Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Jan 31st - Chinese New Year + Compensation and more! - Discussion

Comments

• gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    @WascallyWabbit
    @CuddlyFoxes
    @PicklePaws

GGS, are you out there?  Is anyone there???????
    @gavinfarms (US1) Yes, we are here. ;) In regards to your post here, feedback for the food truck & wedding planner events have been passed on to the team. Once we have information about any changes to those events, we will let you guys know. The game is still being worked on & not dying.
    With no significant updates in two months, you cannot blame people for thinking that the game is dying.  It definitely feels that way....more than it ever has before.  We are waiting more than six months now for updates to the DSF area.  These things takes days to do, not months.  The rebalancing on the Wedding and Food Truck events should have already taken place.  Things really are worse than ever.

I do not know what is going on over there, but it is very clear that you have less people working on this game.  We are not stupid.  It is plainly obvious that this game is of much lower priority to GGS than it was 6 months ago.
  • Michiru (GB1)Michiru (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,239
    VALENTINE SKYLINE
    There is a  second Valentine's day skyline available for your Flower Farm.  It will be available until  23:30 CEST.

Errr... Can anyone see Frida? 

• ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526

She was here the day before, she is gone now.

She was here the day before, she is gone now.
    But.. but... the announcement is from today, 8.2.2018!?
    https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/comment/3812417/#Comment_3812417
    Im 10hours ahead of European time though, so, i might have missed her somehow. What a shame!  :'(:'(
  • @Michiru (GB1) & others that missed Frida, we understand the timing was a bit short for some timezones, so we have requested that she pops back again.... No promises, but we have asked. :)
    @Michiru (GB1) & others that missed Frida, we understand the timing was a bit short for some timezones, so we have requested that she pops back again.... No promises, but we have asked. :)
    Thank you so much!!! 

• Xcution (INT1)Xcution (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,183
    Wher is the compensation for the goldfish
  • qewt (US1)qewt (US1) US1 Posts: 161
    edited 09.02.2018
    My HWE didnt work the time before last time. They gave me a compensation package that included 10 special seeds of the following: corn, cabbage, rutabaga, alfalfa, wildflowers, dandelions. And 10x premium humus, and some premium fert and feed. I received the same compensation package again at the start of the next hwe. Both packages combined could not come close to the points I had lost in losing a few days time in the HWE.

I sent a ticket and told them that I understood that balancing a compensation package across so many players must be difficult, but it isn't so difficult to see that every player lost the same thing, Time!, Time can only be recovered in this game with seaweed or gold. The compensated humus should have at least been seaweed. Even with that, it would have come nowhere near leveling the playing field between those who played the HWE from day 1 and those who lost days, which should have been the intention of the package in the first place.

My goldfish event didn't work. They gave me a compensation package that included 50 goldfish bait. When I was a low level I would try to clear the three fishing areas on the MF/GF/FF every half hour, it was too much fishing and, as a result, by the time I unlocked the deep sea area I burnt myself out on fishing and relied on that instead. So, I do not fish anymore, and 50 goldfish bait is totally wasted on me. The goldfish I lost by my event not working were from Oleg and the only way to recover THAT is with gold, so give me gold. This is a non-compensation package insofar as I am concerned. Just give me the 50 goldfish or an equivalent in points.

tl;dr: improve the compensation packs, they are exactly this: useless. I may as well have received nothing because that is what these packs do for me.

edit: this is the fourth useless package I have received, I would honestly prefer they did nothing instead. At least then I wouldn't feel like I lost twice.
  • JustMe (US1)JustMe (US1) US1 Posts: 491

100 goldfish downloaded today - log in and get yours

• I filled the funnel with 10 pcs a sec. instead of going up i am going down. this should not be happening but it does.
    Can someone explain me how this is possible?
  • elb (GB1)elb (GB1) GB1 Posts: 100
    because others have just logged on and their score jumped them up, score not added when you're not on
    edited 16.02.2018
    1million dollars for a single zodiac spin?!  :o

I dont remember how much it was in the previous years, but surely it wasn't this much? I definitely did a lot of spinning previously.. but id be broke in no time at this price..  :'(

Edit: Just figured out that the price for a random spin depends on your farm level... yeah i guess that makes sense.. shame that apparently im now in the upper category.. how i yearn for the lower level days atm  :D 
    Post edited by Michiru (GB1) on
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    Just a quick FYI, the "Daily Activity Challenge" for Day 1 is only 6 hours long on (US1). It will reset at Midnight Server Time tonight to Day 2 of 15. 

Going to make it VERY difficult to get the Pagoda Lantern (Reward 20) for today.

• Just a quick FYI, the "Daily Activity Challenge" for Day 1 is only 6 hours long on (US1). It will reset at Midnight Server Time tonight to Day 2 of 15. 
    Going to make it VERY difficult to get the Pagoda Lantern (Reward 20) for today. 

US1 will NEVER get the lantern

We have complained about this for 2 years, GGS fixed it for most other events, but not this one.

US1 DEMANDS 100% of the chips required to win all the day 1 prizes for CNY + all the day 1 prizes!
    Hey guys where is the timing for the fire work :p
    I filled the funnel with 10 pcs a sec. instead of going up i am going down. this should not be happening but it does.
    Can someone explain me how this is possible?
    @wilma woerthuis (NL1) dear when u log out u will get your score correctly don't worry
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    edited 16.02.2018
    Yep, we were shorted the first day. Looks like GB got shorted even worse.
    edited 16.02.2018
    anyone have info on these flags (pic attached), are they from Golden Week, Chinese New Year, Zodiac? I really like them and would like to earn one but I cannot find any information on them after several days searching, what event are they from and how are they earned?

Thank you for any info.

edit: thank you very much Southern!
    Post edited by qewt (US1) on
    anyone have info on these flags (pic attached), are they from Golden Week, Chinese New Year, Zodiac? I really like them and would like to earn one but I cannot find any information on them after several days searching, what event are they from and how are they earned?

Thank you for any info.
    They are earned during the daily "Hard Work Rewards", usually reward #20 for a particular day.

Today's reward #20 is a Deco, but tomorrow it'll probably be a flag (or not).. But that's where they'll be during the 15 day event.
  • The counter is not counting on the Chinese New year since it went to day 2 I have been in the same spot.  Have rebooted and it still won't change.
    The counter is not counting on the Chinese New year since it went to day 2 I have been in the same spot.  Have rebooted and it still won't change.
    @FarmerDeb1 (US1)

You have to collect Rat Chips today. Those are the only ones that "Count" towards today's activity challenge.
  • janflipflo (GB1)janflipflo (GB1) GB1 Posts: 388
    Yep, we were shorted the first day. Looks like GB got shorted even worse.
    They start these events on such silly times.  It was 11pm here so we had 1 hour doh 
  • FastSylvia (NL1)FastSylvia (NL1) NL1 Posts: 102
    What about the Fireworks booster during Chinese New Year Event?  one player in my coop got it just for 30 minutes, the other player for 7 minutes and the third didn't get it at all. Is it individual?
    I only receive zodiac cards from fields and stables, what about silo, humus and meadow? the graphic shows them but doens't count them at all.
    Hope to read an answer soon.

• Sam-chan (US1)Sam-chan (US1) US1 Posts: 783
    dame thing than Santa' s list
    we expect compensation for Chapt 4  early  ending making unable to complete chapt 5 ans day one of cny Being 1hour long
  • VAM (US1)VAM (US1) US1 Posts: 61
    So the most recent fireworks booster started and the timer said it was going to last for 46 minutes on my farm.  After about 20 minutes, I realized that the number of zodiac chips dropping on my farm were not being boosted at all - they were the normal amounts dropping.  So I reloaded my game when the firework timer still said 20 minutes left.  When the game rebooted, the fireworks timer was gone.  So the timer is broken, too?!?!  I had planted special seeds and things counting on having 45 minutes of fireworks.  Between this error and the one where people on different severs got short-changed for day 1 of the event, it looks like nothing was fixed from last year.  I guess all the talk in the recent announcement about moving forward with well-tested and good quality events was just empty words.  The day 1 issue has plagued almost every multi-day event launched on this game, so I don't understand why they didn't fix it before launching this event this year.  And please, fix timers in the game.  They all seem to have errors.  I'd rather not have a timer at all if it is just going to display incorrect information.
  • mia111 (GB1)mia111 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 741
    VAM (US1) said:
    So the most recent fireworks booster started and the timer said it was going to last for 46 minutes on my farm.  After about 20 minutes, I realized that the number of zodiac chips dropping on my farm were not being boosted at all - they were the normal amounts dropping.  So I reloaded my game when the firework timer still said 20 minutes left.  When the game rebooted, the fireworks timer was gone.  So the timer is broken, too?!?!  I had planted special seeds and things counting on having 45 minutes of fireworks.  Between this error and the one where people on different severs got short-changed for day 1 of the event, it looks like nothing was fixed from last year.  I guess all the talk in the recent announcement about moving forward with well-tested and good quality events was just empty words.  The day 1 issue has plagued almost every multi-day event launched on this game, so I don't understand why they didn't fix it before launching this event this year.  And please, fix timers in the game.  They all seem to have errors.  I'd rather not have a timer at all if it is just going to display incorrect information.
    It happened the same to me. Ironically I thought that the times on twitter were wrong (a typo?), but it seems that you can trust less the in game timers than the twitter feed...
  • garybaldy (GB1)garybaldy (GB1) GB1 Posts: 502
    if you mouse over the CNY plot in the car park, it gives the correct duration for the fireworks booster, clearly a display bug, if that's the worst we get, then i'm not complaining , I like this event .
  • Sam-chan (US1)Sam-chan (US1) US1 Posts: 783
    keep in mind the times are CET
    edited 17.02.2018
    Thank you Southern! I am curious as I see pictures of streamers (big pic attached), and had the opportunity to win one today, have these replaced the red flags (small pic attached)?

like I said in my previous comment, I really want to earn the red flags and I will be severely disappointed if they have been replaced by those ridiculous streamers! Please let me earn the red flags, not the streamers!

the red flags look awesome! the streamers look stupid!

edit: two of my coop mates have said that they were replaced with the new flags... (a third said it was probably because people would complain that they HAVEN'T changed before and wanted new ones! WHY???)

WHY!?!?!?!

edit: i wasnt participating in the event yesterday because 1. I only had 6hrs and 2. it was for a deco.
    I wasnt participating today because it was just a streamer flag.

I guess I wont be participating at all.. I am severely disappointed (just like I said I would be).
    Post edited by qewt (US1) on
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273

Can we get a scroll bar?  It would be very helpful to know who is contributing, besides just 3 players, and who is hardly contributing at all.
Sign In to comment.