Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Feb 27th - WWC 4th Run - Discussion

Comments

• I agree with limit 1 kite per account. 
    For players with multiple kites, gumball machines, and harvest festival boxes, remove them from the farms and drop box and return the coins(buy price*number of decos) , then provide the opportunity(championship trader) to buy the decoration for a fair bonus.  
    A player could have 1 kite, 1 gumball machine(with bonus), and 1 harvest festival boxes.  The system will check the 3 farms, local inventories, and the drop box if there is one.  If the decoration was demolished or disappeared from a glitch(unlikely), it will be possible to buy it again.  
    Exactly right !! 
    I'm disappointed with removal of those items from the WWC trader, as i was hoping to save-up for them, while playing/ participating in future WWCs.
    Of course those items give advantage to the farms who have them & good for them.
    What should have been done from the start - is deco lock.  Our Traders have a lock , once you buy a fave "offer" from Omar , you can not purchase another one.

The same LOCK system should have been in place for the Acrobatic Kite, Boxes & Gumball.
    Removing those items, will set everyone who doesn't have them yet & "works for silver coins" way behind.

Maybe for next trader the items should be added back and coded, so each farm can buy only MAX two of each.
    And once you do - the item will no longer be available for your purchase even if you got the coins for it.

As I said at the start - I haven't gotten the kites, boxes etc yet ....  and now, even if I work my "ars-off" I will not get the chance - fair is fair.  Lock the items & bring them back.
  • Gohan139 (US1)Gohan139 (US1) Posts: 57
    edited 27.02.2018
    @WascallyWabbit how about the players who already have A LARGE AMOUNT of Kites ? 

Will they keep them? This part is unclear to me : removed from the trader only , or removed from the game  entirely and coins refunded to those who already bought them??

if removed only from trader....that will do wonders to the balance(oh boy :'()
    Some people will have 20 kites(or more),while i cant buy just 1 anymore.Very  nice balance and fairness here........

Ok....my answer to this is that....lets turn the tables....lets assume you had spent lots of real money and bought gold and bought kites with gold.....Now....will you be ready to give up the kites ??

Next thing you will say remove spacious barns...because they give ppl an advantage in feed missions....

Next you will say...remove Handbooks because they give people more output....

Next you will say remove gold purchase all together......:)

Uh, no. Just.....no. There's a HUGE difference between the two here that you're ignoring. What was it again? Oh yeah.........YOU CAN STILL GET THOSE!!!! Hello! We can't get the kites anymore, which in and of itself is infuriating. The other items you mentioned are still attainable. And GGS will NEVER get rid of those functions (actually, they might, they've gotten brain dead enough to do so). So your comparison is skewed beyond belief.
    Edit: I just thought of it, but we might want to get ready for a year of removals on bigfarm (good content only, likely). This is how it started on empire, was the gem update. Here, it's this garbage. Next, in the name of "balance", we'll see the mining licenses stripped, then the goldflowers, then prices will go up, and so on. GGS is too predictable. And when they pull stuff, don't expect actual refunds. Never happens with them, lol.
  • TMKC (IN1)TMKC (IN1) IN1 Posts: 939
    I agree with limit 1 kite per account. 
    For players with multiple kites, gumball machines, and harvest festival boxes, remove them from the farms and drop box and return the coins(buy price*number of decos) , then provide the opportunity(championship trader) to buy the decoration for a fair bonus.  
    A player could have 1 kite, 1 gumball machine(with bonus), and 1 harvest festival boxes.  The system will check the 3 farms, local inventories, and the drop box if there is one.  If the decoration was demolished or disappeared from a glitch(unlikely), it will be possible to buy it again.  
    No way....removing kites of people who have bought with gold means....all of us gold buyers are definetly out of the game.....Then maybe GGS can run the show with non gold buyers. No good business will kill their revenue..that is just stupidity.

I have the perfect solution to this problem.....Reintroduce the kites......but make sure availability of WWC coins is limited. Let players be able to earn wwc coins from only playing wwc. That way it slows down sudden buying up of large number of kites at once.

As far as people who have already bought kites......that is something that should not be tinkered with. When the dollar bug came....people bought cherries from market and sold them back to market and made crazy dollars.....then they UG Labs, Lesters etc etc and skipped all construction. Their buildings were never downgraded......that was an error......so we all live with it.

Also......tell me servers where people have bought huge number of kites.....i know only mine and brazil. Maybe there are more.....

And this idea of returning coins or gold instead of kites is pathetic because that will be the last nail in the coffin for BF's death.

It will like a scam by GGS....its like you buy a ferrari for 1 million dollars and then ferrari says to you....you know what....we r taking back the ferrari and in return we will give you 20 Prius.

• I agree with limit 1 kite per account. 
    No way....removing kites of people who have bought with gold means....all of us gold buyers are definetly out of the game.....Then maybe GGS can run the show with non gold buyers. No good business will kill their revenue..that is just stupidity.

I have the perfect solution to this problem.....Reintroduce the kites......but make sure availability of WWC coins is limited. Let players be able to earn wwc coins from only playing wwc. That way it slows down sudden buying up of large number of kites at once.

As far as people who have already bought kites......that is something that should not be tinkered with. When the dollar bug came....people bought cherries from market and sold them back to market and made crazy dollars.....then they UG Labs, Lesters etc etc and skipped all construction. Their buildings were never downgraded......that was an error......so we all live with it.

Also......tell me servers where people have bought huge number of kites.....i know only mine and brazil. Maybe there are more.....

And this idea of returning coins or gold instead of kites is pathetic because that will be the last nail in the coffin for BF's death.

It will like a scam by GGS....its like you buy a ferrari for 1 million dollars and then ferrari says to you....you know what....we r taking back the ferrari and in return we will give you 20 Prius.

@TMKC - noo no, keep the Ferrari, you playing the game the way you like to play it ;) right...
    What I'm proposing is - because you already "bought your ferrari-kite" , when the kite comes back it will not be available for purchase at your farm.  Does this make sense? It will be locked, as you already have it :)

That GGS made a mistake and allow players, grab more than one, ten or twenty - it was another "huge"- ball drop, but was it accidental? Not sure about that part, since you could purchase silver coins for gold >> and coins would get you things at the Trader ....  maybe it was a way of getting some gold-$$ revenue back, after DSF fiasko, who knows ;) 

Either / OR what should be done now - as a suggestion, put a limit- lock on certain items at the Silver Coin Trader and farmers, who already purchased those items will not be allowed to get more .....
    That's doable, easily - the server tracks every player & the rewards they receive, decos etc.
    Lock system is easy to be put in , in place.

As for those who got many rewards, while spending money - good for you, that you did it, before the items got deleted. You spend money - things can NOT be taken back after purchase. 
    Lets put this one as one more unfortunate happening at GGS development ;) (was it an accident, really? $$$)
  • Michiru (GB1)Michiru (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,239
    Is anyone else's WWC calendar looking like this..?

• gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    @WascallyWabbit how about the players who already have A LARGE AMOUNT of Kites ? 

Will they keep them? This part is unclear to me : removed from the trader only , or removed from the game  entirely and coins refunded to those who already bought them??

Some people will have 20 kites(or more),while i cant buy just 1 anymore.Very  nice balance and fairness here........

Ok....my answer to this is that....lets turn the tables....lets assume you had spent lots of real money and bought gold and bought kites with gold.....Now....will you be ready to give up the kites ??

Next thing you will say remove spacious barns...because they give ppl an advantage in feed missions....

-----No, I don't think that that is the intent.  But given the small size of the kite and the ability to place them on multiple farms, a person could eventually have an enormous number of them, so removing them going forward makes sense.

We have to have some sense of nuance and context.  If someone has 60 kites, that is quite different from a handbook or a spacious barn.

But, we should not take anyone's kites away.  They were earned or paid for, and that should be respected.
    So the logical resolution to this problem would be to impose a limit of how many kites one can have!

They should not take away the chance for a player that chose not to use gold and has been saving to obtain a kite. 
    I like the concept of a limit, but how you would put it in this game structurally is an issue.  And the people with lots of them....I don't see you take them away.  Do you refund them?  If so how?  Did they buy champ coins with gold?  Did they buy spin tokens and get the Champ Coins from the Wheel?  Refunding anyone properly seems insanely hard to calculate.  Long story short.....I think we have to live with what is out there.  And for the sake of the game, I sort of agree that they should probably stop selling them, unless they can come up with a limit of some kind (perhaps they could limit how many a user could ever purchase going forward, with champ coins....that would have the same effect, and do they do limit how many of certain "sale" items that can be bought, so that could work)

For disclosure.......I have two.  But there was no gold involved in either of mine.  A tiny percentage of Champ Coins came from spinning the Wheel, but I earned the spin tokens in the game.
  • White _Doves (US1)White _Doves (US1) Posts: 1,200
    edited 27.02.2018
    I agree with the idea stated that GGS place the lock on purchase of Kite, Gumball Machine and Harvest Boxes, at having 10-20 each per farm. I say this much to even out with those that have them. Those that have them already can not buy more.
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    By the way for those who don't have a kite.....here is how the math works

Let's say you get 10,000 points from a mission.  You have a coop booster of 20 percent and personal booster of 25 percent.   That is 10,000 +2,000 +2,500.......that is 14,500 points.  

Having the kite adds 50 percent off the base of 10,000, so 5,000.  

Thus you have 14,500 +5,000 = 19,500

So you have gone from 14,500 to 19,500 by virtue of the kite......  You still have to do a lot of missions.  

I think some people have might an over-expectation of what the kite does.
  • ronin7 (INT1)ronin7 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 542
    I never had any allusions that I would get a kite ... whichever model or name that it was. So removal of it ..meh! I'm a lowly 05 level player who inches up re leveling; I am happy with decos I can get.  I appreciate every one of those frenzied gold players and, if they're happy I'm happy...GGS tinkers with the game as they see fit; now whether it is with good or not so good results ...meh! I've rediscovered the joy and relaxation of playing this game...coop life is not a great fit for me...so changes, for me, are on the horizon ... what GGS decides is fine with me and, when it isn't it'll be goodbye.  So kites or no kites, in the end...this is a game which can be played or not played ... all within your control ... life isn't in your control but this game is .......
    my mistake ... "I'm a lowly 95 level player" ... hit the wrong button ... sigh.
    SPRING !!! What a glorious notion...Calgary might get an actual Spring, but it's doubtful as too often we still get heavy snows well into April...the idea of Spring is so alluring, refreshing, light-hearted feeling.  I love the new trophies; and, I would really love to get that new duck pond look for my GF ducks...can you tell that I'm so over winter ... it's been too long, too dark, too cold ...Winter can leave tomorrow... I want to welcome Spring .......
  • re:the kite issue.
    Why not  (for GGS) have a look  at all the game accounts, find out the maximum number of kite on one farm as it is now and put the buying limit to this very number? Not to take away something that someone have put effort and money into buying, but not to put all the others in too much a disadvantage.

But I have another concern here.
    Do GGS know the meaning / definition of the word "Championship"? Championship is the main competition of a season. You just can't held a competition every other week and call it "Championship"!
  • Xcution (INT1) said:
    A plan doesn't need I think what ggs think they done 
    As u said those Deco's didnt have that power but it was give by the championship trader right if so why u guys introduced
    Mostly players play the wwc just to make sure somehow they had to gather all of thoes coins to buy one kite ( I am asking for a.non gold player like me it took me 3 wwc as I mentioned)
    And if u guys are going to replace thoes kites to normal u can have it back but I bought the kite use 13,125/ coins or so I need double coins instead otherwise it wouldn't be a fairness game for the dev and a player 

@Xcution (INT1) It is too early yet to assume that you will not get your kite, it takes time to come up with a plan, write & test it etc and I am glad that they have not just rushed in & changed everything, probably with bugs & mad a mess (like usual). All they have done is remove those decos from sale, to stop the problem getting worse & we will have to wait & see what final solution they come up with. Personally (as a player) I like the suggestion of bringing them back with a limit, as that would certainly be the most fair thing for all those people saving up to buy one, as for those already over the limit, I agree that is more complicated, but maybe they stopped it soon enough that they can leave them as they are, we just do not know yet, what will happen, so keep the ideas coming. :)

@MoonionsRule (US1) I wouldn't say an accident, more like some badly thought out decisions. In hindsight it seems obvious that a limit would be needed, but initially coins were only available though the WWC & maybe like that it would not have been possible to get enough of them to cause a problem. Then, as you say, coins became available through other means, maybe without considering the bigger picture. :/
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
     Re: Removal of the Acrobatic kite, Gumball machine and Harvest festival boxes.

"a situation could occur in future where events become very unbalanced and unfair for players who do not have a large amount of these items."

Well Yeah! This IS a competitive game! It's about who can score more points, build a more competitive farm, acquire resources that will give you an edge against your competitors. I for one try daily to see what I can do to make my farm more unbalanced/unfair for other players to compete against. Or else why compete? 
    :/ 

A situation already occurs where events and competitions are VERY unbalanced due to points being won through CC wheel and Shinkei event by players willing to spend absurd amounts of gold, how is that any different? Oh wait, unfair and unbalanced is fine if GGS gets money from it so that makes your original concerns about fairness laughable.

• grrr (NL1)grrr (NL1) NL1 Posts: 664
    SPRING !!! What a glorious notion...Calgary might get an actual Spring, but it's doubtful as too often we still get heavy snows well into April...the idea of Spring is so alluring, refreshing, light-hearted feeling.  I love the new trophies; and, I would really love to get that new duck pond look for my GF ducks...can you tell that I'm so over winter ... it's been too long, too dark, too cold ...Winter can leave tomorrow... I want to welcome Spring .......
    @ronin7 (INT1)  I'm afraid you should read more carefully, the skin is for a coop duck pond, not a regular one. So another prize in an individual event that is of no use for all of us not in top competing coops. :/
  • WascallyRabbit , please can you answer my question from yesterday,thank

OptionsEdit
    Regarding the cookies, If you have an account on more than one server, does this change mean that you will only be able to play on one account
    Thank you
    flower farmer @ us1

• paroma (IN1)paroma (IN1) IN1 Posts: 45
    I have a question too. My pc has two accounts for 2 users. Both of us play bigfarm & have 1 account each. Will we have problem in logging in? Please answer.
  • Thanks once again GGS for Shi***ng on the little guy.

Have you tried politics, you`d be good at it as your great at Pis**ng people off.

I have been saving and spinning that stupid wheel for 2 WWC`s and i thought i MAY get my first kite at the end of this WWC. 

Well this is how i stand, I buy a lot of GOLD and used to enjoy playing this game !

I now will not spend another penny on GOLD after this insult, I will not take part in this useless WWC for yet another useless decoration.

I am seriously thinking of giving up this game as its going from fun to just being annoying. 

GGS listen to your players or there will be no more people to play.

• WascallyRabbit , please can you answer my question from yesterday,thank

Options
    Regarding the cookies, If you have an account on more than one server, does this change mean that you will only be able to play on one account
    Thank you
    flower farmer @ us1

You can still play on your other accounts you just have to remember the following:

• Only one account’s details will be saved by your browser, if you have additional accounts on other servers these will not be saved, only the last username and password entered will be saved.

• Checking the ‘remember me’ box on the login page will keep you logged into the game for 30 days, so long as you do not press the logout button from inside the game. Clicking the logout button will now also remove your saved account details and you will need to enter them again to login.

So you will have to be more aware of what server you are logging on to and your passwords.
  • archerbob (AU1)archerbob (AU1) AU1 Posts: 531
    Everyone were given equal amount of chance to buy kites Quack :)
    If u wanted u could have also bought :)

So i dont think there is any unfair thing in this . Being a F2P player , yes getting kites is difficult but for GGS to run the show gold buyers are needed :)
    I have been trying to save up to buy 1 kite since I started playing this game years ago, I am stumped how you think everyone has had a equal chance to get them cause I always get sweet f all coins from events...
  • Rocky123 (IN1)Rocky123 (IN1) IN1 Posts: 627
    Everyone were given equal amount of chance to buy kites Quack :)
    If u wanted u could have also bought :)

So i dont think there is any unfair thing in this . Being a F2P player , yes getting kites is difficult but for GGS to run the show gold buyers are needed :)
    I have been trying to save up to buy 1 kite since I started playing this game years ago, I am stumped how you think everyone has had a equal chance to get them cause I always get sweet f all coins from events..

Did u not get the popup for buying championship coins or coins from the WWC wheel ?
    U too got but dint prefer to buy gold or spin enough  . Its your choice . Its a game and spending real money or not is your wish , so everyone were given an equal amount of chance :) to get the kites .Thats what i meant .

I am too a F2P player , could save up enough and spin few tokens to buy 1 kite , a tropical pig and a candy cow :) and i just carry on with my game .

• Alakazam (AU1)Alakazam (AU1) AU1 Posts: 44
    YES YES YES 

all these comments are right -  to say unbalanced - would mean removal of all extras- library books -  fancy house -  spacious barn  and how about the 3 ply toilet paper  (what the ?) nah just crying that I won't get a kite now -  boo hoo 

and yes it it something to cry about especially when you have been saving up like a squirrel for one 

come on game powers that be  -  be fair  --- lots of suggestions  and ways around this mess - limit the kite's  purchase , decrease  amount of rep bonus extra extra  - but don't remove them altogether  you know in your heart its not right.

• Rusty Farmer (AU1)Rusty Farmer (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,705
    Perhaps not have limit with the likes of kites and so on but each one has a decreasing positive affect.
  • PCA (GB1)PCA (GB1) GB1 Posts: 839
    edited 27.02.2018

....... but don't remove them altogether  you know in your heart its not right.

heart ?  what heart ? 

• Tinzen (SKN1)Tinzen (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 473
    I thought, that we have had the update, so what this the countdown for?
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    edited 31.01.2023
    no comment
    Post edited by 24-KL0V3R (US1) on
  • archerbob (AU1)archerbob (AU1) AU1 Posts: 531
    edited 28.02.2018
    I thought, that we have had the update, so what this the countdown for?
    No idea, I've had multiple countdowns all night so far and the server hasn't reboot once... it did eventually reboot
    Post edited by archerbob (AU1) on
  • Tinzen (SKN1)Tinzen (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 473
    It really would be helpfull if the mods could push a little more on the speeder when there is a countdown.....its rather depressing that we have a countdown, but doesnt know what it is about.
  • Just Kar (US1)Just Kar (US1) US1 Posts: 340

-----No, I don't think that that is the intent.  But given the small size of the kite and the ability to place them on multiple farms, a person could eventually have an enormous number of them, so removing them going forward makes sense.

We have to have some sense of nuance and context.  If someone has 60 kites, that is quite different from a handbook or a spacious barn.

But, we should not take anyone's kites away.  They were earned or paid for, and that should be respected.
    So the logical resolution to this problem would be to impose a limit of how many kites one can have!

They should not take away the chance for a player that chose not to use gold and has been saving to obtain a kite. 
    I like the concept of a limit, but how you would put it in this game structurally is an issue.  And the people with lots of them....I don't see you take them away.  Do you refund them?  If so how?  Did they buy champ coins with gold?  Did they buy spin tokens and get the Champ Coins from the Wheel?  Refunding anyone properly seems insanely hard to calculate.  Long story short.....I think we have to live with what is out there.  And for the sake of the game, I sort of agree that they should probably stop selling them, unless they can come up with a limit of some kind (perhaps they could limit how many a user could ever purchase going forward, with champ coins....that would have the same effect, and do they do limit how many of certain "sale" items that can be bought, so that could work)

For disclosure.......I have two.  But there was no gold involved in either of mine.  A tiny percentage of Champ Coins came from spinning the Wheel, but I earned the spin tokens in the game.
    I did see you had 2 kites and figured that is why you were okay with them removing the kite.

It's not my job to figure out how to impose the limit, I didn't offer these things and neglect to set a limit from the beginning. 

• T.O.P (INT1)T.O.P (INT1) INT1 Posts: 247
    Just give one kite to every players who doesn't have it yet. Then you can remove it from the list...I'm sure a lot will agree....:)) That will balance the game a little even for the small farms.
Sign In to comment.