Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Feb 13th - Optimisations and Small CNY Changes - Discussion

You can discuss the Latest Update here :)

Comments

• gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    This update is a small one because GGS is clearly letting the game die.  This is another week with almost no meaningful update.  This is cause for great alarm.
  • a small update doesn't alarm me very much.  maybe they are just taking more time to get updates right instead of rushing to add new things before they are working correctly.  
    I have been in the game since the beginning.  This is different than anything that we have seen before.  There are less people working on it and they spend less time in the forum gathering ideas and discussing things.  This is all very purposeful.

I am not naive....they need people to buy gold to stay open.  That is fair.  But it scares people away, when management falls down on the job this badly.

You can combine this problem with the new levels of player disrespect that you can see in the running of the CC every few days, and also in their refusal to announce start times, which confirms that they do not have any allegiance to the concept of fairness.  The HWs are not fair events when the start times are not known.  GGS knows this.  They just do it anyway.  They are not looking to produce a "fair" game anymore.  It is painfully obvious and very disturbing.
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    Anyone catch this?  Bold Italics were added by me.

"Chinese New Year

The Chinese New Year event will begin this week, and though the event will remain mostly the same there have been a couple of small changes. Activity rewards have been altered slightly to include items such as cat charms and a skin for the doghouse. It will also be possible to gain Village Happiness on this year’s decoration, along with an increase to the amount of pellets needed for the highest level bracket due to the change in rewards."

• IceeMimi (US1)IceeMimi (US1) US1 Posts: 137
    I appreciate this information, but am still trying to find out info on the volcano island. I am branching out to other sections and asking.

I watched the video they posted and it is stated they are to release in February. Cannot find any info concerning anything about the release and no one is talking.
  • Happy New Year
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    I appreciate this information, but am still trying to find out info on the volcano island. I am branching out to other sections and asking.

I watched the video they posted and it is stated they are to release in February. Cannot find any info concerning anything about the release and no one is talking.
    You need to watch the video again.  They said "at the moment the plan is to put it on beta by end of February."

"Beta" means an internal testing server. Not released to the masses (us).  It'll probably be in "beta" for awhile before it's even ready to hit the Test Server, let alone released to production.  I wouldn't expect to see it before summer, at a minimum.
    I will ask this again.  I have asked this before.  Why has GGS not changed the price for Oleg to catch Goldfish?  It is absurd.  I would like an answer from GGS on this.  I have members of my coop refusing to send out Oleg anymore because the cost is crippling.  It is over 2 million every 45 minutes.  This is a very real problem.  I have a level 397 farm.  If I send out Oleg at every opportunity, it not only absorbs all of my profit, but my balnce falls by over 100 million.  This is absolutely absurd and takes only minutes to fix.
  • jay53 (AU1)jay53 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 151
    @WascallyWabbit do we have an ETA for this update??

cheers, J
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    Urgh why bother with the cat charms as a reward? From what i've heard from players that have collected all charms the cat at level 1 gives a little bit of daily XP. Having passed level 200 am I the only one that cares little for XP rewards? It might be fun for low level players but it all gets a bit tedious from level 150 onwards.....the extremely low gold and cash reward for a level up is underwhelming to say the least!

Another thing thats a concern is the increase in chips needed for rewards. That usually means GGS has made it unattainable to people that have a life outside this game. Some may be happy playing this game 24 hours a day but I am not one of those people.

You need to watch the video again.  They said "at the moment the plan is to put it on beta by end of February."

"Beta" means an internal testing server. Not released to the masses (us).  It'll probably be in "beta" for awhile before it's even ready to hit the Test Server, let alone released to production.  I wouldn't expect to see it before summer, at a minimum.

Which video are you referring to?

A long time ago, a moderator promised by April of 2018, but I have never assumed that to be set in stone.
  • Few ideas here

How about introducing hotkeys for lets say replanting wildflowers etc rather than the endless clicking just press R or maybe W for wildflowers C for corn etc and shift + C for special corn.

Maybe an ARE YOU SURE ?  button for spending over 500 gold, i have wasted endless amounts of gold by clicking the wrong button often during CC`s or missions.

Give the option to delete that stupid, useless, waste of space cat tree before completing the stupid cat charms mission (NOT GOLD)

The option to turn off very annoying pop ups on farm, I.e dung, flees, eggs, flower blossoms and snow balls all at once ? thats just from my chickens !

7 hr Cow milk ? 2 hrs would be plenty.

Goldfish rescue prizes that are worth winning, currently costs 500k for oleg to catch 5 goldfish, you need at least 200 to be in top 10 thats $20 million. for a 12hr production booster that starts when event finishes (often runs out before i even before i log in)

Reduce the Gold cost of items and upgrading and people would buy more and have more fun !

Oh and goldfish do not live very well in salt water and its a bit cruel to keep 200+ goldfish in that very small bowl ( not sure the name goldfish rescue is the best, yes your rescuing them from the salt water but then placing them in a very cramped bowl, 

• Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268

Which video are you referring to?

A long time ago, a moderator promised by April of 2018, but I have never assumed that to be set in stone.
    @gavinfarms (US1) ;

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/165968/announcement-big-farm-tv-first-live-broadcasting

@Southern (US1) 
    I saw that one, I was hoping there was another one that I missed.
    When does CNY event start?
  • Tinzen (SKN1)Tinzen (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 473
    From mod news buttetlin

Valentine's - Feb 5th at 23:59 until Feb 15th at 23:29
    CNY - Feb 15th at 23:59 and ends March 2nd at 23:59
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    Few ideas here

How about introducing hotkeys for lets say replanting wildflowers etc rather than the endless clicking just press R or maybe W for wildflowers C for corn etc and shift + C for special corn.

Maybe an ARE YOU SURE ?  button for spending over 500 gold, i have wasted endless amounts of gold by clicking the wrong button often during CC`s or missions.

Give the option to delete that stupid, useless, waste of space cat tree before completing the stupid cat charms mission (NOT GOLD)

The option to turn off very annoying pop ups on farm, I.e dung, flees, eggs, flower blossoms and snow balls all at once ? thats just from my chickens !

7 hr Cow milk ? 2 hrs would be plenty.

Goldfish rescue prizes that are worth winning, currently costs 500k for oleg to catch 5 goldfish, you need at least 200 to be in top 10 thats $20 million. for a 12hr production booster that starts when event finishes (often runs out before i even before i log in)

Reduce the Gold cost of items and upgrading and people would buy more and have more fun !

Oh and goldfish do not live very well in salt water and its a bit cruel to keep 200+ goldfish in that very small bowl ( not sure the name goldfish rescue is the best, yes your rescuing them from the salt water but then placing them in a very cramped bowl, 

The "are you sure" button needs to be for ANY amounts of gold. Those tiny accidental expenditures add up quickly, especially if you factor in "game lag" and awkwardly-placed buy buttons on the ring menus, on mystery boxes, Greta's automatically-defaulted gold button, etc.
    GGS....An important heads up....

I have mentioned this before, but we getting close to a problem.  The Goldfish in the Pond are starting to require lots of Pellets.  Within the next 2-3 runnings of the Goldfish event, the Pond numbers will become unsustainable.  Please properly rebalance this before then.  We do not want to lose fish because of this.
  • garybaldy (GB1)garybaldy (GB1) GB1 Posts: 502
    That is part of the event .....upgrade pond , but this will happen .
  • stef7 (US1)stef7 (US1) US1 Posts: 460
    edited 13.02.2018

I would like them to FIX the problem they have before adding ANYTHING new.

I am still waiting for issue from DEC to be fixed. 

2 Months to resolve a deco or gold replacement is crazy and we are now going on month 3 and still not resolved. 

What else needs attention!!!

1.  Reduce the number needed for cat trees. Would like to get the cat sometime in this life time.

2.  The dollar amount to catch gold fish. If you are not a high level hi money making players it will bankrupt you to fish for gold fish.

3.  Scale back the frequency of coop champ.

4.  Fix so both the food truck and the wedding events work right.

5.  Reduce the numbers needed for both wedding and food truck so they can be completed. 

6.  Make it so all events can be played or skipped and other coop members are not penalized for it. It is so unfair to have to a coop that if 1 person dose not want to play an event the whole coop misses out or the one person need to leave the coop. NO ONE SHOULD BE FORCED TO PLAY ANY EVENT AND MORE AND MORE ARE GOING THAT WAY. (Christmas everyone plays or no one gets rewards so a player that dose not want to play either leave the coop or dose not log in for 4 weeks or the while coop misses out., leprechaun or Tanuki pranking no way to opt out so if you play your game you have to put up with the pranking, you are forced to play islands to do the Oktoberfest, forced to do village changes, a coop should have a way to decline a challenge)

7.  A way to sell or trash extra DSF supplies

8.  Longer amount of time for the islands. People want the time to complete them so put it back to 30 days.

9.  Amount of sand, racks, and clay should be higher than wood seeing it takes more of them to do anything.

10.  Almost all fishing contracts ask for clams but you can only get small amounts every few days, How about changing this either higher amounts in each pool and more pools or change the contracts so it dose not take weeks to fill one.

11.  I want some reassurance the game is going to stick around and not getting ready to be dropped.

The way it looks over the last year and the news report I do not have any confidence this game is not going under and fast. This is why I will not buy gold any more.

ALSO WANT TO SEE A GOLD LOCK.

LISTEN AND IMPLICATE SOME OF THE STUFF YOUR CUSTOMERS WANT AND HAVE BEEN ASKING FOR MORE THAN YEARS NOW.  So far the only thing I have seen is we ask and GGS dose the opposite.   

• IceeMimi (US1)IceeMimi (US1) US1 Posts: 137
    edited 14.02.2018

Thanks for the follow up. My co-op keeps asking. I did watch the video...twice... I never work the test server when it comes out. I read somewhere in her that it was not working properly. Tried it a couple of times in the past and felt it was a wasted effort. However, happy to hear that the release of the volcano island might be in the summer.

Still trying to find out information on the jetty level 1 up to 2 and back to level 1. Now my co-op is worried about trying the upgrade again. Working on making an attempt as I have talked with other leaders in the game concerning the jetty. 

• I would like them to FIX the problem they have before adding ANYTHING new.

I am still waiting for issue from DEC to be fixed. 

2 Months to resolve a deco or gold replacement is crazy and we are now going on month 3 and still not resolved. 

What else needs attention!!!

1.  Reduce the number needed for cat trees. Would like to get the cat sometime in this life time.

2.  The dollar amount to catch gold fish. If you are not a high level hi money making players it will bankrupt you to fish for gold fish.

3.  Scale back the frequency of coop champ.

4.  Fix so both the food truck and the wedding events work right.

5.  Reduce the numbers needed for both wedding and food truck so they can be completed. 

6.  Make it so all events can be played or skipped and other coop members are not penalized for it. It is so unfair to have to a coop that if 1 person dose not want to play an event the whole coop misses out or the one person need to leave the coop. NO ONE SHOULD BE FORCED TO PLAY ANY EVENT AND MORE AND MORE ARE GOING THAT WAY. (Christmas everyone plays or no one gets rewards so a player that dose not want to play either leave the coop or dose not log in for 4 weeks or the while coop misses out., leprechaun or Tanuki pranking no way to opt out so if you play your game you have to put up with the pranking, you are forced to play islands to do the Oktoberfest, forced to do village changes, a coop should have a way to decline a challenge)

7.  A way to sell or trash extra DSF supplies

8.  Longer amount of time for the islands. People want the time to complete them so put it back to 30 days.

9.  Amount of sand, racks, and clay should be higher than wood seeing it takes more of them to do anything.

10.  Almost all fishing contracts ask for clams but you can only get small amounts every few days, How about changing this either higher amounts in each pool and more pools or change the contracts so it dose not take weeks to fill one.

11.  I want some reassurance the game is going to stick around and not getting ready to be dropped.

The way it looks over the last year and the news report I do not have any confidence this game is not going under and fast. This is why I will not buy gold any more.

ALSO WANT TO SEE A GOLD LOCK.

LISTEN AND IMPLICATE SOME OF THE STUFF YOUR CUSTOMERS WANT AND HAVE BEEN ASKING FOR MORE THAN YEARS NOW.  So far the only thing I have seen is we ask and GGS dose the opposite.   

I Agree, I am level 119 and it is starting to become impossible for me to upgrade now as the cash amounts are way to high in relation to what i can earn, 124million to buy one piece of empty farm land, 

Let us earn more cash or reduce the cost and people may buy more gold. no point in me buying gold as i cant earn the cash to upgrade anything.

Maybe we should ask for less clams and GGS may give us more is they do the opposite.

The Wedding Planner event is here and has forcibly backed me up to level 3.  It does not remember what level I was on.
    The Wedding Planner event sent me back to level 3 with no choice of levels.  It did not remember my progress.

Also........ with the Goldfish event running, and the pearls only collecting from Oleg, this is all screwed up.  The Wedding Planner event needs to not coincide with the Goldfish event if this continues.  However, I continue to support my previously stated position that collecting pearls only from Oleg is insane.  This should be changed.  Then you would not have to worry about when the Goldfish event is running.
  • Connie999 (US1)Connie999 (US1) US1 Posts: 61
    edited 14.02.2018
    @WascallyWabbit
    @PicklePaws
    @CuddlyFoxes
    Can you confirm if the fireworks time will be posted on Big farm's Twitter feed this year's Chinese New Year event?   <3  o:)

Edited to add more moderator tags ;)
    edited 15.02.2018
    I think it is worth noticing that no one from GGS has responded on this tread (or many other threads).  The forum has many times fewer entries on it than ever before.  The fact that GGS does not participate in the forum any more is driving this.  People quit posting and discussing when no one ever answers.

I will remind people that my posts used to be overwhelmingly positive.  If there is a negative tone to my posts lately, it is because GGS has abandoned us.  The utter failure of the last several months is breathtaking.  Please know that the moment that GGS reinserts themselves into the game and starts making progress, I will note and commend that progress.  I am eagerly looking forward to an opportunity to do this!!
  • This update is a small one because GGS is clearly letting the game die.  This is another week with almost no meaningful update.  This is cause for great alarm.
    I think it is worth noticing that no one from GGS has responded on this tread (or many other threads).  The forum has many times fewer entries on it than ever before.  The fact that GGS does not participate in the forum any more is driving this.  People quit posting and discussing when no one ever answers.

I will remind people that my posts used to be overwhelmingly positive.  If there is a negative tone to my posts lately, it is because GGS has abandoned us.  The utter failure of the last several months is breathtaking.  Please know that the moment that GGS reinserts themselves into the game and starts making progress, I will note and commend that progress.  I am eagerly looking forward to an opportunity to do this!!
    @gavinfarms (US1) When they do updates & add new content you complain that it is broken & that GGS is deliberately trying to kill the game & that they should stop & fix the things  & when they do that, you complain that there are no new updates, so the game must be dying, they can`t do it both ways.  As for no GGS responses on this thread, I count 26 posts here & 10 are from you, mostly telling us what a terrible job we are doing.  :/

The Wedding Planner event is here and has forcibly backed me up to level 3.  It does not remember what level I was on.
    Did you complete level 3 & is the deco unlocked in your tower?

@WascallyWabbit
    @PicklePaws
    @CuddlyFoxes
    Can you confirm if the fireworks time will be posted on Big farm's Twitter feed this year's Chinese New Year event?   <3  o:)

Edited to add more moderator tags ;)
    @Connie999 (US1) We have asked (several times) but have not yet had a confirmed answer, they are definitely aware that we want the Tweets. :)
    @WascallyWabbit

I did level 3 one time and then I had moved on to level 4.  However, I have not placed the deco.  If this is a requirement, I have never known that.  That did not effect me on the original five weekly events.

I did not see any prior entries on this thread, other than the start out posting.  Please know that I cannot wait to be positive again.  If you believe that the last two months has been as productive as other times, then let me know.  However, it seems to me that it plainly has not been.  

I take a lot of cues from not only what you do, but what you don't do.  You have not fixed the unbalanced nature of the Wedding or Food Truck events.  This takes a small amount of time.  (When the Candy Farm was invented, they rebalanced it significantly in the first couple of days...this can be done).  The Goldfish event.....I have complained for three months about the over 2 million dollar price for 45 minutes of fish.  You constantly talk about "balance" in the game, but it is not me that is making the balance off.  As long as you charge 2 million for 45 minutes of Oleg, you will have  hard time convincing that you "get" the concept of balance.  This would take minutes to fix.

The Naught and Nice that sells the Ghost Rods....we asked for this to return.  I was told that it could only come at Halloween.  However, that version of N&N has been used at non-Halloween times, many times.  Why can it not return?

Last year, GGS went to having the CC every other Friday, exactly two weeks apart.  You will find that I was very positive on the forum about this development.  I actually used to get messages from other players, chastising me for being to nice to you all.

If this game is going to die, this is how I imagine it would look....less and less updates......less and less communication from GGS.

You said  "When they do updates & add new content you complain that it is broken & that GGS is deliberately trying to kill the game & that they should stop & fix the things  & when they do that, you complain that there are no new updates, so the game must be dying, they can`t do it both ways.".......................Do you understand how insane this sounds.....because I "might" not like the update, are there simply going to be no more updates?  Should I not complain when I find valid concerns?

You note that many of the comments are from me.  Normally after several days, any discussion thread would be 5-10 pages long or more.  The threads area often shorter than they used to be.  I find this to be a troubling trend.  I am not posting any more than usual.  Other people are not bothering to post any more.  GGS should see this as a problem.

To be clear, I want more updates, not less.  And I will let you know how I feel about them.  When they are headed in the right direction, I will let you know.  As I pointed out before, my positiveness is well documented in this forum, and it will return when appropriately warranted.

Here is a "potential" bug that I keep running into that is new, very, very, new:

When I shelve missions, you can go back in and look and see how your rank is in those old missions.  Those ranks used to be accurate.  Sure, my rank might change some of the time to unshelved competitors.  I get that.  But is appears that these ranks when I go back in and look are incorrect.  Missions where everyone had eventually shleved appeared to not update and give me a very surprising result.  If everyone has shelved, my rank should accurate - whatever it is.

I will keep an eye on this, but something seems "amiss".  Perhaps other players can speak to whether or not they have noticed a difference.
  • lthrrr (GB1)lthrrr (GB1) Posts: 1,665
    CNY just started on UK, and it says next challenge is less than an hour away ! 
Sign In to comment.