Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Feedback - Your Deep Sea Fishing Ideas!

Comments

• Here's an idea...when you are asking for OYSTERS for the HWE that maybe we get pools with oysters in them before and even during the event !!!

This is right up there with the* NO* compensation earlier today

One thing after another...HWE is on...nope..sorry, oh ok, yes now it is

• artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    Here's an idea...when you are asking for OYSTERS for the HWE that maybe we get pools with oysters in them before and even during the event !!!

This is right up there with the* NO* compensation earlier today

One thing after another...HWE is on...nope..sorry, oh ok, yes now it is

I always seem to get them a day or two before the event.  Always.  Even if my boats sit for a day or two filled with oysters, I am ready.
  • Michiru (GB1)Michiru (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,239
    Please give us appearance skins for our boats.
    YES please, agreed! (e.g. pirate sails look to cover the hideous trawler)

Thorim (US1) said
    (..) a way to sell equipment and crew that I don't use (..)

YES agreed! 20 likes yeayy!!

My opinion on other improvement:
    More recipes which involve DSF fish on ALL farms - YES please!
    LESS protection items - e.g. just 3. Too many to choose from, without being obvious what's needed like the rest of the crew. (I always use one of them, and sometimes i still lose fish. Haven't figured out how to use them efficiently - are you truly supposed to use ALL of them for total protection from fish loss?)

Pains listed that I personally do not think are pains at all:
    - no happiness connection -  that's OK!
    - fishing tasks take hours - that's OK! 
    - Oleg's fishing boats - perfectly OK! 
    - fishing mini game not engaging - TRUE yes, but OK! I dont use it at all, and I'm glad it's not necessary for any events (goldfish is the only one ive bothered with, but decided it's too tedious and not worth the final dec imo)
    - I agree with other things listed to be improved
  • I like the idea to have a 1 click for boat loading, and I think once Dev team has the ideas implemented that the new DSF should be run on test server first for us to test with our varied computers; that way we should find any issues not found in your office clean environment tests. Run the test atleast 2 week.
    Also need a way to trade in boats, crew etc we do not use. The boats should also have a different storage from the Decorations tab.
    Also like idea of fast trip times.
  • Rocky123 (IN1)Rocky123 (IN1) IN1 Posts: 627
    I feel that it is best to have one click for loading of boat .
    Most people send it with same combination 99 percent of the times . So its waste of time to keep clicking everytime the same equipments .
    Allow us to have self-made sets like 6 roy and 6 brigette  , and two or three more  and those who are interested can use this option . Let these sets be saved and just by clicking on these sets, the equipments can be filled :) on its own. This might be a difficult thing to do but if done many people will enjoy DSF more for sure :)

Its really a pain filling up the equipments even with the shift option.
    So i hope this will be a good addition to DSF .

• Seeker1 (US1)Seeker1 (US1) US1 Posts: 571
    ONE button to load ALL boats would probably bring about errors...how would it work if you had a mix of different boats in your fleet, motorboats, skipjacks, trawlers, and to mention all at different levels with different number of slots.

Rather, a "load last setup" button, similar to "sow last seed" button would be nice for each individual boat. 
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    I would like to see all the boats (motorboat - trawlers) have 1 or 2 protection slots incorporated into them no matter what level they are.  It may be fine to have the level 1-3 boats have only two slots dedicated for protection and the level 3-6 boats have 3 dedicated protection slots. Then any other unused slot obtained through upgrading the boats can include additional protection devices.
  • Rocky123 (IN1)Rocky123 (IN1) IN1 Posts: 627
    ONE button to load ALL boats would probably bring about errors...how would it work if you had a mix of different boats in your fleet, motorboats, skipjacks, trawlers, and to mention all at different levels with different number of slots.

Rather, a "load last setup" button, similar to "sow last seed" button would be nice for each individual boat. 
    Yes ok this would too do fine :)
    i dint think about that problem as here all trawlers at level 6 .

Please bring this load last setup option  :)
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    Frankly, I'd rather just see the protection items & "Hazards" removed completely.  With the decrease in sales value of fish in both direct sales and contracts, further penalizing fisherman by removing up to 50% of their catch just further devalues the limited profit we currently have. No other mechanic on our farms has a "hazard", and I wouldn't want to see them there, either. Just imagine if your mining a GML and "oh oh, your mine caved in, you lost 500 gold!". Or "Oh, Gee, some of your cows got sick, so you lost 50% of your milk for this harvest".

There's really only 2 changes I'd really like to see - a button for for "last load setup" as Seeker1 suggests above, and a change to contracts to remove the current heavy requirement for shrimp, clams, and oysters.  Close to 95% of my contracts always require one of those 3 things, and I wind up rejecting contracts frequently because of it - reducing the bonus value of the next contract of that type.
  • Seeker1 (US1)Seeker1 (US1) US1 Posts: 571
    Frankly, I'd rather just see the protection items & "Hazards" removed completely.  With the decrease in sales value of fish in both direct sales and contracts, further penalizing fisherman by removing up to 50% of their catch just further devalues the limited profit we currently have. No other mechanic on our farms has a "hazard", and I wouldn't want to see them there, either. Just imagine if your mining a GML and "oh oh, your mine caved in, you lost 500 gold!". Or "Oh, Gee, some of your cows got sick, so you lost 50% of your milk for this harvest".
    I agree, aside from fishing hazards, Big Farm's been a Utopian world. 
    (I really wouldn't consider the "penalty time" from edge seeds a hazard.)

• Xcution (INT1)Xcution (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,183
    the only good option for the dsf is to rearranged the whole contracts don't ask too much oyster clamps shellfish etc as u know there are other fishes and feed too ask thoes 
  • shantam (IN1)shantam (IN1) Posts: 111
    edited 11.02.2018

What about pre-set mods talked about in B.F. tv.

Daniel: It’s just something the developers put in there to save themselves a bit of time. But a lot of people don’t know about this and it’s actually really handy, so you should try it next time you're deep-sea fishing. But this kind of brings us on to the next question about kind of saving time. People asking if there is a possibility to add pre-sets for equipping boats. So that you can already have, you know, rather than having to every time set it up, you could have a pre-set available and then just send that boat out. [54:17/1:05:32]

Dennis: That’s a good idea, I will have to ask the developers how much time that needs, if it’s not that much than this is something we could do in January. But beginning of next year, let's call it beginning of next year. Until Christmas we cannot actually put any of your wishes in there right now because we are totally packed. [54:40/1:05:32]

And my suggestion is here
    Post edited by shantam (IN1) on
  • Shay1968 (US1)Shay1968 (US1) Posts: 1,324
    There is a whole lot of input and ideas I would like to give here but I will not waste my time or energy on a company that can only see dollar signs in every single event or aspect of the game. I understand the company is not a charity and the goal is to make money, however, there is a time and a place for everything and an equal balanced must be maintained at all times to prevent collapse of the game, burn-out, and abuse of its players.

That being said, my suggestion would be to focus on promises made in the past before implementing new strategies for the company to make money.  Once upon a time the game was relaxing and enjoyable; THAT is why I signed up for it.  I did not sign up for what it has become.  I use to enjoy playing as often as possible but now I feel spread far too thin, I do end up spending just as much time - maybe even less - but I no longer enjoy it.   Many aspects were added to the game in a short period of time: The village, the Deep Sea Fishing, Oleg, and the Mermaid bay, as well as the latest barrage of challenges such as the Goldfish rescue, the CHWEs, and back to back CCs.  While I do not mind challenging events or co-op activities, I do not think the game should be based on them.  This was once a relaxed farming simulation game.... not a battle zone.

The focused issues should be:
    Fix the fish market - making contracts more balanced.
    Fix the current pool spawns - making all fish equally available.
    Give us a sell button for the useless items that we earn as "Rewards" that serve no use to us. We should not have to delete "Rewards".

Then perhaps slowly implement some of the great ideas like adding a fast equip button or load all at once button. I would much rather see old broken and unbalanced stuff be fixed before dealing with new broken stuff. 
  • shantam (IN1)shantam (IN1) Posts: 111
    edited 10.02.2018
    I feel that it is best to have one click for loading of boat .
    Most people send it with same combination 99 percent of the times . So its waste of time to keep clicking everytime the same equipments .
    Allow us to have self-made sets like 6 roy and 6 brigette  , and two or three more  and those who are interested can use this option . Let these sets be saved and just by clicking on these sets, the equipments can be filled :) on its own. This might be a difficult thing to do but if done many people will enjoy DSF more for sure :)

Its really a pain filling up the equipments even with the shift option.
    So i hope this will be a good addition to DSF .

Yeah this will do easy our work. :)

• And just a warning to all who simply say it needs to be "rebalanced":  That word means something very different to you than it does to GGS.  When GGS indicates they're going to rebalance it, that very likely means you will receive less reward for more work.  They have specifically stated that they believe the dollars earned here are too high, so you already know they're looking to decrease the income.  If you are advocating a rebalance, please be very specific or I'm sure you will not like the outcome.

My vote:  Please leave it alone.
    @Hawke (US1) The changes that we have asked for, in the contracts, are less frequency & lower amounts of shellfish (mainly oysters & clams) & more frequency & higher amounts of Lobsters.
  • A faster way to load the would be welcomed, Instead of dragging left to right each time, click on the item you want on left side and item is place on whatever square(s) you touch on the right side.

Improved rewards. I can build and destroy Skipjack and Trawler rewards (at least I get something) but nearly everything I trash and get nothing. Either an option to sell rewards or rewards take a different form like a "shipping coin" which we can trade for items we need.

And just a warning to all who simply say it needs to be "rebalanced":  That word means something very different to you than it does to GGS.  When GGS indicates they're going to rebalance it, that very likely means you will receive less reward for more work.  They have specifically stated that they believe the dollars earned here are too high, so you already know they're looking to decrease the income.  If you are advocating a rebalance, please be very specific or I'm sure you will not like the outcome.

@Hawke (US1) The changes that we have asked for, in the contracts, are less frequency & lower amounts of shellfish (mainly oysters & clams) & more frequency & higher amounts of Lobsters.

With respect Hawke makes a valid point.
    I don't know of any player who asked for a rebalance, but we lost over 80% of previous sales value.
    Where as lots of people have called for gold protection, it gets ignored.

Mark
  • didah (SKN1)didah (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 1,246
    CM_Hunter said:

Hi Big Farmers,

If you have an idea, or just want to comment on the pain points above, please do so. If you see someone else’s idea or opinion and agree with them, then please "LIKE" their post! If a post receives more than [20] likes it will be forwarded directly to us by your friendly, neighbourhood moderator team. We are sorry we cannot implement every single idea that is submitted but we are looking for ideas that will benefit all of our players, and so we think this is the best way to handle your feedback on this topic. Seen a post that already has enough likes? Leave a like anyway! The more likes a post gets, the more we know you think it’s an important topic! And votes made with multiple accounts will of course not be counted and are against the terms, so please avoid this ;)

So please, leave your thoughts here, from the small and simple to the wild and wacky! And don’t forget to get voting on your favourite ideas too.

Your CM Team

I see a lot of good ideas in this thread, but it's very difficult to vote, since too often you put many ideas in same post.
    I might like 1 of the ideas listed, but might not like another - so I can't decide to vote or not.
    Also, don't give ggs the posibility, to not carry on your good idea, for same reason.

1 idea , 1 post please :wink:
  • peg9 (US1)peg9 (US1) US1 Posts: 8
    I do not wnat to see the DSF tied in with the other farms, nor used for missions or the CC.  It is working well as it is.  I would like to see more space for boats as one progresses on this element of the game.

The animated fishing game is of limited interest.  I use it only when it is integral to a task in an event.But this is not terribly important to me.  

There is some strategy in the DSF.  Habit drives most of the decisions on the other farms.  Please leave the DSF alone.  Concentrate on keeping the game bug free and running smoothly.  There is lots of diversity in the game even at higher levels.
  • A fish calculator. 

when  you equip  your boat a calculator  that automatically calculates how many fish you will catch with the particular  combination you have used. so if I have 160 fish to catch and send a trawler that fishes for 2.75 hours it would calculate 2.75 x 15 for a boat with nothing added giving you 41 fish but would change each time you add an item. so for 160 fish you would need 4 Roy and 4 John, if you put 5 Roy the calculator lets you know you are over supplying your boat and waisting money.  a calculator would make it easy to equip your boat for the optimum  performance easily.
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    A faster way to load the would be welcomed, Instead of dragging left to right each time, click on the item you want on left side and item is place on whatever square(s) you touch on the right side.

@aussie_mark (AU1)

It will already do that - just hold down the SHIFT key when you click on the item you want to equip on the left side, and it will automatically equip that item on the right side. No dragging required.
  • Hi!

Any change I can only imagine is that it does not involve revenue and profit loss. Nor should it be overcomplicated.

If the protective gear has a greater role, they will occupy the ship, ie reducing the amount of fish caught, ie reducing revenue. This is unacceptable and makes the boat more complicated.

To introduce boldness to fish, I think it is superfluous and makes the game more complicated. There is a need to look at happiness in four places, and this should not be even increased.

The easier to equip fishing boats is a good idea, and the fact that the fishing mini game is being expanded. It also connects Oleg's ships and fishing with deep-sea fishing. But here too, attention should be paid to not reducing revenues and benefits.

It is not a good idea to use deep-sea fisheries to produce products and tools using farm materials. This can make fishing more expensive. But it would be a good idea to sell the Gull Bay food on the market.

• A faster way to load the would be welcomed, Instead of dragging left to right each time, click on the item you want on left side and item is place on whatever square(s) you touch on the right side.

@aussie_mark (AU1)

It will already do that - just hold down the SHIFT key when you click on the item you want to equip on the left side, and it will automatically equip that item on the right side. No dragging required.

Thank you, Just tried it, works well.

Not sure how I missed the shift key loading. The instructions in this game are normally very detailed  :D

Mark
  • janflipflo (GB1)janflipflo (GB1) GB1 Posts: 388
    Maybe we could dismantle surplus boats when Greta visits 
  • Jacc (GB1)Jacc (GB1) GB1 Posts: 89
    Perhaps have contracts for the Mermaid to fill
  • IceeMimi (US1)IceeMimi (US1) US1 Posts: 137
    CM_Hunter said:

Hi Big Farmers,

It has been a little while since we discussed Deep Sea Fishing with you all, but that time has come to an end! In recent weeks there has been a lot of discussion about the issues in the game; not just bugs and errors, but everything like features, events, design and balancing. One of the many points on the list of things the team would like to accomplish was Deep Sea Fishing, and it featured very highly as well. We feel that this event was a fun and interesting introduction to the game that added some depth to the experience. But having said that, we are also aware it suffers from some issues and does not yet live up to the potential that it has. At the same time, we also know you are passionate about this feature and we know you want to see it at its full potential too!

As a result of that, we would like to take some time to present you with some of our pain points for the event, where we feel the problems are and some vague ideas about what we would like to do in order to solve them. Changes can take some time and energy, but we are about to start planning those changes and want you to be involved! 

Please take a look at the pain points (below),

then read on to hear more about how you can help us:

Please bear in mind, these are simply ideas and some of the pain points that we think exist in the feature. They are by no means set in stone and we want to hear what you think! Do you agree with these points? Do you think there are larger issues we haven’t considered?

NOTE: Though it is not featured in this list, we are aware that market contract/pool rebalances have been requested and were promised. They are not included in this list as they are already assumed and will likely be a part of any redesign we do. Since we are requesting new ideas it may be a waste of a suggestion to mention the rebalance, since it is already something we are aware of and this feedback will be provided automatically with the ideas and suggestions you present here as a key topic.

In addition to that, we want to know if you have any specific ideas for us yourself. While we are aware of things like contract or pool rebalances being requested, and will be looking into those topics when it comes time to rework the feature, we also want to know what else you think could be good as part of the feature. Perhaps you had an idea that a magic whale shows up occasionally to give you an extra challenge, but a nice reward if you complete it. Or maybe you would like some more types of fish and equipment you can use. Whether it’s big or small, please share your ideas with us! We would love to see them all. We can’t implement all of them but it can give us a great idea what you want and how we should move forward with this feature.

If you have an idea, or just want to comment on the pain points above, please do so. If you see someone else’s idea or opinion and agree with them, then please "LIKE" their post! If a post receives more than [20] likes it will be forwarded directly to us by your friendly, neighbourhood moderator team. We are sorry we cannot implement every single idea that is submitted but we are looking for ideas that will benefit all of our players, and so we think this is the best way to handle your feedback on this topic. Seen a post that already has enough likes? Leave a like anyway! The more likes a post gets, the more we know you think it’s an important topic! And votes made with multiple accounts will of course not be counted and are against the terms, so please avoid this ;)

So please, leave your thoughts here, from the small and simple to the wild and wacky! And don’t forget to get voting on your favourite ideas too. And a final piece of advice, while we know that there are things you may not like in the feature it is always better to give us a solution as well as a problem. For example, if you think that Oleg’s jacket is too yellow it is better to provide us with some alternatives too, and tell us what colour you would like it to be instead. We of course appreciate all of your feedback, but feedback is often easier to consider and much more clear when alternative solutions are provided, so please bear this in mind ;)

As always, thank you for your endless passion and dedication!

Your CM Team

All the extra boats we win during the FHWE. I have level 6 trawlers times 14. I have had to trash boats I won as my inventory maxed out. Why do these items have two choices. either use them or trash them. How about expanding to a higher number of boats with a couple of extra fishing spots or giving us the ability to sell the rewards not used.
  • dchen1 (US1)dchen1 (US1) US1 Posts: 993
    edited 10.02.2018

And just a warning to all who simply say it needs to be "rebalanced":  That word means something very different to you than it does to GGS.  When GGS indicates they're going to rebalance it, that very likely means you will receive less reward for more work.  They have specifically stated that they believe the dollars earned here are too high, so you already know they're looking to decrease the income.  If you are advocating a rebalance, please be very specific or I'm sure you will not like the outcome.

Be specific,
    In CONTRACTS, NOT in POOLS!!
  • farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    edited 10.02.2018
     If you're going to make the DSF so we need to use the protections, could you change them to something that makes sense?  Sonar to protect from shark attacks? Seriously? No fishing boat in the world has that! What about radar to prevent collisions in the fog? Or GPS?  No lifeboats? Or radio? You couldn't pay me enough to go out to sea without that kind of protection!   We're sinking? animated-shocked-smiley-image-0100  Break out the Ink Bottles! animated-seafaring-smiley-image-0018 
    Post edited by farmerjohn 22 (US1) on
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    edited 10.02.2018
    Really, we don't need hazards and other things to complicate this area.  Can't just one area of the game be left easy, fun, and uncomplicated?  Just one area?  DSF has morphed into a peaceful, pleasurable area that provides much needed R&R.  Surely there are enough frenetic events and aspects of other parts of the game to satisfy those who want it.  Please leave one area for those of us who signed up for a laid-back farming game.  Please.
  • Can the 5 protection items for Storms, Sharks, Whirlwinds, Icebergs & Octopuses being either combined into 1 object or have a clearer explanation of which items are needed in a given area being fished.  

Currently I use 5 slots for protection because there is no way to discern which you need so one has to use all 5 or lose fish.
    I was thinking something along the same thought process:
     IF we were given 5 additional slots used only for protection, separate from crew and equip,
    then I wouldn't have a problem using all 5 types of protection on every voyage
    Example:
    lvl 1 boat = 0 protection slot
    lvl 2 boat = 1 protection slot
    lvl 3 boat = 2 protection slot
    etc,etc.
    lvl 6 boat = 5 protection slot

As it stands, I can afford only 1 slot to put protection--so its sort of a "1 in 5 crap shoot" to guess if the one i choose will guarantee my boat safe passage.
     12 slots is really not enough to put crew, equip, chum, protection, so most times protection is often neglected.
    I like this idea
  • Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    So today…. I need cod for the HWE.   And I need shrimp for a whopper contract I have been hoping to fill for about two weeks now.  NEITHER ONE is available.   

Yea… this whole part of the game is one big snooze.  Sent the boats out anyway, next time I'll need tuna and there won't be ANY so may as well stock up on what ever is out there while it's out there.
    Still this isn't a very fun part of the game.   I can forget about it now for the rest of the day.

Sorry if this has been posted and I didn't "like" it.   Not sifting through this long thread.  GG won't listen to us anyway. 
This discussion has been closed.