Home EN Suggestions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Start booster rewards manually ☯️

MsWalker (US1)MsWalker (US1) Posts: 88
edited 21.03.2018 in Suggestions
Thank you for the mystery boxes the prizes are somewhat welcome.  The only suggestion I have is that when you give the extra experience points for them you can pick when to use them as apposed to having them when you have no opportunity to use them when they come out of the box..  It takes something like 12 hours for cherries and 2 hours for apples, 3 hours for almonds and 14 for peaches.  If you have harvested you won't get any of them within that hour you have.  It's especially annoying when you get them back to back.  Just a thought.
Post edited by CuddlyFoxes (FormerMod) on

Comments

• Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    Completely agree.
    Would be much,much better if we could pick when to use them.
    I have taken to only opening boxes when my Apples are ready to harvest !!
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    Yep - totally agree! :+1:
  • PINJO1986 (NL1)PINJO1986 (NL1) NL1 Posts: 1,852
    While i agree with this, the team already answered this by saying it will never happen.

WascallyWabbit said:
    9. Ability to choose when to activate bought/won boosters
    The benefit of these bonuses have a huge impact on the game mechanics and this means that having the chance to stack them has a direct potential risk of abusing this, unbalancing the event requirements.

• mia111 (GB1)mia111 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 741
    Thank you for the mystery boxes the prizes are somewhat welcome.  The only suggestion I have is that when you give the extra experience points for them you can pick when to use them as apposed to having them when you have no opportunity to use them when they come out of the box..  It takes something like 12 hours for cherries and 2 hours for apples, 3 hours for almonds and 14 for peaches.  If you have harvested you won't get any of them within that hour you have.  It's especially annoying when you get them back to back.  Just a thought.
    Just open them when you have all your buildings ready to harvest. You might not get the boosters, but if you do, you can use them.
  • Thank you for the mystery boxes the prizes are somewhat welcome.  The only suggestion I have is that when you give the extra experience points for them you can pick when to use them as apposed to having them when you have no opportunity to use them when they come out of the box..  It takes something like 12 hours for cherries and 2 hours for apples, 3 hours for almonds and 14 for peaches.  If you have harvested you won't get any of them within that hour you have.  It's especially annoying when you get them back to back.  Just a thought.
    Just open them when you have all your buildings ready to harvest. You might not get the boosters, but if you do, you can use them.
    It would appear that that would be the better solution to the problem.
  • MsWalker (US1)MsWalker (US1) Posts: 88
    edited 08.03.2017
    While i agree with this, the team already answered this by saying it will never happen.

WascallyWabbit said:
    9. Ability to choose when to activate bought/won boosters
    The benefit of these bonuses have a huge impact on the game mechanics and this means that having the chance to stack them has a direct potential risk of abusing this, unbalancing the event requirements.

It's strange things that will assist us to play the game better with better results seems to be difficult if not possible for them to do.  Since the game mechanics don't work half the time what's one more?  As to the potential for abuse or stacking the bonus that a lot of horse manure.  If they can limit the amount of everything we have on the farms like feed and how much barn storage and decorations we are allowed to have.  I bet there is an enterprising individual that can write a program  that won't allow you more then two of the bonus I am talking about.  As to unbalancing the event requirements :P = Bronx cheer or as it's known in wider circles a raspberry.  Not jumping on you Pin just stating my opinion on the powers that be.
  • what a downer the time bonus i won for coming in top 200  last for about 10 hours and im  on a 12 hour shift tonight so i wont get any benefit, why cant they make it so we can set it going when we can be online  grrrrrrrrr
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    Maybe GGS will rotate the next WWC event to start and end in a way to give you better advantage.  We can always hope.  I know the AU server coops have the same difficulty as you.
  • i will send them the dates when i can use it lol  ;)
  • edu29d (GB1)edu29d (GB1) GB1 Posts: 69
    edited 07.03.2018
    Hi. I'm sure I'm not the first person to suggest this, but is there some way of allowing the player when to start boosters? We all get the silly ones out of the mystery boxes that can be wasted as the orchards were harvested 5 mins before you open the mystey box. Or like when the WWC finished and if people weren't logged in they lose hours of the 50% booster because it started straight away.

I am not a programmer and do not know the complexity of setting a line of code to allow this but I'm sure it's not that much different to the decorations which can sit in our inventory for months
    Post edited by WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) on
  • JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    it has been suggested before and would love to see that happen... hate losing the booster because I can't play at that particular time...
  • SuzyQ22 (US1)SuzyQ22 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,475
    edited 25.10.2017
    I bought a farm booster and discovered it started right away instead of just going into my storage.  I didn't want to start now, I wanted to go to bed.  Now I have a four hour booster running on my main farm.  What a waste, it did not say it would start immediately, it was an offer to buy the booster.  Now i am out 9,000 lucky coins and a wasted booster running on my farm.

GGS, please return my booster to me and let it go to my storage for use when I want to use it.  If you can't do that, then please give me back my 9,000 lucky coins I spent to buy it.

Finally, please have that information readily available when purchasing boosters so we know they start right away, or go to storage for later use on the farm.

Post edited by SuzyQ22 (US1) on
  • @SuzyQ22 (US1) Boosters are always activated immediately, whether they are won in events or mystery boxes etc or purchased, they are not an object which is stored in your inventory &  it is something that we have passed on suggestions about several times.

If you logged out of your farm just after it was activated, I would suggest contacting support & explaining the situation to them, they should be able to see that you were logged out, though I can`t promise they will refund your gold, it can't hurt to try.

Good luck!
    edited 25.10.2017
    What about the handbook boosters you can buy?  Those I take it go into storage?  Which is why I thought I could buy a booster from Omar, and have it saved in my inventory.  This game leaves a lot to be desired regarding informing us how things work around here.  Epic fail in that area too!
    edited 03.11.2017
    I don't want to beat a dead horse but I want to say again that I think these boosters need to be activated by choice when purchased by a player.  Omar is offering the same Farm Booster of 25% for 9,000 Lucky Coins right now.

I also want to say the same thing for those that come in the mystery boxes because they also begin immediately.

The player should have choice when to use those boosters and I don't want to open my three mystery boxes I have because I don't want boosters automatically starting on my game right now.

Please look into changing this, so we can choose when to use our boosters, that were either purchased, or won in the game.  Thanks, SuzyQ

• The boosters are a rip-off anyway.  Save your coins up.  I got an Irish Chicken Coop with some of mine, now I have enough for another one whenever they get around to offering it again.
    edited 04.11.2017
    @Hyperion728(US1)

What's the benefit of an Irish Chicken Coop?  It looks Like Omar is offering one coming up on mine.  I see it gives more eggs than a regular coop does, so I see what the benefit is.

I still want boosters to be activated when we want to use them, not automatically.
  • firewolf (INT1)firewolf (INT1) INT1 Posts: 41
    edited 07.03.2018
    A mere suggestion to enable activation of the "Shorter times" reward gained from events or even mystery boxes. Its great reward and all, but its of little use if one, like me, does not have the money for upgrades, etc. The idea is to make them able to activate on will to gain full use of it in right time, like when the money is not a problem.
    Post edited by WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) on
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    I think the ability to pause boosters especially the ones involving reduced time with production and construction would be of a great benefit to many players. I know of a few players in my server that will miss out on its benefits because they have plans over the weekend and can't be online to take advantage of the 72 hour reward. Many hours are also lost due to sleep, work, life in general and I believe being able to pause these boosters during this time would be a great addition to the game.
  • dchen1 (US1)dchen1 (US1) US1 Posts: 993
    I think the ability to pause boosters especially the ones involving reduced time with production and construction would be of a great benefit to many players. I know of a few players in my server that will miss out on its benefits because they have plans over the weekend and can't be online to take advantage of the 72 hour reward. Many hours are also lost due to sleep, work, life in general and I believe being able to pause these boosters during this time would be a great addition to the game.
    I agree that it would be more fair to pause boosters.  
    I suggest to be able to use boosters anytime you want, being able to use them by the hour for example after getting a 12 hour booster, you can use 2 hours one day, 3 hours another day until they are all used up.  
    I agree 100%.  I just got one of these mystery boxes for experience points from Orchards.  I just collected my apples 20 minutes before I got the mystery box.  Why GGS makes these things start right away without the player deciding when to use them is beyond me.
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    I agree 100%.  I just got one of these mystery boxes for experience points from Orchards.  I just collected my apples 20 minutes before I got the mystery box.  Why GGS makes these things start right away without the player deciding when to use them is beyond me.
    I fell in that hole a couple of times. Now I never open boxes until my Apples are ready to harvest  :¬)
  • mahongli (AU1)mahongli (AU1) AU1 Posts: 12
    Is it possible to put a timer on this reward? Perhaps a 6-8 hr time from when the box is opened until it must be used?
    Why a timer?  Why not an ability to save it and use it when we want to?  The same thing happens with boosters for fields and meadows.  It really isn't benefitting us players when we can't use our boosters when we want to.  GGS forces things on us anyway, so I guess it is par for the course, right?
    Being able to choose when to activate boosters is similar to activating a farm machine.  There is no problem with saving a booster from a mystery box for later.  
    The amount of dollars, xp, premium cow feed, fertilizer and certificates from a mystery box is way too low.  Dollars and xp should be increased according to level.  
    Being able to choose when to activate boosters is similar to activating a farm machine.  There is no problem with saving a booster from a mystery box for later.  
    How do you save a booster to use later?  They always start right away when you close the box.
    How do you save a booster to use later?  They always start right away when you close the box.
    I am suggesting a change to make it more fair.  
  • It would be nice if time bound rewards where collectible instead of direct running when you receive it.

For example when wheel off fortune is done and you win 8 hours fish experience, just before bedtime or worktime or, a 12 hour 50% faster building time bonus just before you start something that takes longer to build then that time.

It makes those rewards useless.

Make it collectible with a 24 hour time limit to start it, that way it will be more rewarding.

I don’t know if this is already suggested, if so I couldn’t find it.

I want boosters to appear in a boosters section of the inventory that can store up to 10 boosters which can be used any time.  
Sign In to comment.