Home EN Suggestions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Accountability noted in Chat/Activity - Coop Upgrades & Voting

Comments

• Thanks :-) Yes, narrow down the list, but at the same time makes it more difficult.
    All members can vote for upgrade and all members can donate for upgrading. And that is not good if there is something we absolutely not will upgrade. It happens anyway. And there is no way to find out who did it. Therefor the leader should be able to block donations and upgrades. Maybe more easy than making lists on who did what.
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    I agree entirely.
    The current set-up is a disaster waiting to happen.
    We have appointed "Village Managers" who start things and we are blessed with a fabulous team who don't.
    but it could so easily be a nightmare. I like the idea of being able to block upgrades.
  • Thanks :-) I think a lot of leaders agree. It is a nightmare when you have a vision and your coop is going good. And suddenly... It isn´t. So we are looking forward to one or two new gadgets here :-)
    If we can block upgrades , it is more easy to direct donations into what the coop wants to upgrade next. I think it will work out just fine :-)
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    I agree, too.  Even though new members are told what is expected in the Village, things get messed up, anyway.  We're going through that right now, and we haven't been able to figure out who did what or why.  Now everyone is feeling suspicious -- and we're a happy, laid back coop.  Hate it.

• dchen1 (US1)dchen1 (US1) US1 Posts: 993
    edited 04.02.2018
     If I can see how long ago was the most recent donation in the ring menu, I can prevent break cost more easily.  Opening windows takes longer than a ring menu.  
  • Artful - so agree with you :-) Hope we can get the gadget really soon :-)

dchen1 - Hiihi, then you have something to do when you are waiting for things to grow and get ready? I always take that round when I harvest the farm In the morning and am in the village to take care of the horse and fill up the boat :-) Once ever 24 h is enough for each factory. In our coop a number of members do donations every day, and that keeps the cost down.
  • Please hurry on the gadget to block donations / upgrades in the village. Our coop is in for a disaster! Someone donates every day even though we ask everyone not to,- every day.
    See it on the breakcosts. Staying at 1% = someone donates more than every 24 hours.
    So please?
  • julie4 (GB1)julie4 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 2
    i think it would be a good idea to have an ACCEPT or DECLINE button for village challenges
    i think it would be a good idea to have an ACCEPT or DECLINE button for village challenges
    Yes, yes, and yes.  Frankly, we'd like an "opt out" button from the thing altogether.
    Accept or decline wouldn't work. This is a ladder competition, you could effectively prevent some co-op that was much, much better than you from moving up. It would have to be a "You Win" button giving them a bye.
    (but all you really have to do is choose to ignore the challenge and just farm normally)
    Accept or decline wouldn't work. This is a ladder competition, you could effectively prevent some co-op that was much, much better than you from moving up. It would have to be a "You Win" button giving them a bye.
    (but all you really have to do is choose to ignore the challenge and just farm normally)
    Well, maybe that "decline" button would move them up automatically -- a little different than the "You Win" button which would garner them points as well.  We just farm normally, and win a few now and then. Since its inception, we probably dropped just 10-20 points without lifting a finger. :)

• holidayrox (US1)holidayrox (US1) US1 Posts: 328
    Please hurry on the gadget to block donations / upgrades in the village. Our coop is in for a disaster! Someone donates every day even though we ask everyone not to,- every day.
    See it on the breakcosts. Staying at 1% = someone donates more than every 24 hours.
    So please?
    okay, I am a little confused now. Why would it matter if someone donates to the buildings? Keeping the break costs below 1% is what you WANT. As long as no one starts the upgrade, it really doesn't hurt anything to donate to a building. 
    Please hurry on the gadget to block donations / upgrades in the village. Our coop is in for a disaster! Someone donates every day even though we ask everyone not to,- every day.
    So please?
    okay, I am a little confused now. Why would it matter if someone donates to the buildings? Keeping the break costs below 1% is what you WANT. As long as no one starts the upgrade, it really doesn't hurt anything to donate to a building. 
    I agree with you but the sting is in your last sentence "As long as no one starts the upgrade". Once it is fully donated this is a very easy mistake for someone to make, the game drives you to vote and automatically starts the upgrade once there are enough votes  :¬(
    We compromise by donating 1 nail per day but the ability to block either the upgrade or the donations would save a lot of agro and stress.
  • dchen1 (US1)dchen1 (US1) US1 Posts: 993
    I agree, If I dont get enough village happiness, I will not donate lots of materials, but I will donate 1 material to prevent break cost because when there is about 100000 nails in an upgrade, 1% would be 1000 nails.  
  • Lylu (INT1)Lylu (INT1) INT1 Posts: 448
    As far as I have seen Break Costs % only applys to the amount you have already donated. 

If you have completed the amount requested for an item break cost do not apply to that item.

edited 15.04.2018
    I second this. We also have a system in place, but the voting negates all controlled growth. Members are reminded not to vote, but accidents happen. We had an upgrade start that threw everything else off kilter. The voting system makes no sense when only about a third of the membership can decide against the majority.

It also forces the leaders to monitor the facilities constantly to try to control this ("try" being the operative word as there is no control within the system as it's set up now), and it is one major pain in the backside.
    Post edited by artful (US1) on
    edited 10.11.2018
    Could we please know who votes to upgrade in the Village.?

After talking with other coop leaders, this is a problem for a lot of us. Even though members are asked not to vote to upgrade a building or pond in the Village (risking the possibility of messing up scheduling, or doing an upgrade that isn't necessary), invariably, people continue to vote, either because they are loose cannons who think they know better than everyone else, or they do it by accident.

It would be an enormous help if when any votes are cast to upgrade, it shows up in chat like it did for who started a VL challenge, when someone makes a donation, or the upcoming change to the VF allowing this feature.

Thanks.
    Post edited by WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) on
  • Summer (SKN1)Summer (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 844
    Do we even need that feature (vote to upgrade)? Maybe removing it would be better?! It is more a bother and headache then anything else. Undermines the co-ops plans.

Cheers :) 
    edited 11.10.2018
    Do we even need that feature (vote to upgrade)? Maybe removing it would be better?! It is more a bother and headache then anything else. Undermines the co-ops plans.

Cheers :) 
    Good point. We really don't need it. 33% does not a majority make. But, I was thinking that showing in chat who voted might be easier and quicker to fix than eliminating the vote -- eliminating would be ideal, though. :)
    Post edited by artful (US1) on
  • "It would be an enormous help if when any votes are cast to upgrade, it shows up in chat like it did for who started a VL challenge, when someone makes a donation, or the upcoming change to the VF allowing this feature."

Totally agree, artful.  
  • Xcution (INT1)Xcution (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,183
    Show us who vote who start things
  • Exxy (INT1)Exxy (INT1) INT1 Posts: 2,602

Yeah, its fairly impossible to plan/manage those constructions, we have been trying to messages about everything and plan everything, but it always get started

due to having a minimal amount of vote needed, so lots of people just clicks by default without looking/caring much :)

its really disliked here as well ( it seems connected to losing the facility for 3+ days )

Which lets be honest, is a little rough :)

• The anonymous way a player can start an upgrade in the village definitely dampens team spirit.  We have experienced many problems because of it.  It would be nice if it was revealed in the chat line as is other activities. 
  • Absolutely agree with this idea! I am becoming VERY frustrated with the inefficiency of this in our co-op village. 
  • Absolutely, yes!  Please make this information known in the game!!!  We send notice to all new members about upgrades being decided and started by our deputies, but it is NOT heeded and we need to know who is doing what. Yes, accidents happen, but we have had repeat offenders. At least the co-op founder should have access to this information.
    You may want to send out a message to all your members not to vote on the buildings. Once a building has all it's votes the upgrade will start on it's own. That is what we had to do and it is working great.
    It takes more than sending out messages --- new members, disgruntled members, forgetful members -- can all mess things up regardless of how many messages you send out.
    The anonymous way a player can start an upgrade in the village definitely dampens team spirit.  We have experienced many problems because of it.  It would be nice if it was revealed in the chat line as is other activities. 
    Yes it would! I agree with an earlier post that the voting system for upgrades should be removed, but until then, knowing who votes would help a lot.
  • JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    edited 31.10.2018
    How about a lock on everything so no one can do anything....  Some things need to be handled by the peeps, as hard as that may be, not the game maker... I for one do not want GGS putting a lock on everything I do in this game, I listen to those in charge of my coop and respect the leadership and directives, yes accidents will happen, but no need to shame them... it is a game and should be played  for  fun.... it is not the end  of  the world, but an inconvenience if something is started unexpectedly, If your peeps in the coop don't listen, get rid of them all... or don't make them deputies or whatever... Stop  with the locks for everything,  stop  with the put up a name so  we can shame  them...  I really don't know the answer, but I don't want to have to ask permission for all I do in this game.. and yes, I know, I don't have to join a coop to avoid this issue... something to think about!

Edit: just needed to vent a little about all these locks and put up names and... and... ignore me!  Thanks
  • Only a deputy or coop leader can start a research or project, the same should be for upgrades or construction in the village.  We are experiencing a lot of problems with upgrades in the village and have no way of knowing who is creating these problems.  This is extremely frustrating.  Please...Big Farm...change this!!!
  • Did this every go any where? This is such a problem for new users. We explain rules to new members but they "accidentally" start the donation process.  Then its left to the others to maintain.  They start it, donate and then ghost out on the whole project. 

Thanks for listening.. 
Sign In to comment.