Home EN Suggestions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Suggestions to make the organic market better

dchen1 (US1)dchen1 (US1) US1 Posts: 993
edited 13.02.2018 in Suggestions
I have some suggestions to make the organic market better
These suggestions will make the organic market a more useful feature so more players can use it.  
More info will be added over time.  
If you have a suggestion not listed, an change or addition to what is listed or would like to share feedback, you can give a comment.  

Profitability

Currently, upgrade costs for a level 80-100 player are in the 10 millions and temporary farms cost 100s of millions.  Organic market contracts and walk up customers make only a small fraction compared to deep sea fishing.  Some features of the organic market make many players ignore parts of it.  

This contract is ok because it marks up the values of peaches and floral perfume and 2 medium value goods.  There are no "filler products" that increase the value by a negligible amount but greatly increase difficulty.  However 3 karma points still take away many dollars.  

Currently, the contracts has only a 5% base markup, the bonus starts at 0% has a maximum of only 25% and increases for every contract and decreases for every contract declined.  
To make the contracts worth the effort, start at a 20% markup, invest in upgrades to increase by 2% each time up to 50%.  
No penalty for declining contracts, only a 30 min wait.  
In addition, because too many low value items make high level players decline contracts, there can be a multiplier for low value products for a high level player or market.  For a level 70 player, Wildflowers will be 15x value; corn, cabbage and pigs will be 3x; eggs, dandelion, lambs lettuce, barley 2x.  

Currently "extra" rewards such as horseshoes and karma sometimes decrease dollar value by so much that it makes profits not worth the effort.  Sometimes I even need to watch out for loss making contracts that give so many horseshoes that it completely removes the mark up and bonus.  This makes "extra" rewards a penalty on profit and something to avoid.  
To make all contracts rewarding to fill out, extra rewards should not affect dollar payout at all.  The extra items should actually be extra, in addition to dollars.  

Walk up customer asking for a third of all my liquid fertilizer, this sale is loss making.  

Currently walk up customers have a 1% base markup and 20% time bonus in addition that decreases by 1% every 30 seconds.  They also ask for farm supplies that are loss making when sold and ask for them in extreme quantities.  
To make walk up customers a more useful feature they can be changed a base markup of 10%, there is a 20% bonus that decreases by 1% every 2 minutes.  They should never ask for loss making items such as farm supplies and olive oil.  

Supply and demand

Currently, contracts ask for items that are too cheap or ones players dont have much of and dont ask for items that are an oversupply and worth more.  This makes players decline contracts even when there is a penalty.  

The contracts can be improved by making the contract customers aware of the supply of goods and adjust demand according to supply.  At the organic market for regular contracts, if the player is at level 80, it will more likely ask for floral perfume, honey cream and soap and almost never corn and eggs.  If player is level 20, it will ask for corn, wheat, and eggs.  If player has less than half the barn filled with soaps, it will never ask for soaps, if completely full, it will most likely ask for it.  Market will never ask for farm supplies or olive oil because it is loss making.  Usually for a low level player, if no product is half full, it will ask for 25% barn capacity of one product.  

Currently, walk up customers never ever ask for shop products when the product is unlocked and the barn is full of them.  They rarely ask for bakery products.  
The walk up customers can be improved by making them ask for items based on player level.  For level 20 players, they will ask for milk, eggs, pigs, and apples.  For level 50 players, they will ask for summer bouquet, pasta gift baskets, distillery products, and bakery goods.  For level 70 players, they will ask for honey cream, soaps, floral perfume.  

Fairness

Currently for very high level players, sometimes, they get limited contracts that ask for more than a full barn and a full harvest.  This forces players to decline the contract.  
To prevent impossible contracts, limited contracts should make sure each product that is requested is not greater than the maximum capacity of the barn.  

Currently walk up customers appear even when the player is not at the farm.  This makes it almost impossible to fulfill the order for the time bonus.  Even the bonus timer starts when a customer appears on a different farm.  It takes about 30 minutes for 1 customer to appear.  When customers appear on this farm, there is no sound or reminder if it is off screen.  
To make it more fair for players tending multiple farms, the bonus timer should not start until the player visits the farm the customer is in.  When a customer appears in the farm the player is in, there should be a ¨ding¨ sound and a reminder in the upper right corner so the player knows that a customer appeared off screen.  

Post edited by dchen1 (US1) on

Comments

• qewt (US1)qewt (US1) US1 Posts: 161
    edited 11.02.2018
    I am level ~55, I decline any contract that asks for corn, wheat, dandelions, lettuce, etc. and I have since I was level ~30. There is no profit in selling such things, you need them for feed. Your idea of multiplying the payout for these items for higher level players may work but it seems a little complicated for the team at GGS to pull off (really..), may be easier to just stop giving these contracts out after a certain level.

I also have to double check any contracts that give useless extra items to make sure they are still profitable. I'd like to see a lot less of these items, such as fuku coins. I have seen pics of people getting 100-300+ gold coins out of contracts. I have gotten a pig contract that offered 1 gold coin. why? what do I do with 1 gold coin? and the penalty for the gold coin was that the contract was 1. not profitable. 2. it was timed and asked for more pigs than I could hold in my storage AND hold in my pigstys combined, such that I would necessarily have to spend at least 1 gold coin to complete the contract at the very last second, or 45 gold coins to complete it immediately. definitely not a balanced contract. I wouldn't mind getting 100-1k+ gold in contracts but it has to be reasonably balanced with the product it asks for, and 1 gold coin is equal to nothing. any contracts with other extra items, which I find almost always are useless, should still be profitable.

edit: I've also heard others recommend that you do not sell chum in fish contracts because it is more profitable to sell directly. I haven't checked the math myself but if it is true it should be fixed.
    Post edited by qewt (US1) on
  • dchen1 (US1)dchen1 (US1) US1 Posts: 993
    edited 11.02.2018
    I am level ~55, I decline any contract that asks for corn, wheat, dandelions, lettuce, etc. and I have since I was level ~30. There is no profit in selling such things, you need them for feed. Your idea of multiplying the payout for these items for higher level players may work but it seems a little complicated for the team at GGS to pull off (really..), may be easier to just stop giving these contracts out after a certain level.

I also have to double check any contracts that give useless extra items to make sure they are still profitable. I'd like to see a lot less of these items, such as fuku coins. I have seen pics of people getting 100-300+ gold coins out of contracts. I have gotten a pig contract that offered 1 gold coin. why? what do I do with 1 gold coin? and the penalty for the gold coin was that the contract was 1. not profitable. 2. it was timed and asked for more pigs than I could hold in my storage AND hold in my pigstys combined, such that I would necessarily have to spend at least 1 gold coin to complete the contract at the very last second, or 45 gold coins to complete it immediately. definitely not a balanced contract. I wouldn't mind getting 100-1k+ gold in contracts but it has to be reasonably balanced with the product it asks for, and 1 gold coin is equal to nothing. any contracts with other extra items, which I find almost always are useless, should still be profitable.

edit: I've also heard others recommend that you do not sell chum in fish contracts because it is more profitable to sell directly. I haven't checked the math myself but if it is true it should be fixed.
    I agree that limited contracts need to check barn capacity. 
    I added some info for fairness above.  
    This is the rest of the information for the suggestions. 

Currently "extra" rewards such as horseshoes and karma sometimes decrease dollar value by so much that it makes profits not worth the effort.  Sometimes I even need to watch out for loss making contracts that give so many horseshoes that it completely removes the mark up and bonus.  This makes "extra" rewards a penalty on profit and something to avoid.  
    To make all contracts rewarding to fill out, extra rewards should not affect dollar payout at all.  The extra items should actually be extra, in addition to dollars.  

Walk up customer asking for a third of all my liquid fertilizer, this sale is loss making.  

Currently walk up customers have a 1% base markup and 20% time bonus in addition that decreases by 1% every 30 seconds.  They also ask for farm supplies that are loss making when sold and ask for them in extreme quantities.  
    To make walk up customers a more useful feature they can be changed a base markup of 10%, there is a 20% bonus that decreases by 1% every 2 minutes.  They should never ask for loss making items such as farm supplies and olive oil.  

Supply and demand

Currently, contracts ask for items that are too cheap or ones players dont have much of and dont ask for items that are an oversupply and worth more.  This makes players decline contracts even when there is a penalty.  

The contracts can be improved by making the contract customers aware of the supply of goods and adjust demand according to supply.  At the organic market for regular contracts, if the player is at level 80, it will more likely ask for floral perfume, honey cream and soap and almost never corn and eggs.  If player is level 20, it will ask for corn, wheat, and eggs.  If player has less than half the barn filled with soaps, it will never ask for soaps, if completely full, it will most likely ask for it.  Market will never ask for farm supplies or olive oil because it is loss making.  Usually for a low level player, if no product is half full, it will ask for 25% barn capacity of one product.  

Currently, walk up customers never ever ask for shop products when the product is unlocked and the barn is full of them.  They rarely ask for bakery products.  
    The walk up customers can be improved by making them ask for items based on player level.  For level 20 players, they will ask for milk, eggs, pigs, and apples.  For level 50 players, they will ask for summer bouquet, pasta gift baskets, distillery products, and bakery goods.  For level 70 players, they will ask for honey cream, soaps, floral perfume.  

Fairness

Currently for very high level players, sometimes, they get limited contracts that ask for more than a full barn and a full harvest.  This forces players to decline the contract.  
    To prevent impossible contracts, limited contracts should make sure each product that is requested is not greater than the maximum capacity of the barn.  

Currently walk up customers appear even when the player is not at the farm.  This makes it almost impossible to fulfill the order for the time bonus.  Even the bonus timer starts when a customer appears on a different farm.  It takes about 30 minutes for 1 customer to appear.  When customers appear on this farm, there is no sound or reminder if it is off screen.  
    To make it more fair for players tending multiple farms, the bonus timer should not start until the player visits the farm the customer is in.  When a customer appears in the farm the player is in, there should be a ¨ding¨ sound and a reminder in the upper right corner so the player knows that a customer appeared off screen.  

• HappyEd1 (US1)HappyEd1 (US1) US1 Posts: 36
    edited 19.02.2018
    I am level 272, started an excel sheet to compare what I donate in direct sales prices compared to the contract prices. My sales levels all 99, my mark up is 3-4%;   and sometimes minus 10% and more with horseshoes, karma balls etc.  No business would survive like that. I no longer use the organic market at all.
    edited 02.03.2018
    I am level 272, started an excel sheet to compare what I donate in direct sales prices compared to the contract prices. My sales levels all 99, my mark up is 3-4%;   and sometimes minus 10% and more with horseshoes, karma balls etc.  No business would survive like that. I no longer use the organic market at all.
    More players will play a game if more features are useful for players to enjoy and less junk features to worry about and try to avoid.  I agree that mark up should be increased.  

My suggestion:
    For both contracts and walk up customers, base markup should be 10%.  For every contract value point, dollars will increase by 1% in addition, contract value 100(suggested new max) would give a 100% bonus, more than double the base value which is still fair because many upgrades cost millions of dollars and many fish market contracts also sell for more than double the amount of dirent sell.  The walk up customers should start with a 50% bonus that decreases by 1% every minute until it stays at 10%.  Also include a way to decline orders for walk up customers to give choice.  There should be no penalty besides a 5 minute wait time for offers.  

For more info, scroll up to the top to see the full list.  
Sign In to comment.