Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Feb 27th - WWC 4th Run - Discussion

Comments

• TMKC (IN1)TMKC (IN1) IN1 Posts: 939
    Let's see if I'm understanding this correctly. Originally, the only way to earn a kite was to come in first in a hard worker event, right? Maybe first on the WOF? So for two years, I knew I would never be able to get a kite. It wasn't going to be possible for a lowly level 170 player like me.

Then you introduced this championship trader and told your players, "If you work hard day after day and really give it your best, you too can earn these impossible prizes." So we bought into it, and we worked as hard as we could. We finally had a shot at higher coopcha points!

But we did not realize it would go away, and so we spent coins on a harvest box or two, maybe a new skin or a cowshed. We had time to earn more coins and still go for that elusive kite.

But GGS came into the office today and said, "Hey, team, let's brainstorm ways to further disenfranchise our players!" And so they yanked the harvest boxes. And they yanked the kites. They did not simply cap purchases at 1 or 2 or 5 of each. No, they just pulled them.

So why should loyal players stick with GGS? Time and time again, you have come after the players who did nothing wrong, nothing to skew the game, and you've screwed us over. The players with two dozen kites still have two dozen kites. The players with no kites have no kites. So all I can conclude is that GGS loves to give advantages to some players and deny opportunities to other players.

And you worry that WE make the game unfair and unbalanced?
    Hmm...i'll say GGS should reintroduce the kites.....and stop giving the Coins offer and the coins in WWC wof.

Let everyone work hard in WWC and earn coins and then let them purchase as many kites they want.

In IN1 server...i know almost 50 players who want to work hard in WWC so that they could buy a kite for themselves.

Also, reintroducing the kites and letting people buy them from trader from coins earned during wwc is a nice option.
  • @WascallyWabbit how about the players who already have A LARGE AMOUNT of Kites ? 

Will they keep them? This part is unclear to me : removed from the trader only , or removed from the game  entirely and coins refunded to those who already bought them??

if removed only from trader....that will do wonders to the balance(oh boy :'()
    Some people will have 20 kites(or more),while i cant buy just 1 anymore.Very  nice balance and fairness here........

Ok....my answer to this is that....lets turn the tables....lets assume you had spent lots of real money and bought gold and bought kites with gold.....Now....will you be ready to give up the kites ??

Next thing you will say remove spacious barns...because they give ppl an advantage in feed missions....

Next you will say...remove Handbooks because they give people more output....

Next you will say remove gold purchase all together......:)

Those are all false equivalencies. Every player can save up the gold to purchase a spacious barn or handbook. We don't have to buy our gold to have those advantages.
    @WascallyWabbit how about the players who already have A LARGE AMOUNT of Kites ? 

Will they keep them? This part is unclear to me : removed from the trader only , or removed from the game  entirely and coins refunded to those who already bought them??

Some people will have 20 kites(or more),while i cant buy just 1 anymore.Very  nice balance and fairness here........

Ok....my answer to this is that....lets turn the tables....lets assume you had spent lots of real money and bought gold and bought kites with gold.....Now....will you be ready to give up the kites ??

Next thing you will say remove spacious barns...because they give ppl an advantage in feed missions....

Those are all false equivalencies. Every player can save up the gold to purchase a spacious barn or handbook. We don't have to buy our gold to have those advantages.
    Hahaha...you save gold to buy handbooks ? what level ? 3 ?  

I have bought Lvl 7 for most stuff.  Try saving gold and buying Lvl 7 HB's......

If it was so so easy to save gold and buy everything from saved gold....i would have spent 0 money and just used the " saved gold ".

P.S : Maybe you can save gold without purchasing any gold and buy Lvl 7 HB for Wfs in 5 Years :wink:
    As far as frequency of WWC is considered...in my opinion...run WWC every alternative month. So 6 times a year.

The wwc rewards are good. The competition among players is not just for the top rank rewards but for the 100 rewards of each type too.

Also i feel lately, WWC is much better at keeping players interested in BF than CC or Chwe. 

As i have mentioned in another post, the rewards of most events and even CC and chwe and Fhwe are not worth the time or energy spent in working hard in those events.

Currently only WWC rewards are worth something to play for.

Also GGS...kindly increase the rewards for all events, if you are truly interested in retaining users. This is the 101 for retaining new and old users. Just increase the Seaweeds rewards by 5 times at least and you will see that almost every player becomes active in playing the game. 

In the end the seaweeds people earn as rewards will get spent against each other during missions.

The result is an increase in reputations...which does not unbalance the game. Seaweeds vs Seaweeds is not bad for the game. Plus the Seaweeds will last only for sometime.

Another bonus point in giving more seaweeds as rewards is that non-gold buyers can compete better with gold buyers in missions..this will in turn increase purchase of gold by gold buyers to win the mission :smile:

So all in all i see an increase in players motivation to play the game more and an increase in revenues for GGS.

Improving the rewards system is the key for BF to succeed.
  • Tigrain (BG1)Tigrain (BG1) BG1 Posts: 170
    @WascallyWabbit how about the players who already have A LARGE AMOUNT of Kites ? 

absolutely

though i agree on first part
    if i had spend that much real life money to buy 20 kites,i would never agree to give em up,even if full refund on coins ,cuz what  will i do with so much coins and nothing(anymore) good to buy;)
    i understand your point here.

what was i thinking? removing kites entirely? i must have lost my mind...that will upset big money spenders,the only thing ggs cares about:)

• artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    Simplest solution that's been mentioned -- cap the number of kites, but still leave them as prizes. (And, yes, those who maxed out will soon be whining that the prizes need to be changed because they can't win any.  Okay, then make it a choice of prizes.)  Still keeping the number of kites capped, make them prizes in other areas so that other people get a chance to win them.

• Seeker1 (US1)Seeker1 (US1) US1 Posts: 571
    edited 26.02.2018

50% is simply toooooo strong!

If I was running the show I would have set the kites at +10% reps and set a max availability of 20x in the trader.

20x at 10% = 200% booster.

So during any CoopCha, 20 kites would cover your expenses for personal boosters,
     (100% dollars personal booster) + (100% gold personal booster) = 200%.

Imbalanced and unfair.... hahahaha...  a simple solution perhaps.

Just my  $ 0.02 ;)
    I would have never bought the 20 kites if it was so less....i would have never bought the gold to buy the kites.

The reason i bought the kites and IMO other people too was because 50% was good.
    Precisely my point.. they wanted players to buy gold to obtain the kites, but they failed to realize the imbalance the kites would bring without putting any restrictions on buying them.  You're on Easy Street if you've bought a ton of them-- condolences to the players who missed out.  It will be interesting to see if any type of reparations will offered to those who didnt get one, and I wonder if any changes will be be made to the kites with regards to players that already own a big surplus of them.
  • ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
    edited 26.02.2018
    I am disappointed with the decision to remove the acrobatic kite, gumball machine and harvest festival box decoration boosters. It has been mentioned before whether there should be a maximum number of each type you can have, but nothing was ever done about it and now an extreme action has been taken, basically giving the players who already have them an extremely large advantage due to the fact that now other players are no longer able to collect them. So know you have the issue where players have a very large number of boosters but now other players cannot even get a few of them.

I do agree that there should be a limit for the number of each booster you can have, but I don't think your response to the situation was a good response.
  • Tinzen (SKN1)Tinzen (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 473
    As far as frequency of WWC is considered...in my opinion...run WWC every alternative month. So 6 times a year.

The wwc rewards are good. The competition among players is not just for the top rank rewards but for the 100 rewards of each type too.

Also i feel lately, WWC is much better at keeping players interested in BF than CC or Chwe. 

As i have mentioned in another post, the rewards of most events and even CC and chwe and Fhwe are not worth the time or energy spent in working hard in those events.

Currently only WWC rewards are worth something to play for.

Also GGS...kindly increase the rewards for all events, if you are truly interested in retaining users. This is the 101 for retaining new and old users. Just increase the Seaweeds rewards by 5 times at least and you will see that almost every player becomes active in playing the game. 

In the end the seaweeds people earn as rewards will get spent against each other during missions.

The result is an increase in reputations...which does not unbalance the game. Seaweeds vs Seaweeds is not bad for the game. Plus the Seaweeds will last only for sometime.

Another bonus point in giving more seaweeds as rewards is that non-gold buyers can compete better with gold buyers in missions..this will in turn increase purchase of gold by gold buyers to win the mission :smile:

So all in all i see an increase in players motivation to play the game more and an increase in revenues for GGS.

Improving the rewards system is the key for BF to succeed.

Every 2 months is far too often. Then u will only achive 2 things:
    1. ppl get tired of it like CC
    2. They will "reblacing" the rewards, so it would be harder to get the good prices - again like the CC
  • loron (GB1)loron (GB1) GB1 Posts: 58
    edited 26.02.2018
    To say I am angry is an understatement. I have been saving silver coins for months to get  the Acrobatic Kite and finally when i am near to buying it, GG  with their money grasping minds have taken it away! WHY? Because a few spent loads of money buying loads of them. and GG did not have the sense to limit it  they didn't think of that when players brought them did they NO! they just took their money and now have decided to stop the little players getting one. Where is the fairness in that?  You can put your dodgy new decs in the trash were they belong  You give worthless decs no one wants and think players are going to thank you? everything worth saving for as now gone.I will keep my money thank you. If all players decided to bycott your gold buying, then perhaps you may think twice about taking things from us!  :s 
  • PCA (GB1)PCA (GB1) GB1 Posts: 839
    ........  Then they come back with changes that upset the players. 

Changes that upset the players AND are far from being the best and most rational solution

• @WascallyWabbit how about the players who already have A LARGE AMOUNT of Kites ? 

Oi u guys are serious what's the meaning removing the kite damn it I have to wait 3 wwcs to gather all thoes damn coins now I have one after spinng the wheel using all NY tokens and 1700+boxes how can u say u r gonna remove thoes  Deco's if u are give me back double coins like u do in the game 
    Let's see if I'm understanding this correctly. Originally, the only way to earn a kite was to come in first in a hard worker event, right? Maybe first on the WOF? So for two years, I knew I would never be able to get a kite. It wasn't going to be possible for a lowly level 170 player like me.

Then you introduced this championship trader and told your players, "If you work hard day after day and really give it your best, you too can earn these impossible prizes." So we bought into it, and we worked as hard as we could. We finally had a shot at higher coopcha points!

But we did not realize it would go away, and so we spent coins on a harvest box or two, maybe a new skin or a cowshed. We had time to earn more coins and still go for that elusive kite.

But GGS came into the office today and said, "Hey, team, let's brainstorm ways to further disenfranchise our players!" And so they yanked the harvest boxes. And they yanked the kites. They did not simply cap purchases at 1 or 2 or 5 of each. No, they just pulled them.

So why should loyal players stick with GGS? Time and time again, you have come after the players who did nothing wrong, nothing to skew the game, and you've screwed us over. The players with two dozen kites still have two dozen kites. The players with no kites have no kites. So all I can conclude is that GGS loves to give advantages to some players and deny opportunities to other players.

@FarmerFrederica (US1) The original versions of those decos do not have the bonuses on them, it is only the ones available from the Championship Trader that are enhanced.

@Tigrain (BG1) @Xcution (INT1)  As the announcement says, they were introduced badly & they have apologised for that, but as we saw with the DSF, throwing a new system in right away without proper planning just makes a bad situation worse, so they have been removed as damage control if you like & they will need to think where to go from here, so feel free to make suggestions about how to make it a more fair system & we will pass them on, so that they can be considered along with whatever new plan the team comes up with.
  • ttt34 (INT1)ttt34 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 240

That 20 kites account is mine.

SS my 25 candy cows too :p

i DID NOT FIND YOU ON SERVER. YOU DONT EXIST. :):):)
  • PCA (GB1)PCA (GB1) GB1 Posts: 839
    edited 26.02.2018

Here we go again,  GGS needs us to let them know how we would like to spend gold, during WWC this time  !!

Let's all go ahead guys, let's tell GGS what would make us spend

A decoration ?  Yet another decoration ?  One month clicking to get a few coins to give them all to the trader in change of a DECORATION ? You gotta be kidding....

People are still saving coins to buy their first kite 

• momrulz (US1)momrulz (US1) Posts: 162
    edited 26.02.2018
    I have "liked" every message above that came to the same conclusion....simply place limits on such items.  Those who want them sooner to gain their "advantage" can certainly spend their gold.  In fact, even a 2-tiered cap would work.... anyone can buy up to say, 5, and if they choose, they can buy 2 more with gold.  or something like that.  
    This would partly satisfy those who (rightfully) feel left out, give your big gold spenders something to do, without dire consequences (of YOUR OWN MAKING) to the game balance.

Those slow to gather WWC coins, as well as newer players deserve the opportunity to participate.  Nothing else is "fair".
    Post edited by momrulz (US1) on
  • What with this and the debacle that was CHWE (which support can not be bothered to contact me about).  I'm seriously thinking about having a total break from Big farm, one thing is for sure I will not be spending another penny on gold, until a number of things change.
    1. Stop treating players like fools
    2. Stop using players to test for bugs on live servers, if you can't find the bugs you have introduced, pull the events till you have!
    3. Hold you hands up and apologise, when you mess up (you should get plenty of practise at this going on current form).  Don't just make rash decisions and make everything even worse!
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    Before we go nuts, the kites only help "so" much and people do leave the game and switch coops, so I am not sure there is much need for alarm.  This seems like a "smart" change.  

As to the WW, what are these new rewards that are being inserted?  Which ones are being removed?

Again, this is a very, very small update.  These updates for horse season are always required.  We will now have gone about 3 months without a significant update.  If GGS is trying to convince me that they intend to simply "run in place" and let the game die over time, they are doing an excellent job!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    We have room for two excellent players in our coop!!

WHAT EVER YOUR NAME IS THANK YOU FOR BUYNG KITES WITH REAL MONEY. BECOUSE OF SUCH PLAYERS ALSO THOSE WITHOUT MONEY CAN PLAY. ;)
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    edited 26.02.2018

-----No, I don't think that that is the intent.  But given the small size of the kite and the ability to place them on multiple farms, a person could eventually have an enormous number of them, so removing them going forward makes sense.

We have to have some sense of nuance and context.  If someone has 60 kites, that is quite different from a handbook or a spacious barn.

But, we should not take anyone's kites away.  They were earned or paid for, and that should be respected.
  • Olsen Banden (SKN1)Olsen Banden (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 16
    edited 26.02.2018
    Amazing your suggestions GGS 
    like  bye 1 herring only 28.000 dollars very chip and very good offer- )
    Yes your doing so good GGS.

WHAT EVER YOUR NAME IS THANK YOU FOR BUYNG KITES WITH REAL MONEY. BECOUSE OF SUCH PLAYERS ALSO THOSE WITHOUT MONEY CAN PLAY. ;)

LOL . I did not soo that this was IN1 and ont INT1.
  • Just Kar (US1)Just Kar (US1) US1 Posts: 340

-----No, I don't think that that is the intent.  But given the small size of the kite and the ability to place them on multiple farms, a person could eventually have an enormous number of them, so removing them going forward makes sense.

We have to have some sense of nuance and context.  If someone has 60 kites, that is quite different from a handbook or a spacious barn.

But, we should not take anyone's kites away.  They were earned or paid for, and that should be respected.
    So the logical resolution to this problem would be to impose a limit of how many kites one can have!

They should not take away the chance for a player that chose not to use gold and has been saving to obtain a kite. 
  • dchen1 (US1)dchen1 (US1) US1 Posts: 993
    I agree with limit 1 kite per account. 
    For players with multiple kites, gumball machines, and harvest festival boxes, remove them from the farms and drop box and return the coins(buy price*number of decos) , then provide the opportunity(championship trader) to buy the decoration for a fair bonus.  
    A player could have 1 kite, 1 gumball machine(with bonus), and 1 harvest festival boxes.  The system will check the 3 farms, local inventories, and the drop box if there is one.  If the decoration was demolished or disappeared from a glitch(unlikely), it will be possible to buy it again.  

Dont remove the handbooks, water towers, and workshops.  Change them so they require building materials instead of gold.
  • connie_86 (US1)connie_86 (US1) US1 Posts: 137
    I've been saving all my WWC coins for a kite and now I won't have the option to get one? Seriously what about the players who don't buy gold and had to wait until they had 13k in wwc coins to buy a kite? 
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    edited 26.02.2018
    I've been saving all my WWC coins for a kite and now I won't have the option to get one? Seriously what about the players who don't buy gold and had to wait until they had 13k in wwc coins to buy a kite? 
    Those who didn't use gold to buy a kite probably didn't even factor in during the decision making.
  • loron (GB1)loron (GB1) GB1 Posts: 58
    Have thought about  this whole mess perhaps we are complaining to the wrong people here?  after all didn't they sell the game to another company? while still being able to program and make some decisions on the game? Perhaps we should be writing  to the company who brought the game and tell them what as happened I wonder how that would turn out for GG ? .. After all no company wants the players of a game they have just  brought knocking their door down and blocking their servers with complaints.. To avoid this the answer is simple put back the kite so it can be brought for silver coin  and stop selling it for gold  also stop selling the silver coins for gold YOU ARE AT FAULT......NOT THE PLAYERS ...JUST YOU!.Oh and by the way? get those two guys who did the video to come on to the game and notify everyone what their names are so we can prank their farms and throw dung at them all day and night! that will release some tension!
  • qewt (US1)qewt (US1) US1 Posts: 161
    the forums are hilarious today I am glad i decided to check them!

is WWC seriously every other month now?

I wanted better payouts from WWC, not more payouts from WWC.

getting 500 coins every week for half the year is not the same as getting 1000 coins every week for a quarter of the year. I would prefer the latter, I am not motivated by the former.

and realistically payout should be closer to 5k coins per week or so. Whatever Japan is getting.
  • Xcution (INT1)Xcution (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,183

Oi u guys are serious what's the meaning removing the kite damn it I have to wait 3 wwcs to gather all thoes damn coins now I have one after spinng the wheel using all NY tokens and 1700+boxes how can u say u r gonna remove thoes  Deco's if u are give me back double coins like u do in the game 

@FarmerFrederica (US1) The original versions of those decos do not have the bonuses on them, it is only the ones available from the Championship Trader that are enhanced.

@Tigrain (BG1) @Xcution (INT1)  As the announcement says, they were introduced badly & they have apologised for that, but as we saw with the DSF, throwing a new system in right away without proper planning just makes a bad situation worse, so they have been removed as damage control if you like & they will need to think where to go from here, so feel free to make suggestions about how to make it a more fair system & we will pass them on, so that they can be considered along with whatever new plan the team comes up with.
    A plan doesn't need I think what ggs think they done 
    As u said those Deco's didnt have that power but it was give by the championship trader right if so why u guys introduced
    Mostly players play the wwc just to make sure somehow they had to gather all of thoes coins to buy one kite ( I am asking for a.non gold player like me it took me 3 wwc as I mentioned)
    And if u guys are going to replace thoes kites to normal u can have it back but I bought the kite use 13,125/ coins or so I need double coins instead otherwise it wouldn't be a fairness game for the dev and a player 

A plan doesn't need I think what ggs think they done 
    As u said those Deco's didnt have that power but it was give by the championship trader right if so why u guys introduced
    Mostly players play the wwc just to make sure somehow they had to gather all of thoes coins to buy one kite ( I am asking for a.non gold player like me it took me 3 wwc as I mentioned)
    And if u guys are going to replace thoes kites to normal u can have it back but I bought the kite use 13,125/ coins or so I need double coins instead otherwise it wouldn't be a fairness game for the dev and a player 

It took me 3 WWCs and 50 spins on the WWC wheel to get enough tokens for the harvest festival boxes.  The 500 barn storage helps a lot with production of larger batches and events that require donating items.  
    Half of the coins were earned from the first WWC.  
Sign In to comment.