Home EN General Discussions & Questions Most Discussed Topics

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Hard Worker Event - "No Pain, No Gain" [Regular Version]

Comments

• Corvid (GB1)Corvid (GB1) GB1 Posts: 625
    in short, as ive said in other related threads, its the coop worker event without the advantages of that (+1 for 10s and booster) but done solo

so yeah, pap
  • carjola (AU1)carjola (AU1) AU1 Posts: 252
    I agree this isn't the original HWE as we never had WHEAT before either. I have now had the Lamb Lettuce & Wheat several times now in this version.
  • Rusty Farmer (AU1)Rusty Farmer (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,705
    Maybe they just updated it. There's alfalfa too, and probably rutabaga.
  • Kimmiecat (NL1)Kimmiecat (NL1) NL1 Posts: 995
    Mission impossible...3 crops from the gardens in a row, where lettuce should not be part of the regular HWE.
    Just another scam to prevent us from getting GML's and trying to get us to spend gold.

• Surya54 (INT1)Surya54 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 507
    Didn't get a problem for rubataga and alfalfa, but when it comes to wheat or lamb's lettuce, I use similar strategy with co-op HWE, special seeds on damaged field. My farm still small, so perhaps my best goes to 28th reward.
  • JustMe (US1)JustMe (US1) US1 Posts: 491
    Didn't get a problem for rubataga and alfalfa, but when it comes to wheat or lamb's lettuce, I use similar strategy with co-op HWE, special seeds on damaged field. My farm still small, so perhaps my best goes to 28th reward.
    does this give the short few minutes timeframe and then move to the next? didn't think it worked with this HWE
  • GGS sure knows how to take the fun out of the game.  Co op members, long time members and gold buyers/spenders, leaving the game and have cited the fun level has disappeared and not worth putting up with all the bugs as reasons.  They were also tired of questionares that never led to improvements.
    i couldnt agree more

i know it's a business where money has to be made but the fun factor of actually playing your farm is reducing event on event as they change them to try and generate more money
    yes the strategy works to move on quick/er but the point is still pertinent, this is much more difficult overall and makes time management much harder (ie to work around times away from comp, for those with a life outside the game or work etc)
  • What I don't like is the fact that the extra credit point I got from hitting 10/second is gone....again.  
    What I don't like is the fact that the extra credit point I got from hitting 10/second is gone....again.  
    that is only for the Co-opHWE and with that one you and your coop can buy bonuses
  • SuzyQ22 (US1)SuzyQ22 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,475
    edited 17.01.2018
    Anyone know where I make my claim to get the 100 gold back?  I can't find anywhere to do this.  How do I contact support?

Never mind, I found it and filed. I hope they keep their promise.
    Post edited by SuzyQ22 (US1) on
    Went from milk to corn now and it is still counting.
  • Kimmiecat (NL1)Kimmiecat (NL1) NL1 Posts: 995
    GGS sure knows how to take the fun out of the game.  Co op members, long time members and gold buyers/spenders, leaving the game and have cited the fun level has disappeared and not worth putting up with all the bugs as reasons.  They were also tired of questionares that never led to improvements.
    The questionaire is a waist of time. You can not answer any question the right way.
    "Are you challenged enough by the game"?
    No...meaning there are too many challenges. GGS translation to the "no" answer : we need to add more challenges.
    Yes ... meaning you agree with all events being thrown upon us.

In other words : GGS will only read what they want to read from our answers.
  • fastpat (US1)fastpat (US1) US1 Posts: 9
    Why does my Event not change, hasn't changed in 1 day.....it's stuck,,,,how do I fix that?
  • LilFarm (US1)LilFarm (US1) US1 Posts: 31
    Why does my Event not change, hasn't changed in 1 day.....it's stuck,,,,how do I fix that?
    You either put the item it would like to fill the bucket, and/or make sure the event in started.  You have to wait until George is on page 2 to click the "Let's Get Started" button though.  (I've gotten in a hurry and harvested my corn before clicking that button before).

I also believe the forum moderators had previously mentioned an issue with the HWE that may cause it to get stuck and the solution was to click the next button and submit a ticket to support for the gold use.  It was cautioned you can ONLY be reimbursed for 1 GOLD skip.

Keep in mind the amount of gold used to skip goes up the more it's used.  100g, 200g, 300g, etc.  (I think that's how it works, I rarely skip buckets).
  • archerbob (AU1)archerbob (AU1) AU1 Posts: 531
    Yep the game is going south, we have a member in our co-op that donated a heap and hasn't been on in more than a week which is very unlike her....  I'm starting to think GGS is pulling a Zynga and ruining the game to push away the playerbase before they mothball/kill the game.
    ive said since the dockyard that the game has the feel of one on the clock (projected forecast of months or a year left in it etc by ggs) so the remaining time is used to maximise gold spending in anyway they can come up with

eg: dockyard presented as game changing then nerfed, events piled on top of one another continually, the greatly increased frequency of cc (prob their most reliable event for gold numbers), the introduction of coop hw, then put it back to back with cc and the list goes on

add to that a reduction in costs for GGS thru staff cuts (it's basically run by a skeleton staff) and it looks like, well, what it looks like - if they viewed the game as still one of their long term headliners, then why under staff it? which is clearly the case as we witness regularly with bugs not being sorted asap and errors upon errors (eg someone 'forgot' to switch on the wcc points for the last cc etc) - we tend to blame the guys working on the game for this, they are the obvious targets, but you can't get away from the fact they are understaffed

which then points the finger back to their masters....

i know ggs thru the twitch broadcast and various responses from cm_hunter on this forum have totally rejected that notion and assured us that is not the case but if it looks like a duck and goes quack, i tend to think it is a duck
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    if it looks like a duck and goes quack, i tend to think it is a duck
    Sadly, I find your logic almost irrefutable  :¬(
    My only hope is that it was actually caused by the merger, that the company needed to appear more profitable in order to be atractive to its prospective partners and hence the need to boost income and reduce costs. Time will tell.
    edited 18.01.2018
    well my last round of rutabagas - didn't even last 2 minutes and yes i was harvesting 

whoa went to cabbage which was next with dani after and i did "skip" and boom EGGS are now up
  • Janney (INT1)Janney (INT1) INT1 Posts: 25
    I didn't get licence for first 50 (and i was 2nd) on my zeeex farm,i hate you ppl!
  • mia111 (GB1)mia111 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 741
    edited 19.01.2018
    I didn't get licence for first 50 (and i was 2nd) on my zeeex farm,i hate you ppl!
    You didn't get the license because in the normal HWE only ranks 6 to 50 get the ranking license. You were second, thus you don't get the license. They did change it for the coop HWE (previously on the first versions only ranks 26 to 50 got the license).
  • wnai (GB1)wnai (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1
    Why is it every time the hard worker event starts they do a  "hotfix" right after its started, would'nt be better to do the hotfix first then start it
  • LilFarm (US1)LilFarm (US1) US1 Posts: 31
    It's not ideal, but the past few times they have hotfixed during the event, it hasn't reset the silo, so I'd take that a much improved scenario than a few months back.
  • archerbob (AU1)archerbob (AU1) AU1 Posts: 531
    Nevertheless this event is bugged again....

I dunno what the silo score is counting but it's not the points/second it should be.
    It's not ideal, but the past few times they have hotfixed during the event, it hasn't reset the silo, so I'd take that a much improved scenario than a few months back.
    The last hard worker event did not move to count when collecting jasmine on the flower farm.  We had to skip once to get it moving again but when it did it again we couldn't skip and get our gold back if we did that a second time.
  • Val C (GB1)Val C (GB1) GB1 Posts: 277
    When I went to bed last night [or I should say early hours of this morning] I was ticking over nicely with Jasmine, next product was eggs,followed by lamb mint which was planted ready for next log in.  Woke to find eggs had changed to dandelions and lamb mint to corn.   I neither know nor care if there was a hotfix that caused this, all I know is my patience with this game is at an all time low  
  • qewt (US1)qewt (US1) US1 Posts: 161
    edited 19.02.2018
    The HWE needs to be reworked, at least for levels 21-30 and 31-64... I made rank 13 my first HWE, in the lowest level bracket, and I still couldn't earn the gold mining license. I made near rank 50 each HWE since and never get close. (I'm not talking about the ranking GML, I mean the Hard Work GML)

I decided to try really hard these past couple HWE and gave up on the CC for a bit. I have spent a lot of resources, planting special seeds with premium and super humus on every field every time I get a new box, even using seaweed humus, and I am going no where fast.

Is there ANY strategy to actually earn the GMLs in these level brackets? the fact that I have seen anywhere from zero (0) people earn them to up to two (2) people earning them, at most, leads me to believe there is no viable strategy for earning the licenses in these level brackets.

If anyone actually has a working strategy, I could use it, but I'd be wary sharing it for they may rebalance it for the worse.
    Post edited by qewt (US1) on
  • And what about the fact that players of level 65 - 999 are in the same ranking group? How could a lvl 70 farm possibly compete with a lvl 300 farm in this event?
    Not fair, not fair at all :s
    edited 19.02.2018
    And what about the fact that players of level 65 - 999 are in the same ranking group? How could a lvl 70 farm possibly compete with a lvl 300 farm in this event?
    Not fair, not fair at all :s

I have to agree fully with this.  I am level 65, lowest of the low levels, lol. 

And, what is with the lineup?  I have barley, then lambs lettuce right after.  Sheesh, nothing like making it really hard for us to play.

OOPS!  I realize I at level 71, not 65.  Don't know where I got 65 from, lol.
    Post edited by SuzyQ22 (US1) on
Sign In to comment.