Home EN General Discussions & Questions Most Discussed Topics

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Hard Worker Event - "No Pain, No Gain" [Regular Version]

Comments

• qewt (US1)qewt (US1) US1 Posts: 161
    edited 20.02.2018
    Post edited by qewt (US1) on
  • archerbob (AU1)archerbob (AU1) AU1 Posts: 531
    edited 22.02.2018
    Once you get beyond a certain level you get lumped into a group of players with hundreds of levels/years of playing that you have no hope of competing with... unfortunately thats where I am with the game at the moment.

It's not fun...!

Some more level groups need to be created cause currently alot of the events are an absolute fail.

Other than this the only real gripe I have is the timer doesn't run long enough to get any real points and if the timer does run you get stuff all points like 1 point per second.  This time round I'm not even going to get halfway to the 1.2 million needed to get the GML's.
    Post edited by archerbob (AU1) on
    edited 24.02.2018
    Only 2 people earned all 3 GMLs, that is a problem!

7 people were able to earn the top prize. The second pic shows how fast points drop thereafter. The 2x GML should be 600k points or less.

edit: attached third pic that shows lowest ranking person with 600k points or more.

This means that 5 people got 2 GMLs, 43 people got 1 GML, and only 2 people earned all 3 GMLs

(edited to spoiler pics, so page loads faster for those with slow connections)
    edited 21.02.2018
    I got 795k in points at rank 70, no GML's for me... I guess I'm pretty much done with this event too.

I'll just plod along with the game but I'm not going out of my way to achieve things as its no longer worth the frustration!

In the 65 - 999 ranked group I think everyone in the top 20 got the GML's, all of them triple digit players
  • I got 795k in points at rank 70, no GML's for me... I guess I'm pretty much done with this event too.

I'll just plod along with the game but I'm not going out of my way to achieve things as its no longer worth the frustration!

In the 65 - 999 ranked group I think everyone in the top 20 got the GML's, all of them triple digit players

I'm done with it too !!  ......so much for the fun anymore
    work for nothing
  • SuzyQ22 (US1)SuzyQ22 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,475
    I got 795k in points at rank 70, no GML's for me... I guess I'm pretty much done with this event too.

I'm done with it too !!  ......so much for the fun anymore
    work for nothing
    I only made into the rank 1100's of some such sort.  I don't remember exactly, and only got something like 430,000 points.  I won't work hard at it either.  No more special seeds, or fertilizers for this one again.
  • jyoti26 (IN1)jyoti26 (IN1) IN1 Posts: 38
    The last 4 stages are too hard to achieve, How is the time calculated.When I put corn it just gives me few minutes, but barely,dandelion gives me 1 point and long hours.

Wicked planning.

Re think if you want keep up the popularity of

"No Pain, No Gain"

My best points came from apples at 7 pts per second for 9 hours, I had to use up 300 - 400 hundred seaweed fertilizer I had saved up and over 14k apples into organic market missions, got most of my points.

I think cabbages and milk ran for 4 hours apiece for around 5 points/sec and all other crops ran for minutes and never more than an hour.
  • ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
    The HWE needs to be reworked, at least for levels 21-30 and 31-64... I made rank 13 my first HWE, in the lowest level bracket, and I still couldn't earn the gold mining license. I made near rank 50 each HWE since and never get close. (I'm not talking about the ranking GML, I mean the Hard Work GML)

I decided to try really hard these past couple HWE and gave up on the CC for a bit. I have spent a lot of resources, planting special seeds with premium and super humus on every field every time I get a new box, even using seaweed humus, and I am going no where fast.

Is there ANY strategy to actually earn the GMLs in these level brackets? the fact that I have seen anywhere from zero (0) people earn them to up to two (2) people earning them, at most, leads me to believe there is no viable strategy for earning the licenses in these level brackets.

If anyone actually has a working strategy, I could use it, but I'd be wary sharing it for they may rebalance it for the worse.
    Here are some tips:

So you need to get 1,200,000 million points to earn the gold mining licenses, so you need to average about 3.5 points per second overall. But you will not run at the same rate all the time, generally you will run at a lower rate overnight and a higher rate during the day.

In most cases the most ideal situation is to have special seeds ready for field or garden or meadow items to be able to run at a higher amount of points per second. If this is not possible, it can be worthwhile sometimes using a special seed or two with seaweed humus to stay at a higher amount of points per second.

For wheat and lamb's lettuce, I would recommend that you have one special seed crop with the edge plant penalty to get through the item very quickly so you can go to items that you can run at higher points per second amounts. It is also very important to plan ahead for items so you don't get caught out with an empty silo.

Apples and barley are the two ideal items to have running overnight, however some other items such as cabbage, jasmine and milk can also work well if the other two mentioned above are not possible.

If you can get some experience in the event and have a good idea of how it works and you are reasonably active, then you can get the gold mining licenses with a small amount of resources and a reasonably well-developed farm. Generally it is very difficult for players below level 100 to get the gold mining licenses but it is still possible. I had some relatively bad combinations in the hard worker event that just finished and I made a mistake that left the silo empty for a bit, but I still got the gold mining licenses with a small amount of seaweed items and a reasonable amount of special seeds.
    edited 24.02.2018
    Here are some tips:

So you need to get 1,200,000 million points to earn the gold mining licenses, so you need to average about 3.5 points per second overall. But you will not run at the same rate all the time, generally you will run at a lower rate overnight and a higher rate during the day.

In most cases the most ideal situation is to have special seeds ready for field or garden or meadow items to be able to run at a higher amount of points per second. If this is not possible, it can be worthwhile sometimes using a special seed or two with seaweed humus to stay at a higher amount of points per second.

For wheat and lamb's lettuce, I would recommend that you have one special seed crop with the edge plant penalty to get through the item very quickly so you can go to items that you can run at higher points per second amounts. It is also very important to plan ahead for items so you don't get caught out with an empty silo.

Apples and barley are the two ideal items to have running overnight, however some other items such as cabbage, jasmine and milk can also work well if the other two mentioned above are not possible.

If you can get some experience in the event and have a good idea of how it works and you are reasonably active, then you can get the gold mining licenses with a small amount of resources and a reasonably well-developed farm. Generally it is very difficult for players below level 100 to get the gold mining licenses but it is still possible. I had some relatively bad combinations in the hard worker event that just finished and I made a mistake that left the silo empty for a bit, but I still got the gold mining licenses with a small amount of seaweed items and a reasonable amount of special seeds.
    Thank you ninjahuman! I have done all of the things you recommend, however, and I ended up with a little over 600k points at the end. Additionally, in the CHWE I need 4,600,000 million points. Although it is slight easier to earn points in CHWE, I will probably end up with 1.2mil points using all of the methods you mention, which would get me the GMLs in HWE but not CHWE.

I fill all of my fields full of special seeds everytime i get a new box and I plant more SS staggered to get as much time as I can although this results in less than another full planting of SS it does get me time in 5 points per second, 6 points, 7 points, and sometimes 8 points. with a 25% booster I then get up to 10 points per second. It just doesn't seem possible for those at my level to earn the points necessary to get the GMLs regardless of the resources you put into it. For instance, apples would be a detriment to some, but they get me a lot of points because I am willing to spend seaweed, but its still not enough to earn the GMLs. (I am not stingy with the seeds or humus, I am putting it in as fast as it will let me, plus use of seaweed as needed.)

Also, I don't get jasmine at my level  bracket (31-64), but everything else was 'on point'. Thanks again.

edit: pic of day 1, I've spent over a dozen cabbage seeds, probably a dozen rutabaga, less than a dozen corn, I just finished eggs with apples coming up, i've spent as much seaweed as I have won from the event (every seaweed prize ended up being spent, looking forward to spending all the seaweed fert on apples soon, plus some I've had save from before). Look at me up at rank 6, still at this rate, 4,600k points will never happen.

I dont think it would matter even if I spent the 4000 gold I would earn from the licenses, I still wouldnt earn the points. (I've spent ~20 so far I think on the hwe) I dont know what strategy the 7 people who got over 1.2mil points used in the HWE, but I bet they spent more than 4k gold on it. Which to me means its not 'difficult' for players my level to earn the GMLs, it is 'not-profitable' on top of being a chore. If anything the GMLs are there to recover some of the loss of playing the HWE. Doing the HWE you will lose more seaweed than you earn, lose more gold than you earn, etc.

I'm trying every event, working out strategies, and finding that none of them are worth the effort, you lose if you play them and you actually get more if you sit them out and do not play them; I've found my seaweed go up quickly while sitting out events, so why would I play to earn the top prize of a couple pieces of seaweed? (if you cant get the GMLs, the top prize is seaweed)

(edited to spoiler pic, so page loads faster for those with slow connections)

Thank you ninjahuman! I have done all of the things you recommend, however, and I ended up with a little over 600k points at the end. Additionally, in the CHWE I need 4,600,000 million points. Although it is slight easier to earn points in CHWE, I will probably end up with 1.2mil points using all of the methods you mention, which would get me the GMLs in HWE but not CHWE.

I fill all of my fields full of special seeds everytime i get a new box and I plant more SS staggered to get as much time as I can although this results in less than another full planting of SS it does get me time in 5 points per second, 6 points, 7 points, and sometimes 8 points. with a 25% booster I then get up to 10 points per second. It just doesn't seem possible for those at my level to earn the points necessary to get the GMLs regardless of the resources you put into it. For instance, apples would be a detriment to some, but they get me a lot of points because I am willing to spend seaweed, but its still not enough to earn the GMLs. (I am not stingy with the seeds or humus, I am putting it in as fast as it will let me, plus use of seaweed as needed.)

Also, I don't get jasmine at my level  bracket (31-64), but everything else was 'on point'. Thanks again.

edit: pic of day 1, I've spent over a dozen cabbage seeds, probably a dozen rutabaga, less than a dozen corn, I just finished eggs with apples coming up, i've spent as much seaweed as I have won from the event (every seaweed prize ended up being spent, looking forward to spending all the seaweed fert on apples soon, plus some I've had save from before). Look at me up at rank 6, still at this rate, 4,600k points will never happen.

I dont think it would matter even if I spent the 4000 gold I would earn from the licenses, I still wouldnt earn the points. (I've spent ~20 so far I think on the hwe) I dont know what strategy the 7 people who got over 1.2mil points used in the HWE, but I bet they spent more than 4k gold on it. Which to me means its not 'difficult' for players my level to earn the GMLs, it is 'not-profitable' on top of being a chore. If anything the GMLs are there to recover some of the loss of playing the HWE. Doing the HWE you will lose more seaweed than you earn, lose more gold than you earn, etc.

I'm trying every event, working out strategies, and finding that none of them are worth the effort, you lose if you play them and you actually get more if you sit them out and do not play them; I've found my seaweed go up quickly while sitting out events, so why would I play to earn the top prize of a couple pieces of seaweed? (if you cant get the GMLs, the top prize is seaweed)
    You are welcoming, sorry I forgot that jasmine was not in your level group, which is probably a good thing since it is difficult to get it to run overnight without special seeds and those are difficult to get.

In the cooperative hard worker event, you need to be able to have a few items that you can realistically get to level 10 with a small amount of seaweed at the most and be ready with other items combined with edge plant penalties to get through them quickly. If you cannot do this, you will not have a realistic chance of being able to collect the gold mining licenses.

Unfortunately, most players will be working on their farms still at a lot of the lower levels, so it is not realistic for them to expect to be able to get the gold mining licenses without a large amount of seaweed or gold, which will be counterproductive for most users who will be trying to get the extra gold. As you mentioned, most of those players at that level would have spent a lot of gold to reach that amount of points. But once you can get a higher level farm, as I mentioned before, they will become a more realistic goal. But unfortunately, at your level group they will remain as an unrealistic goal to get.
    edited 24.02.2018

You are welcoming, sorry I forgot that jasmine was not in your level group, which is probably a good thing since it is difficult to get it to run overnight without special seeds and those are difficult to get.

In the cooperative hard worker event, you need to be able to have a few items that you can realistically get to level 10 with a small amount of seaweed at the most and be ready with other items combined with edge plant penalties to get through them quickly. If you cannot do this, you will not have a realistic chance of being able to collect the gold mining licenses.

Unfortunately, most players will be working on their farms still at a lot of the lower levels, so it is not realistic for them to expect to be able to get the gold mining licenses without a large amount of seaweed or gold, which will be counterproductive for most users who will be trying to get the extra gold. As you mentioned, most of those players at that level would have spent a lot of gold to reach that amount of points. But once you can get a higher level farm, as I mentioned before, they will become a more realistic goal. But unfortunately, at your level group they will remain as an unrealistic goal to get.
    Define a small amount of seaweed?  Cause I have spent in excess of 400 seaweed at times and got nowhere near level 10.
    Define a small amount of seaweed?  Cause I have spent in excess of 400 seaweed at times and got nowhere near level 10.
    I would say try to keep it under 100 seaweed feed or 15 seaweed humus where possible, I can do this for eggs and milk comfortably so those are my two main sources of bonus points. What item did you try to get to level 10 with 400 seaweed? The only three I can think of would be milk, eggs or apples. Looking at your farm, it looks like you can do eggs and milk under that amount so I am presuming it was apples. If it is, apples is not a good choice to take to level 10, it will cost a very large amount of seaweed fertilizer. Milk, eggs, wildflowers, corn and dandelions are good choices to take to level 10 and need a lower amount of seaweed than the other items.
    edited 25.02.2018
    Apples it was!

I think the only crop I've ever got to level 10 was lobsters during a fishing event that cut the time down from days to minutes, epic fail.  During these types of events that have the counter I have never got any other crop to 10, ever.

I just tried to get dandelions to 10, but failed as the timers ran for less than one hour...
    Post edited by archerbob (AU1) on
  • Surya54 (INT1)Surya54 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 507
    Apple aren't designed for gather bonus point. It used to stay your score keep generate overnight. I've been tested it on my level bracket (100-149) and took about 180 times using seaweed to reach productivity level 10 in CHWE (more if in HWE)
  • SuzyQ22 (US1)SuzyQ22 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,475
    Did anyone notice the new HWE has level 65-99, not 999?

I'm not playing it, I want to relax and have been doing the CNY. 
    edited 24.02.2018
    Thanks for the response ninjahuman, and that was pretty good detective work, deducing that archerbob had used the seaweed on his apples, lol. I'm going to play out this CHWE as much as I can, see what I get, and I probably wont do an HWE/CHWE again until I get my farm to where I could comfortably earn the GMLs, which honestly may never come. Thanks again for all the help.

I would recommend that no one put in any serious effort in the HWE in levels 21-30 or 31-64 (its a trap, don't fall for it) unless they really think they can make rank 6-50 for the GML. For everyone else, the 'prizes' will only help to recover a small fraction of the resources they will lose in playing it.

Edit: here I am on day 2, rank 9 with corn, cabbage, and then eggs coming up.

(I will spoiler pics so page loads faster for those with slow connection)

edit: you spend up to 15 seaweed humus on a single box? how much do you use in each HWE and how do you get that much? lol. I have almost 100 saved I am using as I think I need them in the HWE, but sparingly.. I'm more inclined to use them on cabbage, etc.
    Apples it was!

I think the only crop I've ever got to level 10 was lobsters during a fishing event that cut the time down from days to minutes, epic fail.  During these types of events that have the counter I have never got any other crop to 10, ever.
    Generally it is not a good choice to take lobsters, cod, salmon or swordfish to level 10 since it will be nearly impossible to keep it at that level.
    Did anyone notice the new HWE has level 65-99, not 999?

I'm not playing it, I want to relax and have been doing the CNY. 
    For the level 65-999 players, they are in different level groups depending on whether it is the cooperative version or the non-cooperative version. For the hard worker event, they are all grouped together in the 65-999 group, but in the cooperative hard worker event they are split into three different groups, 65-99, 100-149 and 150-999.
    Thanks for the response ninjahuman, and that was pretty good detective work, deducing that archerbob had used the seaweed on his apples, lol. I'm going to play out this CHWE as much as I can, see what I get, and I probably wont do an HWE/CHWE again until I get my farm to where I could comfortably earn the GMLs, which honestly may never come. Thanks again for all the help.

I would recommend that no one put in any serious effort in the HWE in levels 21-30 or 31-64 (its a trap, don't fall for it) unless they really think they can make rank 6-50 for the GML. For everyone else, the 'prizes' will only help to recover a small fraction of the resources they will lose in playing it.

Edit: here I am on day 2, rank 9 with corn, cabbage, and then eggs coming up.

(I will spoiler pics so page loads faster for those with slow connection)

edit: you spend up to 15 seaweed humus on a single box? how much do you use in each HWE and how do you get that much? lol. I have almost 100 saved I am using as I think I need them in the HWE, but sparingly.. I'm more inclined to use them on cabbage, etc.
    Generally no, normally I only get bonus points from eggs and milk which I can do with very little or no seaweed feed. But generally if I would like to get a bonus point from any field/garden/meadow item, it will cost more seaweed humus than that.

If you would really like to get the gold mining licenses in the future, for the level 65-99 group, which you will be in soon, you need 9,341 eggs and 6,053 milk to reach the bonus point at that level. So you need at least one high level cowshed and duck coop to help with seaweed if necessary and some extra chicken coops, cowsheds, goat stables and duck coops for reducing the amount of seaweed feed needed by a lot. Then you can have other field items with edge crop penalties ready to get through them as fast as possible and use items like apples, barley and cabbage overnight. Also the temporary farm can be a good source of seaweed if needed, although I do understand that you will be limited in what you can spend on it and you also need to get greenhouse seeds.

That is how I do it, though it would take a while to get to that kind of setup, but if you really wish to get there quickly it can be done.
    edited 26.02.2018

To clarify, you dont just put wheat and lambs lettuce on damaged fields, but also corn, rutabaga, alfalfa, wildflowers, so you don't get points from boxes like those, but you do get points from milk, eggs, cabbage, barley, jasmine?

or you do corn and such crops, but only where you know you can get to the bonus points?

Thanks for the help, I'll post pics of my farms for reference to others working in my level range on HWE.

plans: the extra field at the bottom of the MF is temporary, I just added it at the beginning of this HWE. (normally 2x lvl 1, 1x lvl 4, 1x lvl 5, 1x lvl 7). I will replace the level 1 field at the bottom and one of the pigstys with two more chicken coops and two or more cowsheds (as well as upgrading all stys/orchards). on GF I'm going to have to build more houses to get more duck coops. Currently watermill and windmill, fields and gardens, outproduce cows and ducks, so more cows and ducks are on the way, followed then by more orchards with the increase in dung (I still need to place the coop apples).

Long term, I would have a second row of fields in front of the second row of houses. I know I need to upgrade the houses and especially the farmhouse (to reduce build times), but I am trying to earn skins for them first.

edit: my cowsheds are all level 4, working on moving up to 5, duck coops as you can see are mostly level 2, 1x level 3.

edit: lol I realized I didn't have a booster going by looking at this pic, I got a 25% booster going now

(pics spoilered so page loads faster for those with slow connection)

edit: here I am at rank 11, end of day 3, almost 1million points, I will have over 1million points when this box of apples finishes. At this point I feel I have done enough work, I feel it would be sufficiently difficult for those in the 31-64 level range to earn this amount of points, that the GMLs should be set at about 1million points.

I have a friend in the higher level brackets who is near the same points I have, it is a shame that they for their efforts are not earning any GMLs because they are not yet even rank 50.

(I took a screencap at rank12 and went to post it but realized I was on the funnel screen not the ranking screen, by the time i got a cap of the ranking screen I dropped to rank 13) - I'm not putting more seeds or effort into this event, with the 24 hour timer finally available I know exactly how much time is left. It is my firm belief that the GML prize should be placed at the 980k point mark that currently holds 4x seaweed humus (the humus can be lowered in price or replace a lower prize, there are plenty of useless prizes to replace).
    edited 25.02.2018

To clarify, you dont just put wheat and lambs lettuce on damaged fields, but also corn, rutabaga, alfalfa, wildflowers, so you don't get points from boxes like those, but you do get points from milk, eggs, cabbage, barley, jasmine?

or you do corn and such crops, but only where you know you can get to the bonus points?

Thanks for the help, I'll post pics of my farms for reference to others working in my level range on HWE.

plans: the extra field at the bottom of the MF is temporary, I just added it at the beginning of this HWE. I will replace it and one of the pigstys with two more chicken coops and two or more cowsheds (as well as upgrading all stys/orchards). on GF I'm going to have to build more houses to get more duck coops. Currently watermill and windmill, fields and gardens, outproduce cows and ducks, so more cows and ducks are on the way, followed then by more orchards with the increase in dung (I still need to place the coop apples).

Long term, I would have a second row of fields in front of the second row of houses. I know I need to upgrade the houses and especially the farmhouse (to reduce build times), but I am trying to earn skins for them first.

(pics spoilered so page loads faster for those with slow connection)

Yes, I would generally put every item on damaged fields, including items like cabbage, barley and jasmine generally, but there will be exceptions, mainly for when I am offline. Items like cabbage, barley and apples are good for keeping the silo running while you are offline, since with the bonus points that is extremely crucial in this version of the hard worker event. Jasmine can also work very well but I do not generally use it because of the difficulty to obtain special jasmine seeds.

Also some items do not really need damaged fields, probably items such as wildflowers, alfalfa and corn that already have short run times.

But if you cannot be too active, it can be a good idea to get a few bonus points from a few of those items, but I would recommend only getting them from wildflowers, corn and dandelions. It would be a good idea to take a look here to get a better idea of how much seaweed it will cost you to get a bonus point from each item.

I only ever get bonus points from other items is when I go for a good ranking and I would only get them from wildflowers, corn and dandelions.

Your farms look good, I think once all the cowsheds and duck coops are upgraded to a good level you should be able to get the gold mining licenses with some hard work and good planning.
  • Dolphin (AU1)Dolphin (AU1) AU1 Posts: 117
    In the forum it states that the Hard Worker Event starts: 22nd - 25th March
    Is this not starting now or starting later today some time?
    Thanks
  • marywisc (US1)marywisc (US1) US1 Posts: 176
    I have been looking for it too. I wish GGS would give us times, not just the date, so we can stop guessing!!!
    It is disappointing that it hasn't started at the usual time, a lot of players have special corn ready and we are missing out on worldwide championship points because of this. Also the inaccurate starting date can affect the rankings of the hard worker event.
    It would be nice to hear from a moderator .......
  • Many players are waiting for this event to start, why is the moderator silent and useless again this morning.

Are they trying to get us to play another game and leave this rubbish behind?
  • pat (AU1) said:
    Many players are waiting for this event to start, why is the moderator silent and useless again this morning.

Are they trying to get us to play another game and leave this rubbish behind?
    Our Mods can report only what they know/are told by GGS. They play like you and me. They are a very helpful bunch, not useless........
  • Corvid (GB1)Corvid (GB1) GB1 Posts: 625
    mods dont make game decisions, the silence probably reflects the fact they dont know

it's possible ggs themslelves havent fixed a time due to the widespread lag (if UK1 is anything to go by) players are experiencing since the server switch, hoping to cure the problem before the event starts (a restart is the worst case scenario, we're all fed up with those)

if the above is the case, yes, ggs could have given us a head's up (they did announce the 'second' update was delayed until the 22nd but we can't presume whether that would knock on to the hwe)
  • Kimmiecat (NL1)Kimmiecat (NL1) NL1 Posts: 995
    It is disappointing that it hasn't started at the usual time, a lot of players have special corn ready and we are missing out on worldwide championship points because of this. Also the inaccurate starting date can affect the rankings of the hard worker event.
    I am hoping they lost it in the move. I have had quite enough of the constant HWE and CC
    And still no word from a moderator .... so frustrating
  • White _Doves (US1)White _Doves (US1) Posts: 1,200
    edited 22.03.2018
    Moderators need to get word from GGS, GGS are aware now and working on servers with lag as well as the update moved to today.
Sign In to comment.