Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Announcement - "Moving Forward!" - Discussion

Hi Guys,

We normally only do official discussion threads for Updates, but as this is quite a long announcement, we thought you might like somewhere to chat about it. :)

Announcement

Comments

• Shay1968 (US1)Shay1968 (US1) Posts: 1,324
    I, as a player, really appreciate the fact that the team has decided to take their time and not rush new aspects of the game and events.  Rushing the events and releasing them broken did create a very negative view of Big Farm as well as a lot of frustration for many players, even causing long time players to leave the game.  I feel this is the MOST critical information given to us. 

We had been asking all along to slow things down and let them be tested fully.  I wish our pleas had been heard months ago.  Many of us lost some really nice, long-time friends. We continually stated we were not in a hurry for new content but the content continued to roll out and most often rolled out broken and with serious issues and consequences as well as extremely negative feelings for the game. 

It is apparent with all the negative statements, polls and protests in the forum as well as the decline in participation that this game has become too competitive and the challenges are far too often.  The challenges are also far too costly for players to try and maintain and build their farms and buy necessary boosters for all these challenges.   Selling boosters for these events, in my opinion, is wrong.  This gives larger farmers a huge advantage over smaller farmers, it also prevents the natural growth of the farms  as it diminishes cash too quickly.   The purpose of this game is to build a farm, we cannot do that if we are continually spending all our cash on event boosters.  Farm cash in the past was ALWAYS used for upgrades it was not used for boosters.  This offsets the entire game and creates a very unfair balance for smaller farms and new comers. Farm cash is NEEDED for upgrading our farms.  I think it would be much better if we could win tokens in events, receive them for daily login bonuses, or find them in mystery boxes that could be used for the boosters rather than using farm cash.
  • Tinzen (SKN1)Tinzen (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 473
    If it is going to happen as it is said in the annoucement, then I am happy. More than happy. Better give it time to make it right, so there is less broken things. And communication is very important here. More of that, a big yes.
  • maybe actually check out test farms complications! it as not funny bringing over bugs that were already known too players!
  • dchen1 (US1)dchen1 (US1) US1 Posts: 993
    edited 15.02.2018
    The organic market has many places that could be improved.  

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/173237/suggestions-to-make-the-organic-market-better#latest

Here is the link to many suggestions for the organic market.  It is very long so I made a link to it.  It will talk about suggestions on profitability, supply and demand, and fairness of contracts and walk up customers.  
    Post edited by dchen1 (US1) on
  • greygal (US1)greygal (US1) Posts: 25
    edited 16.02.2018
    I appreciate the tone and words of the announcement, and liked what was said, but I didn't read what I was hoping to hear.

Nothing there indicates they have any intention of reducing the frequency of the COOPCHA.

[unacceptable content removed | Pickle] 

Post edited by PicklePaws (FormerMod) on
  • garybaldy (GB1)garybaldy (GB1) GB1 Posts: 502
    Personally , I very much welcome this announcement. At least it shows that GGS is acknowledging some of the problems in the game , and with time we can expect some improvements . 
     In particular the gold lock will be very welcome, at present I buy minimal gold, having lost more than enough to miss-clicks and pop-ups .
    Also looking forward to the Deep Sea Fishing improvement , at present it is a shadow of its former self .
  • PCA (GB1)PCA (GB1) GB1 Posts: 839
    edited 16.02.2018

@CM_Hunter  said:   "..... You received broken content, or content with glaring flaws in the design, or events which were too difficult to play even at their easier levels. ...."

The sentence above summarizes the real strategy at GGS, any other word in this announcement is irrelevant

If they are going to take their time to implement more content is because they are pushing every single event on a continuous basis so they got the machine running on automatic drive

When more events will be developed they will be started on top of the ones that are already ongoing, and not in place of them, all they need is a bigger alley 

Players need only to choose where to click, there is plenty for everyone, we can already see 2 wheels of fortune at once to click mindlessly for a couple days, but they will make room for more 

Slot machines are kid's stuff in comparison

• jay53 (AU1)jay53 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 151
    Please consider making the chips/Icons that fly from fields, stables, etc when harvested SMALLER. It is really annoying when everything is covered when doing multiple events. About the size of the 'ready' tags would be much better (see below) but any reduction would be appreciated.
    Thank you, Jay
  • me gustaria cambiar el idioma como lo hago
  • Please consider making the chips/Icons that fly from fields, stables, etc when harvested SMALLER. It is really annoying when everything is covered when doing multiple events. About the size of the 'ready' tags would be much better (see below) but any reduction would be appreciated.
    Thank you, Jay

Jay, I don't know if this works with laptops, but if I use the scroll wheel on the mouse (to zoom in/out) it automatically clears the board.  
  • I use a usb mouse on  my  laptop, scroll wheel does cleanup well the pesky icons  :)
  • Here is something  smart  GG team SHOULD play the game  to better understand  what they  are doing. 
    why send out so many events at one time?  why such long time to update things , why the heck does it cost so much in gold to speed up ?  and to much amount on the goods for the events . the need to lower time and gold and farm dollars is needed play the game using your "real money" this is a game  not a job  unpaid job at that . lower prices would help  so many have left the game . rethink  this . 

Thank You 
                Silk 
  • Jacc (GB1)Jacc (GB1) GB1 Posts: 89
    Nice to see that test server will be used more. I hope the new farm has a different set of tasks from the other temp. farms as there seems to be no point in just replacing with another event that is basically the same 

RE: the test server 

GGS claims they did not wipe out our farms on test server, and that the farms have been put away and "temporarily" unaccessible

This is quite hard to believe, and certainly difficult for GGS to sustain they had the right to do so, given that many have built the farms in a hurry, to be able to test new features, and made use of their own gold bought with personal resources

GGS has no right to destroy a product which was purchased by a customer, unless it happens accidentally, in which case the customer is entitled to a refund, a whole bunch of empty words are not enough 

So if GGS still claims that those farms (which very likely no longer exist) are still there,  locked up by the man who doesn't own a glass, get them out and give them back to their rightful owners 

• holidayrox (US1)holidayrox (US1) US1 Posts: 328
    @PCA (GB1)

regarding the test server, We as users/farmers were WARNED that any gold bought there was NOT refundable. EVER . It is a TEST server. CAN and will be reset. Granted, very frustrating,  that it is. IT IS A TEST SERVER. If you have money to spare to use on it, go for it. Just, KNOW that it is a TEST SERVER. If you have ever played a beta game, this is sorta the equivalent. Never use REAL HARD CASH on a beta/test server expecting the same results as a finished product. Just sayin.
  • Lylu (INT1)Lylu (INT1) INT1 Posts: 448
    yep - it was virtually the very first thing said about the Test server -

"Before you buy gold on the test server, please be aware that it will not be a permanent purchase, and it can and probably will be deleted during game tests."

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/130015/update-aug-16th-test-server-is-go/p1?new=1

---You spend your money, you take your chances---
  • I hope they don't. I worked hard to develop my test farm.
  • NormaHelen (US1)NormaHelen (US1) US1 Posts: 262
    I think that when the test server is started back up they should start everyone with a well developed farm so everyone can get right to testing the new features. Otherwise we spend lots of time building things up & can't get to the testing part before its over.
  • Xcution (INT1)Xcution (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,183
    What's with this @WascallyWabbit please let me know
  • @Xcution (INT1) Check your email (including spam/junk) as there may be an explanation there, if not you will need to contact support as the message says.

If you have any further questions about it, please PM a mod rather than posting off-topic here. Thankyou. :)
    yep - it was virtually the very first thing said about the Test server -

"Before you buy gold on the test server, please be aware that it will not be a permanent purchase, and it can and probably will be deleted during game tests."

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/130015/update-aug-16th-test-server-is-go/p1?new=1

---You spend your money, you take your chances---
    You get 10000 gold at the beginning of the test server.  
  • Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    Wow this is about the best announcement I've ever read on this game.  I sure hope they mean it.
    I wish your management didn't put such time/deadlines on development.  Better to do it well, good, right, than fast.  

The only point from hunter I would disagree with is the part about making the deep see more tied into the rest of the game.  Please don't.   It can be more tied in with the mermaid bay, MAYBE… huge maybe, offer a few items the bakery can produce.  But that's all.  IF people like the deep sea they will play it.  If they don't, let it be an option to just ignore it.  If it's required to supply fish to do something else, it just over complicates things.

Aside from that, way to go.   Maybe you really are listening… just takes time to do anything. 
  • Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    Please consider making the chips/Icons that fly from fields, stables, etc when harvested SMALLER. It is really annoying when everything is covered when doing multiple events. About the size of the 'ready' tags would be much better (see below) but any reduction would be appreciated.
    Thank you, Jay
    A better idea, and since your redesigning stuff anyway,   Why cant ALL the stuff that flies out of production just rain down in a column on the side of the farm?   This way we can still see all of it (for those who want to, frankly I don't care.)  But it won't be in the way.

And yes, I know you can clear it.   For me it's a quick click on the options tab on top.  But if you use the feed and so on you made in the lab, those darn blue stars pop out every time you plant or feed… and I swear the blasted things AIM for my curser.   Really annoying.  Why can't those rain down along the side too?  NOT right over what we are trying to do?
    edited 16.02.2018
    Thank you, Jay
    A better idea, and since your redesigning stuff anyway,   Why cant ALL the stuff that flies out of production just rain down in a column on the side of the farm?   This way we can still see all of it (for those who want to, frankly I don't care.)  But it won't be in the way.

And yes, I know you can clear it.   For me it's a quick click on the options tab on top.  But if you use the feed and so on you made in the lab, those darn blue stars pop out every time you plant or feed… and I swear the blasted things AIM for my curser.   Really annoying.  Why can't those rain down along the side too?  NOT right over what we are trying to do?
    It would be even better if they worked like mobile harvest, items pop up all at once and does not block clicks.  You click what is behind the item drops.  
  • Rusty Farmer (AU1)Rusty Farmer (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,705
    edited 16.02.2018
    The items popping up is slowing down missions so I like the idea of them being moved to the side of the screen.

Did you notice a really important item in their announcement - WE'RE FINALLY GETTING A GOLD LOCK! :smile:

GGS have new owners which may be the reason for the positive changes I'm guessing. No more unrealistic deadlines, rather it's done when it's done.
    @holidayrox (US1)

I feel your message could be perceived as much nicer if you didn't use that tone. Every player has opinions and shares them if / when they care, I don't really see the point for you or others to try so hard to have your opinion prevail. Just post your thoughts politely as anyone else does

And please in future also make sure you quit the capital letters, the other players are neither blind nor need you to point at the key words to get your meaning

I stated my personal opinion in the message above, no need to reiterate. FYI I also read yours, keep it if you like, it's none of my business how you see the situation 

@PCA (GB1)

regarding the test server, We as users/farmers were WARNED that any gold bought there was NOT refundable. EVER . It is a TEST server. CAN and will be reset. Granted, very frustrating,  that it is. IT IS A TEST SERVER. If you have money to spare to use on it, go for it. Just, KNOW that it is a TEST SERVER. If you have ever played a beta game, this is sorta the equivalent. Never use REAL HARD CASH on a beta/test server expecting the same results as a finished product. Just sayin.

• Tinzen (SKN1)Tinzen (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 473
    PCA (GB1) said:
    @holidayrox (US1)

I feel your message could be perceived as much nicer if you didn't use that tone. Every player has opinions and shares them if / when they care, I don't really see the point for you or others to try so hard to have your opinion prevail. Just post your thoughts politely as anyone else does

And please in future also make sure you quit the capital letters, the other players are neither blind nor need you to point at the key words to get your meaning

I stated my personal opinion in the message above, no need to reiterate. FYI I also read yours, keep it if you like, it's none of my business how you see the situation 

@PCA (GB1)

I (ooops...a captital letter), agree very much in what @holidayrox (US1) is saying, and is being very polite in the answer - I would had done the about the same thing.

Or maybe u should have read more carefully about the testserver before just jumping into it, and saying that it was unfair and all....

edited 17.02.2018
    PCA (GB1) said:
    I (ooops...a captital letter), agree very much in what @holidayrox (US1) is saying, and is being very polite in the answer - I would had done the about the same thing.

Or maybe u should have read more carefully about the testserver before just jumping into it, and saying that it was unfair and all....

I did read it perfectly and exhaustively  and I still believe that it is not in their right to delete farms on test server, particularly for those accounts where real money was spent.

Having a set back is one thing, but having the account deleted is a completely different story. GGS denies they deleted the farms, they "put them on a side" they say. I will believe that when I see them reappear !!!!!

And this is my personal opinion, as it is my opinion that @holidayrox (US1)   message was written in a less than friendly and polite manner

wow 3rd message already......  now I will stop repeating myself

Test server should be at the right level, volcano farm test will probably give everyone enough xp to have access to all features of the volcano farm.  If it was a test for a new side task system at the beginning of the game, it will only give little or no xp.  
  • Shay1968 (US1)Shay1968 (US1) Posts: 1,324
    I am not going to agree or disagree with anyone here and simply post my own thoughts on the test server:

Before the test server was taken down many had well established farms that they spent quite a bit of time on.  There were also mid level farms that were in progress and there were newer farms still being made daily. This closely mimicked the live servers with a range of farms just on a smaller scale but was the best representation of the live servers.  

When they closed the test server and reopened it on a brand new slate this balance shifted. It was only low level farms.  First off, how can all levels of an event be tested with nothing but low level farms.  Second, when they first re-opened the test server they gave a small amount of gold and farm cash plus a small handful of resources.  They later changed the gold amount to 10,000 when creating a new farm but did not credit the older farms with any gold. 

When they reset the server and everyone had to create a new farm it created a sense of urgency for a player to build up their farm quick in order to be able to participate in the event that was presented.  The test farm is filled with constant popups for gold sales.  With the lack of necessary time to create an adequate farm, the small amount of resources given, the small amount of farm cash given, and the small amount of gold given it pushes gold sales up.  I said it before when they reset the test server and I will say it again;  I do believe this was a deliberate push for gold, just as all the other events on the live servers had been in the very recent past. GGS was in the midst of a merger, they needed their gold sales as high as possible for their company to look as profitable as possible for the merger to go through.

I have seen the long, detailed posts from many players including myself detailing issues on the test server. I can see the player's passion of wanting a bug-free live server.  There is absolutely NO reason they cannot provide for us the required farm cash, gold, and resources to build a farm quickly and adequately if a new test server is indeed needed to launch a new aspect or event into the game.  The players are willing to take the time to tests elements of the game yet all GGS can think of is making a profit, even off those that are trying to help make the game better and enjoyable.  

To be perfectly clear here: I have never bought gold on a test server account and never would.  GGS should be providing the players with what is necessary not trying to make a profit off the test servers.  Gold offers should NEVER even be an option, we should have all that we need every time. We should not have to work extra hard to be able to help make the game more enjoyable. 
Sign In to comment.