Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Nov 20th - Goldfish Rescue and Christmas Vibes - Discussion

11921»

Comments

• I figured it out, thank you!
  • archerbob (AU1)archerbob (AU1) AU1 Posts: 531
    Is there a table anywhere to explain how the number of goldfish correlates to points per second?

Example: I have caught 149 goldfish and get 97 points/sec for them.

How many gold fish are needed to be getting say 250 points/sec?
  • connie_86 (US1)connie_86 (US1) US1 Posts: 137
    Won the "shorter time" prize in the goldfish event and only get the last 20 minutes to use it because I wasn't logged in when the event ended. Why can't this reward timer start when you log on instead as soon as the event is over?? It would be nice to still be able to take full advantage of it even if I wasn't online. :( 

• noisy (US1)noisy (US1) US1 Posts: 210
    Goldfish rescue event over & still goldfish rescued don't show up in our cooperative village pond
  • archerbob (AU1)archerbob (AU1) AU1 Posts: 531
    Goldfish rescue event over & still goldfish rescued don't show up in our cooperative village pond
    They were catch and release, you catch and GGS releases them as part of their conservation effort to make sure we have plenty to catch next time and cause players endless frustration!
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    Having the same issue as Krislilwife........I completely missed out on the time shortening booster because I logged in a number of hours after the goldfish event ended. Whats the point of offering us a reward when we can't claim it just because we were offline at the time the event ended?
  • angie50 (GB1)angie50 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 223
    hi i came 6th only got just over 2hrs for the processing and building booster, only just come online lmao
  • andy123321 (INT1)andy123321 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 117

Hi Guys...  We have been putting lots of Pellets into the Village Pond, but I wonder what it is doing.

The Goldfish that we have in there don't get used again in the Goldfish Events, so why are we still feeding them..?

• You are feeding them to keep your happiness level up for your village.  You have to continually feed them.  The more you level up the less feed you will need.
  • andy123321 (INT1)andy123321 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 117
    Thanks Pickle Paws, but if we stop feeding them, the level 2 Pond will still be worth 32 VHPs..  ?
  • PBH (GB1) said:
    Thanks Pickle Paws, but if we stop feeding them, the level 2 Pond will still be worth 32 VHPs..  ?

The fish only effect the extra VH.  So you still keep the 32 VHPs even if the fish die.
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    edited 12.02.2018
    Here is a big suggestion that I hope you will consider.  This relates to the Goldfish fishing.

You gave us 100 bait (in two sets of 50) in the first 12 hours of the event, as compensation.  I think you should give 100 bait to all players at the start of the event every time.

Why?

You cannot earn many fleas for the first 24 hours.

Keep in mind that for the group (coop) to get fish for the Village pond, the event functions like a snowball downhill.  You get more points on day 7 than day 1 and so on.  Because the fleas cannot be accumulated in advance, the first several days are very weak for all coops.

The big coops often get 30-60 fish per running of the event.

Some smaller coops; however, really get dinged.  They get almost none.  They simply can't get the snowball going downhill, quickly enough.

If you give 100 bait to all players with the start of each event....yes, the big coop may get 50 instead of 40, but the small coops will have a real shot at collecting fish, which they often cannot do, under the current setup.

And, consider making the fleas drop better (perhaps add them to orchards).
  • Xcution (INT1)Xcution (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,183
    Where is the prize for me 
    Today  I didn't received any thing except the deco 
    Where is my booster @mods
  • aaabbb1 (INT1)aaabbb1 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,049
    The booster started when the event finished, so at midnight CET. If you were at sleep at that time (like most Europe), than you missed it. The gold-fish booster is not realy a reward for those who are sleeping during this time. This was already mentioned to be a problem, together with some solutions (e.g. the booster starts after first log in), but up untill now, there was no official statement from GGS if thay are going to do anything about it. 
  • Pameow (AU1)Pameow (AU1) AU1 Posts: 266
    Here is a big suggestion that I hope you will consider.  This relates to the Goldfish fishing.

You gave us 100 bait (in two sets of 50) in the first 12 hours of the event, as compensation.  I think you should give 100 bait to all players at the start of the event every time.

Why?

You cannot earn many fleas for the first 24 hours.

Keep in mind that for the group (coop) to get fish for the Village pond, the event functions like a snowball downhill.  You get more points on day 7 than day 1 and so on.  Because the fleas cannot be accumulated in advance, the first several days are very weak for all coops.

The big coops often get 30-60 fish per running of the event.

Some smaller coops; however, really get dinged.  They get almost none.  They simply can't get the snowball going downhill, quickly enough.

If you give 100 bait to all players with the start of each event....yes, the big coop may get 50 instead of 40, but the small coops will have a real shot at collecting fish, which they often cannot do, under the current setup.

And, consider making the fleas drop better (perhaps add them to orchards).

This is a very good suggestion. I was really annoyed that my saved up goldfish baits were not there at the start of this event.  "Use it or lose it" mentality does not make for an enjoyable game, not even in a mini-game and this game where most products are hoarded is the last place it should appear.

Endless clicking of short time stables each day has led to a miserable 30 odd goldfish rescued, and that includes the 3k beetle prize milled and used.. The amount of effort is not remotely worth it.

It would have been one more goldfish rescued but somehow the code managed to not save one, either in the form of a bait, nor a goldfish rescued. That is some amazing coding effort, so worth mentioning.

Then there is the actual catching of the fish.. Releasing them under the boat where they cannot be caught isn't too clever. Then, what are the odds to catch one? Ten to one? That is a lot of boring wasted casts.

This event needs major work.

Sign In to comment.