Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Cat Tree purpose?

Sorry if this is a redundant post but I can't seem to find the information elsewhere...

What exactly is that cat tree supposed to do when you got all these charms or whatever?

Thanks.

Comments

• Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    Much the same as the dog  :¬)
  • Cmon 1 Million points for a CAT

That will take forever, as anyone found a quicker way to farm theses charms??

• Sharkie (GB1)Sharkie (GB1) GB1 Posts: 57
    Cmon 1 Million points for a CAT

GGS has thoughtfully allowed us to purchase gold to hasten our cat tree, mine only costs 77,926 gold...
  • bdreish (GB1)bdreish (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,341
    edited 13.10.2017
    Much the same as the dog  :¬)
    @Uncle John (GB1) , don't you mean "when it is completed in about 4 years time or have spent thousands of gold it will be much the same as the dog" ?   ;)

I didn't bother to put a cat on any of my farms and am still waiting for the 'white dog no rewards' bug to be fixed - any news on this yet please GGS?
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    edited 13.10.2017
    In fairnes @bdreish (GB1) , the OP did say "when you got all these charms" so I think I was adequate.   lol

but other than that, I'm with you, a complete cat-free zone.   :¬)
  • Val C (GB1)Val C (GB1) GB1 Posts: 277
    Hot deals?  Surely they won't ignore the opportunity to provide one of those.  I need 4 million charms, so I've given up on the cat tree.
  • I need to get 4.5 millions charms on my main farm but after 237,000 charms I got a cat running on my farm. I'm happy with that because I like cats and wanted some on my farms.
    The cat hearth begin with ''purple'' color then become pink, then red. When it's red you have a cat running on your farm.
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    I need to get 4.5 millions charms on my main farm but after 237,000 charms I got a cat running on my farm. I'm happy with that because I like cats and wanted some on my farms.
    The cat hearth begin with ''purple'' color then become pink, then red. When it's red you have a cat running on your farm.
    Well the charms on my main farm are red, but I still need a ton of gold to complete the cat.  So I don't know how you got your cat running on your farm.  Do you also get to harvest the bubble bag when it appears?
  • bdreish (GB1)bdreish (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,341
    In fairnes @bdreish (GB1) , the OP did say "when you got all these charms" so I think I was adequate.   lol

but other than that, I'm with you, a complete cat-free zone.   :¬)
    Sorry @Uncle John (GB1) , didn't see that part of the post, so you were quite correct in what you wrote.  I decided not to add a cat as I already have a Maine Coon at home and one cat is enough for this farmer (also didn't trust it to be without bugs lol) - isn't it nice to be bug free at least in one part of the game.  Just wish they would sort out the problem with the dog :(     
  • I need to get 4.5 millions charms on my main farm but after 237,000 charms I got a cat running on my farm. I'm happy with that because I like cats and wanted some on my farms.
    Well the charms on my main farm are red, but I still need a ton of gold to complete the cat.  So I don't know how you got your cat running on your farm.  Do you also get to harvest the bubble bag when it appears?
    Your charms are red and you dont have a cat running on your farm! I dont understand how the charms are working but yes, I have a cat running even if I still need a ton of charms to complete and yes I harvest the bubble bag too.
  • Blue Denim (US1)Blue Denim (US1) US1 Posts: 5,253
    edited 15.10.2017
    I do hope My Pups are going to be fixed, why they turn white when you click on them I have no clue bout, and as for the Cat Tree, It will take Me forever to get a Cat as I am not able to buy gold for My game so it will take Me awhile to get the almost 4 million not 1 million charms, and I do not see a Cat at all on My farm yet, so no clue bout that as well, :)
  • Needing ONE MILLION cat charms for my kitty to appear. Mine are pink - on gourmet farm, haven't seen any others. 
  • I have a 'cat tree' on each of my farms. On one farm, the hearts are red, on another they are purple and on the other, they are pink. On each farm, no matter how many charms I have collected or need, there are TWO cats - one who remains near the 'tree' jumping in and out of the box provided; the other is running all about on the farm much like my dogs! I think maybe the one near the tree is the one we are supposed to be able to 'train' when we achieve the required # of charms - which on my farms are vastly different numbers! The lowest of which is One Million - middle amount one and a half million the high is 3,800,000. What a mess - but fun to watch the charms add up and the cat run all about.
    Guess I will just be patient and see what happens.
  • Kimmiecat (NL1)Kimmiecat (NL1) NL1 Posts: 995
    Needing ONE MILLION cat charms for my kitty to appear. Mine are pink - on gourmet farm, haven't seen any others. 
    If you place a cat on your main farm, you can collect red charms on your main farm.
    If you place a cat on your gourmet farm, you can collect pink charms on your gourmet farm.
    If you place a cat on your flower farm, you can collect purple charms on your flower farm.

The cat asks for a different quantity of charms on every farm. On the main farm, my cat needs 4.500.000 charms.
  • oh BTW...I only needed 2 mil 600,000 charms or 78,000 in gold Ha! Be nice if I made that kind of cash to burn
    edited 11.01.2018
    The purpose is to have cute little kitty's running around your farms just like the cute pups do I am guessing, the only problem I am having with my Cat House is that I can not move it at all no matter what, it dropped on Me when I was trying to place it, and when I try to move it, it will not budge at all, that really needs to be fixed, so I hope the team is working on that, otherwise I think the kitty's are adorable, :)
    Cmon 1 Million points for a CAT

You got only 1 mil for your house? try 3.8 mil, that is what mine wants.:(
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    The purpose is to have cute little kitty's running around your farms just like the cute pups do I am guessing, the only problem I am having with my Cat House is that I can not move it at all no matter what, it dropped on Me when I was trying to place it, and when I try to move it, it will not budge at all, that really needs to be fixed, so I hope the team is working on that, otherwise I think the kitty's are adorable, :)

BUT - you cán move your cat tree! Via the last tab "Cursor" in the working menu at the bottom of your screen!

BUT - you cán move your cat tree! Via the last tab "Cursor" in the working menu at the bottom of your screen!

I did not see such cursor on the bottom of My screen, but much thanks for your help just the same, I will try to find that as well as do what another person suggested as well, many thanks, :)
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268

I did not see such cursor on the bottom of My screen, but much thanks for your help just the same, I will try to find that as well as do what another person suggested as well, many thanks, :)
    @Blue Denim (US1)

Or just press SHIFT+M to bring up the Move Cursor. (or SHIFT+R to Rotate)
  • Corvid (GB1)Corvid (GB1) GB1 Posts: 625
    i didnt bother with the cat cos the whole thing seemed too contrived for my liking but out of curiosity, does anyone have an actual cat yet?
  • ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
    i didnt bother with the cat cos the whole thing seemed too contrived for my liking but out of curiosity, does anyone have an actual cat yet?
    Two of my cooperative members have told me they have one, apparently the cat does not give gifts but you can train the cat like the dog. I have about 220,000 cat charms to go and then I will have my main farm cat, but at the moment we can't do much with the cat and it is not a very good use of space.
  • Corvid (GB1)Corvid (GB1) GB1 Posts: 625
    so xp is all you get?
    so xp is all you get?
    Unfortunately that is correct. Hopefully we will be able to collect some gifts from the cat soon, but it is very unimpressive at the moment, definitely not worth collecting 4,500,000 cat charms for.
    edited 21.01.2018
    I have just finished collecting all of the cat charms for the main farm cat tree, so I will show you what it looks like.

For some reason there was an issue that would not let me get the cat once I collected all the charms, so I had to refresh my page then I could get the cat.

Before feeding the cat

After feeding the cat (not a very good happiness bonus)

The cat tree menu

After feeding and naming my cat (receiving 400 experience for the daily trick)

I don't think the rewards are worth the time and effort to collect the 4.5 million charms, especially considering this takes up a 24 square space on our farms. And farm space becomes very valuable at a higher level, I think we need to get some higher levels in the near future and some good gifts from the cat, otherwise the cat is not a useful addition to our farm and for the players who want to get a cat for personality to their farm, they will have a very challenging time with all of the cat charms to collect.
    Post edited by ninjahuman (AU1) on
  • I've got the Cat Tree on the Gourmet and Flower farms, about 500,000 charms to go on the main farm.

The Cat Tree has only 1 level as you can see from ninjahuman's post above (tricks 1/1) where as the dog can have 10. Maybe the Cat Tree will be upgradeable and have more purpose in the future, but for now I'm fairly underwhelmed.

Mark
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    Does it give random gold bag rewards like the dog? If yes what are these rewards?
    Does it give random gold bag rewards like the dog? If yes what are these rewards?
    It doesn't give any gifts at all, the only thing you can get from it is 400 experience from training it daily.
  • This game has been so wrong since that cat was introduced to the farm! Glad I only did one on Flower Farm and that's all I'm gonna bother with. Constant down-loading issues ...when you can get on and play? humfph!
  • Getting a cat tree was a mistake.  I would like to destroy it.  When will that be possible?  I could use that space for something much more useful...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file