: 627
    Solution to this mess 

Step 1 - Bring kites n harvest boxes back.
    Step 2 - Stop giving championship coins offer....the one where we can buy around 26k coins with gold.
    Step 3 - Remove coins from WWC wof....... this is the most easy way to get infinite coins in 1 day. 

Let players make coins by playing wwc again n again....it will take players 1 year to get 2-3 kites max. This wont unbalance the game.

Also, a suggestion to introduce decos in championship trader.
    Kites - 50% rps
    Harvest Boxes - 500 storage
    Fishing Deco - +25% more fishes each time from each fishing vessel
    Fields Deco - +25% from all fields all the time
    Orchards Deco - + 25% from orchards
    Stables Deco - + 25% from cows n chiks n pigs

Keeping many such decos will only make players more interested in playing wwc in order to get more coins. And as always more activity from players  = more competition = more gold purchase by all.

Dont put a limit on any deco...just make sure coins are hard to get....that way no one can buy huge amount of any of these decos within a day or two.

If players are ready to play wwc for 3-4 yrs and then get 10-20 kites , i see that a fair situation....

As far as the current holders of kites is considered.....that will stay like it is...introduce kites back in again.....all members of a co-op can buy enough kites to outperform a single guy who has 20 kites.

I see this as the only solution.

On my server gold purchase and CC activity has gone down by maybe 80-90% after this kite fiasco.

As far as GGS is considered.....i think GGS never thought someone players would buy so many .... as it takes good amount of real money to buy many kites. This was an unforced error.

Add this Deco also to the suggestion list :) so that players interested in temp farms can enjoy playing it more :)

Temp farm deco - gives +25 percentage on selling products of the running temp farm currency(runestones or vouchers or seashells)
  • bandit12 (NL1)bandit12 (NL1) NL1 Posts: 22
    Thanks for taking the best rewards out of the WWC,and i mean it sarcastic
  • Good Grief Strikes!

I thought WWC counter meant the WWC would start about 10 minutes ago. Came here, saw no mentioned issues. So I thought, what could a refresh hurt?

Now I can't log back on.
  • WWC icon is back at the top of the farm...but it is still showing 'December' and completely empty for me.  Does everyone else have it filled in correctly?  maybe i need to log out and back but i'm afraid to because i might not be able to get back in.
  • Surya54 (INT1)Surya54 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 507
    edited 02.03.2018
    WWC icon is back at the top of the farm...but it is still showing 'December' and completely empty for me.  Does everyone else have it filled in correctly?  maybe i need to log out and back but i'm afraid to because i might not be able to get back in.
    Me neither and sometimes it didn't want to load and blackening the gaming screen, forcing me to relog.

BTW, here's image for desert mine decoration and final reward for level 91-250

Desert Mine Decoration Price and Look

Final Reward (Level 91-250)

Note: 1. Horse Final Reward is Shimmering Stallion, 4x4 deco with quality 6, 50 HP, and 10 VHP

2. Co-op Final reward is Sagacious sphinx, 6x4 deco with quality 6, 75 HP, and 15 VHP

3. 99th reward for all categories is 3 gold mystery box (pure gold)

• gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    @WascallyWabbit
    @CuddlyFoxes

Are we not getting a Calendar with a list of upcoming events?

You have agreed on numerous occasions that the HWs are not fair when not announced.  Can we please get a list of events to come?

And yes, I am aware of the WW calendar, but it is always off by days at a time and does not include things like Goldfish, etc..
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    And when do we get the next temp farm for the WW?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    We have room for a couple of great farmers!  Come join us!
  • CathyD (INT1)CathyD (INT1) INT1 Posts: 958
    WWC icon is back at the top of the farm...but it is still showing 'December' and completely empty for me.  Does everyone else have it filled in correctly?  maybe i need to log out and back but i'm afraid to because i might not be able to get back in.
    Mine's blank Dec also.  I can't click on it again as it makes the game freeze, and I have to refresh the game. 
  • Just Kar (US1)Just Kar (US1) US1 Posts: 340
    edited 02.03.2018
    I laugh at GGS removing the purchase of kites just 1 or 2 weeks after they fixed them. All the time before that they had claimed they were not broken and working properly, just we couldn't figure out the impact.

Seems to me that GGS is the ones that couldn't figure out how the kites were suppose to impact reputation points.

Or was it the impact on gold sales from the people with many kites?  Japan's server has cooperatives with a large abundance of kites. I bet they were able to stop using gold boosters. I don't for one minute believe this unbalanced -unfairness was for the players best interest. Sorry but I believe there is more to the story. I didn't see any players complaining about how many kites another player had.
    Post edited by Just Kar (US1) on
  • @WascallyWabbit
    @CuddlyFoxes

Are we not getting a Calendar with a list of upcoming events?

You have agreed on numerous occasions that the HWs are not fair when not announced.  Can we please get a list of events to come?

And yes, I am aware of the WW calendar, but it is always off by days at a time and does not include things like Goldfish, etc..
    Hey @gavinfarms (US1) We'll post a calendar for the upcoming events as soon as its ready :)
  • Bob48 (GB1)Bob48 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 19

I AM SICK OF THIS GAME NOW! TOTALLY FED WITH WITH GGS!

• Corvid (GB1)Corvid (GB1) GB1 Posts: 625
    btw, i dont know if the new mine deco was supposed to appease the loss of the useful decos or was just an addition anyway

but if you play the game, you know it's pants especially at that price, the biggest bloomers of baggy pants to never grace a farm, i cant believe anyone is going to bother with that thing - plus, im sure in line with all the other level 9 decos, it wont be upgradeable, so thats it, yet another deco that does nothing apart from the norm replacing decos that actually did something

talk about a step backward

• Well, now I totally agree with those saying the CC Wheel and Shanaki school unbalance the Coop Championship.

I just looked at the top 50 rankings page and do you know what is printed there? Something along the lines of, "The players are ranked according to the number of reputation points they collect from missions while the championship is running."

I'll be darned, the coop ranking page says to collect reputation points from doing missions.

To me that all means GGS needs to remove the RPs that those games give out.
  • dchen1 (US1)dchen1 (US1) US1 Posts: 993
    edited 02.03.2018
    Limit WWC coins from wheel to 5000 coins.  Players who are only a few hundred coins away from a prize they want can use some tokens to get the last bit needed.  
  • jac333 (GB1)jac333 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 13
    lvl 34 farm just short of 4m points, top of rookie league, one player in the coop which was formed 2 weeks ago what a joke, totally agree stop the WoF rep points.  you talk about the game being unbalanced
  • Letty.liongamez (GB1)Letty.liongamez (GB1) GB1 Posts: 8,806
    edited 02.03.2018
    lvl 34 farm just short of 4m points, top of rookie league, one player in the coop which was formed 2 weeks ago what a joke, totally agree stop the WoF rep points.  you talk about the game being unbalanced
    top now, with a small farm as well. 2nd only has 2 members but they are high farms
  • Seeker1 (US1)Seeker1 (US1) US1 Posts: 571
    edited 02.03.2018

24,900 WWC coins for a decoration with no special ability.

TOOO FUNNY!!!
  • mia111 (GB1)mia111 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 741

24,900 WWC coins for a decoration with no special ability.

TOOO FUNNY!!!
    Plus is humongous and it takes 1h to rebuild... seriously? It is getting annoying that all the decos have village happiness because you cannot redecorate your farm without using the build slot. Either get rid of the deco rebuild time or bring back the redecorating mode.
Sign In to comment.