Home EN Suggestions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Length & Frequency of Coop Championship

Comments

• I totally agree, I used to enjoy the coop challenge , but not now.  Too many too soon.  You dont have time to even restock.  I think we should all make sure we do not buy or spend gold during the next one . I dont even play the events that come up anymore.  I am about ready to quit myself.   
  • Lesley52 (GB1)Lesley52 (GB1) Posts: 1,590
    edited 04.02.2018
    I have been playing 4 years in March but now am offline more than on and I played up to 8 hours daily. Lucky if I do that weekly now.  I have not got the expansions tacked on last year, dont want to put in the time to earn the 100s of millions they cost. I dont do daily mission or CC or HW or even weekly event now, its become blah cannot be bothered. I hang on for volcanic island and because I think GGS is trying to drive away players so that it can close the game and relaunch something similar. My co=op had expanded to take 45 players  now only 23 in co-op of those 5 are red dots, some orange . This is what  GGS have done to what used to be a fantastic fun to play game
    Post edited by Lesley52 (GB1) on
  • Mac56 (GB1)Mac56 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 353
    Totally agree I for one am getting fed up and really not enjoying it as much as I used to. I also dread the CC timer appearing. Perhaps we should all boycott the CC and the events until GGS takes notice of what we are all saying.  GIVE US A BREAK GGS.  
  • e c burger (INT1)e c burger (INT1) INT1 Posts: 69
    Woooow and here i thought they would listen to us for surely the vote must have been for once a month...... Now to my surprise another Coop Challenge!!!!!

GGS..... Please Most of us do not want ever but ever see another Coop Challenge or Coop Silo Event...

Mumble grumble :(((((((

With all the boring challenges my light is more white than green..
  • Much as I agree that there are just too many events, GGS maybe looking at the levels of tired players and/or how long they have been playing and thinking that over time they have become bored or that the game has lost its initial appeal.  So as a relative newbie, I'll say it too!  Its overwhelming everyone by the seems of things, veterans of the game, mid-levels like myself and brand new players alike.  They are all good events - just too many of them.  

Why not have each one in rotation on a weekly basis?  So, week 1 CHWE, week 2 FHWE, week 3 Co-op challenges, week 4 Goldfish rescue or pig rescue etc.  The same with the individual theme events, week 1 Asia, week 2 Culinary, week 3 UFO, week 4 Wedding planner (at a more realistic level please!).  That way we would have a maximum of two events at any one time - plus the island farm - which is more than enough.  It would make the events actually feel like events and not just another part of the daily game.  

Also when there is one 'big' event stop the others - the big events could be special times of the year, Christmas, Chinese New Year, July 4th, a month long Summer Sun event, I dunno - there are so many possibilities.  

Enough of my ramblings - but I guess you know what I mean.

• mia111 (GB1)mia111 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 741
     The same with the individual theme events, week 1 Asia, week 2 Culinary, week 3 UFO, week 4 Wedding planner (at a more realistic level please!).  

You know that you can ignore these events all together, right? You can choose what you want to play, you don't need to play the individual events. I would rather not have them as you propose as I only care for a certain one and if they put more in the queue, the longer that certain one would take to come again.

For the coop champ, yes, please, less. Those one cannot ignore as they please as it is a joint coop decision and it has penalties for not participating even once... which is what makes it dreadful that is so often. If there weren't leagues, coops could ignore it as many times they pleased without major penalties (except for the trees/trophies that expire).
  • GrammaLeah (US1)GrammaLeah (US1) US1 Posts: 611
    As mentioned before one of them is at level 64 and has finished level 3 camping event twice, both decos are placed and show in the tower. 
    No option to choose, each time it comes up as level 3.
    Oh well, guess she'll just need to deal with it.

• bulubla (INT1)bulubla (INT1) INT1 Posts: 99
    All our Co-Op is suffering from CC burnout , we were in silver league last time & we'll be in gold this CC, the plan is do a little as possible & drop to silver again.
    The 4 day turnaround is way to much, throw in the useless CHWE it's not worth the pain, it's time for a rest
  • Michiru (GB1)Michiru (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,239
    probably the wrong thread, but hey. Another CC started (and unlike most of you i do not expect monthly cc rate to decrease at all despite the majority vote asking for it, since few yet consistent people keep spending bucket loads of gold each cc...) Just wanted to voice my flabbergasted frustration of getting a solo egg mission.... i thought the bug of solo missions during cc's got taken care of? Is it back?
  • Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    It seems like we JUST finished a coop championship.   One started again today?
    Wasn't there JUST a pole out asking how often this should run?  When I voted it was well over 90% in favor of ONCE A MONTH.  Then the poll vanished.  I would assume because more than enough people said ONCE PER MONTH is plenty.
    But here it is again?

It's not much of a "championship" if it's running virtually non stop.   IT gets boring real fast.
    Instead of looking forward to an event, it's become more of a chore.

And once again GoodGame does NOT seem to give a hoot what the players think.  Even when THEY ask.
    I SO agree.  Events are only events when they don't come around all the time.  Something to look forward to.
    But "events" here now are non stop.  As soon as one ends another starts.  And when it's a coop event, one where everyone needs to pitch in or the whole team suffers, that puts pressure on where there never was before.  

I asked my coop and overwhelmingly they agreed we can just take it back a notch.  No one bothers with the village challenges now.  NO one cares about the high pressure all or nothing coop events.  Laid back, play to have fun, that's enough.   

But I'm in two other coops that are very active and I feel the pressure to be sure to log in, complete missions, work work work.   I HATE the direction this game has gone.  I like the people in those coops but am tempted to just go solo and not worry about letting anyone down.

GG seems to think everyone playing has no life.  Sit here and click this silly game all day every day.  Or spend money…. NOT going to happen from me.  
    And the higher I level up, the more impossible events get to ever complete.
    Once again that gourmet farm one is on, and it's clear that once again I wont' even find HALF the carrots it's asking for.   I'll never get through that one.  OR the flower farm one they started.  But at least my not playing them doesn't pull everyone else down.   

So tonight, I hoped to harvest, replant and leave.  Well I suppose I still could, not help my team?  Seems a bad way to play.    

I liked it better when we just worked our own farms in our own good time.   
  • qewt (US1)qewt (US1) US1 Posts: 161
    edited 05.02.2018
    1. that poll was a suggestion by the players not an official request by the developers.
    2. it was closed because the overwhelming majority did vote for 1x per month, the information was there for them, there would be no point in leaving it open for even more people to vote for 1x per month when over 90% of the votes were already there.
    3. there has not been enough time to act on the poll regardless of whether or not they even plan to.

again it was a player suggestion not requested by developers and they may not listen to it at all.

I voted 1x per month, I'm not holding my breathe.
    Post edited by qewt (US1) on
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    probably the wrong thread, but hey. Another CC started (and unlike most of you i do not expect monthly cc rate to decrease at all despite the majority vote asking for it, since few yet consistent people keep spending bucket loads of gold each cc...) Just wanted to voice my flabbergasted frustration of getting a solo egg mission.... i thought the bug of solo missions during cc's got taken care of? Is it back?
    Got you beat there.  I had a solo wildflower mission. LOL!
  • The poll was there to let the "angry mob" vent their frustrations. The result was overwhelming, more than 90% only want a monthly Coop Championships. Leaving the poll open could generate further negative feedback.

Reducing the frequency of the Coop Championships, will reduce income. I'm not expecting to see any change until some other event is introduce which will make up for the short fall.

My understanding is that farming communities have an annual event and help each other. In this "farming game" putting player against player in events like this seems more like the Hunger games.
  • CIN SOON (INT1)CIN SOON (INT1) INT1 Posts: 136
    edited 05.02.2018
    Sometime I will think, why I can't have a free day, why every day must have at least 1 event (some event I don't like).
  • And here we are not even 12 hours into the first day ...they've loaded the CoOp Champs again and now the game is chugging along and not down-loading. No matter that I clear and refresh daily and do my maintenance YOUR program is all botched again; still I'm guessing. There's no point doing any events or counting on your schedule time to come and play. I want to come in after dinner do my night-flip and long plant...it's pointless. Great I got 4 days smooth play of near 3 weeks. I really don't think you have people knowing what they're doing. This is so upsetting & frustrating So much hard-work, effort and REAL cash loss daily with this mess Have you no consideration to your membership? I'm really tired of you stickin it to the players
  • I should also add...I don't bother with any event nor the new Food truck...can't play as it chugs along. No one left in the co-op just the 2 of us and  I do all the work. Just do my edge planting for the Village Boat (sometimes when I get on before it leaves) My arthritic hands are so sore banging on the keys trying to get any action...and I just can't sit here for 2 hours trying to get through the basics. It's just killing my broken back...don't have much else I can do during winter. But this upset is really hazardous to my health & well being
  • janflipflo (GB1)janflipflo (GB1) GB1 Posts: 388
    Got you beat there.  I had a solo wildflower mission. LOL!

Amounts being posted in missions i have done is ludicrous.  I feel the poll was a waste of time :(
  • Tinzen (SKN1)Tinzen (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 473
    Give it ½ year - 1 year before we see an REDUCE in it....

There is a long way I image - and at least I - dont know how it looks like on the other servers, if they are just as fed up with them as we are. No mention about it. I dont think that they listen too much to what 1 forum says (even we do cover a few servers).

And then it most likely have to be taken up to some meetings I could image, to discuss, how to calm us down with the unhappiness. And then again - how does it look like on the other forums?

So its a long term thing to get it less.
    The poll was there to let the "angry mob" vent their frustrations. The result was overwhelming, more than 90% only want a monthly Coop Championships. Leaving the poll open could generate further negative feedback.

Reducing the frequency of the Coop Championships, will reduce income. I'm not expecting to see any change until some other event is introduce which will make up for the short fall.

My understanding is that farming communities have an annual event and help each other. In this "farming game" putting player against player in events like this seems more like the Hunger games.

Well… Here's the problem with their thinking.  It's burning people out.  Instead of making money, they are chasing players off.

Events, aren't events if they are run almost non stop.  I asked my UK coop after the whole christmas mess if we would all want to just ignore any and all of these coop vs coop high pressure events.  And got back an overwhelming YES.    So we are very laid back, easy going… probably never will "win" a top spot but that's ok.  We plug along doing our coop projects, and when the CC rolls around, there are prizes for everyone any time someone does a mission.  But no pressure to perform.  

Well the other two coops I'm in are both contenders.  Both have won the gold coop trees, and we do get a LOT of prizes.  Now the US coop is big.  Even if everyone doesn't put in time that coop will have no problem doing well.  And the leader is fantastic about not putting pressure on anyone.

The international coop is also a top contender.   Little more pressure, they have sent out notes that everyone needs to…… what ever.  But this week the leader sent out a note asking if someone wants to take over.  She is burned out with the non stop events.   I sure don't want the spot.   I don't know what will happen with that coop.  I don't even want to be deputy because I MIGHT end up as leader.  (It's happened before.) 
    I just shot her a note this morning saying what I did on the UK coop.  That we could all vote and decide within our coop to just take a break.  Come back fresh and pick up where ever we are left off at.  We'll see how that goes. 

GG it's just too much.   At least with individual events I can just choose to ignore what I don't like and it doesn't hurt anyone.  (The flower and gourmet farm events, I don't stand a chance of ever finishing so not bothering anymore.  Two tries, got to the same point, dead end. = no fun.  
    Now the island is back.  I only play oh, one in about 4 temp farms, and only enough to stock up some seeds.  Again ever getting through it is impossible so why waste all my farm dollars trying.  And it's a sure bet now the architect will show up.   

Maybe there are enough players who spend spend spend non stop….  Has to be enough to keep the game funded I suppose.  So to the crazies out there with absolutely no life other than this click fest, more power to ya.    I just like my coffee clickage, and again before bed.   More than enough for me.  Not enough to finish these events anymore…. so be it.  Got more decor than I can use anyway.
    TOO MANY EVENTS!

TOO CLOSE TOGETHER  (if not running AT THE SAME TIME.)

TOO MANY COMPLICATED EVENTS!
    (I never did understand the asia event.   WAY too complicated.   The world wide one was another.  I'd look at the thing in the parking lot and just scratch my head.  IGNORE.)

WHY does GG keep sending out surveys THEN IGNORE THE RESULTS??????? 

WHY doesn't GG actually READ their own forum board?   I understand now that the pole to make CC once a month,  (at 90% when I got a chance to vote)  wasn't even started by GG.   Well someone started it, and a LOT of people voted for once a month (or less.)   And yet here it is again????  We just finished one.

NON STOP does NOT equal EVENT.     An EVENT is a rare thing…. you know…
    it's why it's called AN EVENT!     

Events here have become chores.   One of my coops, (not mine, I'm just in it) has a leader who is burnt out now.  Looking to leave.  It's tough to be a leader in any group but when the pressure is on ALL THE TIME it leads to people getting burnt out, bored, fed up, and leaving.   I walked away when GG stupidly booted people for taking advantage of a bug on their end.   I sent notes to all three coops I was taking a break from this. 
    Didn't miss it one bit.   

Thing is, I have always enjoyed this game.  Bugs and all.  I use to be able to finish an event, even get the highest prizes.   NOTHING is possible anymore.  Not the temp islands, certainly not the new gourmet or flower farm ones.  Tried twice now, forget it.  It's beyond ever reaching.  
    The whole idea of coop vs coop is really bad.   Only the gold users have a chance there.  Gets way too pushy especially when these run NON STOP!   

GG please listen to us.   Pick an event, do ONE… once a month.   It would really be an event then.  Not a rerun. 
  • TOO MANY EVENTS!

TOO CLOSE TOGETHER  (if not running AT THE SAME TIME.)

TOO MANY COMPLICATED EVENTS!
    (I never did understand the asia event.   WAY too complicated.   The world wide one was another.  I'd look at the thing in the parking lot and just scratch my head.  IGNORE.)

WHY does GG keep sending out surveys THEN IGNORE THE RESULTS??????? 

WHY doesn't GG actually READ their own forum board?   I understand now that the pole to make CC once a month,  (at 90% when I got a chance to vote)  wasn't even started by GG.   Well someone started it, and a LOT of people voted for once a month (or less.)   And yet here it is again????  We just finished one.

NON STOP does NOT equal EVENT.     An EVENT is a rare thing…. you know…
    it's why it's called AN EVENT!     

Events here have become chores.   One of my coops, (not mine, I'm just in it) has a leader who is burnt out now.  Looking to leave.  It's tough to be a leader in any group but when the pressure is on ALL THE TIME it leads to people getting burnt out, bored, fed up, and leaving.   I walked away when GG stupidly booted people for taking advantage of a bug on their end.   I sent notes to all three coops I was taking a break from this. 
    Didn't miss it one bit.   

Thing is, I have always enjoyed this game.  Bugs and all.  I use to be able to finish an event, even get the highest prizes.   NOTHING is possible anymore.  Not the temp islands, certainly not the new gourmet or flower farm ones.  Tried twice now, forget it.  It's beyond ever reaching.  
    The whole idea of coop vs coop is really bad.   Only the gold users have a chance there.  Gets way too pushy especially when these run NON STOP!   

GG please listen to us.   Pick an event, do ONE… once a month.   It would really be an event then.  Not a rerun. 
    It seems to me like they're killing it now to see what they can get away on their newer games. I could be just paranoid of course  :|
    No, I think you may be right.   EIther that or they have people running the show who have absolutely NO business sense at all.   
  • erryka said:
    I felt physically drained after the last challenge & then someone said it was because it had been 8 days instead of 6, which made sense to me, because the previous ones were bad, but nowhere near as bad as that last one. Our coop also got closer to the Trophy, still didn`t get it though. If that is the intention, to make it easier to get the Trophy, then IMO they should reduce the number of RP needed, not extend the time, because 8 days & 7 hours is just TOO LONG & it also comes around too often, I am developing a real loathing for missions & even seeing that daily task pop up gives me palpitations.
    unbelieveblthumb.gif

Couldn't agree more. I am physically suffering tendinitis from the last challenge. It is very painful doing missions now.
    Absolutely agree! and with the longer sit has also played havoc on my broken back plus the tendonitis in my hands & shoulder geezsh! Lagging so bad every time they load the HWE to do the CoOp Champs you're hard-pressed to do any application. So I just give-up with events & struggle to keep the Village alive. But that doesn't give me much time to plant & harvest then fill the boat Hopeless! I can only play the wheel to keep us active in the co-op...can't do much else. Plus...I didn't even receive my 150x seaweed feed from last week. Such a rip off. You will not agitate my day anymore...don't want a stroke trying to have some enjoyment. Open your ears Devs and if you have maintenance to do then just STOP all these events that chug the programming and send out a message for a repair time slot. I'd be glad to stay out of your way for a bit hereNthere.
  • probably the wrong thread, but hey. Another CC started (and unlike most of you i do not expect monthly cc rate to decrease at all despite the majority vote asking for it, since few yet consistent people keep spending bucket loads of gold each cc...) Just wanted to voice my flabbergasted frustration of getting a solo egg mission.... i thought the bug of solo missions during cc's got taken care of? Is it back?

If this happens again can you try to get a screen shot and send it to one of us mods?  It really helps to beable to take these back to the team.

Thanks
    Pickle
  • Fawners (US1)Fawners (US1) US1 Posts: 436
    So not worth time and energy anymore to voice our opinions about what we, the paying customer, would like to see on Big Farm.  Since 2013 I have read, and have been a big part of, the frustrating posts in this forum regarding this game.  Quite a shame, but I just do not see any give from GGS - just a lot of take!!

Okay, back off my soap box, grabbing a glass of wine and back to farming.  Cheers Farmers!  
  • For clarification regarding the recent petition/survey/poll about the CC frequency see here: Mod Bulletin

• qewt (US1)qewt (US1) US1 Posts: 161
    edited 06.02.2018
    Why is it "unfortunate" that other communities saw those polls and wanted to voice similar?

It seems to me that the polls should be started in other communities asking for them rather than stifled. It is still, after all, unofficial, just a suggestion by the players.
    I just watched Network.   That was a classic.   This scene really applies to how I feel about this game now.

• I have said previosly (about two years ago :) ) CC was most interesting thing in game when it strated and many of us was really excited when the next is one going to start. I used euros to bye gold, I thought it was reasonable when CC was about once in two months.

When it wS to be once a month, I felt (and quite many other playors too) that it was too often. If I got it right in other forums were different opinions and there playors wanted it even more often. 

It is great if GGS is now gathering opinion from all forums about playors preference about frequency and lenght about CC.

I hope to get my and my coop interest to CC back again, that means that once in one or two months :) 

Lenght of 4 days is ok, but shorter is better.

Sign In to comment.