Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Feedback - Your Deep Sea Fishing Ideas!

Comments

• Rusty Farmer (AU1)Rusty Farmer (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,705
    edited 12.02.2018
    Several ideas:
    • Remove reward for lobster cage from event and replace with 100 clam/oyster/shrimp (say) or special clam/oyster/shrimp bait.
    • Allow us to win special bait for clam/oyster/shrimp etc which we can use in the ponds.
    • Let the amphibian also increase DSF when we harvest.
    • Similar to mystery boxes, have pirate chests which randomly pop up in the ocean and can contain many DSF and other items.
    • Different chances of danger for each danger type in each pool.
    • A chance that boats might be damaged if not protected and need repairs; maybe still be able to send them out not fully repaired but risk more damage and even drop a level if repairs are left unchecked.
    • Make chum actually useful - either double the effectiveness or let them actually increase the number of total fish in the pool.
    • When hovering over a boat that is fishing, see exactly what it is catching.
    • See total number of fish in the pool (image below).
    • Show calculations of loads depending on number of boats used (image below).
    • Show preview of how many fish could be caught based on current boat configuration (image below).

• PCA (GB1)PCA (GB1) GB1 Posts: 839
    edited 12.02.2018
    Change the market contracts, this is the biggest of all problems 

A single market contract requests hundreds if not thousands clams. We have requests for clams in virtually every single market order and this makes absolutely no sense given we can only fish 30 or 60 clams at a time in a pool. 

Pools containing crustaceans are very rare compared pools containing lobsters and herrings, yet orders requesting herrings or lobsters are the rarest and that fish has to be sold nearly exclusively using direct sales

You know all this already, you set the fish market in this way on purpose, to decrease our profits, and there are entire threads asking to modify the fish market orders

The market and whole fishing area is boring as a result of your wrong decisions

Post edited by PCA (GB1) on
  • dchen1 (US1)dchen1 (US1) US1 Posts: 993
    PCA (GB1) said:
    Change the market contracts, this is the biggest of all problems 

A single market contract requests hundreds if not thousands clams. We have requests for clams in virtually every single market order and this makes absolutely no sense given we can only fish 30 or 60 clams at a time in a pool. 

Pools containing crustaceans are very rare compared pools containing lobsters and herrings, yet orders requesting herrings or lobsters are the rarest and that fish has to be sold nearly exclusively using direct sales

You know all this already, you set the fish market in this way on purpose, to decrease our profits, and there are entire threads asking to modify the fish market orders

The market and whole fishing area is boring as a result of your wrong decisions

I agree, too many "filler" items in contracts.  Filler items add an ignorable small amount of money but add much more difficulty to a contract.   For a low level player, feed crops are a good source of money, but a high level player needs to rely on better products that are worth way more.  In fish contracts, clams are the biggest filler item, oysters is second.  In farm product contracts, all feed crops, wildflowers, and olive oil (worth less than its ingredients) are filler items.  I need contracts to ask for less filler items.  

Another problem in contracts is that the market does not look at my supply of goods before deciding what contract to give.  My stock of shrimp, lobsters, cod, and salmon are in the thousands while clams are always being used up by contracts as fillers.  If the contract customers knew what I have in stock, ones that need lots of lobsters, cod and salmon will appear instead.  The adjustment of demand will make the supplies more balanced.  

• Michiru (GB1)Michiru (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,239
    edited 12.02.2018
    Once in a while I'd like the boats to accidentally haul in a treasure box during fishing, just like mystery boxes, packed with little goodies (eg. 10 Gold per box)
    You could show in the pond info with the fish, if there is a DSF treasure box present, and you get it for sure if you haul in ALL fish in that area.

e.g. :  
  • RunsWivScissors (GB1)RunsWivScissors (GB1) GB1 Posts: 6,633
    edited 17.02.2018
    IMO the only thing wrong with the DSF is the contracts. It is one of the few features in the game that actually works well & is relaxing & stress free. I can play it how I want to play, either getting more fish in longer times or going for quicker trips, depending on how much time I have that day & once the contracts are fixed I can see how it would be more balanced, so that we will be able to sell all of our fish at the market, instead of being blocked waiting for shellfish.

I do not want to see it "linked to other farms" I don`t see any need for "happiness" or "missions" (the dockyard could benefit from flower farm happiness like it used to) I don`t want to see the hazards more effective either, if they are planning on wrecking my boats & needing to repair them, I would be very upset by that. They could just get rid of pointless protection & if I lose some fish due to hazards its not tragic, it hasn`t done any harm so far.

Making Oleg's tasks better is a good idea, at least put his face on them all so that they are easier to find. Aside from that I wouldn`t mind seeing some things added to the feature, so long as they do not change what is there already. For example:

• Ability too set up 3 or 4 sets of equipment that I use most often, so I can select one and load the boat with 1 click.
    • Chum is supposed to attract fish to where you are fishing, it makes no sense the way it is used now & is useless, instead it could be used to make it possible to catch more fish than a location shows that it has - For example, if a location has 120 fish & I send out a boat that can hold 150 fish & I have a spare slot, if I put chum in the slot, I can catch 150 fish (or whatever my storage limit is) Keep the chum as it is regarding which fish it attracts etc & set an amount of extra fish per bucket.
    • When catching Oysters, occasionally you can get a "Pearl" in with your catch, pearls can be VERY rare, but you can use one to change any pool into a shellfish pool.
    • Methane Super-fuel made from poop - a load of it was dumped in the ocean as it is not always reliable. If you manage to catch a can of it, load up your boat ready to send & then add methane super-fuel if you dare, your boat will change appearance into a turd!!  (Yes I did say that hehe) then you find out if it is a floater or a sinker - 
      • If its a sinker, your boat sinks and you lose all your equipment & the boat re-appears at the dock empty & ready to load. 
      • If it is a floater, the methane super-fuel kicks in & your boat gets 100% booster on trip time, there & back instantly with full catch. 
    • Skins for boats would be cool too.
    • Another idea for chum, would be that using chum "could" attract the giant fish, or he could just show up randomly, but if you see him & click him, your boat drives into his mouth & starts a mini-game. You drive through his belly, passing moving rewards which you have to catch by casting your line & hooking them. Catch as many as you can before you get pooped out the other end of the fish. - Oh dear more pooping hehe 

I know that some people want the pools changed, but I actually think that they are good as they are now. I don`t know if its maybe because they are on a lower level or have smaller boats, but I think that they are quite realistic - when you go fishing in real life, fish are not always just there waiting for you. If it is to do with level, then that is an incentive to get bigger/better boats & not something that should be changed just to make the game easier. I would rather see additions such as boosters or rewards like those above, where we get the opportunity to get more fish from a pool or to change the pool to different fish.
    Post edited by RunsWivScissors (GB1) on
  • Seeker1 (US1)Seeker1 (US1) US1 Posts: 571
    edited 12.02.2018

@Michiru (GB1)
    I like the idea of finding treasure,  why not make it interesting...hmmm.

Every now and then a crew member of a boat spots a shiny object floating in the water.
    You could make that boat have an "exclamation point" above it to trigger some dialogue whether the crew  should net this shiny object, or leave it alone... Or,  you could make the shiny object floating in the water, similar to how the 'bubble workers' walk about the farms-- and let the player click on the shiny object directly.

The crew decides to net the shiny object which turns out to be a message in bottle!
    It appears to be a piece of a map... a treasure map perhaps?  ...hmmm.
    After the crew returns home, news spreads amongst the fleet that other crews have found similar map pieces.

Collect X amount of map pieces. Then you're given a mini-game of a slider puzzle where you arrange the map pieces to solve the location of the hidden treasure!

Upon completion you're awarded treasure boxes filled with billions and trillions of gold coins!!!
    Mine mine mine~ all mine!!! >:)

• WascallyWabbit (FormerMod)WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) Guest Posts: 6,097
    edited 12.02.2018
    Hi Guys,

Its good to see some novel ideas getting posted! :)  We, of course, want your feedback about the ideas suggested by CM Hunter & it is clear that a lot of you are wary about GGS making changes to the feature, but don`t let that stop you from letting your imagination run wild & posting any fun or whacky things that you would like to see added, you might like:

• Boats in the shape of a unicorn?
    • A piranha that eats all the other fish you catch but gives a high reward if he is caught?
    • Perhaps you would like to see Oleg sailing in a bathtub and there is a minigame to help him stop drowning.
    Any idea is an idea, and we can't implement them all but even something weird and crazy tells us what kind of things you want and like. 
  • DSF Just needs more shelfish. 

Job done :)
  • Blue Denim (US1)Blue Denim (US1) US1 Posts: 5,253
    I do not know bout any of this, all I know is I am a Newer player to this game and I started to do the Fishing Tasks, then got confused and lost by them, therefore I never finished them, no clue where I left off or anything, so I do not bother with the fishing stuff much, I do some fishing when I feel like it but that is all, I mostly tend to My 3 Farms, that reminds Me, When are we going to get another Farm? I heard rumors bout that , but have not heard nothing more, so I ask are we going to get another Farm or not? one that we can work on and won't vanish on us like the candy one ect, I do not like those farms that vanish and do not work on those either, :(
  • Xcution (INT1)Xcution (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,183
    Hey plz give us an option whether we like to or not to get the deco with vhp plz 
  • Xcution (INT1)Xcution (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,183
    DSF Just needs more shelfish. 

How?
  • farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    I do not know bout any of this, all I know is I am a Newer player to this game and I started to do the Fishing Tasks, then got confused and lost by them, therefore I never finished them, no clue where I left off or anything, so I do not bother with the fishing stuff much, I do some fishing when I feel like it but that is all, I mostly tend to My 3 Farms, that reminds Me, When are we going to get another Farm? I heard rumors bout that , but have not heard nothing more, so I ask are we going to get another Farm or not? one that we can work on and won't vanish on us like the candy one ect, I do not like those farms that vanish and do not work on those either, :(
    @Blue Denim (US1) There's still a lot of money to be made with the Deep-sea fishing, so stick with it!  I make more profit from the DSF than all 3 of my farms put together.  Here's a link to the list of tasks you need to complete in order to unlock the Dockyard....  http://crazybigfarm.tk/farm/dockyard/task_list.htm          :)
  • woodenskull (US1)woodenskull (US1) US1 Posts: 158

Competing for world record fish is a popular part of fishing. How about creating a dock fishing tournament? Greatly expand the size ranges of the fish that we catch. Then create a leader board of the largest of each fish type caught and award prizes to the winners.

• gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    Could GGS please remember that this a farming game, not a fishing game.  The fishing should work better (a lot better), but how much bigger of a footprint should it have?....not much!
    edited 12.02.2018

So then make it an actual farm, an underwater farm!

There are several types of edible sea vegetables that can be harvested: Kelp, Kombu, Wakame, Arame, Dulse, Nori, Irish Moss.  Sea salt can be harvested too.

I want scuba gear and a submarine!

EDIT:  After further thought I dont think its possible... where would worker homes be built?  How would the playable surface be divided... half land expansions and half water expansions?  Or entirely all water expansions?  Perhaps Farmhouse and worker houses could be a floating city built on top the water expansions?  And how would my tractor deco be able to float on top of water. hehehehe LOL.

Perhaps we'll discover the lost city of Atlantis and we'll have mermaids as our workers...

Merriam-Webster defines FARMING as "the practice of agriculture or aquaculture."

Aquaculture is defined as "the rearing of aquatic animals or the cultivation of aquatic plants for food."

FISHING is NOT FARMING, then give us a proper aquaculture farm.

It will be interesting to see what the upcoming Volcano farm brings to the game with regards to FARMING.

Post edited by Seeker1 (US1) on
  • mia111 (GB1)mia111 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 741

There are several types of edible sea vegetables that can be harvested: Kelp, Kombu, Wakame, Arame, Dulse, Nori, Irish Moss.  Sea salt can be harvested too.

EDIT:  After further thought I dont think its possible... where would worker homes be built?  How would the playable surface be divided... half land expansions and half water expansions?  Or entirely all water expansions?  Perhaps Farmhouse and worker houses could be a floating city built on top the water expansions?  And how would my tractor deco be able to float on top of water. hehehehe LOL.

Perhaps we'll discover the lost city of Atlantis and we'll have mermaids as our workers...

Merriam-Webster defines FARMING as "the practice of agriculture or aquaculture."

Aquaculture is defined as "the rearing of aquatic animals or the cultivation of aquatic plants for food."

If FISHING is NOT FARMING, then give us a proper aquaculture farm.

I like the idea of an aquaculture farm and in that sense fishes have more sense in the farming world. Somebody posted a while ago something similar to that (underwater farm: https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/comment/3520009#Comment_3520009) even before the deep sea fishing was implemented.

We could have some permanent pools and we could build installations in the pools to grow some of the types of fishes/crustaceans that are currently available in the game (or other ones). In each facility only certain type of fishes could be produced and there is a limit to produce a certain amount of fishes depending on the facility level. How to include there workers and happiness I do not know. Maybe it could just be a different type of farm mechanics.

Currently, what I'm tempted with is to be able to explore the deep sea, in particular I have been wanting to do something with the sank boat that is in the fishing area background, like finding seashells, corals and sunken treasures, some of which could be made into jewelry in some facility (together with the expansion of the mine and new ores and jewels). Though that does deviate from the farming world, LOL, but I do like both farming and crafting (including here the creation of goods from farming, such as currently in the bakery, shop and restaurants). I would like to be able to create also goods such as cheese, butter, flour, wool (but where are the sheep? :( ), clothes and all those kind of manufactured products that come from the process of raw materials.

If FISHING is NOT FARMING, then give us a proper aquaculture farm.

I like the idea of an aquaculture farm and in that sense fishes have more sense in the farming world. Somebody posted a while ago something similar to that (underwater farm: https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/comment/3520009#Comment_3520009) even before the deep sea fishing was implemented.

We could have some permanent pools and we could build installations in the pools to grow some of the types of fishes/crustaceans that are currently available in the game (or other ones). In each facility only certain type of fishes could be produced and there is a limit to produce a certain amount of fishes depending on the facility level. How to include there workers and happiness I do not know. Maybe it could just be a different type of farm mechanics.

Currently, what I'm tempted with is to be able to explore the deep sea, in particular I have been wanting to do something with the sank boat that is in the fishing area background, like finding seashells, corals and sunken treasures, some of which could be made into jewelry in some facility (together with the expansion of the mine and new ores and jewels). Though that does deviate from the farming world, LOL, but I do like both farming and crafting (including here the creation of goods from farming, such as currently in the bakery, shop and restaurants). I would like to be able to create also goods such as cheese, butter, flour, wool (but where are the sheep? :( ), clothes and all those kind of manufactured products that come from the process of raw materials.
    The suggestion of a water farm actually goes back a few years, in 2013-14, after players were already finished building their flower farms, and wanted a "fourth farm" to be added to the game. (Yes, a fourth, permanent farm is long overdue.)

I had asked for a mermaid statue and an oyster hatchery where I could make a fortune cultivating pearls. Since then, 
    the forums have been upgraded and I can no longer find my original post on the subject, but i managed to find one of the original threads.
    https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/34535/feedback-fish-farm/p1

• debj (GB1)debj (GB1) GB1 Posts: 157

Apologies for any repetition of earlier points & posts. 

- Unlocking the Dock is long & unclear – yes please make the tasks more visible or a notation of some sort to tell people “to unlock this area finish x tasks”.

Some items currently have little use – please do not increase the hazards. I don’t like that there are hazards at all & I don’t use the protective stuff because there are too many hazards and half the time using them was a waste as I would often chose the wrong one to attach to the boat. Probably if hazards increase in impact I would actually attach less crew to my boat to reduce the cost of sending the boat rather than attach a pot-luck hazard protection item. What could alter is the items like the lobster cage & other items for making a specific type of fish caught … if these were altered to act more like bait that could also solve the issue of not getting enough of a specific type of fish appearing. E.g. attach deep water sifter and send to a lobster pool & boat would collect both lobster & clams as though they were both there normally etc etc.

- Dock doesn’t flow back to main farms – it does the finance does ;) imo don’t need it to any more than that, we have the restaurant & we have the fish market, that’s fine.

- Certain fish are not available when needed – imo BIGGEST fishy issue.

No link to the happiness system – why does it need a link to the happiness system? It has enough chance & variability built in with hazards & pools. And what type of happiness would be used – village or normal? And which farm’s happiness? Or will a 3rd type of happiness that we have to get all new decos for have to be created … just please no … way too complicated. And again if the crew cost more (such as the cost of feeding them with meals) I am more likely just to not add crew …

- All fishing tasks take hours – personal preference would be for the fishing times to be halved in the deep sea area. However this would still not make it possible for deep sea area to be involved in missions etc & to be honest I wouldn’t want it to be. It could at a stretch with some tweaks to oleg be possible for bass/bonito to have a mission but this tweak would principally require that when the boat trips end a new boat appears immediately, that way there’s a lot of various ways to collect the fish in 30 mins.  

- No immediate feedback – as it currently stands the deep sea fishing is strategic (what boats & what you equip them with) & chance based, more chance than the rest of the game. That’s fine, please don’t make it more complicated.

- The user interface is a bit tedious – One click equipping would be good, such as the repeat production button we have for fields & bakery etc. However, it would be really helpful if somewhere in the dialogue it told us the effect of the equipment on how much we were about to catch. Also it would be nice if the equipment/crew that we had were broken into sections so that we don’t need to scroll through pages each time, which would save time, and be able to sell (not delete) items we don’t want.

- Fishing mini-game not engaging – I do little manual fishing not because it isn’t engaging but because it is annoying. I get fed up of the fish moving just before the bait reaches it. I don’t like how I need to pay full attention to this for quite a period of time ignoring my main farm whilst it is running – this is after all a farming game. Then I get annoyed that almost as soon as I leave the mini-game in order to harvest from my farm I then can’t get back to the mini-game for another half an hour as it has been over-fished. The line also glitches all the time and by the time it enters the water the fish has normally moved. More variety of fish would be nice and removing the “restocking” would help.

- Oleg’s fishing – I really like the way Oleg functions. It is understandable & straight forward & other than waiting for a new boat trip boat to arrive I like all aspects of this.

Mermaid bay needs some tweaking. Imo it could do with a bit of (saying this word quietly) rebalancing. At the moment the production of too many items are very long and the production of too many items are for very small quantities. Basing it on the flower shop, we have a good mix there of production times and various sized production quantity. It is was rebalanced then it might work more effectively & be possible to use it in other events ... possibly ;) 

Fishy market – imo I think this just needs a much wider variety of items to be provided to it that way (hopefully) we don’t continue to get shrimp, clam & oysters asked for all the time. Could oleg’s fish be added? And maybe some meals from mermaid bay if quantities asked for were low at current production levels.  

I think it would be good that say if you cleared all the fish in a pool you may get an extra gift. This could be themed along the lines of finding treasure, inspiration from the sunken shipwreck ;) so you could get a mystery box chest, or cutlery silverware that is a booster when applied to the bakery or mermaid bay, seaweed, wood, or rarely (not shouting it out too loudly) gold etc etc.

It may be nice if the amphibian also affected the deep sea area.

It may be nice if we could have boat appearances – personally I wouldn’t mind my trawler looking like a giant rubber duck or a yellow submarine …

It would be good if we could construct as many boats as we wanted to, even if only 14 could be out at sea at any one time. That way if we don’t need to collect much or want more frequent collections we could use the smaller boats instead. Maybe it would enable more variety in the gameplay. 

• IceeMimi (US1)IceeMimi (US1) US1 Posts: 137
    I appreciate this information, but am still trying to find out info on the volcano island. I am branching out to other sections and asking.

I watched the video they posted and it is stated they are to release in February. Cannot find any info concerning anything about the release and no one is talking.
  • ONE button to load ALL boats would probably bring about errors...how would it work if you had a mix of different boats in your fleet, motorboats, skipjacks, trawlers, and to mention all at different levels with different number of slots.

Rather, a "load last setup" button, similar to "sow last seed" button would be nice for each individual boat. 
    I like this idea. It would save so much time!
  • DSF Just needs more shelfish. 

How?
    Shellfish pools with more shellfish in them or maybe a few fish contracts without shellfish !
  • This is all well and good, suggestions for what we'd like to see in DSF, but we have good reason to be wary, don't you think? 

Every time changes are made to the game, we the players are getting screwed over in some way. Usually, these changes just give the gold players yet another advantage over us regular folk. Of course I'd like to add an idea or two... but if that idea ends up causing more problems than it's worth, I'll skip it rather. 

Honestly, all most of us want is stability. Have the game function as it is supposed to and make it worth using any given part of the game. That's all. If you could give us a guarantee that the changes will not screw us over in some way or make the game too complicated, I think you'll see many more suggestions. 

Sadly you can't give that guarantee.

Soooo... I'm going to vote for no drastic changes please
    Maybe these little things can be looked at:
    - Have a button that automatically loads your ships
    - Let us sell unwanted boats and equipment
    - Have more fish per pool, or more pools

I'm reasonably happy with the rest as it is.
    Or at least there's a livable balance now.
  • Tinzen (SKN1)Tinzen (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 473
    I appreciate this information, but am still trying to find out info on the volcano island. I am branching out to other sections and asking.

I watched the video they posted and it is stated they are to release in February. Cannot find any info concerning anything about the release and no one is talking.
    Its was planned to get up and around already 2 years ago, and try to keep the voluno out of this..... Make its own thread about it.
  • Leave it alone!
  • GazFarmer (AU1)GazFarmer (AU1) AU1 Posts: 92
    There is one pain that is not mentioned, when equipping boats the amounts of fish available is not shown in that screen , one has remember how many fish and check and double check, before sending.
    I have to constantly use the calculator on my computer and convert the fish per hour into a decimal before calculating the correct chum etc , if we had box that tells us how many fish we have catered for , or how many fish left in fishing hole we can more accurately equip our boats, this would be extremely handy.
        I think missions in deep sea fishing would be a disaster and I for one would not take part.
        The idea of providing food for the workers on boats to increase happiness is entertaining and could work to reduce the expensiveness of equipping boats I agree with that concept, It would be a big thumbs up.
    Maybe we could produce a battleship in the dock and fight the odd pirate for his gold ?
    Maybe we could have an option of partially completing contracts and still be able to send them with the appropriate reduction in the value and a bonus similar to the other boat for full completion, with items we can use.
    Perhaps we could have tasks for deep sea fishing that would help people perform upgrades ?
  • PCA (GB1)PCA (GB1) GB1 Posts: 839
    edited 13.02.2018

Its was planned to get up and around already 2 years ago, and try to keep the voluno out of this..... Make its own thread about it.

Maybe it's better that this new farm never comes out at all

The few hints presented so far suggest that the new farm could be another pro bono part of the game, one like the temporary farms or the horse ranch where we keep spending cash and gold, and will never see any profit, just a huge and continuous waste of resources

If these parts were not as repetitive as they are they could even be fun, but they aren't anymore, who would think it is fun to build a farm that after 3 weeks disappears but becomes available again in 5 days to build all over ? And have the same temporary farm come back 3-4 times in a row at a few days distance ?

The horses, the most repetitive part of this game. Shortly every single event will be active every day, its just a matter of GGS managing so many at once, technicalities. 

It just shows GGS cannot keep designing / adding new features, it can only push the same few ones over and over, the permanent events .......  till players decide it's time to move on

• mia111 (GB1)mia111 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 741
    As an optimization, I would like to click on the pool, click on the boat and be able to equip exactly that boat and once equipped send it to fish in that spot, all that while I can see the amount of fishes remaining in the pool and the trip time to the pool.

Right now the process is too "cucumbersome": either you equip all your boats before hand (which is bad since might mistake sending a boat to a wrong pool or you don't optimize properly the crew needed, as the boats you sent took a different amount of fish to the planned one, wasting resources) or finding the one to equip takes lots of clicks. Plus I have to go back and forth all the time between the dock and the pools to calculate the number of fishes that the pool has and the traveling time to that pool, and with that data to figure out the crew I need to put or browse in the dialog to find the first available boat to equip. 
  • kwk (US1)kwk (US1) Posts: 144
    Can the 5 protection items for Storms, Sharks, Whirlwinds, Icebergs & Octopuses being either combined into 1 object or have a clearer explanation of which items are needed in a given area being fished.  

Currently I use 5 slots for protection because there is no way to discern which you need so one has to use all 5 or lose fish.
    I was thinking something along the same thought process:
     IF we were given 5 additional slots used only for protection, separate from crew and equip,
    then I wouldn't have a problem using all 5 types of protection on every voyage
    Example:
    lvl 1 boat = 0 protection slot
    lvl 2 boat = 1 protection slot
    lvl 3 boat = 2 protection slot
    etc,etc.
    lvl 6 boat = 5 protection slot

As it stands, I can afford only 1 slot to put protection--so its sort of a "1 in 5 crap shoot" to guess if the one i choose will guarantee my boat safe passage.
     12 slots is really not enough to put crew, equip, chum, protection, so most times protection is often neglected.
    This is the best idea for the worst aspect of DSF!  Either remove hazards or provide slots so we can use protection feasibly.  

During FHWE PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE give us twins with ghost rods!!!!  Or perhaps give us a Coop FHWE to alternate with single FHWE.  And prizes for FHWE?  too sad...  At least add ghost rods to the prizes.  :) 

Increase slots for boats and let us sell inventory.  

I don't mind the fishing times, or the current pool distribution.  These have dramatically improved and I appreciate that!   Patience is key to fishing in real life and fishing on Big Farm, so that's cool.   Contracts are better and better.  I've learned to not even go to my Fish Contract tab more than once a week.  In about a week I have enough inventory of everything, included those hard to get shellfish to fill most if not all contracts.  Going there daily was too depressing.  But now that I'm only going weekly, it feels good.

I also appreciate your looking into the DSF aspect again.  I trust you will continue to improve the game and keep us all engaged.

Happy Farming!
  • Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    Please just keep this simple.  

Some of the posts, including (starting with Hunter) are way too complicated.  Gives me a headache just skimming them.
    Send out boats, they catch fish, we either sell fish, cook fish, or use the market and fill contracts with fish.
    That's all.
    Some things need some adjusting, like stocking all the boats at once, and maybe keeping them stocked until such time as we run out of something, and making sure some of every kind of fish is out there all the time,  but that's ALL!  

These big contracts that were promised when our fish sales were ripped away…. they are somewhat lacking.   My 10,000.000 contract has been waiting for lousy shellfish for WEEKS now.  Very boring.  They finally appeared today, some 30 clams I think.  Drop in the bucket.   BORING!

I do like the treasure chest idea….
    And how about a new one?

Add ONE more boat, a charter fishing boat.    And perhaps a line of passengers can wait by the market.  
    Tourism!  Make immediate cash picking up people who want to go out fishing.  Maybe we could sell them our extra poles and coolers and what not too.
    But this too, keep it simple.   I don't want to take a college course in how to work this silly game.

archerbob (AU1) said:

I want a Poseidon water statue to compliment our current mermaid statue decoration (Fairy Tale Event).

I want the Viking ship decorations from the Viking temp farm to be offered as skins for our boats.

I still want a submarine, interactive in the game, a skin, or decoration would be fine too.

I want an oriental pirate ship as a skin for our boats.

This discussion has been closed.