Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Feb 27th - WWC 4th Run - Discussion

Comments

• SPRING !!! What a glorious notion...Calgary might get an actual Spring, but it's doubtful as too often we still get heavy snows well into April...the idea of Spring is so alluring, refreshing, light-hearted feeling.  I love the new trophies; and, I would really love to get that new duck pond look for my GF ducks...can you tell that I'm so over winter ... it's been too long, too dark, too cold ...Winter can leave tomorrow... I want to welcome Spring .......
    @ronin7 (INT1)  I'm afraid you should read more carefully, the skin is for a coop duck pond, not a regular one. So another prize in an individual event that is of no use for all of us not in top competing coops. :/
    Hey @grrr (NL1) I confirmed with the team that the spring duck coop skin is for the regular ducks (8x6). :)
  • White _Doves (US1)White _Doves (US1) Posts: 1,200
    edited 27.02.2018
    The update was delayed, @Tinzen (SKN1) should be in progress now.

• grrr (NL1)grrr (NL1) NL1 Posts: 664
    SPRING !!! What a glorious notion...Calgary might get an actual Spring, but it's doubtful as too often we still get heavy snows well into April...the idea of Spring is so alluring, refreshing, light-hearted feeling.  I love the new trophies; and, I would really love to get that new duck pond look for my GF ducks...can you tell that I'm so over winter ... it's been too long, too dark, too cold ...Winter can leave tomorrow... I want to welcome Spring .......
    @ronin7 (INT1)  I'm afraid you should read more carefully, the skin is for a coop duck pond, not a regular one. So another prize in an individual event that is of no use for all of us not in top competing coops. :/
    Hey @grrr (NL1) I confirmed with the team that the spring duck coop skin is for the regular ducks (8x6). :)

Thanks Cuddly :)
  • I enjoyed the first couple of WWCs, they were a welcome challenge and I saved my coins and bought some rewards including Harvest Festival Boxes (how these can unbalance the game, I am not sure).

The last time the WWCs were on I was very frustrated because there were so many events which earned the top co-op members massive points.  I played, a lot, and watched as I was overtaken time and time again by the members of these higher ranking co-ops.  The Fishing Hard Worker which is a more individual effort (apart from the Ghost Rods) did not appear as much.

I am aware that it is my choice to be a member of a small co-op but it seems to me that the event was biased against individuals and smaller co-ops.  I suggest that to bring balance to the game more points should be awarded for individual efforts.
  • Big Beck (US1)Big Beck (US1) US1 Posts: 514
    I would like to better understand the benefit of having multiples of kites and harvest festival boxes.  I wasnt aware that they benefited anything. Someone please explain this to me.
  • Surya54 (INT1)Surya54 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 507
    Kites provide extra reputation points each time you completing acceptable mission, while boxes provide extra capacity to store farm products
  • Yup...BF has turned into a full farm of road apples! Loading another WWC and when I returned for evening shut-down last night got booted for maintenance but this morning again! cant play...not downloading, chugga chugga. For 2 months we had no access... tinkered, adjusted, refreshed & cleared daily. Reloaded the player...2 weeks smooth play humfph Your issues due to greed & incompetence, doesn't matter how much gold you buy. You DO NOT supply service. Your gold purchases always pop-up tho and delay the game...we lost so much over Christmas and into the new year, we're hard-pressed to clear our stock, make the cash to progress...your ridiculous amounts to upgrade land packages as well, a chance to upgrade when the architect shows. Can't partake in the Village anymore and then these Village League competitions to Race again and collect the most IF you can get on in a timely manner that suits MY schedule! People pay a lot for services, power & equipment as it is, please get this sorted. Cannot PLAY the game for enjoyment, it's just down right abusive. Just sad...
  • mia111 (GB1)mia111 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 741
    edited 27.02.2018
    I like the WWC so I'm happy to see it back. You can farm as usual and get additional stuff or you can be as busy as you wish to be. Hopefully the coin payout has been improved. We will see.

A pity that the items have been removed. I was still on my way to get the first of them (saving up coins). A limit would have been the best solution. After all, there is a limit for example in the library books, the boosters you can buy or the storage you get from barns. I.e. everybody has access to the same (controlled) amounts they wish to purchase them.

Skins are nice. I hope they do collections for the gourmet and flower farms as well and that all skins in general will become easier to get them (thought I feel this is wishful thinking...) so that we can really get the look we want to our farms.

On another issue: I understood that we would get the deco from the first CNY day with the update (at least the idea was to give it with the next update). Did this happen or was this postponed? I didn't see any pop up telling me that I got a deco. What was the deco? (I could not even see what was on the first day...). At least, I do not think I got anything.
  • Seeker1 (US1)Seeker1 (US1) US1 Posts: 571

On another issue: I understood that we would get the deco from the first CNY day with the update (at least the idea was to give it with the next update). Did this happen or was this postponed? I didn't see any pop up telling me that I got a deco. What was the deco? (I could not even see what was on the first day...). At least, I do not think I got anything.

• mutterkjær (SKN1)mutterkjær (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 344
    If the Harvest boxes is taken away from the trader, there will be absolutely NOTHING in there that I would like to buy. I don´t understand just how a little exstra storage room in any way could unbalance this game - so please explain that in detail to me. I have been saving coins for the last two rounds just to be able to buy this boxes this time, and now they are gone - WHY?????
  • @Seeker1 (US1)
    @mia111 (GB1)

I have asked about this.

Pickle
  • rsny (US1)rsny (US1) US1 Posts: 2,294
    If the Harvest boxes is taken away from the trader, there will be absolutely NOTHING in there that I would like to buy. I don´t understand just how a little exstra storage room in any way could unbalance this game - so please explain that in detail to me. I have been saving coins for the last two rounds just to be able to buy this boxes this time, and now they are gone - WHY?????
      I agree.  Just because a few players got greedy we all have to pay for a mistake that was made by  NOT US.
    A limit should have been put on these things and this would not have happened.  There is a limit on everything else why not on the kites and harvest boxes.  I have one harvest boxes and would like to have one more.
    I would also like to have a chance to get at  least one kite.

Oh well,  I am not surprised this has happened.  
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    So my question now is whats the point of the WWC when you have taken away nearly all of the big prizes and what will our compensation be for yet another GGS screw up? A "sincere" apology every time something is miscalculated isn't good enough especially now that some players have the kites/harvest boxes and most do not, how is that fair??

Whats next, take away seaweed, tokens, and gold production in our labs because it is deemed "unfair" to the economy of the game? Its worse when GGS waits for players to build towards their goals (deep sea and the big wwc prizes) then pulls the big prizes just before we get them.

I'm fascinated by how low GGS can go at the moment and it makes interesting watching while I wait to collect things in a slow laggy game. I feel sorry for players that have spent real money on this game.
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    edited 28.02.2018
    So this is a bug:

I needed another CC to see enough competitiveness to test it.

Let's say I harvest eggs in an egg mission and I am 2nd.  Then I shelve.  I went back and checked and it never moved from 2nd place.  Then it finished I got 6th.  Now.....I do know that it can change in the last few seconds, but not when most have shelved also, and not in every mission.  When you go back in to check and see your rank, in a mission that is shelved, it is often not correct.

**Perhaps you could individually refresh each shelved mission, but should you have to?....twenty minutes later?
    edited 28.02.2018
    @WascallyWabbit how about the players who already have A LARGE AMOUNT of Kites ? 

Will they keep them? This part is unclear to me : removed from the trader only , or removed from the game  entirely and coins refunded to those who already bought them??

if removed only from trader....that will do wonders to the balance(oh boy :'()
    Some people will have 20 kites(or more),while i cant buy just 1 anymore.Very  nice balance and fairness here........

Ok....my answer to this is that....lets turn the tables....lets assume you had spent lots of real money and bought gold and bought kites with gold.....Now....will you be ready to give up the kites ??

Next thing you will say remove spacious barns...because they give ppl an advantage in feed missions....

Next you will say...remove Handbooks because they give people more output....

Next you will say remove gold purchase all together......:)

-----No, I don't think that that is the intent.  But given the small size of the kite and the ability to place them on multiple farms, a person could eventually have an enormous number of them, so removing them going forward makes sense.

We have to have some sense of nuance and context.  If someone has 60 kites, that is quite different from a handbook or a spacious barn.

But, we should not take anyone's kites away.  They were earned or paid for, and that should be respected.
    So the logical resolution to this problem would be to impose a limit of how many kites one can have!

They should not take away the chance for a player that chose not to use gold and has been saving to obtain a kite. 
    I like the concept of a limit, but how you would put it in this game structurally is an issue.  And the people with lots of them....I don't see you take them away.  Do you refund them?  If so how?  Did they buy champ coins with gold?  Did they buy spin tokens and get the Champ Coins from the Wheel?  Refunding anyone properly seems insanely hard to calculate.  Long story short.....I think we have to live with what is out there.  And for the sake of the game, I sort of agree that they should probably stop selling them, unless they can come up with a limit of some kind (perhaps they could limit how many a user could ever purchase going forward, with champ coins....that would have the same effect, and do they do limit how many of certain "sale" items that can be bought, so that could work)

For disclosure.......I have two.  But there was no gold involved in either of mine.  A tiny percentage of Champ Coins came from spinning the Wheel, but I earned the spin tokens in the game.
    I did see you had 2 kites and figured that is why you were okay with them removing the kite.

It's not my job to figure out how to impose the limit, I didn't offer these things and neglect to set a limit from the beginning. 

That is an extremely unfair statement, with which I take issue.  I am not simply okay with removing it because I "already have some."  I noted that I have two for fairness and full disclosure.  I am okay with removing them, because I can see that people have 40-60 of these things could be a problem.  Until they figure out something better, a temporary ban seems logical to stop that problem from growing.

I like the idea of a limit, more and more as it settles in on me.  It was very hard to earn these and taking them away from those of us who worked toward them and achieved them, seems extremely unfair.   I identified this kite as my goal on the first day that the WW trader appeared and worked steadily toward that goal.  Isn't that exactly what I should have done?  That should not be punished. 

I think a limit of maybe 5-10 sound reasonable.  Based on my pace (which is very swift), it would still take a very long time to get 5-10.  So that seems like a reasonable solution.  Plus, after you get 5-10, you could identify other goals and work toward other things.  This idea really sounds good to me.

They have purchase limits on things that pop up as "favorite offers".  For example there is a sale where the "freezers" for DSF are cheaper, but you can only buy 50, so the limit is clearly possible.  I never meant that it is your job to figure that out, but GGS is somewhat stuck working within the coding limits of a game that is already fairly developed, which may mean that everything we dream up is not necessarily a readily available as an option, from a coding standpoint.  We have to be realistic about that.

Post edited by gavinfarms (US1) on
  • carjola (AU1)carjola (AU1) AU1 Posts: 252
    Since the WWC World Map/Calendar showed up  my game has become absolutely impossible to play!! It is even worse when the fireworks turn up. The WWC W, Map/calendar, the CC Notice & the Prime Sale have been spinning & changing places every time you harvest while the fireworks are on since yesterday 27th Feb. making it totally impossible to play.

The game is sooo very sluggish & lagging I can't play. I am unable to finish my zodiac chips for the snake & dragon because of this problem or take advantage of the fireworks. So what is the point of playing. I can't do any missions.. also no point 

I was having no problems before yesterday. The only change was the WWC Calendar showing up which is totally blank. 

I just wish that GGS would FIX ALL THE BUGS THAT THIS GAME GETS EVERY TIME AN EVENT LIKE THE WWC IS ADDED

This is the 4th go at the wwc and even before it has started it is giving us players problems.

GGS please fix the game!!

I love this game and want to play, but you are making it impossible!!
  • Xcution (INT1)Xcution (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,183
    edited 28.02.2018
    @WascallyWabbit how about the players who already have A LARGE AMOUNT of Kites ? 

Will they keep them? This part is unclear to me : removed from the trader only , or removed from the game  entirely and coins refunded to those who already bought them??

if removed only from trader....that will do wonders to the balance(oh boy :'()
    Some people will have 20 kites(or more),while i cant buy just 1 anymore.Very  nice balance and fairness here........

Ok....my answer to this is that....lets turn the tables....lets assume you had spent lots of real money and bought gold and bought kites with gold.....Now....will you be ready to give up the kites ??

Next thing you will say remove spacious barns...because they give ppl an advantage in feed missions....

Next you will say...remove Handbooks because they give people more output....

Next you will say remove gold purchase all together......:)

-----No, I don't think that that is the intent.  But given the small size of the kite and the ability to place them on multiple farms, a person could eventually have an enormous number of them, so removing them going forward makes sense.

We have to have some sense of nuance and context.  If someone has 60 kites, that is quite different from a handbook or a spacious barn.

But, we should not take anyone's kites away.  They were earned or paid for, and that should be respected.
    So the logical resolution to this problem would be to impose a limit of how many kites one can have!

They should not take away the chance for a player that chose not to use gold and has been saving to obtain a kite. 
    I like the concept of a limit, but how you would put it in this game structurally is an issue.  And the people with lots of them....I don't see you take them away.  Do you refund them?  If so how?  Did they buy champ coins with gold?  Did they buy spin tokens and get the Champ Coins from the Wheel?  Refunding anyone properly seems insanely hard to calculate.  Long story short.....I think we have to live with what is out there.  And for the sake of the game, I sort of agree that they should probably stop selling them, unless they can come up with a limit of some kind (perhaps they could limit how many a user could ever purchase going forward, with champ coins....that would have the same effect, and do they do limit how many of certain "sale" items that can be bought, so that could work)

For disclosure.......I have two.  But there was no gold involved in either of mine.  A tiny percentage of Champ Coins came from spinning the Wheel, but I earned the spin tokens in the game.
    I did see you had 2 kites and figured that is why you were okay with them removing the kite.

It's not my job to figure out how to impose the limit, I didn't offer these things and neglect to set a limit from the beginning. 

That is an extremely unfair statement, with which I take issue.  I am not simply okay with removing it because I "already have some."  I noted that I have two for fairness and full disclosure.  I am okay with removing them, because I can see that people have 40-60 of these things could be a problem.  Until they figure out something better, a temporary ban seems logical to stop that problem from growing.

I like the idea of a limit, more and more as it settles in on me.  It was very hard to earn these and taking them away from those of us who worked toward them and achieved them, seems extremely unfair.   I identified this kite as my goal on the first day that the WW trader appeared and worked steadily toward that goal.  Isn't that exactly what I should have done?  That should not be punished. 

I think a limit of maybe 5-10 sound reasonable.  Based on my pace (which is very swift), it would still take a very long time to get 5-10.  So that seems like a reasonable solution.  Plus, after you get 5-10, you could identify other goals and work toward other things.  This idea really sounds good to me.

They have purchase limits on things that pop up as "favorite offers".  For example there is a sale where the "freezers" for DSF are cheaper, but you can only buy 50, so the limit is clearly possible.  I never meant that it is your job to figure that out, but GGS is somewhat stuck working within the coding limits of a game that is already fairly developed, which may mean that everything we dream up is not necessarily a readily available an option, from a coding standpoint.  We have to be realistic about that.

@gavinfarms (US1)
    If u want kites u can buy that's y ggs show the gold but for some people who work hard enough to get one of that **** how dare u say that I am OK with that I am not OK with that It was an opportunity given by ggs to get what u want gold players has done what they can 
    A player like me who didn't buy gold is nothing but an insult statement what u said no that's not OK in any way I work hard enough to get the coins and spin the wheel like crazy I didn't spin any other wheel except the wwc so u can think how long and how I waited for that little kite and now u said its OK to remove to get a fairness game if u don't want that why u even bother dear 
    But I truly disappoint by ur msg above u are one of the guys on forum who talk and give better solutions but this time u said something I couldn't agree with
    Post edited by CuddlyFoxes (FormerMod) on
  • marywisc (US1)marywisc (US1) US1 Posts: 176
    What time does WWC start??
    And why are there no WWC prizes in the coop challenge? The coop challenge will end after WWC starts.
  • Morgane (US1)Morgane (US1) US1 Posts: 83

And the separation from the highest level players (and golders), compared to regular players, just keeps getting wider and wider.

Another year of this and all you will have left here is a handful of high end golders playing the game. The old saying "The rich get richer, and the poor get poorer" seems to be GGS's new motto.

edited 01.03.2018
    If u want kites u can buy that's y ggs show the gold but for some people who work hard enough to get one of that **** how dare u say that I am OK with that I am not OK with that It was an opportunity given by ggs to get what u want gold players has done what they can 
    A player like me who didn't buy gold is nothing but an insult statement what u said no that's not OK in any way I work hard enough to get the coins and spin the wheel like crazy I didn't spin any other wheel except the wwc so u can think how long and how I waited for that little kite and now u said its OK to remove to get a fairness game if u don't want that why u even bother dear 
    But I truly disappoint by ur msg above u are one of the guys on forum who talk and give better solutions but this time u said something I couldn't agree with
    I cannot actually tell what you mean in this statement above.  Some people earned their kites (like me).  Others bought them with gold, which requires real world money.  I think that both of those scenarios should be respected.  The solution from GGS, should be one that is "going forward," and not punitive toward the past (I have always taken this approach).  And given that lots of people having 40-60 of these things, would throw the game out of balance, a limit seems smart to me.  I agree with @FarmerKar (US1) on that.  My suggestion is that they limit how many can ever be purchased through the trader.  Let's say the limit was 5 "going forward."  I would be able to get to a total of 7, and some would only get to 5.  The person with 60 would get to 65.  I am really not worried about these people with 60.  These sorts of people tend to burn out rather quickly anyway and leave the game.  I don't see them as a long term threat to the game, and after all, the kite only helps the CC, not the other events.

GGS was correct to recognize this as a problem.  A ban until a better solution is found.....this seems very reasonable to me.  When GGS does something reasoned and measured, for the protection of the game, we should applaud that.
  • dchen1 (US1)dchen1 (US1) US1 Posts: 993
    Since the WWC World Map/Calendar showed up  my game has become absolutely impossible to play!! It is even worse when the fireworks turn up. The WWC W, Map/calendar, the CC Notice & the Prime Sale have been spinning & changing places every time you harvest while the fireworks are on since yesterday 27th Feb. making it totally impossible to play.

The game is sooo very sluggish & lagging I can't play. I am unable to finish my zodiac chips for the snake & dragon because of this problem or take advantage of the fireworks. So what is the point of playing. I can't do any missions.. also no point 

I was having no problems before yesterday. The only change was the WWC Calendar showing up which is totally blank. 

I just wish that GGS would FIX ALL THE BUGS THAT THIS GAME GETS EVERY TIME AN EVENT LIKE THE WWC IS ADDED

This is the 4th go at the wwc and even before it has started it is giving us players problems.

GGS please fix the game!!

I love this game and want to play, but you are making it impossible!!

It is best to give feedback while the event is running so GGS can fix the problems in the event.  
  • The issue of the kites apparently effects a lot of dedicated players, many of them being here for a long time.I concur that this is an unfair advantage, badly thought through, making some players angry or despondent.I did not see any meaning response from GGs or moderators. Just like in real life.."the rich get richer, the poor get the picture". Our little co-op can't even get an answer on why the research lab keeps taking our money but doesn't upgrade despite receiving a notice research is completed.Been going on for months, guess nothing really changes.
    It's so frustrating when the mods don't answer our questions ...
  • ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
    And why are there no WWC prizes in the coop challenge? The coop challenge will end after WWC starts.
    It is also worth mentioning that there are worldwide championship points for the weekly event and the viking farm which should end before or at the same time the event starts, but the cooperative championships does not have any worldwide championship points while it will end after the worldwide championship starts as you mentioned.
  • @marywisc (US1)

There is a countdown to the WWC on the icon, so you will be able to see when it starts.

marywisc (US1) said:

The CC does not have points/prizes in it because part of it was active outside the WWC.

Pickle

Are we going to get a list of March event dates like we did the last several months?  Should we expect this on Thursday????????????????
  • Shay1968 (US1)Shay1968 (US1) Posts: 1,324
    Just give one kite to every players who doesn't have it yet. Then you can remove it from the list...I'm sure a lot will agree....:)) That will balance the game a little even for the small farms.
    No offense but I am curious how receiving ONE kite will bring balance compared to some players with 40-60 kites?
  • Gohan139 (US1)Gohan139 (US1) Posts: 57
    edited 01.03.2018
    I cannot actually tell what you mean in this statement above.  Some people earned their kites (like me).  Others bought them with gold, which requires real world money.  I think that both of those scenarios should be respected.  The solution from GGS, should be one that is "going forward," and not punitive toward the past (I have always taken this approach).  And given that lots of people having 40-60 of these things, would throw the game out of balance, a limit seems smart to me.  I agree with @FarmerKar (US1) on that.  My suggestion is that they limit how many can ever be purchased through the trader.  Let's say the limit was 5 "going forward."  I would be able to get to a total of 7, and some would only get to 5.  The person with 60 would get to 65.  I am really not worried about these people with 60.  These sorts of people tend to burn out rather quickly anyway and leave the game.  I don't see them as a long term threat to the game, and after all, the kite only helps the CC, not the other events.

GGS was correct to recognize this as a problem.  A ban until a better solution is found.....this seems very reasonable to me.  When GGS does something reasoned and measured, for the protection of the game, we should applaud that.
    Yeah, too bad this is as far from reasonable as you can get, huh? You get 7, and I get 5? Hell no! You get 5, I get 5, and we both live with that. Quit adding 5 to everyone who already has at least one. That's stupid, and possibly the worst idea ever in this situation. The total limit should be the same, and those who go over get their coins refunded for the ones they lose. It's a more fair situation than anything you're proposing, even though I'll admit it has it's flaws. But your statement, it's as bad as GGS at this point. Let the others have unfair advantages? How stupid of an idea is that? It may suck, and will likely irritate the gold whales, but if GGS can strip advantages from major spenders on their other games, I see no reason why they can't do it here. Let's just hope that they get a 25% bonus or more on the coins they initially spent (yes. that's fair, cause they won't be able to use thee refunded coins on the same stuff, so giving them more to use on other things is actually a decent compensation).
    edited 01.03.2018

Yeah, too bad this is as far from reasonable as you can get, huh? You get 7, and I get 5? Hell no! You get 5, I get 5, and we both live with that. Quit adding 5 to everyone who already has at least one. That's stupid, and possibly the worst idea ever in this situation. The total limit should be the same, and those who go over get their coins refunded for the ones they lose. It's a more fair situation than anything you're proposing, even though I'll admit it has it's flaws. But your statement, it's as bad as GGS at this point. Let the others have unfair advantages? How stupid of an idea is that? It may suck, and will likely irritate the gold whales, but if GGS can strip advantages from major spenders on their other games, I see no reason why they can't do it here. Let's just hope that they get a 25% bonus or more on the coins they initially spent (yes. that's fair, cause they won't be able to use thee refunded coins on the same stuff, so giving them more to use on other things is actually a decent compensation).

You are missing part of the point.  I NEVER support any sort of clawback to take away what people already have, which you plainly suggest.  That is theft.  My understanding from GGS staff, is that a limit could only be technically done, with consideration of the future.  So, as an example, where the limit would be "5", that would be in addition to what people already have......be that 2 or 40 or 60.

If people are not going to look for a reasonable solution, then perhaps GGS should simply never bring them back at all.  If we expect for this forum to be having any meaningful usefulness, then we have to have productive, well-reasoned thoughts in here, as opposed to a tit-for-tat of pointless blabberings.
Sign In to comment.