Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

How Many Times Should The Coop Championships Be Run Each Month?

Comments

• Tinzen (SKN1)Tinzen (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 473
    I voted once a month but feel it should be even less than that. It should only come once every 2 or 3 months at the most. 

This is a game and need to be fun not a job that is all work. 

The challenge was fun when it first come out and we could look forward to it coming every 3 months. When it got to once a month it became nothing special. That is when a lot of coop stopped doing it.
    i agree in that too, but this is a start
  • i vote once a month 
  • once in a month is more than enough, signed
  • the CC should be something one looks forward to....having it more than once a month is too much - not fun
  • Keep once a week CC and I leave my coop
  • TXGma (US1)TXGma (US1) US1 Posts: 56
    Scheduling Co-op Challenges every 4 or 5 days isn't just too much, it's WAY TOO MUCH!!!!! I had to leave my beloved co-op and friends 4 months ago because of the insane game calendar. I miss them something fierce, but it's a small team and they need players that can play CCs. The constant CC's are running good players off the game. It's not good for the players, and not good for the game.

I'm asking for the support of every player and co-op leader that agrees that monthly CC's would improve the game experience and help limit player attrition. Please sign to show your support and direct your friends and team members to this thread to sign and share their thoughts. Please keep the thread about frequency of Co-op Championships only to keep things on track. Maybe for once, if the response is overwhelming, GG will listen to the players. 

• TXGma (US1)TXGma (US1) US1 Posts: 56
    REWIND, PLAY, REWIND, PLAY --- This is an ongoing problem for players and has been presented to GGS multiple times. ONCE, they actually listened and cut back to one CC/month...for a short time. Then they moved into twice/month and now its as often as they like. One, it is no longer a competition or challenge. Those who play with gold win. Two, it is no longer fun...since it doesn't mean anything--one ends and the joy of the victory is gone because another is days away. Three, it isn't a contest to see how well one has developed his/her farm or the use of strategies to get better results. It's just about gold sales.

IN ORDER TO GET RESULTS>>>> Don't play the CC at all ! If there are no gold purchases prior to or during CC it is no longer advantageous to GGS.
  • ibike42 (HU1)ibike42 (HU1) HU1 Posts: 7
    agree, signed
    signed
    once in a month is more than enough, signed
    totally agree, signed
  • MJR3 (US1)MJR3 (US1) US1 Posts: 25
    Once a month is More than enough, signed
  • BJs (US1)BJs (US1) US1 Posts: 189
    -
    First Up I notice this -
    " as a Petition, which we do not regard as a valid form of feedback, as they only count 1 opinion."
    Meaning it has no value as a form of feed back - Really -
    Then it says - " We know from previous feedback that the majority of you do want the CC only once a month "
    If this is so then the point seems pretty clear but to make it fair we will have an unofficial survey and a poll.
    Then it says - " in the interest of fairness to those who may have other opinions, we have added a poll to the survey " - Really -
    The survey only has one question on it. "

How Many Times Should The Coop Championships Be Run Each Month?

The answers are various numbers of times per month. It is assumed that we will check 1 time a month. However this is not official - Also in this - post your Opinion part, I see Many are saying Quarterly and some elude to once a month is to much. It is noticed in the post that many have another opinion but there is no place to vote this so we must choose 1 time a month, or more often. 

I agree with the Majority When it was less time than once a month there was time to schedule, A Time to play. Then the whole CoOp would band together and spark each other so we could have an ample supply of Naughty or Nice fairy dust. Upgrading between events and CoOp Projects. More output - More FUN to work together. Way more chance to Save back a few $$ to get a bigger Gold package Instead of the 1.99$ one or none at all. When some farmers see the count Down Globe for the games they as I cringe, and want to withdraw. I say to my Self this would be a great time to clean my gutters (I dont have) or polish my "Cludgie".     (I do have)  It has been a few years since i polished the out side one.  -

Now in my Opinion I do want the CC games to be less than once a month. I do not know if the opinions will be regarded in this form. So like many  vote once a month.

Lets define a month as 30 days  - not 22, 29, or 18 days but 30 days.

I used to get fueled up once a month for the CC game. I could amount up to 80 to 90 Special seeds, over 1000 blue humus, and collect and distribute several different type of Fairy Dust ( Naughty or Nice Sparkles ) - Then it happened a couple times a month no time to get even 30 of the seeds together humus low working with the other events tied up my fields and other stalls so up grades slowed. Then the CC games came every few days. Oh My God nothing is getting done I start off with 10 to 12 Special seeds low on humus - upgrades are stalled so I am getting walked over buy way higher leveled players than I am.  This is why farmers feel they are being poor support to there CoOp -

A list of members from the Victory Ridge Voting Yes to once a month - Leahwynn  - Jenni 1 -  Agi8 - Ravenmist

• I myself think every quarter is too much, but at least it's doable.   My concern is even if GGS listens and cuts back on the amount of CC's played, they will increase the amount of days each CC contains.  Three days is enough.    

Here is an idea:   Why not start a CC, unannounced.  No warning at all..Take away the wheel, the gold deals, the seaweed etc, etc....and just let the farmers farm with what they have on hand.  It may be a more level playing field (may not be) but we may be more enthusiastic than we are now.     Just an idea.

• Patti B (US1)Patti B (US1) US1 Posts: 2
    I need more time to build up resources  for a challange.  I also do not like four and five events happening at the same time.  This is a game I play for fun during leisure time, not a job. You will lose me ( and I suspect many others) if you keep up the fast pace. 
  • digndrt (US1)digndrt (US1) US1 Posts: 3
    I agree with a lot of what is said I think once a month is plenty, as it is I really only play once a month seriously the other times I may play a game or two just to earn certs for upgrading equipment on farm but do not try or care if I come in #1 or #6 in the mission
  • Summer (SKN1)Summer (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 844
    I agree: once a month or pref every 6 weeks. This game har exploded into a full days jobb + some ifff we are to do all thats needed. And we can´t. Once upon a time this was a fun game, a game we could relax with and look forward to log in to. Thats not the case anymore and it is pushing players away. That is real bad for business (!) Minimize and make players happy to be here again.

Signed.

Cheers
  • ape-regina (INT1)ape-regina (INT1) INT1 Posts: 45
    totally 100% i agree once a month 
    signed 
  • I agree with Tara.  Once a month is more than enough.  Maybe GGS could implement a CC for coops that want to do them more frequently, similiar to the Village League Challenges.. Leave it up the the teams themselves..The CC occurring so often is too much for me, personally.  I've forwarded the link onto my teammates & feel its important they have their say too!  It really goes back to when I played a few years ago..higher level farmers complained there wasn't enough to do.. they had no new side tasks.. and then there was no such thing as the Village or the CC.  So the higher level players got bored.  Obviously, the higher levelled co-ops enjoy these extra events because they no longer have to grow their co-op, complete researches, or really compete too much with completing projects to get ahead.  On the other hand, growing co-ops need time to focus on building their teams!  I feel this time around playing, there is waaay too much to do, its overwhelming for newer farmers & like I've said before, I'd much prefer GGS improving & adding new projects, changing & updating the inner workings of the coops themselves, improve recruiting.. etc.  I'm sorry to get off topic, but allow the higher coops to do their thing and allow us to do ours!  Just my 2 cents.   ;)
  • First I will need to apologize for the length of this memo.  I've enjoyed the teamwork and the other players in my cooperative and would hate to see more players leave due to the pressures from the event schedule.

Like so many others on this game site, I feel that the Cooperative Championships are occurring way too often.  Majority of the folks who play this game are utilizing it for a fun recreational game.  This shouldn't be considered a full-time job where we are required to play 6 plus hours a day to stay as an active participant.  To have farms that are doing well, we need to spend game money to upgrade fields, barns, orchards, houses, etc.  In addition we need to cultivate the fields and grow various items to sell to earn these game monies.  How can we do this and all the other annual/recurring annual events, irregular events, and the themed events?  In a 24 hour period we are required to work approximately 6-8 hours per day for real money, if we are parents we are needed by our kids 24/7, driving to work and child events/sports, coaching, work events, etc.  How does GGS expect us to spend so much time on their game site to do all these other activities?  Majority of us are not professional gamers who can spend all their time in front of their personal computers playing these games.  Please be more realistic with the timing of these events and how long it takes for each event.

As I write this memo I see that we have 3 different events occurring simultaneously - Fairy Tale Time, the Cooperative Championships, and the Worldwide Championships.  We just ended the Hard Worker event.  Not all the events can work simultaneously as each event might require different harvest/crops/items on the same farm.  This type of scheduling is unfair to the smaller farms that don't have 5 or more fields, multiple barns for storage, and double digit pig/cow/chicken coops.  

With this said, please review your various games and the turnaround of their length of time on the schedule.  We need time to breath, eat, work, tend to family matters, and all other things that are more important in the real world.  If things don't change more of the recreational players will leave for other game sites.

Thanks for hearing me out.

A member of Movers Shakers 
  • -Anyu- (HU1)-Anyu- (HU1) HU1 Posts: 5
     One month in a single month is a texting tournament, but it is no problem if it is 2 months old ...
    Signed
    -Anyu-

• 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    I agree that 1 x per month is plenty for the CC's especially with all the events that are rotated in and with the upcoming Volcanic Farm.  I know we enjoy the "goodies" that come with the CC's (the Seaweed fert/feed/humus and the mystery boxes and the CC WOF's sparkle gifts, special seeds, rep points, etc....but again once per month is plenty.  I am worn out playing all the events and continuous CC's.  I no longer play wholeheartedly.
  • once a month 
  • vtkady (US1)vtkady (US1) US1 Posts: 98
    once per month please
  • Every 6 weeks would make the game fun again. With the Silo events and the horse racing,
    The challenge has become a drudge & more like work than fun.

• Penfold (GB1)Penfold (GB1) GB1 Posts: 252
    I'd prefer every 6 - 8 weeks too, but reducing it to once a month would take at least some of the pressure off!
  • bulubla (INT1)bulubla (INT1) INT1 Posts: 99
    edited 29.01.2018
    Copied from Mod News Bulletin!
    Below is the proposed event schedule for February, as it currently stands. It is incomplete & subject to change, but we will post any changes as we get them - All times shown are CET.
    - Feb 1st - 4th: CHWE (No times)
    - Feb 4th - 8th: CC (No times)
    - Feb 9th - 12th: FHWE (No times)
    - Feb 13th - 17th: CC (No times)
    - Feb 18th - 22nd: HWE (No times)
    - Feb 23rd - 26th: CHWE (No times)
    - Feb 27th - March 3rd: CC (No Times)
    3 CC's in a month is way beyond a joke, 1st is 4 days after the current 1 ends, 4 day break till the next 1 starts,
    someone should tell them there dreaming
  • Once a month please.

I vote for once a month for me and on behalf my other farm account: Emerald Dragon.

Sign me up! - Jessterz, Emerald Dragon and Queen Potter
  • Signed
  • once a month like it used to be goodgame are getting far too greedy wanting us to spend more and more on gold but this lad only has so much to spend but no more spending from me
  • Xcution (INT1)Xcution (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,183
    How much chances you guys think this post is competiable means how much chance is there they are going to listen the their customers for. Me 0% as we have seen in several issues they didn't care what's happening in the game they just gave new and new events so I want to you know that if I am wrong and this post made to think ggs that cc must be come once a month ask every member of ur corp to signed here I saw this post as my corp member sent a msg to all the members there is a poll running go and select what u want mostly members don't care but that's for not them that's for enjoyment so please ask each member to contribute their vote here yes if something going to change then it must be a biggest change ever with the help of this running pole
  • I feel like I'm on a treadmill - and the personal trainer (GGS) keeps increasing the speed.
    Sure, I can keep up for a while, but push, push, push, me too far and I will breakdown.
    I LOVE this game. I LOVE Cooperative Championships.
    BUT I need to have a break too.

Once per month Please.

I do NOT want to lose my passion for the game. :smile:
  • I agree, I want coop championships once a month.  I also want hard worker events to be in the order of: regular, fishing, cooperative, fishing...   
    totally 100% i agree once a month 
    signed 

Kitty

signed....sealed & delivered
    The vote says it all !!

Sandra
    Good farmers

This discussion has been closed.