Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Announcement - "Moving Forward!" - Discussion

Comments

• artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    Ok, calmed down after the gold loss.   GG's gold since I won't pick up my CC until a gold lock is installed.

On the upside… I had also saved up a ton of chips for the wheel.  I managed to notice my gold vanishing JUST at the 2000 mark.  JUST enough for the blue mine cert.   
    I played and played….. no certs.   :'(

BUT… for the very first time since I signed up on this game years ago, I actually made it to gold level.

But… just checked this morning… I've slipped back into silver.  Don't really want to keep playing it.
    I have never actually finished in gold.  Why start something new huh? Almost out of tokens now.

(Already have enough special flower seeds to choke a herd of horses. I don't use the darn things.  And I could FILL my farm with gazebos…. GG really needs to put different prizes on this once in awhile.
    Special seeds for the green house would be nice.  But lavender?  Sun flowers?  Meh.  Yawn.)
    I LOVE the special flower seeds -- they are worth their weight in gold during golden week and other events where you need a good drop rate.
  • Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    I just don't have time or the patience to dig through third party sites to see what is worth what, when, how etc.
    I use to look up what flowers produce what best for the regular events.   But since I now can't even get through a MID level prize attempt, I don't care anymore.  PIck the lowest prize, dismantle it later.  

Besides, last time I tried with sunflowers, six fields of them, which as you know takes some 8 hours to grow,
    only TWO fields "dropped" anything.  AND the same amount wheat does.   I can use the wheat.  

I don't even know what "golden week" is.   (I see GOLD anything and just assume it's another attempt to drain my bank account.  I can't click off the "hot deals" and other such nonsense fast enough.)  

My idea of a prize here is cool deco you can't get any other way.  OR a skin for something (and some of those are hideous.)
    Not that I have any more room for it, I still like winning it.  Seems the higher I level up, the less chance I have of getting anything anymore.   Been TRYING lately to just farm, save money, ever so RARELY get to buy a new plot of land which will clean me out, then add production. More clicks chasing after prizes JUST out of reach.

(As I type all this I have to wonder why I keep playing this game.  Addicted I think.  
    Need to go to a BigFarm Anonymous group for this addiction.  lol.) 
    edited 25.02.2018
    I just don't have time or the patience to dig through third party sites to see what is worth what, when, how etc.
    I use to look up what flowers produce what best for the regular events.   But since I now can't even get through a MID level prize attempt, I don't care anymore.  PIck the lowest prize, dismantle it later.  

Besides, last time I tried with sunflowers, six fields of them, which as you know takes some 8 hours to grow,
    only TWO fields "dropped" anything.  AND the same amount wheat does.   I can use the wheat.  

I don't even know what "golden week" is.   (I see GOLD anything and just assume it's another attempt to drain my bank account.  I can't click off the "hot deals" and other such nonsense fast enough.)  

My idea of a prize here is cool deco you can't get any other way.  OR a skin for something (and some of those are hideous.)
    Not that I have any more room for it, I still like winning it.  Seems the higher I level up, the less chance I have of getting anything anymore.   Been TRYING lately to just farm, save money, ever so RARELY get to buy a new plot of land which will clean me out, then add production. More clicks chasing after prizes JUST out of reach.

(As I type all this I have to wonder why I keep playing this game.  Addicted I think.  
    Need to go to a BigFarm Anonymous group for this addiction.  lol.) 
    LOL!  We all need to 12-step it, for sure.  Although, I have to say, I have always had a 100% drop rate from sunflowers.  And also, I trust the 3rd party site more for accuracy, actually. No party line to tout, just info garnered from actual play.
    Post edited by artful (US1) on
  • Lesley52 (GB1)Lesley52 (GB1) Posts: 1,590
    I played WoF 45 times  Each jackpot sunflower or rose seed, then in the 5 mystery boxes more blooming seeds. I want to win a GML because I have stopped buyimg gold.  When Omar turns up I keep my good eye on him, he seems to offer money or money B)
    I played WoF 45 times  Each jackpot sunflower or rose seed, then in the 5 mystery boxes more blooming seeds. I want to win a GML because I have stopped buyimg gold.  When Omar turns up I keep my good eye on him, he seems to offer money or money B)
    Yeah.  The Christmas WoF seemed to be very lucky with GMLs.  I always got several from spins and/or mystery boxes.
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    Lets move forward with less snowman events......its on AGAIN! My issue is not with the event itself, its just that the game is painfully slow and laggy in its current state and in addition to snowballs dropping its become almost unplayable. Your video stated "don;t do everything" but events like the snowball give you no choice. Once you farm it automatically starts whether you want to play it or not.
  • Sam-chan (US1)Sam-chan (US1) US1 Posts: 783
    edited 25.02.2018
    as it is the 6th time it comes back

give us the opportunity to chose within last year levels to collect differents aperences
    Post edited by Sam-chan (US1) on
    I always thought the snowballs looked like the heads of space aliens from 1950s b/w sci-fi movies.
  • dchen1 (US1)dchen1 (US1) US1 Posts: 993

I never accept these offers.  They appear one in 3 chance.  
    I want a sign saying "Farm supplies not for sale".  

As you level up, you'll be happy to sell these, although I've never been asked for 760 before.  Usually around 3-400 for me.
    edited 25.02.2018

As you level up, you'll be happy to sell these, although I've never been asked for 760 before.  Usually around 3-400 for me.
    They also asked for cow feed, humus, and honeydew.  
    Selling liquid fertilizer is loss making because using 10 fertilizer on an apple orchard (about 40000) gives much more money than selling 100 liquid fertilizer(9000).  Using 100 liquid fertilizer for the flower farm makes even more money(about 80000 per 10 orchards).  The mixing plant uses at most 7 fertilizer to make 70 liquid fertilizer, so time is also what makes liquid fertilizer valuable and not worth directly selling.  

Selling liquid fertilizer is loss making because using 10 fertilizer on an apple orchard (about 40000) gives much more money than selling 100 liquid fertilizer(9000).  Using 100 liquid fertilizer for the flower farm makes even more money(about 80000 per 10 orchards).  The mixing plant uses at most 7 fertilizer to make 70 liquid fertilizer, so time is also what makes liquid fertilizer valuable and not worth directly selling.  
    Don't over think this game too much.  As long as you're leveling up your farms, and you see your average income increase every week, you're doing fine. :)

Don't over think this game too much.  As long as you're leveling up your farms, and you see your average income increase every week, you're doing fine. :)
    The customers asking for farm supplies is useless content.  The most liquid fertilizer that can be made at one time is 70.  If you have 7 orchards, it will use up all the liquid fertilizer to make much better profit than customers that ask for hundreds at a time.  
    Lets move forward with less snowman events......its on AGAIN! My issue is not with the event itself, its just that the game is painfully slow and laggy in its current state and in addition to snowballs dropping its become almost unplayable. Your video stated "don;t do everything" but events like the snowball give you no choice. Once you farm it automatically starts whether you want to play it or not.
    AGREED!!!!  Worth repeating it.  And lag is really bad lately.  
    It's ok, sometimes I need to just walk away from this.   Almost finished another painting yesterday.  I think I'll work on that today too.  
  • Piebaldsparkle (GB1)Piebaldsparkle (GB1) GB1 Posts: 107
    edited 26.02.2018
    GGS need to start taking ownership of bugs within the game and either not run event with know bugs (HWE) or make sure each and every affected player is compensated (I am appalled that a player affected by the same bug as myself has had no response or compensation from previous HWE).

We are not user testers, we are paying customers and should receive service as such.  

It is also about time there was some technical support around on the weekends.

When players are treated with respect and valued, then perhaps we can move forward, if not the cash cow will eventually dry up.
  • Hi,
    I am a long time player and have some points I would like to bring up - suggestions for improvement, etc.

1. On the wheel of fortune events, please remove the pavilion that takes up 3x4 room on your farm for a measly 19 happiness points. Once you are beyond say level 30 at most, you want any decoration 3/4 or 4x4 to be worth more on your farm. I have something like 36 pavilions in my inventory that I will never use. Before that it was the Large Tree, 4x4 for 21 happiness points. Try tying a decoration to the Level someone is so it actually has some worth. I will never use these Trees and Pavilions and can't do a thing about them but be reminded that it cost 300 gold or so for it. Substitute anything, like feed, fertilizer, etc. in that spot on the wheel. I try not to play the Wheel of Fortunes that have decoration slots on them because its just not worth it.
    2. Cooperative Championships - I have two farms I manage and I can't hunt down when they are scheduled...and they are scheduled far too often. Last week, there were two in 7 days, and as a result, my coop got demoted because there were so many events going on. On weekdays, I can only play for a couple of hours each day because I work full time, etc. In addition, I am a co-op leader so there's that.
    3. The Architect - he seems to be mostly available for US players during the weekday mornings and I am never online then. It is difficult enough to manage the 36+ hours it requires to upgrade something and then have to wait until your online time coincides with the Architect being available. If it costs $36 million to upgrade your watermill and 36 hours to do it, I should NOT have to wait for the Architect...those requirements are enough on there own. Get rid of the Architect requirement, please!
    4. Special Offers - other than 100/120% more gold offers, I have never accepted any special offer. They get in the way of playing the game. They pop up and some you have answer no to twice before they are dismissed. I can't believe they drive that much revenue for this game.
    5. Horse training - it takes FOREVER to get a horse trained to a level where it has a chance of winning even 50% of its races. I have a horse on my 2nd farm that is 12 months old and it is level 18. I train it as often as I can but horseshoes are hard to come by and now you have to train every other day for an agility session. I can't get two training sessions in on a weekday so maybe 3 agility session3 and 1 each of the others in a 5 day period. I feel like it is a waste of time and resources, really.
    5. Temporary Farms - again. they are held far too often. It seems you don't get near out of them what you put into them...I played the last Candy Farm round and was very disappointed.
  • TMKC (IN1)TMKC (IN1) IN1 Posts: 939
    Keep 100 plots in volcano farm.   More than 42 pls.....maybe 56 minimum. 

8 x 7 = 56 plots   is doable......more is better

The customers asking for farm supplies is useless content.  The most liquid fertilizer that can be made at one time is 70.  If you have 7 orchards, it will use up all the liquid fertilizer to make much better profit than customers that ask for hundreds at a time.  
    Well, I am basing my comments on the fact that I keep only 3 orchards, AND I win a ton of premium fert in events. I am never out of the stuff, and the profit is good on it.
  • JustMe (US1)JustMe (US1) US1 Posts: 491
    edited 28.02.2018
    i would like to see this get fixed - in a current milk mission - only available milk to me is from my goats of 198 total no sparkles

i did collect from my lvl 7 doghouse but didn't "see" what i collected so assuming it was milk  that would add an additional 500 (unless those numbers have been changed and I don't know it) but it shows 848 collected and that is just not correct. 200 milk would be unaccounted for.

Others have mentioned this too as I have but I don't know if they considered their possible collection from the doghouses they might have done at the time 
    Deep sea fishing… we were promised when selling fish for actual profit was taken away, that the market would be so great.   Well today, EVERY SINGLE CONTRACT I have requires at least several HUNDRED shrimp.   One is asking for 1100 shrimp.   Seriously?
    And I have NOT ONE shrimp pool available to fish from.    NOT ONE.   

GG.   What are you thinking?  Goals that are hard to reach are one thing, but this is impossible to even work towards.   

I know you were talking about fixing things so there is always something of everything available to go for.
    I sure hope this is still in the plan.    Any clue when?
  • Xcution (INT1)Xcution (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,183
    i would like to see this get fixed - in a current milk mission - only available milk to me is from my goats of 198 total no sparkles

i did collect from my lvl 7 doghouse but didn't "see" what i collected so assuming it was milk  that would add an additional 500 (unless those numbers have been changed and I don't know it) but it shows 848 collected and that is just not correct. 200 milk would be unaccounted for.

Others have mentioned this too as I have but I don't know if they considered their possible collection from the doghouses they might have done at the time 
    If ur dog is at lvl7 then ur dog give u 650 milk so I think its correct don't worry
  • Xcution (INT1)Xcution (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,183
    Deep sea fishing… we were promised when selling fish for actual profit was taken away, that the market would be so great.   Well today, EVERY SINGLE CONTRACT I have requires at least several HUNDRED shrimp.   One is asking for 1100 shrimp.   Seriously?
    And I have NOT ONE shrimp pool available to fish from.    NOT ONE.   

GG.   What are you thinking?  Goals that are hard to reach are one thing, but this is impossible to even work towards.   

I know you were talking about fixing things so there is always something of everything available to go for.
    I sure hope this is still in the plan.    Any clue when?
    U think u r the only one who is not having a pool of shrimps hahaha
  • Tinzen (SKN1)Tinzen (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 473
    Patience on things would help a little
    edited 28.02.2018
    Patience on things would help a little
    Agreed. Once we get over the fact that every time the boats come in we won't make a huge profit like before and think of it more like the organic market, it's easier to swallow.  And good profits can be made.

We usually don't fill contracts immediately in the organic market, so why do we expect it from fishing? (Because we can't stop comparing it to the way it was.)  

I'm beginning to fill contracts regularly enough that I'm satisfied with it. Today, I needed a huge bunch of oysters. Not to be had, so I sent the boats out for what was available.  The oyster pools will come back, and then I will pounce on them.  In the meantime, if I get a contract for something else, that stockpile is growing and waiting.
  • Blue Denim (US1)Blue Denim (US1) US1 Posts: 5,253
    Volcano Farm? I have not seen that and I am on every single day, so why did I not see this so called Farm everyone is yapping bout? 
    And also I do not think it is nice to tell others how they should type or what to  say in a forum, If the team or the moderators have a problem with people's typing or what they say then they are the one's who should say something bout it, other people do not like what is said then they should just ignore it and go on their merry way, that is My opinion bout it, and Yes I will add capitals in My messages as well, it is My god given right to do so like everyone else, Have a great day or evening which ever the case may be, :)
  • White _Doves (US1)White _Doves (US1) Posts: 1,200
    edited 05.03.2018
    Blue Denim (US1)  The Volcano island/farm is going to be the 4th permanent farm once it is done internally and then on our test server to be made ready. It is a ways off yet.

Volcano Farm? I have not seen that and I am on every single day, so why did I not see this so called Farm everyone is yapping bout? 
    And also I do not think it is nice to tell others how they should type or what to  say in a forum, If the team or the moderators have a problem with people's typing or what they say then they are the one's who should say something bout it, other people do not like what is said then they should just ignore it and go on their merry way, that is My opinion bout it, and Yes I will add capitals in My messages as well, it is My god given right to do so like everyone else, Have a great day or evening which ever the case may be, :)

• 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    edited 01.02.2023
    no comment
    Post edited by 24-KL0V3R (US1) on
  • The product line up for the hard HWE the last couple months sucks! Put it back the way it used to be. alfalfa, corn, wildflowers, cabbage, rutebega, alfalfa, cabbage again, corn, wildflowers, lambs lettuce over/over! Have to sit here and babysit it 24/7 if I want to get anywhere at 1 point at a time coz I don't have time to make hardly any of the next product and you do not give enough time and notice to make any decent quantity of a next product! Have any of you techs actually sat and played this as a normal person would. After 3 days most are only at 400000 & 50000!
  • JustMe (US1)JustMe (US1) US1 Posts: 491
    with CC's and HWE every few days need to adjust the output of the nursery commensurate with the frequency of CCs and HWE events
  • edwinmit (INT1)edwinmit (INT1) INT1 Posts: 47
    PCA (GB1) said:

RE: the test server 

GGS claims they did not wipe out our farms on test server, and that the farms have been put away and "temporarily" unaccessible

This is quite hard to believe, and certainly difficult for GGS to sustain they had the right to do so, given that many have built the farms in a hurry, to be able to test new features, and made use of their own gold bought with personal resources

GGS has no right to destroy a product which was purchased by a customer, unless it happens accidentally, in which case the customer is entitled to a refund, a whole bunch of empty words are not enough 

So if GGS still claims that those farms (which very likely no longer exist) are still there,  locked up by the man who doesn't own a glass, get them out and give them back to their rightful owners 

Sign In to comment.