Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Update Feb 27th - WWC 4th Run - Discussion

Comments

• Michiru (GB1)Michiru (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,239
    Is anyone else's WWC calendar looking like this..?

• gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    @WascallyWabbit how about the players who already have A LARGE AMOUNT of Kites ? 

Will they keep them? This part is unclear to me : removed from the trader only , or removed from the game  entirely and coins refunded to those who already bought them??

if removed only from trader....that will do wonders to the balance(oh boy :'()
    Some people will have 20 kites(or more),while i cant buy just 1 anymore.Very  nice balance and fairness here........

Ok....my answer to this is that....lets turn the tables....lets assume you had spent lots of real money and bought gold and bought kites with gold.....Now....will you be ready to give up the kites ??

Next thing you will say remove spacious barns...because they give ppl an advantage in feed missions....

Next you will say...remove Handbooks because they give people more output....

Next you will say remove gold purchase all together......:)

-----No, I don't think that that is the intent.  But given the small size of the kite and the ability to place them on multiple farms, a person could eventually have an enormous number of them, so removing them going forward makes sense.

We have to have some sense of nuance and context.  If someone has 60 kites, that is quite different from a handbook or a spacious barn.

But, we should not take anyone's kites away.  They were earned or paid for, and that should be respected.
    So the logical resolution to this problem would be to impose a limit of how many kites one can have!

They should not take away the chance for a player that chose not to use gold and has been saving to obtain a kite. 
    I like the concept of a limit, but how you would put it in this game structurally is an issue.  And the people with lots of them....I don't see you take them away.  Do you refund them?  If so how?  Did they buy champ coins with gold?  Did they buy spin tokens and get the Champ Coins from the Wheel?  Refunding anyone properly seems insanely hard to calculate.  Long story short.....I think we have to live with what is out there.  And for the sake of the game, I sort of agree that they should probably stop selling them, unless they can come up with a limit of some kind (perhaps they could limit how many a user could ever purchase going forward, with champ coins....that would have the same effect, and do they do limit how many of certain "sale" items that can be bought, so that could work)

For disclosure.......I have two.  But there was no gold involved in either of mine.  A tiny percentage of Champ Coins came from spinning the Wheel, but I earned the spin tokens in the game.
    gavinfarms @ us 1
  • ronin7 (INT1)ronin7 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 538
    I never had any allusions that I would get a kite ... whichever model or name that it was. So removal of it ..meh! I'm a lowly 05 level player who inches up re leveling; I am happy with decos I can get.  I appreciate every one of those frenzied gold players and, if they're happy I'm happy...GGS tinkers with the game as they see fit; now whether it is with good or not so good results ...meh! I've rediscovered the joy and relaxation of playing this game...coop life is not a great fit for me...so changes, for me, are on the horizon ... what GGS decides is fine with me and, when it isn't it'll be goodbye.  So kites or no kites, in the end...this is a game which can be played or not played ... all within your control ... life isn't in your control but this game is .......
    my mistake ... "I'm a lowly 95 level player" ... hit the wrong button ... sigh.
    SPRING !!! What a glorious notion...Calgary might get an actual Spring, but it's doubtful as too often we still get heavy snows well into April...the idea of Spring is so alluring, refreshing, light-hearted feeling.  I love the new trophies; and, I would really love to get that new duck pond look for my GF ducks...can you tell that I'm so over winter ... it's been too long, too dark, too cold ...Winter can leave tomorrow... I want to welcome Spring .......
  • grrr (NL1)grrr (NL1) NL1 Posts: 664
    SPRING !!! What a glorious notion...Calgary might get an actual Spring, but it's doubtful as too often we still get heavy snows well into April...the idea of Spring is so alluring, refreshing, light-hearted feeling.  I love the new trophies; and, I would really love to get that new duck pond look for my GF ducks...can you tell that I'm so over winter ... it's been too long, too dark, too cold ...Winter can leave tomorrow... I want to welcome Spring .......
    @ronin7 (INT1)  I'm afraid you should read more carefully, the skin is for a coop duck pond, not a regular one. So another prize in an individual event that is of no use for all of us not in top competing coops. :/
  • WascallyRabbit , please can you answer my question from yesterday,thank

Options
    Regarding the cookies, If you have an account on more than one server, does this change mean that you will only be able to play on one account
    Thank you
    flower farmer @ us1

flower farmer @ us 1
  • paroma (IN1)paroma (IN1) IN1 Posts: 45
    I have a question too. My pc has two accounts for 2 users. Both of us play bigfarm & have 1 account each. Will we have problem in logging in? Please answer.
    paroma @ in 1
  • WascallyRabbit , please can you answer my question from yesterday,thank

Options
    Regarding the cookies, If you have an account on more than one server, does this change mean that you will only be able to play on one account
    Thank you
    flower farmer @ us1

You can still play on your other accounts you just have to remember the following:

• Only one account’s details will be saved by your browser, if you have additional accounts on other servers these will not be saved, only the last username and password entered will be saved.

• Checking the ‘remember me’ box on the login page will keep you logged into the game for 30 days, so long as you do not press the logout button from inside the game. Clicking the logout button will now also remove your saved account details and you will need to enter them again to login.

So you will have to be more aware of what server you are logging on to and your passwords.
  • Rocky123 (IN1)Rocky123 (IN1) IN1 Posts: 627
    Everyone were given equal amount of chance to buy kites Quack :)
    If u wanted u could have also bought :)

So i dont think there is any unfair thing in this . Being a F2P player , yes getting kites is difficult but for GGS to run the show gold buyers are needed :)
    I have been trying to save up to buy 1 kite since I started playing this game years ago, I am stumped how you think everyone has had a equal chance to get them cause I always get sweet f all coins from events..

Did u not get the popup for buying championship coins or coins from the WWC wheel ?
    U too got but dint prefer to buy gold or spin enough  . Its your choice . Its a game and spending real money or not is your wish , so everyone were given an equal amount of chance :) to get the kites .Thats what i meant .

I am too a F2P player , could save up enough and spin few tokens to buy 1 kite , a tropical pig and a candy cow :) and i just carry on with my game .

• Alakazam (AU1)Alakazam (AU1) AU1 Posts: 44
    YES YES YES 

all these comments are right -  to say unbalanced - would mean removal of all extras- library books -  fancy house -  spacious barn  and how about the 3 ply toilet paper  (what the ?) nah just crying that I won't get a kite now -  boo hoo 

and yes it it something to cry about especially when you have been saving up like a squirrel for one 

come on game powers that be  -  be fair  --- lots of suggestions  and ways around this mess - limit the kite's  purchase , decrease  amount of rep bonus extra extra  - but don't remove them altogether  you know in your heart its not right.

Alakazam @ au 1
  • Rusty Farmer (AU1)Rusty Farmer (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,681
    Perhaps not have limit with the likes of kites and so on but each one has a decreasing positive affect.
  • Tinzen (SKN1)Tinzen (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 473
    I thought, that we have had the update, so what this the countdown for?
    Tinzen @ skn 1
  • FarmerCli (US1)FarmerCli (US1) US1 Posts: 2,382
    I noticed that there is nothing scheduled on the WWC globe on our farms.  Is this what the update is all about?

Photo taken by FarmerCli  (Front Porch View of Elk grazing in pasture) 2015

• archerbob (AU1)archerbob (AU1) AU1 Posts: 531
    edited 28.02.2018
    I thought, that we have had the update, so what this the countdown for?
    No idea, I've had multiple countdowns all night so far and the server hasn't reboot once... it did eventually reboot
    Post edited by archerbob (AU1) on
  • Tinzen (SKN1)Tinzen (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 473
    It really would be helpfull if the mods could push a little more on the speeder when there is a countdown.....its rather depressing that we have a countdown, but doesnt know what it is about.
    Tinzen @ skn 1
  • FarmerKar (US1)FarmerKar (US1) US1 Posts: 334
    @WascallyWabbit how about the players who already have A LARGE AMOUNT of Kites ? 

Will they keep them? This part is unclear to me : removed from the trader only , or removed from the game  entirely and coins refunded to those who already bought them??

if removed only from trader....that will do wonders to the balance(oh boy :'()
    Some people will have 20 kites(or more),while i cant buy just 1 anymore.Very  nice balance and fairness here........

Ok....my answer to this is that....lets turn the tables....lets assume you had spent lots of real money and bought gold and bought kites with gold.....Now....will you be ready to give up the kites ??

Next thing you will say remove spacious barns...because they give ppl an advantage in feed missions....

Next you will say...remove Handbooks because they give people more output....

Next you will say remove gold purchase all together......:)

-----No, I don't think that that is the intent.  But given the small size of the kite and the ability to place them on multiple farms, a person could eventually have an enormous number of them, so removing them going forward makes sense.

We have to have some sense of nuance and context.  If someone has 60 kites, that is quite different from a handbook or a spacious barn.

But, we should not take anyone's kites away.  They were earned or paid for, and that should be respected.
    So the logical resolution to this problem would be to impose a limit of how many kites one can have!

They should not take away the chance for a player that chose not to use gold and has been saving to obtain a kite. 
    I like the concept of a limit, but how you would put it in this game structurally is an issue.  And the people with lots of them....I don't see you take them away.  Do you refund them?  If so how?  Did they buy champ coins with gold?  Did they buy spin tokens and get the Champ Coins from the Wheel?  Refunding anyone properly seems insanely hard to calculate.  Long story short.....I think we have to live with what is out there.  And for the sake of the game, I sort of agree that they should probably stop selling them, unless they can come up with a limit of some kind (perhaps they could limit how many a user could ever purchase going forward, with champ coins....that would have the same effect, and do they do limit how many of certain "sale" items that can be bought, so that could work)

For disclosure.......I have two.  But there was no gold involved in either of mine.  A tiny percentage of Champ Coins came from spinning the Wheel, but I earned the spin tokens in the game.
    I did see you had 2 kites and figured that is why you were okay with them removing the kite.

It's not my job to figure out how to impose the limit, I didn't offer these things and neglect to set a limit from the beginning. 

Sign In to comment.