Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Feedback - Your Deep Sea Fishing Ideas!

Comments

• There are many changes i would like to see in the deep sea fishing, most importantly more pools with clams, oysters and shrimp, OR adjust the fishmarket orders to ask for less of these sea creatures. 

However... as much as i would like to see improvements, reading the proposed list of changes did not fill me with joy - just the opposite.  In my experience here, changes made to the game seldom end well from a player perspective, and with the number of changes planned all at once, we all know there will be glitches.  I've spent a lot of time and money building and upgrading my fleet of 14 trawlers and i'm very concerned that after the 'improvements' i will be so frustrated and disappointed that this will be another feature of the game that i stop doing.  As it is now, I can make money at it, not as much as promised, but enough that it's worth doing.

So, if GGS really wants to hear my honest opinion, I would vote for not making any changes to deep sea fishing.  I'd rather live with the issues I know than the horror it will probably be after these proposed changes are attempted.
  • Seeker1 (US1)Seeker1 (US1) US1 Posts: 571
    edited 10.02.2018

We have "fast feed" for pigs and cows so something similar could be introduced for DSF.
    Introduce additional "fast pool's" where the combined fish time and travel time doesn't exceed 30 minutes.

Give lobsters a playmate.
    Mix in other shellfish with the lobsters pools: lobsters+clams, lobsters+clams+oyster, lobsters+shrimp.
    This will give the lobster cage equipment a renewed purpose while helping to provide a variety of fishes at all times.

Introduce a "super fuel" which reduces travel times in half,
    or a "super, extra-super fuel" that can reduce travel times to 0, leaving just fishing time to be completed.
    This idea is similar to our super humus and seaweed humus.

Introduce new crew members and equipment with better benefits.
    Maybe Brigette and Roy have cousins that are faster and more efficient... hehehe.

Imagine a Fishing Hard Work Event with the +1 bonus point (for filling the crates to level 10),
    similar to the current CHWE.
  • CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,226

#1 - Yes I agree with your idea on this matter.

#2 - No! This is a very bad idea.
    As it stands right now there is no logic to the dangers. The farther away pools have a chance of any danger to hit. It makes no sense, if you insist in having dangers on the pools then please put some thought into it. Say pool #10 has a chance of sharks, pool #12 has a chance of storms and so on.

Right now there are 5 different dangers that may happen. We did not pay all that time and money to level our boats to fill them up with protection because we don't know what to protect against.

#3 - No The fish are already tied into the rest of the game with the mermaid bay and the lab.
    We don't even get enough fish anymore to make the the dishes in the restaurant or make the bronze chest in the lab so what good will it do to add more items that we can make with fish that we can't even get.

I spent all that money to upgrade one of my labs to make the bronze chest, what a waste because I can't get enough of the shellfish to make the needed chum!

#4 - Yes! The pools must be adjusted to make more fish available at all times. If you were to walk past my house and looked in my window to find me dancing a gig, it's because I just got a shellfish or swordfish pool.

As it stands right now I have 4 lobster pools and 2 tuna pools and this happens a lot. We are aloud 6 pools active at all times and there are 3 different pool types. I am sure your programmers can come up with a way to tell the game to have 2 of each pool type available at all times, after all that's why they get paid the big bucks.

#5 - undecided This may be helpful, but the dishes made in the mermaid bay with DSF cut into the available fish for the fish market. The needed hearty meals must be made with Oleg's fish.

#6 - Yes This could prove to be something fun and different.

#7 - undecided The only way I would go for this is if you tied it into the pool dangers. Where instead of putting protective equipment and crew on our boat when we send them out. We would get a notice that sharks are in the area and we would be offered the opportunity to replace the boats broken sonar with a new one.

If you want to keep the challenge in the game just make it so we must have the sonar in our inventory :)

#8 - Yes! This is the best idea yet!!

#9 - No I have grown to like Oleg's system just the way it is.

#10 - No Again, I have grown to like Oleg's system just the way it is.

I didn't see the Fish market mentioned anywhere. Pleas work on the contracts. There are too many shellfish contracts and absolutely no lobster contracts.

My idea...
    I would like to see a merchant standing outside the fish market.

This merchant will buy all our unwanted crew and equipment. He will also buy our extra boats in inventory rewarded from the FHWE.

Thank you I am done
    edited 10.02.2018

So then make it an actual farm, an underwater farm!

There are several types of edible sea vegetables that can be harvested: Kelp, Kombu, Wakame, Arame, Dulse, Nori, Irish Moss.  Sea salt can be harvested too.

I want scuba gear and a submarine!

EDIT:  After further thought I dont think its possible... where would worker homes be built?  How would the playable surface be divided... half land expansions and half water expansions?  Or entirely all water expansions?  Perhaps Farmhouse and worker houses could be a floating city built on top the water expansions?  And how would my tractor deco be able to float on top of water. hehehehe LOL.

Post edited by Seeker1 (US1) on
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    Cut the equipment and crew costs down (around 50%) to match the reduction in fish prices.

Give us more pools to choose from....for example increase from 6 pools to 10. This gives us more chance of getting the pools we need during events like fishing hardworker and better odds of getting the shellfish pools we need to complete contracts.

More upgrade levels on our boats would also be good but at a fair price.

As for everything else I think its fine just the way it is, the last thing I want is fishing missions because i'm sick to death of competition player/coop vs player/coop events. I have never seen REAL farmers competing in their fields so it should be kept to a minimum in a farming game.
  • dchen1 (US1)dchen1 (US1) US1 Posts: 993
    edited 10.02.2018

1. Good idea, but less priority

2. Make pools have different probability of disaster, but may also need extra slots for protection only.  
    There should be only 0-2 types of disaster in a pool,  nearby pools are all 0%, more distant pools can have 20% for 1 type of disaster and 0 for the others.

3. Buildings can use DSF goods to make products for profit similar to the mermaid bay and shop.  Bait can be produced with farm goods to make a pool appear.  However dont make the production tree too long.  

4. If the fish you want is not there, bait will cause a new pool to appear.  Bait will require some crops or some fish from Olegs boat.  

5.  Instead of hiring crew with thousands of dollars, the crew can be given 1-2 dishes from the mermaid bay.  The effectiveness is proportional to the value of the dishes needed.  Capacity boxes need to have prices lowered for balance.  

6. Motorboat and Runabout can have big reduction in travel time because they are designed for speed.  Max boats should be increased with dockyard upgrade starting at 4 and add 2 per upgrade for levels 2-3, add 3 for levels 4-6, add 4 for levels 7-8.  

7. This can work for motorboats and runabouts during a 30 minute or shorter trip, longer trips should give the player a much longer time to respond to something happening because the player is usually offline when waiting for a long boat trip.  

8. Equipping boats with 1 click will make players a lot less bored in deep sea fishing.  

9. Increase value of fish when player reaches a certain level, make fish worth more kgs so the money is worth the time.  Fish need to be attracted to the hook, it should not be a game of trying to hit fish by their tails.  

10.  Dont make boat rental probability based, dont want to force players to rent a cheaper boat for less profit.  

For any change, dont make features that are not worthwhile for players to use.  New features should benefit players for a cost of resources and time the players is willing to, not forced to pay.  The game should be better in all aspects after the change than before it.  
    I have 6 trawlers and 8 skipjacks in the drop box, the only way to make use of it is to use the building slot to build and demolish it for dollars.  
    I have a suggestion for a better use for these boats, Boats can be recycled into parts that can be used on a level 6 boat to further improve its capacity and travel speed.  
  • mutterkjær (SKN1)mutterkjær (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 344
    I have 6 trawlers and 8 skipjacks in the drop box, the only way to make use of it is to use the building slot to build and demolish it for dollars.  
    I have a suggestion for a better use for these boats, Boats can be recycled into parts that can be used on a level 6 boat to further improve its capacity and travel speed.  
    Using the same feature as for deco´s would be nice, maybe the useless rewards of staff and gear could go in there as well. Good idea
    Using the same feature as for deco´s would be nice, maybe the useless rewards of staff and gear could go in there as well. Good idea
    Instead of giving out boats and equipment, it can give a Pick a reward that gives a choice of a boat and a variety of equipment to choose from.  
  • I suggest a Fishing Exchange Stall that comes and goes. It would give us special offers such as:

Exchanging fish (i.e looking at value  lobsters could be swapped for a double amount of clams etc) - this would solve the problem we have at the moment with too many shellfish contracts.

Exchanging Crew - we earn crew that we don't need, it would be great to swap a number of John's for a Roy and so on.

Exchanging boats - we also earn boats we can not use, we could swap them for any number of things linked into the other farms
    edited 11.02.2018
    My idea...
    I would like to see a merchant standing outside the fish market.

This merchant will buy all our unwanted crew and equipment. He will also buy our extra boats in inventory rewarded from the FHWE.

Alot of talk about players wanting the option to sell their unwanted DSF crew and equipment.
    How about an option to get rid of Oleg's poles, reels, lines, and hooks as well.
    I like this idea of the "bubble peddlers" standing in front of the fish market asking to buy our unwanted goods.

edited 11.02.2018
    I like this idea, maybe introduce a new character, similar to "Architect" Steve Screwdriver with Greta Greensmith capabilities.  Dismantle parts from our unwanted Oleg poles and reels; dismantle unwanted DSF boats and equipment, and repurpose them into super-turbine motors for faster travel speed!!!

A shipyard for building, upgrading, and demolishing boats-- that includes its own dedicated building slot would be nice.  Yet I fear it would come with a gold cost similar to the temp farms building slot.
    edited 11.02.2018

Introduce a mystery fish.

From time-to-time, on rare occasion, a mystery fish will appear in the mini game.
    its identity is unknown until you catch it.  This mystery fish will be tougher to catch so be prepared!
    • It could be any one of the fishes found on the three farms but with massive kg weight.
    • It could be a fisherman's boot, but upon further inspection its filled with a few gold coins.
    • It could NOT be a fish at all, you catch a legendary mermaid and for setting her free she gives you a pearl decoration.
    Post edited by Seeker1 (US1) on
  • ljr (NL1)ljr (NL1) NL1 Posts: 47
    What really needs improvement is the dialog, when a boat has returned. Currently the only possibility is to click the 'X', which is normally reserved for undo or cancel action. Adding a 'Unload boat' button would improve the user experience, as this dialog will now behave 'normal'.
  • No, that's too many changes. Some players send their boats out empty. Adding autofill as an option would solve that problem. Players could have more boats because it would be easier to send them out. The long hours is not a problem. Just like with the sunflowers I like to set everything up before going to bed and in the morning everything is ready to harvest. Fishing is a good way to make the most money for your farm. You can make millions with the fishing contracts.  :) 
  • There is a whole lot of input and ideas I would like to give here but I will not waste my time or energy on a company that can only see dollar signs in every single event or aspect of the game. I understand the company is not a charity and the goal is to make money, however, there is a time and a place for everything and an equal balanced must be maintained at all times to prevent collapse of the game, burn-out, and abuse of its players.

That being said, my suggestion would be to focus on promises made in the past before implementing new strategies for the company to make money.  Once upon a time the game was relaxing and enjoyable; THAT is why I signed up for it.  I did not sign up for what it has become.  I use to enjoy playing as often as possible but now I feel spread far too thin, I do end up spending just as much time - maybe even less - but I no longer enjoy it.   Many aspects were added to the game in a short period of time: The village, the Deep Sea Fishing, Oleg, and the Mermaid bay, as well as the latest barrage of challenges such as the Goldfish rescue, the CHWEs, and back to back CCs.  While I do not mind challenging events or co-op activities, I do not think the game should be based on them.  This was once a relaxed farming simulation game.... not a battle zone.

The focused issues should be:
    Fix the fish market - making contracts more balanced.
    Fix the current pool spawns - making all fish equally available.
    Give us a sell button for the useless items that we earn as "Rewards" that serve no use to us. We should not have to delete "Rewards".

Then perhaps slowly implement some of the great ideas like adding a fast equip button or load all at once button. I would much rather see old broken and unbalanced stuff be fixed before dealing with new broken stuff. 
    I certainly agree with the request and logic regarding this game. I am mentally exhausted & frustrated...bought a lot of gold over 2 years and that's a lot of monthly payment for an unplayable game that is so botched you DO NOT receive service for what you paid. Use to be enjoyable, a place to relax & have fun with a group of friends enjoying & sharing but you scared them all away. I'm hard-pressed to log on for morning start & enjoy my coffee, pop-in to do my 4 hour then a quick check-in before dinner & evening long plant. (north west coast NA) couldn't care less about the deep sea, can't play anyway to upgrade to be able to buy a fleet and all this extra clutter I cannot use. I enjoy the fishing more now that I've stepped up a few levels & with help from members Also enjoy making goods and rotate the Village boat, a quick escape from the blinding snow scene. But I can't play that either these days and it's futile to play catch-up if you can't log-on,plant, rotate....12 hours of play over a long 2 months is not good. Taking so long to download & the lag is so bad it makes you crazy as you might get MAYBE an hour...not much progress eh? I do my maintenance & clear off ALL my computer daily & using the 'password save' has no difference on game performance.Thoroughly disappointed and so angry with your greed. Valentine balloon hunt and you can't even download that unless you use the gold you're saving for the outrageous land costs! Yet you keep loading the game with events that clogs and freezes BUT you pop-ups to Buy Gold  & items seems to always download!? You really need to trim  back and get things fixed but not on my time with a busy work schedule and trying to manage that with health issues is even more challenging. Send out proper notice for maintenance like most other Gaming Sites do, and be sure it's to the mailbox. If you can't download, how you you get in to the forum for info? And there is very little at that. I certainly be glad to plan my day and stay clear for a 4 hr interval in the afternoon. There's some good information & recommendations here. Fix the broken stuff first! I just want to play & have some relax time. TYVM
  • archerbob (AU1)archerbob (AU1) AU1 Posts: 531
    edited 11.02.2018

So then make it an actual farm, an underwater farm!

There are several types of edible sea vegetables that can be harvested: Kelp, Kombu, Wakame, Arame, Dulse, Nori, Irish Moss.  Sea salt can be harvested too.

I want scuba gear and a submarine!

EDIT:  After further thought I dont think its possible... where would worker homes be built?  How would the playable surface be divided... half land expansions and half water expansions?  Or entirely all water expansions?  Perhaps Farmhouse and worker houses could be a floating city built on top the water expansions?  And how would my tractor deco be able to float on top of water. hehehehe LOL.

Perhaps we'll discover the lost city of Atlantis and we'll have mermaids as our workers...

• didah (SKN1)didah (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 1,246
    Make it possible to see what amount ,of which fish, we're currently catching, while the boats are still on Sea.

• Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    My last post was probably too long and covered too many things to be "liked."  I'm sure some people liked some things….  So I will leave this with just one thought for GG.

What ever you decide to do.   TEST IT FIRST!  Find all the bugs, and all the bugs IT creates elsewhere, and do that on YOUR END.   

Then…. set up the test servers already built up enough and already with at least some upgraded ships.
    Unlimited money and gold.  We all get it's a test and we all know how long it takes to earn dollars.
    This is not for us to find bugs, you do that.   This is to find out if people love it, like it, are totally confused by it, or hate it.   Feedback aught to be an easy click right in the game.   Directly linking to a forum thread or what ever.

I would suggest, at least in this test server, that all the already supplied upgraded ships in place you post somewhere what it costed in dollars and time to get it to that point.    We all know how long it takes to do stuff.  That info would help.  
    BTW… making the test server reset to the beginning won't do you any good at all.  It simply takes too long to build up a farm to the point of testing this feature.  So set it up for everyone the same, already built up enough. TEST the feature with the public.

The hardest part is for you all to actually listen.   If some new thing is totally confusing or just not at all enjoyable, SCRAP IT!  

Look, if your sending a rocket to another planet, and spent a good bit of time and money to pay your people to get the math right, and someone figures out the math is wrong, do you let the rocket shoot out into space? Missing the mark?   Or do you correct the problem?   
    The test server is a great way to find out if something is totally missing the mark or not.  And if not, don't push it out anyway. (The whole christmas event comes to mind.)
  • Howdy hard working GGS team

Thank you for taking the time to get feedback from players!
    Idea: Magic islands that appears that are only accessible by certain boats. You can trade off you fish for other game goodies. Small cove on island can only fit motorboat not Trawlers.

Make boats interact with coop village.  A fish processing plant?  That way we can work as a team on fishing.

Appreciate your dedication to the game
    ~iluv
  • holidayrox (US1)holidayrox (US1) US1 Posts: 328
    First and foremost, PLEASE, do NOT try to make this masterpiece of an economic farming game into a basic clicking online game.

The max time possible for productivity level 9 of swordfish, salmon, and cod is 5 hours, but level 10 makes the timer have only 5 minutes.  
    The timer is not working properly at level 10, it is a trap.  This needs to be fixed.  
  • grrr (NL1)grrr (NL1) NL1 Posts: 664

The max time possible for productivity level 9 of swordfish, salmon, and cod is 5 hours, but level 10 makes the timer have only 5 minutes.  
    The timer is not working properly at level 10, it is a trap.  This needs to be fixed.  
    The timer is working as it's supposed to work.
    Lobster, cod, swordfish and salmon can't be run on level 10 for more than a short time, the cheaper fish can.
    You can download a spreadsheet on @CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) 's site.
    http://crazybigfarm.tk/farm/dockyard/dockyard.htm

Lobster, cod, swordfish and salmon can't be run on level 10 for more than a short time, the cheaper fish can.

Why is it designed to be so short?
  • MaryT (US1)MaryT (US1) US1 Posts: 9
    One allow the selling of access boats for CASH, now maybe I'm not seeing it but having to spend money to demolish a boat and not even being able to RECYCLE the materials seems a waste. If you have functional boat and want to get rid of it you should get at least 1/2 of the non-modified cost back. On boats you win perhaps only 1/4 of the actual cost. This cost would not include upgrades. When you get rid of decorations you don't want you can at least recycle them for parts. to improve the other decorations.
    Two it takes to long to cycle through all the fish you can catch. I don't know how you decide what comes up, but I've gone a week without Tuna/Herring or Swordfish set coming up. Lobster's never seem to go away. The shell fish at most has been a day.
    Maybe once a month have a 'free fishing weekend' where all the fish you can catch in the game become available on the fishing farm (I.E. the ones you send Olag for or you go for yourself)
    I have to agree the contracts need rethinking. Over the last 2 months I've gotten 1 contract that didn't include, Shrimp, Oysters, or Mussels. The amount you need doesn't bother me as much as the same things occur. 
    Or included contracts that need fish from the in game fishing. Either in the fish market or general contract board.
    Also in general ALL CONTRACTS should have monetary payout. Those for seeds I can win on the wheel of fortune or chests normally aren't worth the effort to do.
    Increase the number of boats you can have, I'm not sure if the number is a hard target or not, or if you get more boats per level. I know you don't want infinite number of boats, but the current amount you can get is a bit unclear.
    One other fishing idea, on your mini farms that you play for a month. I thought it might be nice if you could catch some of the fish that you have to pay to play for. Example Sturgeon and Catfish on the Norse farm, Hogfish in Hawaii, Goldfish in candy land. So not to get carried way you have to buy a permit for the approbiate type of money to fish.

My To Cents
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    One thing that would be helpful is a kind of drop box for boats you already have built -- you could still limit us to 14 at a time, but we could put boats in the water that fill the need for the particular pool. We could switch them out as needed, like we do with the decos.
    One thing that would be helpful is a kind of drop box for boats you already have built -- you could still limit us to 14 at a time, but we could put boats in the water that fill the need for the particular pool. We could switch them out as needed, like we do with the decos.
    A boat storage area is a good idea, you can store 10 of each boat in the storage and send 14 out at a time, For fast trips, send all motorboats, for overnight trips, send all trawlers.  
  • CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,226

The FHWE finally has a page of it's own on my site that may be of more help. You can find it here...

http://crazybigfarm.tk/events/recurring_annual/hard_worker/FHWE.htm
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    edited 11.02.2018
    Not to be overly critical, but I would break this up into different updates.  Doing all of this at once is insane.  I sense a clusterduck is coming.  The fishing is imperfect, but it works.  I would focus on getting the contracts to include lobster, cod and herring, and some other minor tweaks at first.  That much change is insane.  Plus lately, GGS has demonstrated lately that they do not follow through and fix updates in any reasonable timeframe, and we need to be mindful of this problem.

Meanwhile, adjust the quantities on the Wedding and Food Truck events.  This takes minutes and it is really embarrassing that it has not been done by now.
  • Kim Lewis (GB1)Kim Lewis (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11
    Please don't make radical changes, it's not the same as the original money spinner, and we never knew it would be, but its better now and I make decent profits.  Many gradual changes could be made over time, such as better use of fish by products, not just chum, and that may integrate it into farm life better. Certainly better fish availability at times. Contracts that don't always ask for oysters and clams. Abolish the mini game, or radically improve it, personally I find it very boring.  Lastly, yes I would like to see a whale or similar offering us a bonus for completing an extra tasks, or daily side bar challenges, not the tedious daily ones we are having now.
This discussion has been closed.