Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Feedback - Your Deep Sea Fishing Ideas!

Hi Big Farmers,

It has been a little while since we discussed Deep Sea Fishing with you all, but that time has come to an end! In recent weeks there has been a lot of discussion about the issues in the game; not just bugs and errors, but everything like features, events, design and balancing. One of the many points on the list of things the team would like to accomplish was Deep Sea Fishing, and it featured very highly as well. We feel that this event was a fun and interesting introduction to the game that added some depth to the experience. But having said that, we are also aware it suffers from some issues and does not yet live up to the potential that it has. At the same time, we also know you are passionate about this feature and we know you want to see it at its full potential too!

As a result of that, we would like to take some time to present you with some of our pain points for the event, where we feel the problems are and some vague ideas about what we would like to do in order to solve them. Changes can take some time and energy, but we are about to start planning those changes and want you to be involved! 

Please take a look at the pain points (below),

then read on to hear more about how you can help us:

Please bear in mind, these are simply ideas and some of the pain points that we think exist in the feature. They are by no means set in stone and we want to hear what you think! Do you agree with these points? Do you think there are larger issues we haven’t considered?

NOTE: Though it is not featured in this list, we are aware that market contract/pool rebalances have been requested and were promised. They are not included in this list as they are already assumed and will likely be a part of any redesign we do. Since we are requesting new ideas it may be a waste of a suggestion to mention the rebalance, since it is already something we are aware of and this feedback will be provided automatically with the ideas and suggestions you present here as a key topic.

In addition to that, we want to know if you have any specific ideas for us yourself. While we are aware of things like contract or pool rebalances being requested, and will be looking into those topics when it comes time to rework the feature, we also want to know what else you think could be good as part of the feature. Perhaps you had an idea that a magic whale shows up occasionally to give you an extra challenge, but a nice reward if you complete it. Or maybe you would like some more types of fish and equipment you can use. Whether it’s big or small, please share your ideas with us! We would love to see them all. We can’t implement all of them but it can give us a great idea what you want and how we should move forward with this feature.

If you have an idea, or just want to comment on the pain points above, please do so. If you see someone else’s idea or opinion and agree with them, then please "LIKE" their post! If a post receives more than [20] likes it will be forwarded directly to us by your friendly, neighbourhood moderator team. We are sorry we cannot implement every single idea that is submitted but we are looking for ideas that will benefit all of our players, and so we think this is the best way to handle your feedback on this topic. Seen a post that already has enough likes? Leave a like anyway! The more likes a post gets, the more we know you think it’s an important topic! And votes made with multiple accounts will of course not be counted and are against the terms, so please avoid this ;)

So please, leave your thoughts here, from the small and simple to the wild and wacky! And don’t forget to get voting on your favourite ideas too. And a final piece of advice, while we know that there are things you may not like in the feature it is always better to give us a solution as well as a problem. For example, if you think that Oleg’s jacket is too yellow it is better to provide us with some alternatives too, and tell us what colour you would like it to be instead. We of course appreciate all of your feedback, but feedback is often easier to consider and much more clear when alternative solutions are provided, so please bear this in mind ;)

As always, thank you for your endless passion and dedication!

Your CM Team

Comments

• Tinzen (SKN1)Tinzen (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 473
    Firstly: How to be able to disucss it without a topic to do so?

I am not all in to for having fishing missions. We already have 2 farms in use for it. if we have to flash around (still) all 3 farms, I think it will be too much. Espically with how often we di have CCs.
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    edited 09.02.2018

Warnings and Protections

At the moment these are pointless, logically one must protect against all or none, a one-off decision.
    This could easily be improved by varying the % chance of each warning whilst keeping the overall chance unchanged e.g.
    Currently, let us say, each one is 10% giving an overall figure of 50%.
    Make them 20%, 15%, 10%, 5% and 0% The overall figure is still 50% but some are more likely than others.
    I'm sure that it would be fairly easy mathematically to give those percentages some element of randomness whilst maintaining the overall total and which Warning was most or least likely could also be random.
    Meaningful decisions would be needed for each pool.

Post edited by Uncle John (GB1) on
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    Just reply directly to the thread. It's not locked.
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    edited 09.02.2018
    I honestly think that if you tinker with it, you will ruin it.  Do not like the idea of linking it to the other farms.  Sure, it's a wait and see process, but that's part of its own strategy, a little different than the farms.

If I could change one thing it would be to make it so we can level up our trawlers immediately and not have to reach some mystery level to do so.

Please don't "improve" this feature.  It's finally reaching a livable balance.
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004

Connection to the Farms

Some thoughts off the cuff -
    Allow Protections to be manufactured using Rope, Nalls, Oak, etc. etc. as well as being bought
    Give the option to use Bakery or Restaurant products as part-payment for crew members
    and even more vaguely -
    Using Fish in new Bakery products
    Producing Fish Oil in the Distillary or Fish Sauce for use in the Restaurant

• Seeker1 (US1)Seeker1 (US1) US1 Posts: 571
    edited 09.02.2018
    I agree Oleg's tasks to unlock the dock are unfocused, having to jump around the farms, main, gourmet, flower-- to complete the tasks;  why not include them all in one BOOK of tasks-- similar to how the beginner farm level tasks are setup, or similar to the chapter tasks for the temp farms.

IF your boat encounters a danger, (ie. squid, shark, rough waters) WHEN your boat returns to dock it will need to be repaired, 5-10 minute, similar to how you must repair a prank. (of course the repair time can be skipped with gold).. THIS will give more incentive to use protection.

I'm sure the design team can find a resolution with integration of deep sea fishes back into the game.  How about adding a few Mermaid Bay restaurant recipes (requiring deep sea fishes) that are unlocked within the earlier stages of development of the restaurant.

If you re-balance the fish market contracts that would alleviate a lot of concern.
    As it stands: 99% of the contracts ask for huge amounts clams or oysters.
    That being said, profits are measured through the cost of purchasing crew and equipment,
    and having a happiness-production cost integrated to alter the price of purchasing crew and equipment, and having to re-calculate profit margins each time your happiness changes... well...would make things really complicated.  Why mess up something we players already have in our favor.  (GGS please dont read that last part, hehehehe.)

Lobster Cage / fish availability resolution:
    https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/comment/3678255/#Comment_3678255

And I think I've asked this in several other threads:
    Please give us appearance skins for our boats.
    I want to pretend "Deadliest Catch." B)

Post edited by Seeker1 (US1) on
  • TMKC (IN1)TMKC (IN1) IN1 Posts: 939
    Hello,

We do DSF for dollars, thats set.....No one likes sending boats and waiting for hrs for the fishes and and then      find SOC contracts all over the place. We need dollars fast...so here are the changes we need as players of BF -

1. Make DSF trip times shorter.....we want more fishes per day so that we can complete contracts faster and        earn dollars faster. Decrease the trip time to half or less.
    2. Increase capacity of each pool ...currently each pool holds limited amount of fishes...increase it twice or            more.
    3. Increase boats capacity to hold fishes ... Let each boat carry twice as much fish it does currently.
    4. Increase boats per pool from 4 to 6 ... If you do point no. 2 then we need more boats per pool.
    5. Increase max boats from 14 to more ... Allow us to build more boats. 
    6. Double the current fish prices ... haha this one would be a good idea but i know you wont do it.

Please dont think about adding missions or other stuff to DSF ....first do these....then later think about the other stuff. 

Players of BF......LIke this suggestion to max ...i know you want dollars fast as i do too.......

P.S - GGS...make game more interesting by letting players make dollars from DSF faster.....we dont need yellow jacket of oleg to turn to blue or red....we dont care about the jacket....We need $$$.

Hopefully, you will listen to us.

TMKC
  • Thorim (US1)Thorim (US1) US1 Posts: 197
    How about a way to sell equipment and crew that I don't use I am stuck with things I have no use for which clutter the equipment screen, currently making it harder to equip the boats I do have I can give it away for free which doesn't seem fair
  • A way to set your "favorite" boat load out of crew and materials so you can do a one click fill and send them out.  When you want to do something different for smaller amounts left over etc you can use the click each one to alter so you could probably send out the majority of your boats with 1 click fill, then adjust the last few.
  • TheHawk (US1)TheHawk (US1) US1 Posts: 10
    I agree with Artful.  We've learned how to manage this now, and I personally would prefer you not change it again.  We have plenty of farms, events, competitions, etc. that need constant attention, so this one comes as a welcomed relief.

And just a warning to all who simply say it needs to be "rebalanced":  That word means something very different to you than it does to GGS.  When GGS indicates they're going to rebalance it, that very likely means you will receive less reward for more work.  They have specifically stated that they believe the dollars earned here are too high, so you already know they're looking to decrease the income.  If you are advocating a rebalance, please be very specific or I'm sure you will not like the outcome.

My vote:  Please leave it alone.
  • ddsshhvv (INT1)ddsshhvv (INT1) Posts: 39
    edited 09.02.2018
    *first reaction, before reading* oh no....
    *second reaction, after reading* no. NO. Just Nooooooo....

Following the points:
    .> unlocking the Dock is long and unclear - OK, make the tasks shorter and maybe connected with fishing (not, like, collecting corn or donating milk) and maybe warn somewhere in the task description that the ultimate goal is to open the DSF area
    > some items have little use - the most useless item is lobster cage, for sure. As for dangers and protection, it would be easier if you leave one or two (maximum three) kind of dangers per pool (maybe with more variety, maybe with more % of chance)
    > the Dock doesn't connect to the main farm - and why should it? Producing items for DSF on main farms will just interfere with usual farming and production, occupying mills, factories, what-not - which we are *constantly* using to produce thing we really need on our farms. NO. Just NO. Drop it!
    > availability of certain fish at certain times surely is a problem. But I'm not sure what "fish is available at all times, but with elements of challenge and chance" could possibly be like... Knowing GGS - we would get pools with the most needed fish for gold LOL
    > no link to happiness system - and why should it be there [2]? Yeah, keeping the crew happy with meals...  And where exactly, dare I ask, will we have to *put* this meals? If the answer is "in the available space on the boats, along with (or, more likely, instead of) other, more useful equipment and crew" - then thanks, but NO thanks.
    > hard to include DSF in events - NO. Just NO. Who needs fishing missions in CC? in weekly events? in not-fishing HWE? Not me! Please don't go there!
    > no immediate feedback - and where, dare I ask again, in all this complicated Big Farm, do we have an immediate feedback? All of it is built around the concept of "click and wait". Please don't!
    > interface of setting up a boat - yes, we were asking for a keyboard shortcuts to be a part of the game. Maybe something resembling manual fishing tackle box / supplies shopping interface would be more user-friendly
    > fishing mini-game not engaging - for me, fishing mini-game is fine as it is. No, thank you, I don't need any new kind of challenges here (with unpredictable outcome on top!). Those who don't do manual fishing, don't do it because they don't like it, not because it is not "engaging" or "not challenging"
    > Oleg's fishing boats - are also fine as they are! It's one of the (not so many left) straightforward features in the game, where we can spend some money on renting a boat, send Oleg there and get a _totally_predicable_ result in an hour's time. Why on Earth do you need to combine it with DSF? Leave it be in peace!

• I really like the DSF just the way it is!  You send out a boat and forget about it for a while leaving time to concentrate on all of the other things going on!

Yes it can be frustrating at times, but thats all part of it - if I had to pick one thing to be changed it would be to make the upgrade costs for the boats & dockyard a little more affordable but thats it.  

Yes, it takes a while to unlock it, but it also takes a while to unlock some of the games other features and is all part of progressing through the game.  

Please dont change it!
  • dchen1 (US1)dchen1 (US1) US1 Posts: 993
    edited 09.02.2018
    Dont rely too much on probability, Even if the boat hit all 5 disasters or some other probability based event, it should not cause any major loss, it should still be better than not sending the boat out.  The most distant fishing trip should not require more than half a day. 
    I suggest different probabilities for each type of disaster for example: a distant tuna herring pool could have 20% for storms, 8% for sharks, 10% for whirlwinds, 3% for icebergs, and 0% for octopuses.  

I suggest contracts for both farm products and fish to ask for fish depending on amount in stock and player level. 
    For fish contracts, If there is more swordfish salmon, cod and lobster in stock, it will ask for these and not clams or oysters.  There is no need for a limited contract because all fish has unlimited storage.  
    I also suggest to include the 4 mermaid bay products that use deep sea fish for the fish market but only if there is at least 100 in stock and asked in quantities no more than 30.  
    Post edited by dchen1 (US1) on

Connection to the Farms

Some thoughts off the cuff -
    Allow Protections to be manufactured using Rope, Nalls, Oak, etc. etc. as well as being bought
    Give the option to use Bakery or Restaurant products as part-payment for crew members
    and even more vaguely -
    Using Fish in new Bakery products
    Producing Fish Oil in the Distillary or Fish Sauce for use in the Restaurant

Content should not require being a member of a cooperative, a coop is an optional feature.  
    Reduce requirement for Seafood Bowl and Fried Fish Buffet so it is unlocked at level 3 mermaid bay and fishing level 30.  Clams, shrimp, and oysters should be unlocked early in the game.  

• Boat Loading dialog

I would like to see the workers and equipment used for the type of boat you are loading in a tab rather than the 3 categories there are now.

Instead, when equipping a boat, (say a motor boat for example), the dialog box to select workers from would have a tab for each type of boat. We would then click the motor boat tab and a list of the workers for motorboats will open to select from.

There would be a tab for each type of boat plus a tab for equipment, and a tab for protection.

Much more simple to use. As it is now when trying to load a boat with just basic crew takes 3 tabs.

I'm not sure if I am clear or not but basically have a tab for each type of boats crews.

Tab for Motor Boat = Jim, John and Walter add the option for protection here

Next Tab for freezers and coolers

next tab for specific equipment

The big picture would have tabs for:

Motor Boat, Runabout, Norfolk Wherry, Skipjack, Trawler, Freezers & Coolers, and Specific Equipment

7 tabs like we have now only in categories for specific types of boats

• mia111 (GB1)mia111 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 741
    Just don't change too many things at once. What I like from the deep fishing is that it is straight forward (equip a boat, send the boat, get the fish) and requires low management (which gives you time to play the other farms). On the pain items the two that I feel that are an issue are (other points not mentioned here are not a pain IMO and I would really wish they are not modified):

1. Some items currently have little use or not value: aka the lobster fish cage and the protections. There is no point in using the protections if the chance of encounter each type of disaster is the same for a certain pool. Change this so that the chance of encountering each one is different. Do not increase the penalty of fishes lost though.

2. Currently certain fish is not available when needed: allow to add items to whatever pool to try to attract certain type of fish with certain probability.

Additional thing not on the list:
    Fish hard worker event: allow to select prizes. Currently certain crews are useless and the only thing we can do is either use them with a penalty (for not having the right boat) or delete them (not much of a prize). Also I do not want more boats, I want an alternative (I get at least 2 each FHWE as hard working rewards).
  • HappyEd1 (US1)HappyEd1 (US1) US1 Posts: 36
    edited 09.02.2018

1. Please do not tie into other farms- this is where I make most of my money to help run everything everywhere. And it would only tie up buildings and other resources needed for already stretching amount of events, esp. way to many CC's! 2. A higher percentage of clams in holes would be nice- I am often needing clams for all 6 Fishing contracts at once. Clams come less frequently and in lower numbers than others    3. What am I to do with all the ships I am accruing in FHWE's? Even Santa would not give me anything for them?  At least sell or trade for something else? Oh yeah- and any other items for boats I do not use as well.    4. One click standard crew and equipment would be nice, but I can l can live with the click & shift button if necessary.    5. You rebalanced the fish prices and we lost big bucks. Sometime this past year you rebalanced the organic market and I now get pitiful % profits there. Pleas do not rebalance the fish market, I am actually making some money there.     6. I am doing quite well with the rest as is Thank You.

• NormaHelen (US1)NormaHelen (US1) US1 Posts: 262
    As mia111 stated, some of the prizes are crew that are useless. I gave all my excess crew to santa's wheel in December & I already have a whole lot more. I don't want to wait to December to clear them out. The crew that I don't need is pushing the supplies that I do need to another tab. I also have a bunch of boats in inventory that are supposed to be prizes but I have no use for them. If you want people to try hard to do well at the FHW you need to give prizes that they actually want. A boat for a top 50 placement is not incentive to work hard.

Please give us an option to pick a prize that would be of benefit to someone with a well developed fleet.

I would also like to see a way to trade in or sell extra crew & ships I already have. They are supposed to be prizes for hard work, but I have no use for them. I would like to be able to get something out of these prizes I have earned & get them out of my inventory so it won't be so cluttered.
  • shazamd (US1)shazamd (US1) US1 Posts: 766
    I think fixing the contracts and pools would take care of most problems.  Most of the above solutions will overly complicate things.
  • DON'T!!!!!!

I agree with the posts above that worry that changes will mean less profit. It has happened before, it WILL happen again. 

*If* you are bored and absolutely HAVE to fiddle with DSF... how about making it so that we can sell the equipment we don't need (instead of getting rid of it for free). Or maybe making it quicker to load the boats, like using tabs for different boats or something.

That's it. Leave the rest ALONE. Please just this one thing that actually works like it should, leave it as it is.

Don't fix what isn't broken.
    And again: DON'T FIX WHAT ISN'T BROKEN!
  • garybaldy (GB1)garybaldy (GB1) GB1 Posts: 502
    Since the infamous nerf, it is rarely worthwhile to use storage on boats as it wipes out the profit .I would like to see a reduction in price on storage and crew to reflect the lower value of the fish , one of the best things on the original DSF was you could adjust your boat fishing times to suit your playing style, if out all day could send on long trips .
    The fish market just needs adjusting, so less shellfish in contracts to reflect the fish available, and fewer "valuable rewards" , most of us still have more expensive expansions to buy, and no doubt the coming Volcanic Farm will be eye-wateringly expensive .
    More variety of fish might be worth looking at , would allow more dishes in Mermaid Bay , now there is no great reason to advance your fishing level once you unlock Fisherman's Delight .
    I second all the above comments on being able to dispose of unwanted inventory items for at least some dollars,
    but am dreading the inevitable rebalance of Fishing Hard Worker that will be coming ....... :'(  :'(
  • Most especially Leave Oleg's boats alone. I swear it will be the last straw if that is messed up. I will not be the only one to leave this game if that happens. Many players rely on those boats.
  • Do the developers and community managers know their game?

There is already connection to the farms through Mermaid bay and the Lab. Those things use fishes of all types.

The reason I avoid the mini game at the dock is there is too much to click on. It is best to do with bait for other fish, which I don't want lose through collecting other things.

There is no issue with the time of boat travels. I get trawlers back from most pools in 2 to 3 hrs.

The 2 commments I have liked: Don't change anything. And increase the number of fishes at the pools to help balance the contracts.
  • woodenskull (US1)woodenskull (US1) US1 Posts: 158
    I think it would be fun if the restaurant was more interactive. Maybe turn it into a constant money generator rather than just selling items from your inventory. You would need to keep all menu items stocked up to keep generating at its highest potential. You could add employees like Chefs, waiting staff, etc.  that could be hired and leveled up to increase profits.  Maybe you could spend part of your profits on advertising to bring in more business. Add various amenity upgrades that would  increase the restaurants "appeal rating" like a pick your own lobster tank, a wine cellar, or live music.
    edited 10.02.2018
     I agree, fix everything before adding new content.  
    Fix bugs, Rebalance, Make things understandable, Test and test again, Listen to feedback.

Make sure everything works as intended
    Make sure every feature is worth the time and resources so it can be used by players
    Make sure players are aware of how something works
    Make sure changes are ready to be added to the game
    Make sure the players are satisfied with the features

Only after every single feature in the game works well, make existing features even better and add a few new features that have little or no major problems.  
  • marywisc (US1)marywisc (US1) US1 Posts: 176
    I always have a lot of lobster holes and I have never seen one contract for lobsters. Why is that??
  • archerbob (AU1)archerbob (AU1) AU1 Posts: 531
    edited 10.02.2018
    Can the 5 protection items for Storms, Sharks, Whirlwinds, Icebergs & Octopuses being either combined into 1 object or have a clearer explanation of which items are needed in a given area being fished.  

Currently I use 5 slots for protection because there is no way to discern which you need so one has to use all 5 or lose fish.

Also on a side note, why has both the FHWE and the goldfish event started together (not to mention the balloon hunting event already running), it's both confusing and frustrating to players to contend with multiple events at once!
  • ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
    edited 12.02.2018
    I think there needs to be some changes, for example protection crew and lobster cages are almost useless at the moment and the contracts are very unbalanced in what they ask for. But I think it is more important to focus  on other parts of the game at the moment, there are many features with larger issues than this. For example, very few players will be able to complete the wedding planner weekly event at level 3 without gold. And most of the players who do will be very active and will have a fully built flower farm.

Recently, there have been a lot of issues with the new events/features that have been introduced into the game and a lot of those issues have not been resolved. I presume you are already working very hard to fix this, but I don't think it will work too well to take time away from this to start working on new concepts to completely change the dockyard. It is not perfect, but at the moment it does work reasonably well. I can agree that some changes are needed, but at the moment it is not the right time when there are many other events that need some changes more urgently.
    Post edited by ninjahuman (AU1) on
  • Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    First, when it came out it was EXTREMELY expensive to upgrade boats.  BUT we could sell fish and make really good profit.   Everyone loved that so why it was pulled is beyond all logic to me.
    When that rug was ripped away, I pretty much stopped fiddling with the whole area. Boats are sent out empty, get what they get, and ever so rarely I can actually fill a contract.   Fun=almost zero.

So ok, it's up for a much needed redo.   And I know already some people won't like change no matter what it is.
    That being said, one of the biggest down sides to just about every new thing in this game is total lack of instruction IN GAME.   Not coming to the forums to try and figure out what stuff does.  There are quite a few things in this game I never did figure out, don't play, and don't care.  If I can't learn what it does and how right in the game, I'm not interested.
    Again…..  IN GAME.   What it is, what it does, how to use it, what you might gain by using it.   Pretty much everything in here has a little [ i ] button.  But the INFO that should give is lacking.  And please don't tell me about how hard it is to program in multiple languages.  I think most people who play now, know how to pull up google translate.  Looking up info is not something one would need to do often.  So do it in two languages.  Just put info on how stuff works IN THE GAME. Maybe include instruction to use a translator. Or if google allows, just put a link there. 

I like the idea that all fish are available all the time. In varying amounts, fine.  Beats needing one thing and not having it for days on end.  

I would like it if we could equip all boats ONCE… and also let them stay equipped without having to redo it every time we send them out.   Perhaps a small number showing how many more crew or poles or what ever we have left.  Also what exactly each would do would be nice.

I would like the idea of some form of fast fishing….. in fact I kept one of each of the lower quality boats kinda hoping this whole area would get a rework.   Maybe certain boats could be geared more for certain things.  Speed boats, for speed.  Smaller catches, but faster.   Sail boats, more for coastal stuff.  Shrimp and the like. Trawlers best for deep sea.  This would also give different equipment more value if used only on the right boat.  RIght now all we have are boats that can hold more and more but length of time is all the same.  Well pretty much, send um and walk away cause it will be hours before you can do anything.
    Why not have motor boats that can zip out and catch a cooler full of fish and come right back.  Say in a half hour.  Or even if the pools themselves where shorter times based on how close to shore they are.  Trawlers would be the big catchers, and the slowest.  But right now there isn't much difference time wise.  
    (I know this one will tick a lot of people off who already have entire fleets of all level 6 trawlers.  SO…. maybe add more boat slots so they don't have to dismantle those expensive upgraded boats.  Just get more.  Be no different than expanding the farms with more land to buy wouldn't it?)  

I don't like the assorted random catastrophes.   Who does?  Unless GG wants to add storms, tornados, floods and the like to the rest of the farm, why only for the boats?   I'd rather you all trash that whole idea.  Certain boats for certain fish, certain equipment ON specific boats do specific things.  If I send out a boat, equipped and it loses it's catch due to not adding a thing a ma bob,  phoey.  This is just a game. Lets keep the catastrophes out of it.  Enough of that in real life.

The side fishing game is and always has been lame.  Sorry but no solution to that.  It's lame.  Lose it.  
    Even the graphics are lame.  Fish don't have eyelids and therefore do not blink.
    I can say sending oleg out on a boat has a lameness to it as well.   WHY are we shown three boats???? 
    Only one I have ever used, IF it is available is on the far left.  Any advantage from one boat to another, I haven't seen yet.  Again he gets what he gets.  Making sure to get some bass every day to fill the sidebar task.
    (Ok, suggestion, might want to switch up those sidebar tasks.  Same ones every single day got old.  Maybe wait till you see what the task is before deciding what batch of fish to go for would help there.)

Linking in fish with the rest of the farm????  As in, maybe you can't plant corn unless you have some fish fertilizer you can only make by catching certain fish?  (Just a made up example.)  
    I'd say NO NO NO NO to that.  For one thing it makes this game more and more complicated.  And not everyone has or even wants the deep sea fishing.   One of the best things about this game is that we can play what we like and ignore what we don't.  Each farm should be able to produce all it can with stuff grown or harvested on that same farm.    Frankly this aught to go with the whole coop village thing as well.   Grow side crops THERE.  Put decor to effect it THERE.   Like the goldfish.  In fact get the stupid little bugs to fly out of normal farm crops PLANTED THERE.   (hate that whole area, on my ignore list for sure.)  

Lastly, please do NOT over complicate this.  This game is a simple balancing act.  That's all it ever was.  Not a war, not a competition, just keep workers happy, grow what you need to make what ever sells, upgrade… like that.   This is the game I signed up with and have enjoyed for the most part.   The overly complicated or high pressure events can take a hike.   Please keep the DSF simple.   with instructions IN GAME.  
  • Seeker1 (US1)Seeker1 (US1) US1 Posts: 571
    edited 10.02.2018
    Can the 5 protection items for Storms, Sharks, Whirlwinds, Icebergs & Octopuses being either combined into 1 object or have a clearer explanation of which items are needed in a given area being fished.  

Currently I use 5 slots for protection because there is no way to discern which you need so one has to use all 5 or lose fish.
    I was thinking something along the same thought process:
     IF we were given 5 additional slots used only for protection, separate from crew and equip,
    then I wouldn't have a problem using all 5 types of protection on every voyage
    Example:
    lvl 1 boat = 0 protection slot
    lvl 2 boat = 1 protection slot
    lvl 3 boat = 2 protection slot
    etc,etc.
    lvl 6 boat = 5 protection slot

As it stands, I can afford only 1 slot to put protection--so its sort of a "1 in 5 crap shoot" to guess if the one i choose will guarantee my boat safe passage.
     12 slots is really not enough to put crew, equip, chum, protection, so most times protection is often neglected.
This discussion has been closed.