Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Announcement - "Moving Forward!" - Discussion

Comments

• JustMe (US1)JustMe (US1) US1 Posts: 491
    Please consider making the chips/Icons that fly from fields, stables, etc when harvested SMALLER. It is really annoying when everything is covered when doing multiple events. About the size of the 'ready' tags would be much better (see below) but any reduction would be appreciated.
    Thank you, Jay

Jay, I don't know if this works with laptops, but if I use the scroll wheel on the mouse (to zoom in/out) it automatically clears the board.  
    doesn't work for me 
  • Xcution (INT1)Xcution (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,183
    Test server should be at the right level, volcano farm test will probably give everyone enough xp to have access to all features of the volcano farm.  If it was a test for a new side task system at the beginning of the game, it will only give little or no xp.  

• Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495

Jay, I don't know if this works with laptops, but if I use the scroll wheel on the mouse (to zoom in/out) it automatically clears the board.  
    doesn't work for me 

Top of your screen, that options icon with the gears, click it, a long menu pops out, click it again to fold it back up.  ALL the junk instantly goes away.

Unfortunately the blue stars if your using the lab still fly out every time you feed, plant, what ever.  But at least all that nonsense when you harvest can be cleared fast.
    The items popping up is slowing down missions so I like the idea of them being moved to the side of the screen.

Did you notice a really important item in their announcement - WE'RE FINALLY GETTING A GOLD LOCK! :smile:

GGS have new owners which may be the reason for the positive changes I'm guessing. No more unrealistic deadlines, rather it's done when it's done.
    YES I saw that.    See me holding my breath here?  How many YEARS has this been asked for?

But… hey, if they do it that would be awesome.  I actually just blew an unknown amount looking to see how much longer some upgrade in the temp farm had…. clicked the wrong spot.  POOF upgraded.  
    All gold I won so no financial loss to me.   Still…. a lock would be nice.  I MIGHT actually drop a few bucks here and there on this game when I have extra mad money.  We'll see.  
  • Rusty Farmer (AU1)Rusty Farmer (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,705
    As regards test server comments, I had just gotten it to a level I was happy with before they reset it and we had to start again. However, I only got it to that level I did because of the free gold and Lester. Whether they still have the original reiteration or not, I don't know. I suspect they reset it because the new code was incompatible with the old data or some such. As easy as it is to get emotionally attached to our farms, we have to remember that the test farm is not a "real" one. ;)
  • You know what'd be a great change? Not assuming that higher xp = MORE MONEY/TIME in a day. Really? Me and my mom both play this game, yet she needs more than double what I do for almost anything. It's actually a great incentive for NOT leveling up. The same faulty logic applies to their other big money maker, and it's mind boggling how higher xp's have to pay more for the same thing. That seriously should change. But as for the announcement, at least they're trying now. Hopefully this will stop the rolling out of garbage and broken events.Last 3 months in particular have been hell, and it's about time we got some events pulled until they are reworked. (food truck and wedding can go first)
  • Wow this is about the best announcement I've ever read on this game.  I sure hope they mean it.
    I wish your management didn't put such time/deadlines on development.  Better to do it well, good, right, than fast.  

The only point from hunter I would disagree with is the part about making the deep see more tied into the rest of the game.  Please don't.   It can be more tied in with the mermaid bay, MAYBE… huge maybe, offer a few items the bakery can produce.  But that's all.  IF people like the deep sea they will play it.  If they don't, let it be an option to just ignore it.  If it's required to supply fish to do something else, it just over complicates things.

Aside from that, way to go.   Maybe you really are listening… just takes time to do anything. 
    @Artmaker (GB1)  Don`t worry too much about that comment, it was just one of the suggestions on the DSF feedback post & the feedback was still being posted on that thread, when this announcement was written - The majority of feedback was not in favour of that idea at all.
    PCA (GB1) said:
    PCA (GB1) said:
    I (ooops...a captital letter), agree very much in what @holidayrox (US1) is saying, and is being very polite in the answer - I would had done the about the same thing.

Or maybe u should have read more carefully about the testserver before just jumping into it, and saying that it was unfair and all....

I did read it perfectly and exhaustively  and I still believe that it is not in their right to delete farms on test server, particularly for those accounts where real money was spent.

Having a set back is one thing, but having the account deleted is a completely different story. GGS denies they deleted the farms, they "put them on a side" they say. I will believe that when I see them reappear !!!!!

And this is my personal opinion, as it is my opinion that @holidayrox (US1)   message was written in a less than friendly and polite manner

wow 3rd message already......  now I will stop repeating myself
    @PCA (GB1) A lot of people feel like you do, probably because, despite the warnings, it is very hard not to get attached to a farm that you have developed & with the boosters & free funds, many people had fun playing on the test server. But at the end of the day its is a test server. It would be easier for the team to wipe it out every time they add a new game version there, then give us boosters & funds to rebuild quickly, but that would soon get to be a real chore for the testers, so while they do try to add new things there without having to start over, if things go wrong & that is not possible, it would not make sense for them to spend their time"fixing" the test server, like they would a live one. 

If I recall correctly, the incident that you are talking about, is when they wanted to test something urgently (I think it was the ending of the CHWE) but the test server had a completely different game version on it - It had one with the new coop chat system, so they just replaced it with the current live game version in order to do the test. You are correct that the version that was removed more than likely still exists, but as to whether or not it should be restored is another matter, because it is still a different version of the game & with subsequent game updates that have been done, it is so out of date now I can`t see it coming back. I also had a cool test farm & would love to see it back, but I would prefer the team spent their time fixing stuff on the live game & do whatever is needed to get the test server up & running quickly, even if that means losing my lovely farm...As long as they throw lots of goodies at me to build a new one of course hehe :)

• PCA (GB1)PCA (GB1) GB1 Posts: 839
    @PCA (GB1) A lot of people feel like you do, probably because, despite the warnings, it is very hard not to get attached to a farm that you have developed & with the boosters & free funds, many people had fun playing on the test server.......

I am not attached to the farm @WascallyWabbit, I claim the right to have it back because it is my property

It's not true those farms are there somewhere in a remote recess of the server, they have been deleted 

• artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    edited 19.02.2018
    Actually, guys, we don't "own" anything.  If we leave the game, or the game leaves us, we don't fill a cardboard box with the things we "bought" and go back home.  We "buy" items to use in a game, but when that game is over, the items stay there.  It's like that with any online game.  

When we spend gold, we aren't buying property that now belongs to us, we actually are just paying for entertainment.  

If I bought gold to use it for something like an upgrade, and that upgrade didn't happen, of course I would expect the company to make it right.  Everyone using the test servers was adequately warned. Test servers are like temp farms -- you can use all the gold you want, but at the end of the day, it's short lived and so is any money you put into it. 
    Post edited by artful (US1) on
  • PCA (GB1)PCA (GB1) GB1 Posts: 839
    Actually, guys, we don't "own" anything.  If we leave the game, or the game leaves us, we don't fill a cardboard box with the things we "bought" and go back home.  We "buy" items to use in a game, but when that game is over, the items stay there.  It's like that with any online game.  

When we spend gold, we aren't buying property that now belongs to us, we actually are just paying for entertainment.  

If I bought gold to use it for something, and that something wasn't delivered, of course I would expect the company to make it right.  Everyone using the test servers was adequately warned. Test servers are like temp farms -- you can use all the gold you want, but at the end of the day, it's short lived and so is any money you put into it. 

you have opened an account and that account is yours, your ID and your password, the game still exists so no reason that account should not exist

Think for comparison at your own email address, lets say a gmail address, and one day google closes it because it is not yours, its only a virtual place you can use to send and receive messages. 

How would you like that ? Wouldn't you come to the conclusion google has scammed you ?

• Sorry, but if an email business closes down, your mail is gone. It is a virtual mailbox,
    Just like anything on the Internet, nothing is permanent and can disappear at any time. Games, stores, mail, even IPs. None of it is "your property".

• artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    edited 19.02.2018
    @PCA (GB1), for the record, I didn't flag your post.  Don't know why anyone would -- you simply are posting your honest opinion.  Nothing "flagworthy" that I could see. :)

And, no, I wouldn't feel scammed if Google closed down and I couldn't access my e-mail if they warned me in advance that if I spent money, I might lose it, as the service was temporary and could disappear or change at any time without notice.  Upset? Yes. Inconvenienced? Yes. Scammed. No.

• dchen1 (US1)dchen1 (US1) US1 Posts: 993
    When will the test server open?
  • When the game changes to html5 will we still be able to play on mobile devices?  Currently we can using Puffin.  Will that capability go away?  
  • shazamd (US1)shazamd (US1) US1 Posts: 766
    Personally, I stopped playing on the test server as I have neither the time nor desire to build another farm from scratch.  I have always thought that the test server would be more effective if players were given a preset farm at a variety of levels.  Building from scratch just goes over old ground. 
  • SuzyQ22 (US1)SuzyQ22 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,475
    One of the things that really stink about this game and I have mentioned it before is the boosters, whether purchased or won start immediately instead of going into inventory to use when we want to.  Case in point, I just won a 2 hour boost on Orchards and guess what?  I already collected all orchards for the fireworks and chinese new year.  It would be nice to be able to utilize the booster when I want to, not when you decide it is used, such as, immediately following purchase, or won.

• mia111 (GB1)mia111 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 741
    One of the things that really stink about this game and I have mentioned it before is the boosters, whether purchased or won start immediately instead of going into inventory to use when we want to.  Case in point, I just won a 2 hour boost on Orchards and guess what?  I already collected all orchards for the fireworks and chinese new year.  It would be nice to be able to utilize the booster when I want to, not when you decide it is used, such as, immediately following purchase, or won.

That I understand why they do it, and I agree that boosters should start right away when you're online. If you want to take advantage of them open the mystery boxes when your farm is ready and before harvesting anything. That way you will be able to use it, were it to appear.

What I do not understand is why they start the booster while you are offline, like in the goldfish event. Before they started them at the moment you logged on after the event ended, that is when they should credit all the rewards. As it stands currently I have lost the booster I do not know how many times, because it runs out before I log back in, which makes that prize completely useless. I'm was hoping for them to have address the issue already, but it seems they haven't, so I will not play any longer that goldfish event until I have heard that the booster is working properly. Otherwise, as is, it is just a waste of time and money.

That I understand why they do it, and I agree that boosters should start right away when you're online. If you want to take advantage of them open the mystery boxes when your farm is ready and before harvesting anything. That way you will be able to use it, were it to appear.

What I do not understand is why they start the booster while you are offline, like in the goldfish event. Before they started them at the moment you logged on after the event ended, that is when they should credit all the rewards. As it stands currently I have lost the booster I do not know how many times, because it runs out before I log back in, which makes that prize completely useless. I'm was hoping for them to have address the issue already, but it seems they haven't, so I will not play any longer that goldfish event until I have heard that the booster is working properly. Otherwise, as is, it is just a waste of time and money.
    Why should I have to wait to open a box, that I fairly won?  Only to then have it wasted?

We all should be able to decide when we want to use a booster.  Period.  Why do we have to bow down to them because they can't seem to get the fact we all want to play this game, and use what we have won fair and square when we want to?  Online or not, boosters purchased or won fair and square should not begin until we decide they will begin.  Maybe I want to save it for some event coming later?  I just don't get your logic at all.  Just because you are online doesn't mean you want to be online the entire time the booster is running at that particular time.  As in what happened to me regarding mine I lost the use of the 2 hour orchard booster because I had just collected every single one of my orchards less than one hour before I opened that box.   Not only that but a while back I purchased a 4 hour booster with lucky coins once right before I was going to bed.  Little did I know that booster would start immediately and so my 9,000 lucky coins were a waste and I have never been able to recover them.  I still do not get your logic here at all.  I am not trying to be rude or anything but we are the ones playing this game, it's our farms, our gold, our extras we have won fair and square, we should be able to use them as we want to. 
  • mia111 (GB1)mia111 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 741
    edited 20.02.2018

Why should I have to wait to open a box, that I fairly won?  Only to then have it wasted?

We all should be able to decide when we want to use a booster.  Period.  Why do we have to bow down to them because they can't seem to get the fact we all want to play this game, and use what we have won fair and square when we want to?  Online or not, boosters purchased or won fair and square should not begin until we decide they will begin.  Maybe I want to save it for some event coming later?  I just don't get your logic at all.  Just because you are online doesn't mean you want to be online the entire time the booster is running at that particular time.  As in what happened to me regarding mine I lost the use of the 2 hour orchard booster because I had just collected every single one of my orchards less than one hour before I opened that box.   Not only that but a while back I purchased a 4 hour booster with lucky coins once right before I was going to bed.  Little did I know that booster would start immediately and so my 9,000 lucky coins were a waste and I have never been able to recover them.  I still do not get your logic here at all.  I am not trying to be rude or anything but we are the ones playing this game, it's our farms, our gold, our extras we have won fair and square, we should be able to use them as we want to. 
    I understand your frustration. I have been there and changed my mind. I was just trying to offer you a solution to the mystery boxes and to the boosters you buy, because that you can control those to a certain extent to get full advantage of it.

The reason why I'm against what you propose is because that would bring a lot of disadvantages to other players. While some boosters do no affect other players and it wouldn't really matter when they are started, some do, for example those that increase your production. People are already complaining for example about the cc being run right after the coop hwe, because all players of top 10 coops get half time production booster. This increases significantly the advantage of those players. Just imagine if players could save all their boosters to start whenever they wanted. There is already a certain unbalance (gap) between gold users and not gold users in the game. This would only increase that gap in most kind of events. And non to mention the gap between new users and seasoned ones, probably discouraging even further new users to keep going on the game.

That is my two cents.

Edit: Fixed typos.
    Post edited by mia111 (GB1) on

I understand your frustration. I have been there and changed my mind. I was just trying to offer you a solution to the mystery boxes and to the boosters you buy, because that you can control to a certain point to get full advantage of it.

The reason why I'm against what you propose is because that would bring a lot of disadvantages to other players. While some boosters do no affect other players and it wouldn't really matter when they are started, some do, for example those that increase your production. People are already complaining for example about the cc being run right after the coop hwe, because all players of top 10 coops get half time production booster. This increases significantly the advantage of those players. Just imagine if players could save all their boosters to start whenever they wanted. There is already a certain unbalance (gap) between gold users and not gold users in the game. This would only increase that gap in most kind of events. And not to mention the gap between new users and seasoned ones, probably discouraging even further new users to keep going on the game. That is my two cents.

I understand what you are saying there.  The booster I just lost out on means nothing to anyone else because it was for extra XP, no affect to anyone else's game.   It isn't right that you lose out on a booster because they decide it begins immediately.  I have lost so many boosters because of this issue it makes me angry.  Not to mention again the 9000 lucky coins I lost for the booster I bought not knowing it would begin immediately.  I was going to bed, I had everything set to long run already and was closing out.  I saw Omar with the booster offered and decided to buy it.  There was no warning that it would begin immediately, there should be a warning so you can rethink whether you want to buy or not.  Or, let us choose when to use it.    Why should any of us have to hold our farms and open boxes then?  When I come to my farm after it has all come to ready for collection I may not want to collect everything on it. I need specific things for certain events just as everyone else does.  Such as, Chinese New Year and HWE are both going at the same time.  I held my apples for the HWE, and my cherries came in as well so all was collected at the same time.  I used my orchards when I needed them.  We should not have to hold off on opening boxes, if that is the case we could have 100 boxes unopened because we don't know when we would want a booster.  
  • One of the things that really stink about this game and I have mentioned it before is the boosters, whether purchased or won start immediately instead of going into inventory to use when we want to.  Case in point, I just won a 2 hour boost on Orchards and guess what?  I already collected all orchards for the fireworks and chinese new year.  It would be nice to be able to utilize the booster when I want to, not when you decide it is used, such as, immediately following purchase, or won.

I understand your frustration. I have been there and changed my mind. I was just trying to offer you a solution to the mystery boxes and to the boosters you buy, because that you can control those to a certain extent to get full advantage of it.

The reason why I'm against what you propose is because that would bring a lot of disadvantages to other players. While some boosters do no affect other players and it wouldn't really matter when they are started, some do, for example those that increase your production. People are already complaining for example about the cc being run right after the coop hwe, because all players of top 10 coops get half time production booster. This increases significantly the advantage of those players. Just imagine if players could save all their boosters to start whenever they wanted. There is already a certain unbalance (gap) between gold users and not gold users in the game. This would only increase that gap in most kind of events. And non to mention the gap between new users and seasoned ones, probably discouraging even further new users to keep going on the game.

That is my two cents.

It would be nice if boosters that you win or get from where ever, go into inventory and must be used within say 24 hours that way you can not save them up for events and you have 24 hours time to activate them when it suits you.

That is how i think would be a option to go
  • dchen1 (US1)dchen1 (US1) US1 Posts: 993

That is my two cents.

It would be nice if boosters that you win or get from where ever, go into inventory and must be used within say 24 hours that way you can not save them up for events and you have 24 hours time to activate them when it suits you.

That is how i think would be a option to go
    Using it within 24 hours would not help much.  It would be much better if there is a section of the inventory that can store 6 boosters at a time before you have to use one to get the new one.  

• I think a 24-72 hour wait would work out, you could also have the 6 booster limit as well so as to avoid hording them after 24-48 hours. 
    Possible solution to boosters in treasure boxes.

Give them their own type of treasure box.  I know this is possible since there are at least 3 already.
    Just put all booster "prizes" in their own type of box so players know to only open those BEFORE harvesting everything.

Typically I log in and play first, then open any prizes or spin the wheel usually while waiting for shorter crops to harvest.   So I agree that finding a booster just AFTER you got all your cows for example is a waste.
    This could be a very easy fix to it.  
    GG PLEASE put on the table for improvements to come….

Temp farms… WHY can't they be saved, and the next time it rolls around again you pick up where you left off?  At least until you finish all the tasks… THEN it resets to the beginning.

They are SO BORING right now.   Viking is running, 7 days left and it's obvious there is no way I'm even going to get through chapter 1.   I never get to see the higher tasks let alone finish any.   I simply have a life.  I play this game two MAYBE three times a day.   No way that's enough to ever make it through one of the temp farms.  Most of the time I just ignore the thing.  Only play it when I'm out of special seeds.   And if not for the special seeds I wouldn't play them at all.  Blew off the Architect twice at least this time around.   

I know this can be done.  You managed to save the test server in the past.  Surely archiving our place in any given temp farm is not that difficult.  I'd like to get to the end of them at least once.  
  • LilFarm (US1)LilFarm (US1) US1 Posts: 31
    I would like to suggest either removing or reducing the rebuild time for decorations with VHP on them.  Almost every decoration in the game comes with this now, so it's very difficult to rearrange a farm layout with these decorations.

Not to mention I sometimes accidently remove a decortaion when trying to harvest fast for Chinese New Year (CNY), Cooperative Challenge (CC), or Hard Worker (HW).
    Right, and most of the time something is already being upgraded or built in the one slot you have which results in lost happiness until you can put it back in.  If you remember to do it in the first place.
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    In regards to boosters, particularly the time/production shorteners from events like goldfish rescue and Coop Hardworker........the countdown clock should start from the moment a player logs into the game and not while they are offline. I too lost most of my booster after goldfish so whats the point of working hard in an event when the end prize is pretty much useless due to this terrible setup?
  • In regards to boosters, particularly the time/production shorteners from events like goldfish rescue and Coop Hardworker........the countdown clock should start from the moment a player logs into the game and not while they are offline. I too lost most of my booster after goldfish so whats the point of working hard in an event when the end prize is pretty much useless due to this terrible setup?
    lots off player just login for a hour before they go to work/school so not rely use full if those boosters start when you logon after events. better we can have them somewhere stored and start when it suits us with a time.
    Ok, calmed down after the gold loss.   GG's gold since I won't pick up my CC until a gold lock is installed.

On the upside… I had also saved up a ton of chips for the wheel.  I managed to notice my gold vanishing JUST at the 2000 mark.  JUST enough for the blue mine cert.   
    I played and played….. no certs.   :'(

BUT… for the very first time since I signed up on this game years ago, I actually made it to gold level.

But… just checked this morning… I've slipped back into silver.  Don't really want to keep playing it.
    I have never actually finished in gold.  Why start something new huh? Almost out of tokens now.

(Already have enough special flower seeds to choke a herd of horses. I don't use the darn things.  And I could FILL my farm with gazebos…. GG really needs to put different prizes on this once in awhile.
    Special seeds for the green house would be nice.  But lavender?  Sun flowers?  Meh.  Yawn.)
Sign In to comment.